Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011

The Fattest PI posted:

Sounds pretty stupid! Is this like DnD or larping or whatever for sports nerds?

It's more like EVE Online for sports nerds, because they both consist of looking at spreadsheets on a computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Whats wrong with Tim Tebow?

Also I looked into a draft simulator and I found a guy named Nick Toon. That's my first round pick.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't really understand how he's ruining the drafts but the reactions are pretty funny.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Machai posted:

Whats wrong with Tim Tebow?

he's the third string quarterback behind a guy who's barely played for the last three years because his knees are made of paper mache and a guy who's most well known for diving headfirst into his offensive lineman's rear end and fumbling the ball away to the other team

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I thought Tim Tebow was great cause his name is one of like 3 I know in the entire world.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
i prefer fantasy blood bowl

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Snapchat A Titty posted:

I thought Tim Tebow was great cause his name is one of like 3 I know in the entire world.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Tebow, much like all of us, had his best days in college.

Unfortunately, much like all of us, he's now in the real world where things aren't going his way.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Azerban posted:

yes, in the real fake draft. this is the fake fake draft to help you prepare for the real fake draft, as opposed to the fake real draft or the real real draft.
I feel that my reading comprehension got griefed.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

C. Everett Koop posted:

Tebow, much like all of us, had his best days in college.

Unfortunately, much like all of us, he's now in the real world where things aren't going his way.

Fortunately he's managed to position himself as the white conservative christian football player (as opposed to all the others somehow) and so he'll always have a core demographic of fans who think there's too many black men in the league.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Pope Guilty posted:

Fortunately he's managed to position himself as the white conservative christian football player (as opposed to all the others somehow) and so he'll always have a core demographic of fans who think there's too many black men in the league.

ohhhh, so he was griefing them by picking the racist when all the other guys wanted to have the racist on their team

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
In a kind of meta-grief, some guy wrote a 45,000 word sci-fi novel about Tim Tebow joining the Canadian Football League. I know next to nothing about the man, and it's probably one of the better works of comedy/parody I've read.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Ernie Muppari posted:

i prefer fantasy blood bowl

I fouled a super high value Skaven team's rat ogre (Who was all leveled up too) with a lone Undead babby-level zombie, ogre died, Johnny Rotten the zombie proved himself that day. Skaven guy had already used his doc on a star gutter runner a wight killed, which came out dead again anyway.

That was my report on why Blood Bowl is fun with griefing built in :madmax:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Aug 22, 2015

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Yardbomb posted:

I fouled a super high value Skaven team's rat ogre (Who was all leveled up too) with a lone Undead babby-level zombie, ogre died, Johnny Rotten the zombie proved himself that day. Skaven guy had already used his doc on a star gutter runner a wight killed, which came out dead again anyway.

That was my report on why Blood Bowl is fun with griefing built in :madmax:

oh i don't play the game i just fantasize that i do

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
This fantasy Football thing looks like the most boring fantasy ever. Only one race, no magic and you don't even have character creation. It's 2015, we deserve better.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Eponymous posted:

In a kind of meta-grief, some guy wrote a 45,000 word sci-fi novel about Tim Tebow joining the Canadian Football League. I know next to nothing about the man, and it's probably one of the better works of comedy/parody I've read.

This is solid gold. I couldn't muster up any shits about football if you held a gun to my head, but I can't stop reading. The loving Hitch shoes :lol:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Snapchat A Titty posted:

It's true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMK9FKMG3Nc

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Kraven Moorhed posted:

This is solid gold. I couldn't muster up any shits about football if you held a gun to my head, but I can't stop reading. The loving Hitch shoes :lol:

Jon Bois is a loving fantastic writer and you should read and watch everything he's done for SBNation

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Lblitzer posted:

Jon Bois is a loving fantastic writer and you should read and watch everything he's done for SBNation

His breaking Madden series is always pretty funny. Also, the "Why your team sucks" series on deadspin is funny even if you know nothing about football: http://deadspin.com/tag/why-your-team-sucks

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

From what I understand, HellMOO was great for mercilessly killing anyone who wasn't prepared to be killed. It would have been nothing without the dumb pubbies raging about goons ransacking their apartments and eating all their hundreds of dinosaur toys they collected over several months, and getting duped into jumping out of planes and playing Russian roulette with a fully loaded gun.

