Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
I bet it's Japanese businessman with cut off pinkie. (He's carrying it on a plate at the bbq)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Typical posted:

[art stuff]

This is really impressive. I just caught up on the new season, and you guys are doing fantastic work. :thumbsup:

deadlysweet
Nov 30, 2011
Just wanted to share some Rick and Morty fan art I did recently. LOVE this show so much.
http://imgur.com/XowmxlW

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

deadlysweet posted:

Just wanted to share some Rick and Morty fan art I did recently. LOVE this show so much.
http://imgur.com/XowmxlW

Holy crap these are awesome!

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Typical posted:

Check out these blast shields. I got to design them! The first one is the concept art I made and then here’s how it appears in the episode.. Andrew Delange did the final clean for them and they look amazing.

Were the blast shields an intentional or unintentional homage to the look and feel of Irken technology in Invader Zim? Because it definitely had a very Zim alien-tech feel to it (in a good way).

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

So I dunno if this has been brought up, and there is probably evidence against it, but has it ever been suggested that Beth is one of Rick's former traveling buddies? It would be part of why she is pretty okay with him taking Morty around, cause she knows that he will keep Morty safe, or possibly became a jaded herself. It could also be why he split up with her mom, because she became worried and things just fell apart.

It would be kinda cool to see her on an "adventure". Maybe she's totally jaded with a "seen it all before" Dr. Venture vibe.

Also, if you're the kind of person who plays Dota, the R&M Announcer Pack should be out today.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

GigaPeon posted:

Also, if you're the kind of person who plays Dota, the R&M Announcer Pack should be out today.

gently caress. YES.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Pakled posted:

I think the smart seed things were just a one-time thing. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Morty's adventures with Rick have left him more, not necessarily intelligent, but savvy.

I think it's this. Morty's probably never going to be a super genius or anything but he pays attention to his adventures. Remember when me made the :smug: callback to crystallized xanthanite being used for inter-dimensional stuff?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GigaPeon posted:

It would be kinda cool to see her on an "adventure". Maybe she's totally jaded with a "seen it all before" Dr. Venture vibe.

Is it just Rick mocking the game?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Tatum Girlparts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om9eTFERicM

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Pretty much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om9eTFERicM

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Are they actually gonna put in a Meseeks courier? That would be amazing. Especially if it explodes after it delivers items.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Inspector_666 posted:

Are they actually gonna put in a Meseeks courier? That would be amazing. Especially if it explodes after it delivers items.

It's probably a Meseeks that was created by someone saying "help my teammates be more chill about Dota", so it's going to be a little psychopath by the end of the match.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

That could also just be him stopping in for an hour to congratulate his daughter on having a kid she actually wanted before stumbling back to his spaceship and flying off

It could also be a completely different Morty

Do you guys really think we've ever seen the same Morty twice?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I can't believe I didn't realize Rick's gun was so similar to the Halo rocket launcher until I saw the concept art.

God drat all those guns are so cool.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

DrManiac posted:

I think it's this. Morty's probably never going to be a super genius or anything but he pays attention to his adventures. Remember when me made the :smug: callback to crystallized xanthanite being used for inter-dimensional stuff?

Plus, I think having his world turned upside down every week would encourage some very creative thinking. Rick might be a genius, but he's used to all the crazy poo poo he experiences/causes constantly. Morty on the other hand is forced to reevaluate his perception of reality all the time which might give him an edge in terms of lateral thinking.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Well, apart from that one time he hung out with toddler Morty:

That could also just be him stopping in for an hour to congratulate his daughter on having a kid she actually wanted before stumbling back to his spaceship and flying off

My pet theory is that Rick's absence and his hatred of the Galactic Federation are somehow related (in addition to his personality clashing with them in general.) Maybe he was on the run, imprisoned, or conscripted. I just have a feeling that Rick wouldn't his daughter, and presumably his work, on a whim.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

ZorajitZorajit posted:

My pet theory is that Rick's absence and his hatred of the Galactic Federation are somehow related (in addition to his personality clashing with them in general.) Maybe he was on the run, imprisoned, or conscripted. I just have a feeling that Rick wouldn't his daughter, and presumably his work, on a whim.

