Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
It makes me irrationally angry that they don't like the idea of only lighting the ring during all the Takeover matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

"All anyone cares about is Brent!"

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Alain Post posted:

well, it'd be better than DKP.

DKP has been great lately with Joe Lanza and Dragon Gate Jae so whatever maaan

TheRico
Mar 1, 2007
I want Peach to be the new co-host of the show.

6's for everyone!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

cronox2 posted:

It makes me irrationally angry that they don't like the idea of only lighting the ring during all the Takeover matches.
The lighting gave it the feeling of a big event, and was great.

The way the belt was specifically lit for the ladder match was especially awesome.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Guys, come on.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I wish they did bylines more often.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Rodney the Piper posted:

I wish they did bylines more often.

If there isn't a byline it's probably Dave forgetting to add one.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I like how Pat Laprade thought the crowd was chanting "We want Lou Thesz" in place of "Blue Pants"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Dave's speculation that Heyman booked the finish to SummerSlam was interesting. Wasn't he speculated to have booked Lesnar/Reigns as well?

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.

Good Listener posted:

I like how Pat Laprade thought the crowd was chanting "We want Lou Thesz" in place of "Blue Pants"

This was my highlight of SummerSlam weekend podcasts.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

CVagts posted:

I did enjoy peach's impression of UFC post-fight interviews.

that was really funny

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the MLW Summerslam preview is unlistenable unless you're into Alex "raging inferiority complex" Greenfield, Russo's notetaker and MSL.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don't know how anyone can listen to any MLW thing that isn't Talk'n Shop or has Meltzer as a guest.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don't know how anyone can listen to any MLW thing that isn't Talk'n Shop or has Meltzer as a guest.

Konnan.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sportsgenius86 posted:

when Konnan's weed kicks in he usually says some pretty smart stuff. Konnan and Court Bauer mulling over business stuff is a lot more listenable than Alverez/Meltzer pairings. Though, I'm starting to think Court Bauer is not so smart.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Good Listener posted:

And during an Eva Marie match makes it even better.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

sportsgenius86 posted:

I really enjoy the point in each episode where you wonder which method of murder Konnan would choose if he was in the same room as MSL. The most recent one was last week when MSL said that he doesn't like the in-ring aspect of wrestling.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I really enjoy the point in each episode where you wonder which method of murder Konnan would choose if he was in the same room as MSL. The most recent one was last week when MSL said that he doesn't like the in-ring aspect of wrestling.

I thought Konnan's head was going to explode. Also that was the moment I realized, as a new listener, that MSL is full of poo poo.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

coconono posted:

when Konnan's weed kicks in he usually says some pretty smart stuff. Konnan and Court Bauer mulling over business stuff is a lot more listenable than Alverez/Meltzer pairings. Though, I'm starting to think Court Bauer is not so smart.

Court has his moments, but he overestimates himself a LOT. Konnan's awesome though, and overall MLW tries my patience way less than Bryan Alvarez these days.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'll listen to Cornette's podcast every so often, but I tried to listen to a Disco Inferno show a few months back and made it about 4 minutes in before I had to shut it off, it was so bad.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I'll listen to Cornette's podcast every so often, but I tried to listen to a Disco Inferno show a few months back and made it about 4 minutes in before I had to shut it off, it was so bad.

Pretty much ever opinion Disco Inferno has about wrestling is wrong.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Jerusalem posted:

Same. Disco is an idiot, and he's not even fun to listen to. I do like Cornette's podcast most of the time though, and the Drive-Thru is usually fun since it's him answering fan letters and such. His co-host is thicker than a whale omelet, though.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Disco is a loving moron and I don't know why they have him on.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Pretty much ever opinion Disco Inferno has is wrong.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
As long as it doesn't have Disco, Alex Greenfield, or Ed Ferrara isn't on it, I'll listen to a MLW show. Cornette's drive thru is generally 30 minutes of Cornette talking about wrestling, which is great. I think I've heard him rant enough on Conservatives.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CombineThresher posted:

Same. Disco is an idiot, and he's not even fun to listen to. I do like Cornette's podcast most of the time though, and the Drive-Thru is usually fun since it's him answering fan letters and such. His co-host is thicker than a whale omelet, though.

Alice Radley exists solely for keeping Cornette from saying anything that might get Court sued. Oh and run Skype for jim.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Alice Radley is also there to keep Jim from ranting about Muslims or transgender people.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Luigi Thirty posted:

Alice Radley is also there to keep Jim from ranting about Muslims or transgender people.

That's a good point, and she does have a nice radio voice, so there's that too.

I actually don't mind Alex Greenfield all that much - as far as ex-WWE writers go, he's not as prone to bragging about his sick Twitter burns as guys like Court or, worse, Dave Lagana.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Length doesn't really matter" - BIG Dave Meltzer.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
"WWE is doing a much better job overall right now than New Japan" - Dave Meltzer

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Spermgod posted:

"WWE is doing a much better job overall right now than New Japan" - Dave Meltzer

Yeah, take that people who think that Dave has a NJPW bias :colbert:

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I don't mind Alex Greenfield, but also the only MLW show I listen to is the Pizz Cizz

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Spermgod posted:

At what, exactly?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Spermgod posted:

Nakamura probably should have been booked to win G1

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

CombineThresher posted:

At what, exactly?

Production. He then clarified that New Japan's booking is 10000x better than WWE.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
I think he said "overall presentation of the product" or something like that

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I hope you're ready for Corny to rant about Alex Shelley killing the business on Thursday.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Kelly Kelly can't work a phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Spermgod posted:

I think he said "overall presentation of the product" or something like that

He said "I think WWE is doing a much better job right now than New Japan. In overall presentation and everything like that...but when it comes to booking finishes New Japan is far better. That's the one thing they're way better at."

• Locked thread