Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
They can't destroy your invis so as long as they're dog handler tier poo poo I'm find with it :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
As crazy cat lady characters, none of the other Grineer believe them, except for Drahk Masters.

As the only posters on SomethingSkoomful's Pet Asteroid, they get each other.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Nalesh posted:

Welcome to why New Loka is best Loka.

Holy gently caress this is gorgeous.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
My theory for the new frame is that its based on the headless horseman. The warframe will have no head and instead have some sort of effect as replacement and further feeds into my theory that warframes are actually headless super infested void mutants contolled by Tenno space ghosts.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

phourniner posted:

In order to get the Primed Point Blank, I need to be MR 8, apparently, because they put him on bumfuck Pluto and the relay is MR-gated for some dumb rear end reason?

I'm MR 6, with 16,905 points left until I reach 7. How long would it take me to grind out to 8? :smithicide: Any optimal places to grind MR?

I'm in the same boat, just hit MR 7 with about 36k to go to 8 and nothing but my Gorgon Wraith actually able to get leveled. Got a melee and a secondary cooking but that won't be enough even when they come out of the foundry. That's on top of being super busy this weekend.

It's not... it's not like I wanted Primed Point Blank for my Hek anyway. :smith:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

phourniner posted:

In order to get the Primed Point Blank, I need to be MR 8, apparently, because they put him on bumfuck Pluto and the relay is MR-gated for some dumb rear end reason?

I'm MR 6, with 16,905 points left until I reach 7. How long would it take me to grind out to 8? :smithicide: Any optimal places to grind MR?

Bussamove posted:

I'm in the same boat, just hit MR 7 with about 36k to go to 8 and nothing but my Gorgon Wraith actually able to get leveled. Got a melee and a secondary cooking but that won't be enough even when they come out of the foundry. That's on top of being super busy this weekend.

It's not... it's not like I wanted Primed Point Blank for my Hek anyway. :smith:

Freshly rank 6, nothing cooking, slots full of stuff I don't want to part with. :smith::hf::smith:

I wonder if DE even remember that they've gated this poo poo? Every design decision makes it clear that they don't care about players who haven't been with the game for years, or maybe don't even realise that they exist. No I'm totally not just bitter that the prime version of my favourite frame is founder exclusive when I totally would have been playing since then if only I had actually heard of the game.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Nalesh posted:

As both the self declared president of the Tigris fan club and someone who purchased Primed Point Blank earlier today I approve wholeheartedly. Of course now I need to farm mats to build formas even harder than before, which is literally all I've been doing for the last week or so. An occasional Neurode drop would be really nice :argh:

Panic Attack
Oct 29, 2012

Float like a bulldozer
Trying to catch a butterfly
Decided to reinstall Warframe the other day. That may have been a mistake, because i've lost all concept of time and I think my eyes are bleeding. Turns out I had a ton of stuff ready to cook or close to it, too, so i've got a lot of stuff to mess around with. And man, Archwings! Good stuff 5 minutes till my giant space-hammer is finished. I stopped playing just before Hydroid came out - out of the new frames since then, are any of them outright grand? Mesa looked interesting - Valk's my mainstay, and Mesa's ult seems like a ranged alternative (though without the invincibility, I assume) to Hysteria.

Edit: Good lord, I wasn't expecting the Rathbone to be anywhere near as fast as it is. Even unranked it already seems better than the default Veritux. Very pleased! Hope the dual Decurions i'm cooking are as good.

Panic Attack fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Aug 22, 2015

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I really wish they'd drop the reqs to like MR4 or 5. 8 makes no loving sense.

Panic Attack posted:

Edit: Good lord, I wasn't expecting the Rathbone to be anywhere near as fast as it is. Even unranked it already seems better than the default Veritux. Very pleased! Hope the dual Decurions i'm cooking are as good.

Your default Archgun is the best archgun. The only one that's better is the Vandal version or (others argue) the Velocitus.
For the -okay- Archguns check out the grattler and the Fluctus.

I hate to break it to you, but Dual Dekurions are not good. Sorry man :(

Be sure to check out the Itzal Archwing though!

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
I'm honestly confused why relays have a MR requirement. Also why the trader shows up at only one.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Nalesh posted:

Apparently Perrin Sequence is getting a Dera and Red Veil is getting a Cernos.

A Vaykor Grinlock or Vulkar is probably out since there's already syndicate mods for them. Hopefully it's not another loving Grakata/Gorgon.

