Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

weekly font posted:

Ill be calling in Vibrations every Listener Request Month until the day I die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0S6b7_Z404

That title reminds me, if I didn't have a terrible stutter, I'd call in the 80s movie, Vibes, with Jeff Goldblum, Cyndi Lauper, and Peter Falk. It is beyond dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

weekly font posted:

What pretentious horse poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyvkNDtW7Lw

Look at that ridiculous get up. Don't his hands get cut off or something stupid like that?

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine

davidHalestorm posted:

Just found out about this movie:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0316465

Really tempted to call it in but from what I've seen, it's probably too slow paced but its Cuba Gooding Junior going full retard.

I've seen this. It's sappy and yes he does go full retard but there's nothing too ridiculous about anything else in it. Not much to work with.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Soup du Jour posted:

I called in East of Eden. I caught it at 3 am on HBO after a party one night a few months ago, and knew instantly it was WHM fodder. Failed attempts at comedy, a BDSM island, and Rosie O'donnell and Dan Akaroyd as bumbling detectives on said BDSM island.

Thats called Exit to Eden.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
East Of Eden is the John Steinbeck novel, which did not have Rosie O' Donnel and Dan Akroyd on a BSDM island.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Yeah, I realized that later after I posted. Pretty sure I said it correctly on the call in...

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I Am Sam is like the quintessential "full retard" movie, I'd rather see them do that than a lame but otherwise inoffensive football movie.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

I just called in the first live-action Scooby Doo movie, mostly because I think the guys would have a field day talking about Freddy Prinze Jr. and Sarah Michelle Gellar getting soul-swapped and how the whole thing is clearly a job for Mulder and Scully, if not an exorcist .

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

weekly font posted:

I've seen that clip a few times before, but I never bothered to look up the movie itself until now.

Nineteen-loving-ninety-six??!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
After watching Lifetime's Taken For Ransom in full I couldn't in good conscience call it in. The movie is just uninteresting paint by numbers boring until the twist at the end. I'm not sure you can get a good episode off "blah blah blah Holy poo poo, are you serious? END". It's a shame, because I would have loved to hear them reacting to the lady thanking her husband for kidnapping and mentally torturing her for months because she just can't get over the death of her son in an acceptable amount of time.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I've seen that clip a few times before, but I never bothered to look up the movie itself until now.

Nineteen-loving-ninety-six??!

I kept misreading that as "nineteen-loving-sixty-six?!?!" and then watched the clip, thinking "wow, this is...incredibly ahead of its time for 66! How did they do that?" Then I looked it up and realised you'd written 1996.
So..wow. Incredible. If this person gets their request taken up on I'll be very happy even if it means they miss out on my request (which they invariably will.)

Also holy poo poo, whoever wrote the Wikipedia page for Vibrations.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

A Meat posted:

I just called in the first live-action Scooby Doo movie, mostly because I think the guys would have a field day talking about Freddy Prinze Jr. and Sarah Michelle Gellar getting soul-swapped and how the whole thing is clearly a job for Mulder and Scully, if not an exorcist .

I genuinely love that movie. It holds up very well - it's similar to the Josie and the Pussycats movie.

But that scene is pretty weird:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf4RjsdJE0I

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I genuinely love that movie. It holds up very well - it's similar to the Josie and the Pussycats movie.

But that scene is pretty weird:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf4RjsdJE0I
I haven't seen it in a while, but I called it in because it's nuts, not because it's bad. I don't want the guys to suffer too much.

There's just a ton of weird and crazy poo poo that's out of place in a Scooby Doo movie. Shaggy does hit it off with a girl whose name is a euphemism for weed though.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
As a kid I got a kick out of the twist on who the bad guy is.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Hallie Haglund episode of Flop House alert.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

GraPar posted:

Hallie Haglund episode of Flop House alert.

Too late for me :( This episode (Left Behind) got really awkward - the guys are generally not good at sensitive topics, and basically found their way into every land mine you might expect when discussing an evangelical movie featuring a "pleasant" Muslim and a literal angry dwarf.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

If anyone's a Max Fun donor, I just realised that a few weeks ago the Flop House put up a new episode into the donor feed where they watch Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

I think I'm going to call in Monkey Bone? I called in last time with the same thing. I feel like with the fake Stephen King cameo, weird prothetic dog dick, and just non-stop barrage of illogical decisions made it would make for an entertaining episode? TBH though I hope Overboard makes it; I have so many memories watching that on TV as a kid and it's such a hosed up premise.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Modern Leper posted:

Too late for me :( This episode (Left Behind) got really awkward - the guys are generally not good at sensitive topics, and basically found their way into every land mine you might expect when discussing an evangelical movie featuring a "pleasant" Muslim and a literal angry dwarf.

