Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

does this just mean you hate him?

Yeah but it feels weird to say I hate him when I don't even know him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

why do you hate him though he's rad

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

why do you hate him though he's rad

Thhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud is the sound his footballs make as they bounce off receivers' fingers

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

TMMadman posted:

Name your favorite late 80s/early 90s rap song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoJ37xCi3KQ

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I keep seeing these dumb ads for Stephen Colbert's show but I'm actually really excited about it. I watch a weird amount of late night TV, and even record some of it so having him back will be nice.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Thhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud is the sound his footballs make as they bounce off receivers' fingers

Kaep deserves better than his lot

look at this :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yh2vpBchfw

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

TMMadman posted:

Mine is 'Humpty Dance' by Digital Underground. When I was in high school it was the only song I could remember the lyrics to without the music playing.

Ghetto Bird or Shimmy Shimmy Ya

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

BottleKnight posted:

I keep seeing these dumb ads for Stephen Colbert's show but I'm actually really excited about it. I watch a weird amount of late night TV, and even record some of it so having him back will be nice.

That thing he did where he took over a local access show made my dude weep laughing because he lived in Monroe for 20 years and recognized everything they talked about and one of his high school buddies actually did the voiceover in the little ads they ran

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Look Under The Rock posted:

That thing he did where he took over a local access show made my dude weep laughing because he lived in Monroe for 20 years and recognized everything they talked about and one of his high school buddies actually did the voiceover in the little ads they ran

That's awesome! My dad even watched that thing, it was so hammy and cool.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Mine is 'Humpty Dance' by Digital Underground. When I was in high school it was the only song I could remember the lyrics to without the music playing.

T.R.O.Y. is the best rap song ever but other than that this one is a favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Oo2XO_ub18

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

TMMadman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Bust A Move, by far.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

BottleKnight posted:

Colbert is actually a really great person irl. Did you read the recent GQ interview? it's marvelous.

e: http://www.gq.com/story/stephen-colbert-gq-cover-story

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Mar 27, 2020

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I saw the excerpt about women and remember really liking it but I'll try to read this today.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Mar 27, 2020

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQllLl96nPA

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I watch local news, Larry Wilmore, switch between Fallon, Kimmel and Letterman (formerly) depending on guests and then watch Conan. Sometimes Seth Meyers for the monologue.

I love Conan and always have so I record his show and will watch it the next day if i don't catch the rerun.

I'll probably stop watching Larry Wilmore (or just record it if I'm interested) once Colbert is on.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

BottleKnight posted:

I love Conan and always have so I record his show and will watch it the next day if i don't catch the rerun.
Were you a fan during the Writer's Strike of 2008? Late night television got very weird for a few months and it was just wonderful.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

TMMadman posted:

It was probably Welcome to the Terrordome before I got clued in on the Professor Griff business going on there.

Gratitude is massively underrated, but I'm a sucker for greasy organs and fuzz bass.

I dunno. I'll ponder on this a while.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

Were you a fan during the Writer's Strike of 2008? Late night television got very weird for a few months and it was just wonderful.

Not to make this weird but I was in the 8th grade during that strike and was probably laying in bed watching Nick At Night (I have seen every episode of Roseanne, Full House and the Cosby Show, subsequently) instead of late night.

e: I suppose I shouldn't have said I "always have" loved Conan, but pretty much just since high school when I first really watched any of those shows.

George Kansas fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Aug 21, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

BottleKnight posted:

Not to make this weird but I was in the 8th grade during that strike
BABY.

here are highlight

http://old.noob.us/humor/conan-highlights-from-the-writers-strike/

e: here was the first time they introduced producer Jordan Schlansky to the world

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/fc378786ad/conan-obrien-with-jordan-schlansky-from-conanfan

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Aug 21, 2015

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

lmao wtf

The ziplining into John Wilkes Booth and the forklift desk were the best bits, but as Conan would say, just so stupid.

the comedy central asskicking was pretty good too. Everyone has to band together against those commie writers :911:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

Colbert is actually a really great person irl. Did you read the recent GQ interview? it's marvelous.

e: http://www.gq.com/story/stephen-colbert-gq-cover-story

Thanks for sharing that interview. I hadn't read it and while I already knew how amazing a person Colbert is, I certainly didn't know the half of it until I just finished this. What a lovely man he is.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

My Fav was the first bit where he was loving with the Rock Banders with his Strat.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
It was magically insane. He teamed up against Stewart and Colbert because each of them was taking credit for bringing up Huckabee's 2008 primary poll numbers, so they visited each other's shows spreading the "feud."

The best though, Conan would do a thing where he'd spin his wedding ring on his desk and time how long it'd last. Every episode a new spin. Eventually he got an MIT physicist to help break his personal record, which the highlight showed.

It was so bizarre and so strange but so amazing.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

The best though, Conan would do a thing where he'd spin his wedding ring on his desk and time how long it'd last. Every episode a new spin. Eventually he got an MIT physicist to help break his personal record, which the highlight showed.

bahahaha I was wondering what the gently caress that was.

51 SECONDS!!!!!!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

My manager doesn't know how to loving listen to an explanation.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Amoeba102 posted:

My manager doesn't know how to loving listen to an explanation.

Have you ever known a manager who does?

Also, you probably could have just stopped after the word listen.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

TMMadman posted:

Have you ever known a manager who does?

Also, you probably could have just stopped after the word listen.

I've had more good managers than bad.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
my current boss owns. amoeba were you trying to explain that you were late to work because your bus decided to go to Circular Quay instead of the QVB? mine just laughed at me a lot.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm never late to work. My boss was like "something is wrong, these things don't match. Which is correct This or that?" And I'm going, "This is correct, because that has some bad references in the excel sheet (which you originally made"

Seriously, if you're doing subsequent calculations, in every cell. so that when when change one step of the calculation you have to change every subsequent cell because you just didn't reference the variables you need.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

BottleKnight posted:

Bust A Move, by far.

This is a fact.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

fiery_valkyrie posted:

This is a fact.

Brian Williams is pretty much done forever but I still love this video

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

I got the part

And that movie was creepy

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

EccoRaven posted:

already established paris/rory non-canon OTP.

I love gilmore girls but i don't know what this means

Yay LUTR! What show?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

:D

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

BottleKnight posted:

Brian Williams is pretty much done forever but I still love this video

This still makes me sad, because I liked Brian Williams a lot. Reminders again that you shouldn't outright lie about poo poo especially if you are heavily in the public eye.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

I got the part

And that movie was creepy

CONGRATS

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy