Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Carecat posted:

An RPG but no rotary grenade launcher this time? The single shot launchers are hardly quick.

Personally I'd have preferred one of the lower tier weapons to have been the Seeker 6 Rocket Launcher, cause that's a fun weapon for trash removing purposes, hopefully we'll get a KF2 version some day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Carecat posted:

An RPG but no rotary grenade launcher this time? The single shot launchers are hardly quick.

While I see where you are coming from, I suspect that is the entire point. The article even talked about the T3 launcher just having duds instead of explosions if it hits something too close (Though I expect that is as much to keep you from instantly murdering yourself if a clot gets in your face while you are pulling the trigger).

Not that I could ever say no to a rotary grenade launcher.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Keep in mind there's no way that the game will stay at four weapons per perk. The MGL will probably get added in a patch several months down the line.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
cant wait for someone to gift this to me..

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I AM BRAWW posted:

cant wait for someone to gift this to me..

I would, except for this:

1 VAC ban(s) on record. Filthy scum. :q:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Stanley Pain posted:

I would, except for this:

1 VAC ban(s) on record. Filthy scum. :q:
why do you think he can't afford to buy a 30 buck game, those hax don't come cheap

he needs them to combat those evil other hackers

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Carecat posted:

Also remember, the RPG does have a functional backblast. if you want to use that as a short range, really expensive shotgun. Just turn away from the clots approaching you. :v:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
braww is cool and good actually

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

braww is cool and good actually

While that he may be, with 400 games in his library he shouldn't be begging others for KF2.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Lol if you actually play anything in your steam library

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I sincerely hope TWI learned a valuable lesson about content delivery times through this, though. How long has it been since the last content update, actually? A month or two?

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I sincerely hope TWI learned a valuable lesson about content delivery times through this, though. How long has it been since the last content update, actually? A month or two?

Looks like Manor dropped on May 27th. It's been almost three months.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm glad of it

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
https://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/801992397158308457

quote:

And that isn’t all, anybody who owns Chivalry will also make the Zweihander (a new Berserker tier 3) available for everybody in the server that they are playing on! Yes, important point here - if one player on the server owns the Zweihander, then everyone on the server gets to play with it. What does this mean for you, the player? If one player on your team (random person, good friend, clanmate, etc.) everybody in the server will have access to the Zweihander to use and purchase from the trader pod. If nobody in the server owns that content, it will not show up in the trader pod.

Look for more on players “sharing” equipment as time goes on!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Honestly, that's a nice compromise on the whole "buy DLC weapons" thingie that will inevitably come down the line.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
In KF 1 if you had the weapon pack and a friend didnt, you could throw it to your friend and they could use it. This is just a further compromise, I think.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
They have always been reasonable about kf dlc

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
So they could theoretically add in stronger DLC weapons, but like in a team of 6, only one guy would have to have it to basically buy it for everyone else? This seems like a fantastic way to get autists mad about optimal builds, and as an ingenious way to sell content.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I can't wait to see games where turbonerds will kick you if you aren't able to let them have a Zweihander for free

It will happen, mark my words

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
They should probably not take their zombie killing simulator with Christian metal blaring in the background so seriously

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

FaustianQ posted:

So they could theoretically add in stronger DLC weapons, but like in a team of 6, only one guy would have to have it to basically buy it for everyone else? This seems like a fantastic way to get autists mad about optimal builds, and as an ingenious way to sell content.

Historically, none of the DLC weapons have been better, just different.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
After a successful parry the riposte with a zwei is the Dark Souls overhead smash. Make my dreams come true TW!

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I wish we had to wait a month or two between your posts.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DeusExMachinima posted:

I wish we had to wait a month or two between your posts.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lol

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Takes No Damage posted:

After a successful parry the riposte with a zwei is the Dark Souls overhead smash. Make my dreams come true TW!

Give me a way to do the Dark Souls two-handed leap attack, complete with smashing dudes to the ground. The DS1 Zweihander, in particular, was the most satisfying thing to use.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Skoll posted:

Historically, none of the DLC weapons have been better, just different.

I dunno, the Trenchgun and Flaregun might argue against that.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kris xK posted:

I dunno, the Trenchgun and Flaregun might argue against that.

The Flaregun was fun as hell but I wouldnt outright say it was better than the Mac-10.

Dragons Breath was pretty legit though, ill give you that.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

ClonedPickle posted:

Looks like Manor dropped on May 27th. It's been almost three months.

gently caress they havent added anything since then?

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing

Skoll posted:

The Flaregun was fun as hell but I wouldnt outright say it was better than the Mac-10.

Dragons Breath was pretty legit though, ill give you that.

The Flaregun was borderline op. Spamming dual flares into a scrakes head held up pretty well even on HoE and it's pretty much the go-to offclass weapon. Trenchgun's lack of shot penetration was just depressing though.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

immortal flow posted:

The Flaregun was borderline op. Spamming dual flares into a scrakes head held up pretty well even on HoE and it's pretty much the go-to offclass weapon. Trenchgun's lack of shot penetration was just depressing though.

How do you define.. OP.. in a cooperative game? Are you one of those people that complained about the SS sniper rifle too?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

blablablabla posted:

gently caress they havent added anything since then?

Nope. Thus why some of us are inclined to be critical.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Skoll posted:

How do you define.. OP.. in a cooperative game?

It's actually really easy: if it's a weapon that is significantly better than any other option at the same level/cost, or is more powerful than it should be for its cost, or in any way invalidates the other options in the game (with respect to level/cost/etc. taken into account, obviously), it's OP. Balance doesn't magically stop existing because the game is co-op. :shrug:

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Skoll posted:

How do you define.. OP.. in a cooperative game? Are you one of those people that complained about the SS sniper rifle too?

It kinda works the other way, if you're not using the OP crap its the spergs that'll bitch you out when something goes wrong. Yup even in a cooperative game :v:.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thats when i just poo poo up chat about how much they care about video games

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Eonwe posted:

thats when i just poo poo up chat about how much they care about video games

Yeah but it's more fun when stuff is pretty evenly balanced and you can play what you want with random people with a reasonable chance of not having turbonerds yell at you for not ~playing the meta~

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yea i agree but i do think nerds getting mad about DLC that they'll get only if they buy it for someone on the server joins is funny and good and i hope that happens so i can make fun of them

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
that's fair

i hope there's a lot of it and a lot of mad nerds crying about it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
good

we will do this thing together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
we can do it FOR AGATHAAAAAAAA

i really really hope the knight shouts goofy chivalry lines, it's so fun to spam them