I have a feeling that Hexis will probably get a Sybaris or Tiburon, since Loka is getting the Tigris. No idea for Suda, a flux rifle?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
My wild guesses are:

Steel Meridian: Vaykor Ogris

Arbiters of Hexis: Telos Tiberon

Cephalon Suda: Synoid Simulor or something new entirely.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Nalesh posted:

Man, I really wish I wasn't completely hated by the Loka. I have just begun to learn the love that is the Tigris and then they drop this on me.

Oh well, suppose I should be glad I can trade in the guild for it.

Panic Attack
Oct 29, 2012

Float like a bulldozer
Trying to catch a butterfly

SSNeoman posted:

I really wish they'd drop the reqs to like MR4 or 5. 8 makes no loving sense.

Your default Archgun is the best archgun. The only one that's better is the Vandal version or (others argue) the Velocitus.
For the -okay- Archguns check out the grattler and the Fluctus.

I hate to break it to you, but Dual Dekurions are not good. Sorry man :(

Be sure to check out the Itzal Archwing though!

Well, i'll have to see for myself I guess. Disappointing if true, bearing in mind one of the barrels took, like... 40 bloody trench runs to drop. Ended up making 200k credits from all the duplicate parts I got. Still, I also have all the parts for a Velocitus. Just waiting to get back into the Dojo, was evidently purged a while back. I wonder how our decorations are doing...

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Nalesh posted:

Goons do like some tacky stuff, huh? The regular-edition Tigris was already pretty blinged-out (especially if you make the trim gold or brass :heysexy:), but this design is just busy.

Still interested because of the precedent of Syndicate weapons that already had good damage getting substantial usability improvements instead, such as the Vaykor Marelok getting a huge mag size upgrade. If this thing has a big boost to reload speed it might be worth putting another five forma in, despite DE re-loving the Tigris trigger.

We can always hope for a Day of the Dead skin in this year's pack to salvage its looks.

Cathair fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 22, 2015

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Panic Attack posted:

Well, i'll have to see for myself I guess. Disappointing if true, bearing in mind one of the barrels took, like... 40 bloody trench runs to drop. Ended up making 200k credits from all the duplicate parts I got.

Believe me, I know how you feel. :(:hf::(

The good news is that all archmelee is pretty good. The Centaur is the best thanks to its crit chance, but you can't go wrong with any of them.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

That gun is sexy as gently caress and I want to murder mans with it.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Oh Jesus Valkyrs arms have bolts driven through it :gonk:

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Solus posted:

Yeah, legs too! It's pretty metal, I dig it.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

C.M. Kruger posted:

Apparently Perrin Sequence is getting a Dera

They're getting a Penta Quanta

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I will not align with the right three syndicates, no matter how shiny their toys. I have conviction, dammit.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Solus posted:

Pun intended?

Cryophage posted:

They're getting a Penta Quanta

Well that actually sounds cool. The Dera is like the most brownie batter boring rifle in the game.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I will not align with the right three syndicates, no matter how shiny their toys. I have conviction, dammit.

We'll see how long that "conviction" lasts when you get to choose from a Vaykor Hind, Telos Panthera, and a Synoid Simulor. :unsmigghh:

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Holy poo poo if they do Syndicate Penta. That'd be loving awesome. There will be no weapon choice.

As for Steel Meridian? I'll bet on Vaykor Kohm. They like shotguns, and that one isn't taken yet. Didn't Kohm get passed over in the recent shotgun buffs too? That'd make it a prime candidate for having some buffed up Syndicate version.

One could hope for Vaykor Tonkor though, but I doubt it.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

BeAuMaN posted:

As for Steel Meridian? I'll bet on Vaykor Kohm.

Watch it be a Vaykor Gorgon.

Because we don't have enough of those yet.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
id buy a vaykor anything

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
health restore is good as gently caress

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I want a Vaykor Ogris because I want the Ogris to be relevant again. :smith:

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

speaking of Gorgon... so I'm looking at stats... is Gorgon Wraith worth potatoing, or only the Prisma? As far as I can tell it has higher status chance and 2 points of damage, along with faster spool up... so do people spec Gorgon Wraith for stat spam?

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Coldbird posted:

- Some loving amazing concept art for alternate frame skins was previewed - these were stuff from players in the community with history of good art, that DE contracted to create new skins. New skinsg meshes for Rhino, Saryn, and Trinity were shown. I'll post shots later if nobody else has
So here's these. Again, no ETA was given, only that DE apparently paid certain fan artists to create them, and ran them on their stream, so they will presumably at some point do them.

