Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I think I just gave that free T6 thing to my old farming account.

Oh well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

This is a good time to ask for permission on Wesley Guide, isn't it? Account on there is the same as the forums name, John Dyne.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
It's not that easy anymore. You also need to beat Grimrak at Bloodbowl.

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back
So I was sent the free t6 andromeda cruiser email with the offer to upgrade my highest level captain to 60. Prob is in my case my highest level captain is a romklank. Will they allow me to upgrade my highest level fed or would I end up with an unusable ship on my klank?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Morglon posted:

gently caress. I hope he doesn't play Lizardmen. I can handle anything but a team of skinks.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

John Dyne posted:

gently caress. I hope he doesn't play Lizardmen. I can handle anything but a team of skinks.

So I know this will work for gorn, but what about the reptilian jerks on the fed side?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

John Dyne posted:

They're no problem, you just have to use the right strategy. One in the pink, three in the skink.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

John Dyne posted:

Just play a dwarf team, he loves those.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
Lol. Because the DPS record chasers needed another trait to boost their damage output.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

The email says that the code gives you enough XP to set your highest level character to 60. If I deleted my highest level character (an engineer) before using the code, would it boost the highest current level character?

Sleepy District
Jun 20, 2008
You redeem a box with the XP in it from the zen store, so you can use it on any character really but they do need to be level 50 in the first place.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

You just have to claim the box full of XP from the Promotions tab of the store, you can claim it on any 50+ character. "Your highest level character" has nothing to do with it.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

CrushedWill posted:

So I was sent the free t6 andromeda cruiser email with the offer to upgrade my highest level captain to 60. Prob is in my case my highest level captain is a romklank. Will they allow me to upgrade my highest level fed or would I end up with an unusable ship on my klank?

When I checked it out on my Fed, there were two parts to the promotion that I could claim from the c-store. One of them was the booster that raises your character from 50 to 60. The other one was a ship, which only seemed to be visible on my Fed and not on any of my Klanks. I'm not sure if you can claim those two on different characters.

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012
You can claim them on different characters. Unlocking the ship from the promo tab just unlocks the actual c-store ship. The exp box contains enough exp to take a fresh pre-DR 50 character to level 60, at level 60 this adds up to about 7 spec points and change.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1202201/drozana-station-never-ending-party#latest

Looks like people have finally started to notice!

quote:

Just wondering how long are the never ending subspace party amplifiers are going to be on the station? For those of us that are video challanged, have low band width ISP's or epelepsy it has become a nuicense. I won't mention the names of the members or their fleets that put them there but I will say they are well known for this.

Edit: I like how the catch-all graphical complaint as of late has been regarding effects and epilepsy.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

DonDoodles posted:

Edit: I like how the catch-all graphical complaint as of late has been regarding effects and epilepsy.

90% of STO players have photosensitive epilepsy. It's a known fact. There is no other kind.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Sucks that the one I actually want will almost certainly be in a doff pack or something. I might log in otherwise.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

John Dyne posted:

This is a good time to ask for permission on Wesley Guide, isn't it? Account on there is the same as the forums name, John Dyne.

You're in.

Morglon posted:

Hey man, just because you're bad at Bloodbowl doesn't mean everyone else is. :smug:

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

I'll take some wiki access. Username is gibbed.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

gibbed posted:

I'll take some wiki access. Username is gibbed.

You're in.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Droz is looking so much better today:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Aleth posted:

Droz is looking so much better today:

Reported for epilepsy.

atomicbee
Aug 22, 2015
Guys, you made this game more beautiful.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Preechr posted:

Quark's needs new lighting.
Done

All the roleplayers evacuated a few moments before I took the screenshots. I couldn't find them in the other zones, so I guess they just left ds9.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1201183/subspace-party-amplifier-stuck-on-vlugta-mine/p2 angarus1 posted:

When I checked (as in, logged in and immediately seeing it, forcing me to log off again), Quark's #1 had multiple right in the center of the room.

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Aug 22, 2015

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

fakemirage posted:

All the roleplayers evacuated a few moments before I took the screenshots. I couldn't find them in the other zones, so I guess they just left ds9.

Little known fact, roleplayers are vampires and cannot endure the light.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
My internet went out the other day cause something got hosed with the cables leading out of my house, but I've never wanted to be on that stupid game more than now, or not since the Nimoy celebration.

