Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I love this show's fanbase. Here's the former manager of the Jesus Twins dancing for some reason(he made 2 sales!) and the comments are just people bagging on him for the yuppie-speak he used to spit out when the Jesus Twins were on the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63bBIbnozis

e: bless Youtube's related videos. Found a super old video from the surviving twin where he's just filming them in their daily lives and they're just arguing over juice. Incredibly compelling somehow. If these guys were born like a decade later they could have been reality TV stars for the like one season their show would have lasted. Proof positive that their act on the show was no schtick, they were as real there as anywhere else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2GACQEd3jM

The twin filming is Eric(the lower pitched voice) and Jeff is driving(higher, nasally voice). Eric is the one who died from suicide by cop in the early 2000s.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Aug 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

I'm sure this has been discussed, but has Howard ever talked about putting out DVDs of the E! show? It seems like a no-brainer to me, but we all know how Howard is with his content.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Djarum posted:

"The Howard Stern Interview" was the precursor to the E! Show. I believe if my memory serves me correct that it was one of the launch shows on E!.

I think what happened there was E! saw that Howard was ratings and they wanted more content and with Howard being lazy they opted to just record the show in the studio.

This is one case where Howard's laziness was a good thing. The in-studio show was so much better than the interview show. Howard doing interviews without the rest of the show was an attempt to look respectable and mainstream.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Paul Kersey posted:

I'm sure this has been discussed, but has Howard ever talked about putting out DVDs of the E! show? It seems like a no-brainer to me, but we all know how Howard is with his content.

I would assume E! has some ownership rights to the show, but maybe I'm wrong. DVDs are the wrong medium, though - they should be put online for streaming and be uncensored.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Paul Kersey posted:

Some of that would be difficult to license, I imagine. Various E! content, bands' music, video footage. What a mess. I'd love to have Howard on DVDs or Netflix, though.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Presumably, Howard owns the raw footage because he used E-era stuff on his CBS show and, I think, Direct TV (I didn't have direct tv, so I don't know for sure if any pre-sirius stuff showed up there).

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Howard should put the E! show on a sim card.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Maybe when Howard dies and his kids sue Beth for the estate she'll release the tapes and sell them in late night infomercials.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Listening to Evil Dave eat those chips makes me want some drat chips. Goddamn, every time, without fail.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

musclecoder posted:

Howard should put the E! show on a sim card.

Cool, the he can jpeg it to me. -Artie

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

JB50 posted:

Cool, the he can jpeg it to me. -Artie

Oh man I remember Artie talking about the time he tried to place a bet online and he was beyond baffled that you needed an account to make a wager on this website. He acted like it was https://www.asiteforartielangetoplacebets.com or something.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Aug 19, 2015

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Former Human posted:

Keep in mind the women in Richard's story weren't dipping their pizza crust in dressing, they were pouring ranch onto pizza slices like normal people do on salad.

They give you a little thing of garlic butter, not ranch dressing.

You're right. I haven't gotten anything from them in an age so it's not like I remember correctly.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I know what I'm adding to my gym playlist now.

https://soundcloud.com/howardstern/sets/brand-new-beetlejuice-music

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Bonzo posted:

Maybe when Howard dies and his kids sue Beth for the estate she'll release the tapes and sell them in late night infomercials.
For as much as Howard beats the "Get a pre-nup!" drum, I would like to imagine that his will sets his kids up for life (so they can keep making Zoo-Za-Zoo music). Then again, Beth might've convinced him to give his daughters' inheritance to the North Shore Animal League since "those are OUR children" or some other such poo poo.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

haljordan posted:

Oh man I remember Artie talking about the time he tried to place a bet online and he was beyond baffled that you needed an account to make a wager on this website. He acted like it was https://www.asiteforartielangetoplacebets.com or something.

You forgot to say "backslash" when listing the URL.

And it's actually a site for artie DASH lange to place bets DOT COM

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Sasquatch! posted:

For as much as Howard beats the "Get a pre-nup!" drum, I would like to imagine that his will sets his kids up for life (so they can keep making Zoo-Za-Zoo music). Then again, Beth might've convinced him to give his daughters' inheritance to the North Shore Animal League since "those are OUR children" or some other such poo poo.

Of course he's gonna set his kids up. He's a good guy.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/EricMidgetFacts/status/634889312421720065

Was there an official decision to end the show?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

No and from what's been said SFN being down is speculation as well. The idea that Howard told Mutt of all people that the show was ending so he could preemptively shut the boards down also makes no sense. If Mutt were to know we'd all know because there would have been a press release.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

That's some nerd crying about a Stern message board not being online, not some insider info on the Stern show ending lol

On Monday a fan brought up Howard's lawsuit with Sirius and whether it would affect his upcoming decision or not. Howard said he'd still like to work with the company if possible. He's doing his usual negotiation posturing like every time his contract is up for renewal.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Stern was on the front page of the NY Post today
http://pagesix.com/2015/08/21/the-woman-responsible-for-howard-sterns-pc-behavior/?_ga=1.205869267.1112393354.1415059223

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Did they just compare GTD to Scientology? One is personal organization system the other is a religion...