In the council of Ricks episode the other Ricks are quite nice with Beth when they're visiting, perhaps to highlight how much they love loving with Jerry, but also could be an indication that just C-137 Rick (or just a few Ricks) had the estranged relationship, so ya I could see the two tying together.

Hell, perhaps he was off researching with Evil Morty for fifteen years, hence his cryptic comment to end that S1 episode.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Why was that guy killing Ricks anyway?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Doctor Reynolds posted:

To gather their Mortys for the dome.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Because Evil Morty is evil, and Keyser Soze.

Takoluka posted:

Morty doesn't need a dome of Morty's, he needs Morty's to suffer.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I want that SUCK MY D_ _K apron Rick was wearing in the bbq flashback. It's like Tom Cruise in that movie Cuisine!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Inspector_666 posted:

Meeseeks courier didn't make it into the pack.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Takoluka posted:

But actually it was probably to free all those Mortys from their Ricks, giving them a chance to live normal lives, while pinning the blame for it all on someone else.

His "evil Rick" eventually being beaten was always part of his plan.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Katana Gomai posted:

Meeseeks courier didn't make it into the pack.

Godammit.

ricks-head-in-laser.gif

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

JT Jag posted:

But actually it was probably to free all those Mortys from their Ricks, giving them a chance to live normal lives, while pinning the blame for it all on someone else.

His "evil Rick" eventually being beaten was always part of his plan.

If that was the case, then why have the dome with thousands of naked tortured mortys for who knows how long in the first place? Who knows how many died before our Rick and Morty found them? Seems counter intuitive since he could have just...killed the ricks and let the mortys be.

I think that Morty was just deranged and had some sort of self-persecution thing going on. We will probably see him again in any case.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I would be immensely disappointed if it ever turns out that different episodes take place in different parallel universes. That's an utter cop-out that I can't imagine them doing.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Rick in the DOTA thing posted:

Hey Morty, this guy reminds me of you, you wanna know why? Why? Because there's five of them, and I've had five Mortys. That's canon.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ALFbrot posted:

I would be immensely disappointed if it ever turns out that different episodes take place in different parallel universes. That's an utter cop-out that I can't imagine them doing.

Well anytime they specifically say they're from C-137 we know it's probably or Rick and Morty.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Is c-137 their original timeline or the one they slid into and would other ricks care about the distinction?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Krinkle posted:

Is c-137 their original timeline or the one they slid into and would other ricks care about the distinction?
I'm going to presume it's the new one. And they probably don't as long as they weren't responsible for the other Rick and Morty dying.

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

ElCondemn posted:

Morty doesn't need a dome of Morty's, he needs Morty's to suffer.
He needs their brainwaves to cancel his own.

Remember how Rick said the dome was shoddy craftsmanship and should've only needed 6 Mortys? Yea... that would've been true if they were cancelling a Rick's genius brainwaves.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VnVgtYzKjM

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I legit want to see Rick and Morty have an episode in the dota universe.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I can't believe there's 47 minutes of this, and that I'm going to listen to all of it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

TontoCorazon posted:

I legit want to see Rick and Morty have an episode in the dota universe.

This only in the universe of a franchise about which I give a poo poo.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Applewhite posted:

This only in the universe of a franchise about which I give a poo poo.

I think the 40k universe would be a little tame for Rick and Morty

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

boom boom boom posted:

Even though I don't particularly like the 40k setting, I can absolutely see some Chaos god like Tzeentch or Slaanesh being totally stupefied that Rick is not only unfazed by their cosmic horror-ness, but actually bored at something so mundane.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

boom boom boom posted:

My avatar notwithstanding I'm not actually that big into 40K.

I was thinking something along the lines of Judge Dredd or Dr.Who.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It'd also be kind of funny to see a Rick and Morty/Star vs. The Forces of Evil crossover.

• Locked thread