Hell, I'll see if I can dig up some of the older stories because there were some really good ones.

The dinosaur toys eating thing was me and another guy, I don't think he was a goon though.
Someone in the game decided to collect as many dinosaur toys as they could, they were completely useless artifacts that were only used in a couple of poo poo crafting recipes that no one used. We figured he was trying to impress the admins into rewarding him for pointless poo poo. We broke into his apartment and stole only the dino toys, there were hundreds of them.
There was a mutation in the game that let you eat pretty much everything so a friend with the mutation ate all of the toys on live tv.
We also stole the custom made weapon from some other jerk and he ate that on live tv

I ran what became the goon corp there for a while, DRS or Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. We did some things.
Two blind players got married in game, officiated by admins, so we bombed it with drug laced grenades and raped his new bride, then we broke into their custom built honeymoon suite and placed landmines everywhere.
We hijacked an indestructable air ship, got hosed up and smashed it into the city repeatedly murdering everyone in the massive fireballs.
A few of us broke into admin land, wrecked a whole bunch of stuff and repeatedly set off the alarm that sms messages the wizards in emergencies.
At one point the city laws were changed to not protect players with vampirism mutations, you could attack them without getting wanted by the police but if you murdered them then the police would come after you. So we'd attack vampires in stores where the security gratings would trap them, let them kill us and then the police would bust in and murder their poo poo leaving them to reclone in prison for a few hours. If you're wanted level was high enough the police wouldn't protect your apartment either so after the vampire died we'd go break into their apartments and steal all their precious text.
We stole everything and murdered everyone. Anything of any value in the game was probably in our HQ vault, which thanks to admin fuckery was practically impenetrable. In the end a few of us got bored and incinerated everything in the corp hq on live TV, which took about 12 hours.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

I remember breaking into a blind player's house incessantly. I wouldn't steal anything, just hang out in there till he got back as that really made him mad. Once I pasted anti-blind posters all over the house. A lot of the time I would just litter all over his house so that his screen reader would throw a fit.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
har har i further inconveniced the disabled :iamafag:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Shumagorath posted:

yah it is kinda mean when god already griefed them enough

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!

Shumagorath posted:

Most of the disabled hellmoo players were loving assholes, why else would they be playing hellmoo

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

CheechLizard posted:

Most of the hellmoo players were loving assholes, why else would they be playing hellmoo

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

CheechLizard posted:

Most of the disabled hellmoo players were loving assholes, why else would they be playing hellmoo

Shumagorath posted:

HELL is right there in the title and it's online. What the gently caress else was anyone expecting?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When you guys say blind, that's just a like... Hellmoo thing right? Like a status? Blind people can't play video games can they?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
It's a MUD. AKA a command line text MMO. So they can use a text reader to play it.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

When you guys say blind, that's just a like... Hellmoo thing right? Like a status? Blind people can't play video games can they?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23JgGAmCGVU

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Turtlicious posted:

loving blindies. I played a mud that started in 1995, a decade ago, and there were a whole shitload of them. They play with text-to-speech screen readers, suppress a whole lot of the messages, and play with a lot of triggered macros. I mean, there aren't a whole helluva lot of people still playing text based games these days and someone who's limited to playing only text based games is a helluva lot more likely to stick around and keep the game alive. It's not like they can abandon them for video games.

Their screen readers talk at a bajillion words a minute and it's kinda insane that they can understand what's going on. "The more you listen the faster you can listen." See the hassle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpdiPf57Wak

One of the most prolific and knowledgeable TFR posters is blind. He's got a youtube where he shoots guns (a lot less hilarious than you'd expect, but the youtubers don't know he's blind so there's a bit of humor) and he makes a living as a gun dealer. It's really loving amazing, really. He's making a living selling on the "gun ebay" that's a pain in the rear end to navigate even for folks who can see! There are probably a few others on SA that you just assume are either phone-posting or just don't know how to spell words 'cause blind folks will often spell words how you'd think they sound.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I didn't come here to learn! I got griefed.

