Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

TwoPair posted:

Yeah, honestly even if the power up isn't permanent and Rosemaster took a stage dive, Carrot thinks he won, and that self confidence boost in addition to the Power Of Love are going to let him be a full fledged helping member of the party.

Yea, part of Parfait's whole message was that she admired him for always giving his best and never giving up - it's explicitly not about being the strongest person, so not winning the fight on the merits of his own power doesn't really undermine it. The arc is that Carrot has been too scared and uncertain to actually do anything (whenever he has failed, it's been him just giving up and booking it, not failing because he wasn't competent) and him getting passed that to actually commit to a fight.

Although winning will probably make him feel pretty good and bump him up in the other's esteem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Knowing that someone believes in you will stick for a good long time :unsmith:

Or so I'm told :smith:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Renaissance Robot posted:

I didn't used to understand why Gigi doesn't come here any more; thanks, thread, for opening my eyes. I don't think I've ever seen anyone bitch so relentlessly about a comic they supposedly like.

What happened to just checking out for the boring bits? Put it down, go do something else and come back later. It's a real loving downer reading post after post about how one monologue must mean we're headed for five more years of nothing but artsy monologues because it's not like this a comic that has changed in mood or theme before?

The only issue with pacing right now is that it's taking literal months to get through and y'all are a bunch of whiny man babies.

Bro rushing to defend Gigi from very mildly disappointed internet peoples isn't going to make you as manpretty as Carrot. I'm sorry.

life_source posted:

Bacon isn't even in this scene you dolt.

:golfclap:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
We're done here.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

The moon? Whassa computer doing on the moon?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

WarpedNaba posted:

Moon stuff

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Cosmo confirmed for moon princess?

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

WarpedNaba posted:

Well, Glitchmaster is the Space Kingdom's Disaster Master.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

WarpedNaba posted:

paper mario mang

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Moon orb?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

WarpedNaba posted:

Computing, obviously.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Shut the gently caress up about mooncomputers, Morty!

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
She gone

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
*ZZ Top plays faintly in the background*

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Now Cucumber will gain the power to look fab.

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE

WarpedNaba posted:

Now Cucumber will gain the power to look fab.
And his bass cannon will be twice as powerful.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

This is more and more beginning to look less like 'Stop the evil overlord fantasy' and more 'One young man's journey to becoming David Bowie'.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nah that's the entire cast of metal gear.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Jazu posted:

And his bass cannon will be twice as powerful.

I totally forgot about that...

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Maybe Carrot just broke the Crocus?

Cucumber probably gets the ability to make thorn bushes sprout, but presumably not the ability to mind control. (Although come to think of it, shouldn't he have gotten the ability to smash from Splashmaster?)

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I'm glad to see this thread mature enough not to be making jokes that the new orb will turn him into a tumblr SJW or into a girl.

That said, I hope it grows thorny rosevines to entangle people, or create a barrier, or whatnot

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
boo-urns on normal thorn vine spell give cucumber simple easy mind control

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Sure, that'd be fine now, while he still thinks girls are gross.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Being able to conjure rosey minions would be cool.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rip rosemaster, the most fabulous of us all

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Rose Options.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ConanThe3rd posted:

Rose Options.

Cucumber could spam plugs.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Wouldn't it be something if Rosemaster used the power of the Crocus to destroy her own Disaster Stone?

At the very least, it would break the cycle for her.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Rosemaster didn't make the rosey minions though. They were the Guardener's, she just turned them because she has plant control powers. Maybe Cucumber will get that nifty sleep spell she hit everyone with right at the start of the fight.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
You can summon the minions if you beat the Guardener in New Game+ (the trick is inflicting Blindness on everyone before the fight starts).

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Tollymain posted:

rip rosemaster, the most fabulous of us all
We still have Commander Caboodle and his amazing sunflower outfit, so second most-fabulous is still with us.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TwoPair posted:

Rosemaster didn't make the rosey minions though. They were the Guardener's, she just turned them because she has plant control powers. Maybe Cucumber will get that nifty sleep spell she hit everyone with right at the start of the fight.

sleep doesn't really work on bosses though, and this game's pretty short on non-boss fights

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Tollymain posted:

sleep doesn't really work on bosses though, and this game's pretty short on non-boss fights

Spells for problem solving. Cucmber doesn't really... do boss fights if you have noticed.

Mild mind control: make someone sleep, forget what they where doing, forget who you are

Simple things like that to help in problem solving.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

life_source posted:

Spells for problem solving. Cucmber doesn't really... do boss fights if you have noticed.

He pretty much shut Legato down (granted that was by complete accident) by activating the water orb and extinguishing all the instruments around. Of course, he was a side-quest, not a real boss, so I guess you are technically right.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
I am glad that the flashback is over. Let us all rejoice, together.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

TwoPair posted:

He already has a time-stop spell, though.

I'm thinking he gets some sort of illusion/disguise that makes them all dressed up like in Dressed, so no one can recognize them through all the fabulous.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

life_source posted:

Mild mind control: make someone sleep, forget what they where doing, forget who you are

Simple things like that to help in cheating at metal gear.

e/ what the gently caress, I didn't post this. I'd assume I fell asleep on my tablet again, but the timestamp is wrong for that. :confused:

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Page 660 of Cucumber Quest where we find that a Hot Carrot provides solace.