Edit: hahahaha some pubbie is blaming the disco balls for loving up his fps while on k7 for some reason.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Aug 22, 2015

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1202201/drozana-station-never-ending-party posted:

Well it looks like the Chancellor's Hall and the center area by Worf on Qo'noS are now the 'beneficiaries' of this 'suicide pact' as well.

And let's not forget...

Risa

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1201183/subspace-party-amplifier-stuck-on-vlugta-mine posted:

Btw, Borticus, there's a ton of these allover Risa instance 1. Like 6 of them stuck right at the beam-in point. It's blinding and caused a few fleet-mates to crash.

ESD (instance 7)

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 22, 2015

atomicbee
Aug 22, 2015
Nevermind. Big mistake.

atomicbee fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Aug 23, 2015

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

atomicbee posted:

Hello, I try to join you. Can anyone add me to the fleet or give me the procedure to follow, please ?

:frogout:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

atomicbee posted:

Hello, I try to join you. Can anyone add me to the fleet or give me the procedure to follow, please ?

You'll be added to Dental Academy first. Someone'll be along shortly to tell you what to do.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The Five Lights of Dukat

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

atomicbee posted:

you'll make a fine addition to something im not a part of

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
The never ending party continues.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1201183/subspace-party-amplifier-stuck-on-vlugta-mine chipg7 posted:

Borticus, ever since you posted to Twitter, the party balls are going up in many major social maps. The lag problems were getting way better with the latest hardware upgrades and optimization patches, but now a handful social maps are becomming near-unplayable.

Trolls gonna troll, but at least the trolls themselves can be blamed for lagging the game.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1201183/subspace-party-amplifier-stuck-on-vlugta-mine allyoftheforce posted:

borticuscryptic posted:

We'll get it fixed. What a funny bug.
I don't find it funny at all. Now that you posted it they're showing up all over the game and you find this funny? Disco balls need to be changed that you can't have more than one on a map at any given time. Or fix the nullifier to the point that people who have them can't see disco balls at all.

K-7 (Since that one guy was saying he felt the disco lag from here)

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1202201/drozana-station-never-ending-party sennahcherib posted:

if they keep their **** at drozana, np, but they use also the disco balls on k7. i'm really sad for these players, the only way for having fun for them in this game, is to annoy the others. disco balls are funny but sometimes and in particular situations, used too often, they are just boring and ridiculous.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1201183/subspace-party-amplifier-stuck-on-vlugta-mine/p2 xraiderv1 posted:

its on space station k7 instance one now....two of em, one in the central area, another in the shipyard.
Ganalda

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1202201/drozana-station-never-ending-party/p2 nyx219 posted:

There's multiple ones on Ganalda, too. My KDF alts are not amused & will be acquiring nullifiers soon. I'm not amused with the FPS drop thanks to them, either. When the bugs drag down performance, it's an issue.

Why these stupid eyesores can't be limited to activation only on Risa, in clubs & on the dance floors of fleet bases is beyond me, they serve zero purpose in the game outside those areas. In the meantime, nullifiers FTW.
New Romulus Command (#1)

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1201183/subspace-party-amplifier-stuck-on-vlugta-mine/p2 monkeybone13 posted:

New Romulas Command also.

Some **** are going out of their way to exploit this and annoy as many people as possible. Please fix it ASAP.

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Aug 23, 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
All those will persist for five more days, unless they do an emergency maintenance literally just because of disco balls.

And not just disco balls exactly, but just because borticus wanted to make a joke about dental on Twitter.

And it really was a good joke.

Borticus

:allears:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

MikeJF posted:

You'll be added to Dental Academy first. Someone'll be along shortly to tell you what to do.

Yeah I got this, will continue the proceedings soon.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
I have revised my opinion on Borticus. He means well.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Preechr posted:

I think he's trying to make amends for the cover shields at risa.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Will neverending disco work on fleet holdings or do the maps reset when no one's there? Xtern1ty could use some disco.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Unguided posted:

Will neverending disco work on fleet holdings or do the maps reset when no one's there? Xtern1ty could use some disco.
Resets, unfortunately. Same as any other map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Preechr posted:

I kinda feel bad for making GBS threads up his twitter.

• Locked thread