Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

cheezit posted:

Thanks for the advice! I've been playing as support for the most part trying to learn the levels. I can get to Hans, but that guy is a bitch to kill solo. haha.

I'm Jack Duluoz in the steam group and Cheezit in mumble if anyone wants to play a bit later on.

Even so much as reaching level 1 will be a big help. When level Zero you won't even have scaling class benefits yet. Like Support's shotgun penetration, or the Commando's stated "Ability to see stalkers".

The main two things to remember when eventually jumping from Normal to Hard, that seems to catch people off guard most.

Ammo drops are sprinkled like candy in Normal mode, and they get less common on higher difficulties.

Enemies have lower than default health on normal, even the ones who don't get more health the bigger the team is. The most significant newbie shock being you can no longer kill clot types, stalkers, of gorefasts with a single 9mm headshot. Hard+, they take two 9mm (and medic SMG) headshots. Granted, literally only the 9mm and Medic SMG can't kill them in one headshot. I'm just :spergin: about the 9mm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Revolver Bunker posted:

Sharpshooter will probably have weapons that control their rate of fire. Such as bolt action rifles and crossbows. They hit hard but not often as oppose to Commandos that will hit often and not as hard. I'm very interested in what the Gunslinger will have as far as skills and weapons. Right now in KF2 the medic I feel is the most under appreciated in pubbie games. Most players just assume that if there's a medic around that they can wade into whatever enemies they find and they'll be kept alive. I've been playing almost exclusively medic and more often then not I'll spend the whole map healing everyone up and never getting healed by anyone else.

I'm 100% certain that when Sharp does drop it'll have the LAR/M14/Crossbow/M99 for its first-release tiers, so yeah all those are single-shot/semi-auto, low-capacity guns. Considering that Sharp isn't going to get a perk bonus for pistols its already been slightly nerfed, but since most of the trash goes down in a single headshot with a 9mm below Suicidal it probably won't make a huge difference.

As to medic it's a toss-up. If there's another medic on the team I've got a 50/50 we'll be co-op medic buddies for the team or they'll hope I play the healer and they just go around playing Commando. You'll also get the occasional medic playing Berserker but not to the degree like KF1. Maybe I need to play with more pubbies but people don't usually yell when they die and I'm medic. I don't know if they figure it's their own fault for running separate or someone pissed off a scrake, but I agree when you're medic and no one else is you're hard-pressed to get anyone else to heal you most of the time.

Abandoned Toaster fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Aug 20, 2015

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I really need to be more diligant about getting a Medic PIstol before Hans when playing as anyone but Medic so I can heal Medics up. It's really useful.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
You should have a medic pistol at all times for every class. 1 weight and 200 dosh even off perk? Yes please. It makes a pretty big difference when even half the team does this, so when you get routed out of your camp spot and are all running away you can switch over and dart a couple of dudes to help keep the team alive.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Not to mention it is stronger than the 9mm, so it can actually one shot clots above normal.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I try to pick one up as Support to kill one or two dudes, but I get so caught up in saving cash for the AA-12 that I forget about it until the match is almost done or right before Hans. :v:

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Calling it now: update goes live at Tripwire's Saturday PAX presentation. In the mean time, let's continue our spiral into madness

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Haven't touched this since the first month after launch. Have they added new guns and/or made the skill trees not horrible boring garbage yet?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

The Crooked Warden posted:

Haven't touched this since the first month after launch. Have they added new guns and/or made the skill trees not horrible boring garbage yet?

They're working on a huge patch that's going to add Firebug and Demolitions back along with appropriate weapons for them, re-do both the Berserker and the melee system, modify the Commando's skill trees, and bring in two new maps.

Demo skill tree: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=111268

Firebug skill tree: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=111132

Some Firebug and Demo weapons: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=110445

Re-done Zerk: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=110738

Commando skill tree changes and Firebug's tier 4 weapon in action: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=111394

Melee changes: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=110055

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

The Crooked Warden posted:

Reading the above post, no, they've not changed poo poo yet. Just stick to KF1 I suppose.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

welcome back :unsmith:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Preview for the update is out: http://www.destructoid.com/killing-floor-2-s-incinerate-n-detonate-update-feels-drat-good-307087.phtml

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RottenK posted:

welcome back :unsmith:

thanks friend

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Eonwe posted:

thanks friend

Why do people keep changing your cool av?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Mr E posted:

Why do people keep changing your cool av?

It's a single person who is legitimately insane, actually.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
the Chivalry crossover character comes with an unique berserker weapon, can't wait for the first screams about P2W

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

RottenK posted:

the Chivalry crossover character comes with an unique berserker weapon, can't wait for the first screams about P2W

TW posted:

He comes with his own unique weapon for the Berserker perk, a Zweihander that easily cleaves through Clots. As long as one player has this character, he can share the weapon with anyone on the server. This way the crossover bonuses are purely cosmetic.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

"Ugh, now someone will have to play as him in order for me to use my optmized build. loving P2W."