Did I miss a prolonged bit where there was some kinda racist rant or whatever

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I lost how fast those brakes slammed when Steve mentioned Grodd.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Crocobile posted:

I think I'm going to call in Monkey Bone? I called in last time with the same thing. I feel like with the fake Stephen King cameo, weird prothetic dog dick, and just non-stop barrage of illogical decisions made it would make for an entertaining episode? TBH though I hope Overboard makes it; I have so many memories watching that on TV as a kid and it's such a hosed up premise.

Oh please do! That movie traumatized me.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Did I miss a prolonged bit where there was some kinda racist rant or whatever

Yes? Not really, but there were three points where someone (usually Dan) started down a joke, realized that it was veering to offensive rather than funny, and tried to pull up. The jokes themselves weren't that funny to start, and the hemming and hawing jackknifed the comedy train.

It just wasn't a very good episode, aside from the fact that I don't get why they keep bringing Halle on the show.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The Modern Leper posted:

It just wasn't a very good episode, aside from the fact that I don't get why they keep bringing Halle on the show.

I like her

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Fezz posted:

What pretentious horse poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyvkNDtW7Lw

Look at that ridiculous get up. Don't his hands get cut off or something stupid like that?

Yes and he becomes homeless and an alcoholic. poo poo techno literally saves his life.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The Stuart recommendation supercut made the clip show worth it.

NewtonFig
Apr 28, 2006

Not Head Brain of the Hobosphere

Drunkboxer posted:

The Stuart recommendation supercut made the clip show worth it.

I didn't know The Invisible Maniac was a real movie until I looked it up.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

NewtonFig posted:

I didn't know The Invisible Maniac was a real movie until I looked it up.

Available in full on youtube.

The death by sandwich scene actually happens too, unlike a certain scene in Castle Freak

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
So I guess it'll be a month before we get another audible episode of How Did This Get Made?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

So I guess it'll be a month before we get another audible episode of How Did This Get Made?

June is the best. That's about all I was able to get out of it.

I think even Paul is starting to realize she's a crazy person.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Irish Joe posted:

It's a bootleg, what can you expect?

SKELETON GHOST
Jan 11, 2015

by Ralp
The Flophouse would be ten times better without Elliot.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

SKELETON GHOST posted:

Counterpoint: Elliot is the only one who gives the show any personality other than "one guy likes Full Moon video movies."

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Based on my limited listening to the Flophouse, Elliot is obnoxious, but those other two guys never seem to say anything funny at all.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

SKELETON GHOST posted:

I honestly don't know why you'd bother listening if you don't like Elliot.

It'd be like watching House if you can't stand Gregory House.

Crisco Kid
Jan 14, 2008

Where does the wind come from that blows upon your face, that fans the pages of your book?
I enjoy his bizarre tangents; I also appreciate how the Flopcast is pretty much constantly delighted, even when they hate a movie, which is a nice counterpoint to We Hate Movies' frequent righteous fury, or the bafflement of HDTGM. I like the tonal differences even when the shows cover the same film.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Very excited, HDTGM is doing the film I've wanted them to do the most ever since I started listening to the podcast: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114658/

Also, I hope they never do live shows in New York again. The crowds seem to be really insufferable there lately and shout out things frequently and then episode devolves into Jason just having nothing but contempt for everyone in the crowd. The LA shows always make for a good time.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I miss the movie clips from WHM.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Tato posted:

Also, I hope they never do live shows in New York again. The crowds seem to be really insufferable there lately and shout out things frequently and then episode devolves into Jason just having nothing but contempt for everyone in the crowd. The LA shows always make for a good time.

:sigh: People from the west coast just don't understand New York.

NewtonFig
Apr 28, 2006

Not Head Brain of the Hobosphere

Do you suppose Paul Sheer ever thought "since this latest episode sounds like it was recorded from the inside of a toilet, maybe I shouldn't include twenty minutes of disruptive commercials?"

NewtonFig fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

HDTGM has disappointing audio quality in general. There's dozens of podcasts run by people with no budget that sound better. It's pretty unprofessional to offer such crappy sound when you're routinely in the top pocast charts, run advertisements etc. I wonder how the sponsors feel about these episodes. Good on them for trying to salvage both episodes, but it's unfortunately just not listenable to me.

NewtonFig posted:

Do you suppose Paul Sheer ever thought "since this latest episode sounds like it was recorded from the inside of a toilet, maybe I shouldn't include twenty minutes of disruptive commercials?"

"Perhaps I should consider spending a few hundred dollars on a reasonable quality audio setup for the podcast which helps support my family".