(Not really this is pretty neat stuff)

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

MisterOblivious posted:

loving blindies. I played a mud that started in 1995, a decade ago, and there were a whole shitload of them. They play with text-to-speech screen readers, suppress a whole lot of the messages, and play with a lot of triggered macros. I mean, there aren't a whole helluva lot of people still playing text based games these days and someone who's limited to playing only text based games is a helluva lot more likely to stick around and keep the game alive. It's not like they can abandon them for video games.

Their screen readers talk at a bajillion words a minute and it's kinda insane that they can understand what's going on. "The more you listen the faster you can listen." See the hassle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpdiPf57Wak

One of the most prolific and knowledgeable TFR posters is blind. He's got a youtube where he shoots guns (a lot less hilarious than you'd expect, but the youtubers don't know he's blind so there's a bit of humor) and he makes a living as a gun dealer. It's really loving amazing, really. He's making a living selling on the "gun ebay" that's a pain in the rear end to navigate even for folks who can see! There are probably a few others on SA that you just assume are either phone-posting or just don't know how to spell words 'cause blind folks will often spell words how you'd think they sound.

That's all well and good, but can they see why kids like Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!
They were particularly fun to gently caress with. You could emote doing things with ":" so ":attacks you" would end up with their screen reader blaring CHEECHLIZARD ATTACKS YOU. Some had triggers in their clients which you could set off just by emoting.
One goon gave a lift to a blind player in a plane, after ascending 10,000 feet above the city he emoted flying the rest of the journey at which point the blind paid some $$$, high fived and stepped out into thin air.
Some had remote cameras outside their apartments or in cockpits of their planes so we would emote picking the lock on their door, they'd panic and come attack us, get wanted by the police and die. Then we'd break in for realsies while they raged in prison. Or you could emote opening and entering their apartment door, they'd panic and go to follow you in which would actually open their apartment door and you could rush in and rob them.
There was a corporation of four incredibly inept blinds, they followed each other round in a conga line. Someone grabbed hold of one of them and pushed them into the orphanage furnace and they all followed and burned to death, recloned and walked back into the furnace again repeatedly to try and get their poo poo gear back.
One of the more obnoxious blinds managed to become a programmer, I have no loving idea how. I checked out her home when I got progged and I don't even know what the gently caress. There were a bunch of generic things with lengthy and stupid descriptions that did nothing, the layout looked like she had started digging, got lost and teleported back to her home room and started all over again. Ask a nice admin for a tour of Peaches Mansion, it's a spaghetti mess of cancerous stupidity.

Turtlicious posted:

It's just all text, there are preferences in the game to turn off the map, flowery descriptions and flavour text and you can set up your client to suppress any poo poo you don't want to hear. There are also visible landmarks and the game can give you directions to a degree. Pretty easy to memorise the game layout. There was also the Track skill which you could use to hunt people.
When we first started playing the majority of the players who tried to make our lives miserable and grief us were blind, they were pretty good at being angry and obnoxious grief machines.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

MisterOblivious posted:

:aaaaa: This is some seriously cool stuff. I'd heard of this kind of software before, but it's amazing to see it in action.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

https://youtu.be/fGS7VOccCkM?t=1564 The guy playing Cyrax, the robot, is blind.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
DO people still play MUDs? I've never played one but that sounds vaguely interesting.

Also watching that blind dude play MK is loving insane, I do not understand how this happens but it is amazing to watch.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

MisterOblivious posted:

who's the blind tfr guy, i wanna watch a blind guy shoot a gun

dragonx86
Jan 22, 2009
That would be Mishaco. Here is a link to his youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGrqD0JaHhI-XyCc6kgmTQQ

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
new danielfromsl video

https://youtube.com/watch?v=KGJLdnN0xHY

"HELP HELP! im in the feuerwehr station!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Slugnoid posted:

new danielfromsl video