:twforumssay:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

your point is

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

RottenK posted:

your point is

That people are dumb.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Skoll posted:

He comes with his own unique weapon for the Berserker perk, a Zweihander that easily cleaves through Clots. As long as one player has this character, he can share the weapon with anyone on the server. This way the crossover bonuses are purely cosmetic.

Isn't it obviously not a "purely cosmetic" bonus if no one on the server has the weapon...? Or am I just screaming about P2W. How wrong am I, please help

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Aww, no video of the grenade launchers in action? I love M79s :shobon:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Truecon420 posted:

Isn't it obviously not a "purely cosmetic" bonus if no one on the server has the weapon...? Or am I just screaming about P2W. How wrong am I, please help

I'll have the weapon. Play with me and I'll throw it to you any time you loving want.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Make the Zweihander always available but it's a giant ugly dollar bill if no one has the Chivalry dude :v:

PURELY COSMETIC

Also if you don't have Chivalry and enjoy fun actiony dudesmashing then you're missing out

Magres fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 20, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Capn Beeb posted:

Aww, no video of the grenade launchers in action? I love M79s :shobon:

It'd better make a satisfying bloop noise is all I'm saying

Berserker and Commando just getting nightvision, period, is a really good change for both perks though

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Skoll posted:

I'll have the weapon. Play with me and I'll throw it to you any time you loving want.

That's fair. Thanks

Magres posted:

Make the Zweihander always available but it's a giant ugly dollar bill if no one has the Chivalry dude :v:

PURELY COSMETIC

Also if you don't have Chivalry and enjoy fun actiony dudesmashing then you're missing out

I've only heard good things about it, I'll check it out

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

why do we need a preview for an update to an Early Access game

why are people at Destructoid playing instead of us.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

alg posted:

why do we need a preview for an update to an Early Access game

why are people at Destructoid playing instead of us.

Because people in this thread have thrown actual tantrums about the game taking so long.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Cause the lay person thought it was just another dead steam EA title. They need to drum up awareness to say otherwise.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Oh baby dual pistols!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I haven't played Chivalry in quite a while but I still have this to say about Chiv guy in KF

HE BETTER loving HAVE A PROPER AMOUNT OF CHIV YELLING :argh:

C C C C Ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Destructoid Review posted:

(put your dicks away, I'm not saying it was impossible, tough guys)

Tripwire has chosen wisely.

Also oh my goodness the Tier 1 grenade pistol apparently fires a cluster of explosives. It's like a baby shotgun, that explodes :allears:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Aug 21, 2015

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Section Z posted:

I haven't played Chivalry in quite a while but I still have this to say about Chiv guy in KF

HE BETTER loving HAVE A PROPER AMOUNT OF CHIV YELLING :argh:

C C C C Ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

This. If he has a lot of the original voice acting and is constantly yelling I will never choose another class. Chivalry is one of my favorite games and this is just extra icing on the cake. Also I'm really glad I took a break a couple months ago from this game. I love it, and knew that the updates would take a while. Can't wait to jump back into the fray. AGATHAAAAAAAAA

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Skoll posted:

What's it like being as stupid as the bitcoin guy in the Star Citizen thread? Do you diddle kiddies like he does as well? :aatrek:
Since we don't have an update to talk about... what?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Shumagorath posted:

Since we don't have an update to talk about... what?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3735644&pagenumber=25&perpage=40#post448928152

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Lmao that's some weapons grade turbonerd right there

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
From the sounds of that first perk they'll have to take the grenade out of Support's Supplier?

Truecon420 posted:

I've only heard good things about it, I'll check it out
The community is extremely hostile to new players but on the other hand it goes on sale for pennies very often. I got my money's worth with a single round of javelins.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 21, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Here is an old Chivalry screenshot that both sums up the amount of carnage you can expecet, as well as the average player environment as demonstrated in the chat.

Why yes, the game has a corpse duration slider. Those are all player corpses.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Shumagorath posted:

From the sounds of that first perk they'll have to take the grenade out of Support's Supplier.

I've actually been wondering this for a while since the free grenade per player per round is what really makes this perk an 'always take' for me as it stands. I guess it's balanced by the fact that 50% extra AA12 ammo is also really really good.

Oh my god. Bitcoin pedophile puppetmaster Star Citizen funder ding ding ding turboautist bingo!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Azran posted:

For guns just get the S.T.A.L.K.E.R community into this :v:

I'd love to see what new zeds they have in mind. Something like the Stalkers from Dead Space would own. Think sneaky zombie raptors that hunt in packs while peeking around corners.

I have some ideas for new variants for existing Zed types, I'll have to dig out the text file I had that in...

Magres posted:

PURELY COSMETIC

I have Chivalry but can't play it due to my laptop being a comparative toaster(can't do KF2 either which sucks)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
An RPG but no rotary grenade launcher this time? The single shot launchers are hardly quick.