Temple Guardian Rhino:

Orchid Saryn:

Unnamed (Nautilus?) Trinity:

Also - this is in-house, not a fan thing - original Valkyr, complete with ball gag:

I'm thinking it makes the most business sense to roll out these new skins along with a frame overhaul, likely the reason behind the Prisma Excal skin - so probably we'll see Valkyr next and then Orchid along with Saryn's overhaul. Also -

Alternate Liset 1:

Alternate Liset 2:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I am all over those skins, I love them. The new Liset design looks neat, too. Reminds me of Zone of the Enders. I see they're keeping up with that whole "Alad V literally skinned Valkyr to dress his Zanuka with", though :gonk:

Denzine posted:

We'll see how long that "conviction" lasts when you get to choose from a Vaykor Hind, Telos Panthera, and a Synoid Simulor. :unsmigghh:

It won't have to, I can just bribe clanmates with plat to buy the right-three Synd Primaries with standing and trade them to me :v:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Temple Guardian Rhino. :aaa:

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Apart from the lack of feet, I really like that Trinity skin.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Neo_Crimson posted:

Temple Guardian Rhino. :aaa:

It's 'cause the armor actually looks like armor and not WoW-inspired protruding gubbins glued to any available surface.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
I'd be more excited for Temple Guardian Rhino if you'd ever see half the detailing under Iron Skin. :(

Trinity looks cool as loving hell though, what a great redesign that stays true to the original silhouette of the frame! I'd play Trinity a lot more if/when this comes out. Edit: I dig the lack of feet, super anime though it may be. It'll look cool if you use it with Archwing!

I'm trying to reserve judgement on the Valkyr skin because it looks like just a low-detail preview, but I'm not too keen on it. Except for the helmet it's a very generic female sci-fi skinsuit, needs a hell of a lot more greebles before it even comes to par with the original skin, much less exceeds it.

Are those some sort of attachments, or total remeshes for the Liset? :eyepop: In both Corpus- and Grineer-themed varieties, even. Can't decide which I like more, I'd gladly use either.

Cathair fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Aug 22, 2015

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
I like the skins too, just keep in mind that this entire stream was basically just them showing concept art and a few models, no gameplay footage or testing, not much in the way of 'we are changing x to do y' stuff.

I'm guessing they're still deep into U18 work and don't have much to show that we don't already know about, so Steve went crazy and raided the art team's drawing board file to fill the hour. A good chunk of this stuff likely won't see the actual game until 2016.

Also - concept of the new Brawler frame (as yet unnamed):

This is the picture they followed up those new skin concepts with.

:downs:

They did mention that the actual model they're working with internally is 'more buff'. It was asked in chat why he's wearing bacon. I would respond; you don't?

Cathair posted:

How long does it usually take between updates again? I forget.
About 4 months...ish? We left closed beta at I think 8, we're on 17 now and it's been two and a half years.

Coldbird fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Aug 22, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Coldbird posted:

Also - concept of the new Brawler frame (as yet unnamed):

This fuckers release better coincide with them finally giving us another goddamn Fist&Foot melee weapon to add to Obex/Kogake, because I'm getting some serious Kung-Fu Frame vibes from this.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Oh i hope they keep those legs like that on that Trinity that is so super excellent marvelous

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Kinda reminds me of a Sentient, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Cathair posted:

Are those some sort of attachments, or total remeshes for the Liset? :eyepop: In both Corpus- and Grineer-themed varieties, even. Can't decide which I like more, I'd gladly use either.
Steve dropped those at the end of the stream with little further information given. It sounded like you will be able to entirely replace the Liset at some point - but again, this is drawing board stuff, I didn't get the impression a single line of code has been written for this and it's probably gotten no further than the art room.

He also mentioned them getting once-per-mission use effects such as airstrikes, which I'm hoping aren't tied to the cosmetics of the new ship options, forcing everyone to use the ship that inevitably gets the only good ability.

Given what Mat was saying earlier in the stream, about wanting to overhaul the lower section of the Liset and offer more customization than just colors and noggles, my guess is that they'll combine the two ideas and barely touch the old Liset, just update it to include whatever new appliances they need it to have, and then spend the art team's time on the interiors for the new ships - so those can be the ones where you can custom-color a PBR Orokin reclining chair for your Excal to watch anime in.