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Can't wait for the Howard Stern podcast! What a novel idea

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Can't wait for the Howard Stern podcast! What a novel idea

I want this to happen so much just to see how he tries to justify it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Viktor posted:

Did they just compare GTD to Scientology? One is personal organization system the other is a religion...

People can get really into Getting Things Done.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

prefect posted:

People can get really into Getting Things Done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snmqf3dE7ho

Happy Anniversary Six Sigma!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't know anything about GTD until a few moments ago when I read this article on Wired where the author stops just short of telling us how great the GTD guy's cum tastes.

quote:

These were dangerous years for young men unsure of their authenticity, and one day at a party Allen sat down next to a charismatic liar named Michael Bookbinder. He'd been a Formula One racer and also a paratrooper. He played flamenco guitar and knew karate. His costume included silk shirts with huge collars and puffy sleeves "in the manner of a gay buccaneer," as an acquaintance later recalled. He wore pancake makeup. He was a heroin user.

Bookbinder and Allen became close. Bookbinder taught him karate, and soon Allen was using heroin, too. He left his marriage, abandoned his academic training, and eventually found himself out on the street, practically penniless, "crucified psychically," as he would later put it, "absolutely at the bottom physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually." Worried about the radical change in his behavior, some of Allen's friends had him committed in 1971. At the mental hospital, Allen received stark lessons in simulated obedience. He learned to hide his psychiatric medication under his tongue instead of refusing it or spitting it out, and he studied what the medical staff seemed to want of him, so that they would pronounce him cured. "I made a decision to institute a high state of cooperation with the world again," he says.

The author tries to be pretty flattering to Allen, the GTD guy, but he ends up making Allen sound like a repressed homosexual with untreated mental illness.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I read GTD. It is an excellent book. The two minute rule might be the greatest productivity rule I have ever heard. The next action step is crucial also. Still, it is a book about organizing your projects and tasks. How can anyone be a zealot for it?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

quote:

Turk, who never goes on-air as Stern’s previous bosses did, has allegedly banned formerly frequent guests Lisa Lampanelli, Gilbert Gottfried and Craig Gass.

what the gently caress

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Former Human posted:

what the gently caress

Gilbert's been on "he's around" status for a few years now.

There's also this: https://twitter.com/realgilbert/status/509029283164336128

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Ribsauce posted:

I read GTD. It is an excellent book. The two minute rule might be the greatest productivity rule I have ever heard. The next action step is crucial also. Still, it is a book about organizing your projects and tasks. How can anyone be a zealot for it?

I agree 100%. The 2 minute rule essentially eliminated 'laziness' from my life completely. GTD is the real deal.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
I never believed the 'cupcake incident' was the only thing banning Gilbert. I mean, it was gross and all, but it's not so far out in left field for Gilbert's behavior. Especially when considering how good of a friend of the show he was

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The show has evolved.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I actually like that Gilbert coming on in a soft, neutered fashion is apparently not an option. The most recently I've seen him is on Norm Macdonald's podcast and his material was as racist and homophobic as ever. He's an idol from a dying era and today's kids probably think he's too offensive, which is fine by me. Good on him for not compromising even in the face of limited success.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sock The Great posted:

I agree 100%. The 2 minute rule essentially eliminated 'laziness' from my life completely. GTD is the real deal.

Can someone tell me what the 2 minute rule is so I don't have to buy the book?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
If you get stuck on something for two minutes, go do something else for awhile.

Advice posted:

I actually like that Gilbert coming on in a soft, neutered fashion is apparently not an option. The most recently I've seen him is on Norm Macdonald's podcast and his material was as racist and homophobic as ever. He's an idol from a dying era and today's kids probably think he's too offensive, which is fine by me. Good on him for not compromising even in the face of limited success.

He actually keeps it fairly clean on his movie podcast. Of course, he doesn't hesitate to dive right in when a guest pushes the right button (see: Ed Asner, Josh Grobin).

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Irish Joe posted:

If you get stuck on something for two minutes, go do

[quote="Irish Joe" post="449291720"]
If you get stuck on something for two minutes, go do something else for awhile.

He actually keeps it fairly clean on his movie podcast. Of course, he doesn't hesitate to dive right in when a guest pushes the right button (see: Ed Asner, Josh Grobin).

Not quite. It's more like if you have a task that can be done in less than two minutes, do it now. Don't put it off.

You can accomplish a remarkable amount 2 minutes at a time.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I remember the 2 minute rule being posted on here (SA) years and years ago.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Thanks to gtd I now masturbate 1000x a day.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I left my wife to do heroin karate with a gay buccaneer, and this is how I learned that procrastination is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Sock The Great posted:

Not quite. It's more like if you have a task that can be done in less than two minutes, do it now. Don't put it off.

You can accomplish a remarkable amount 2 minutes at a time.
The only thing from the book I fully implemented is the 2 minute rule and that alone makes it possibly the most useful book I have ever read.

To expand, it basically works like this. You make a list of everything you have to do. Some things are long term projects, some things might take 2 hours, and then you have something like "pay car insurance." Paying your car insurance only takes 1 minute, so just do it right then so it doesn't occupy any space in your mind for the next 20 days you let the bill sit next to your computer.

It sounds obvious, but think about how many little things you have out there like paying your cable bill that you could do in 45 seconds, but you let pile up.