Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Anyone have any hot tips for painting new wheels? Recommendations for paint that will hold up?

I'm thinking about buying some black RPF1s, wet sanding off the clear, hit it with VHT engine enamel, and clear them; leave the barrel black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

I am intensely disappointed that you are not black. And wearing a wizard costume.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Phone posted:

Anyone have any hot tips for painting new wheels? Recommendations for paint that will hold up?

I'm thinking about buying some black RPF1s, wet sanding off the clear, hit it with VHT engine enamel, and clear them; leave the barrel black.

You want to paint your black wheels black?

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Lightbulb Out posted:

I see a black wheel and I want to paint it black.
No colors any more I want them to turn black.
I see the cars drive by, dressed in their summer shoes.
I have to turn my head 'cause those colors give me the blues.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Sigma X posted:

I am intensely disappointed that you are not black. And wearing a wizard costume.

Yea, I really need to change my name on here. Oddly enough, a lot of people assume I am black since my name is Damian. Everyone at the beauty school my gf went to was rather surprised when I showed up the first time.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

Answer the phone you motherfucker I have questions for you.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Lightbulb Out posted:

VHT has a gold paint. :p

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Pham Nuwen posted:

That's because you're already in the penal colony, ya drongo

Yeah it really is terrible down here.
Oh look! There's a spider.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 24, 2015

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Pre-ordered the Mad Max game, now to wait a week for it to actually release :v:

Also, goddamn my roomie either thinks i'm an idiot or is just insanely ballsy. He just bought himself some smoke last night, then today has the nerve to ask me if he can borrow $10 til Wednesday. I'm having a really hard time resisting the urge to reply with "lol, gently caress no, learn to budget."

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

mafoose posted:

Sorry but 280zs are an airdam, bumpers, and turn signals away from almost indistinguishable for most from a 240z. They also have way better electrics, factory subframe connectors you'd add anyways if you are making any real power, and way better door/lock mechanisms (with a real crash beam!). And provisions for ac which is nice here in the desert.

Aren't all the 280Z's the weird 2+2 ones? I thought I remembered that they were visibly different.

Fo3 posted:

All this new poo poo and they haven't made it any better for life's necessities. Booze, smokes, other accoutrements have got more expensive as well.

Well, minimum wage is 20% higher now than it was in 2001, so that helps. I don't remember what grocieries etc cost at that time (I was in middle school, lol) so I guess it's possible that that stuff has risen more than 20%.

T1g4h posted:

Also, goddamn my roomie either thinks i'm an idiot or is just insanely ballsy.

I think you're giving him too much credit. Sounds like he's just a super aggro crag, and didn't even think about money until he's already spent it.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Oh I thought about it. I just didn't count on getting laid off the day after I signed the loan paperwork.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
You also got another job like days afterwords so I'm not sure why people are still ragging on that.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Noise Complaint posted:

You also got another job like days afterwords so I'm not sure why people are still ragging on that.

Some people here are no better than meme obsessed redditors.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Because AI has never been one to run jokes into the ground.

SHUT THE gently caress UP ZORDON

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Noise Complaint posted:

It's not just the car, he just seems to make a predictable series of posts that go something like "oh man I just bought a [bunch of weed | cool trinket | bunch of alcohol] and life is great!" ... "bawww woe is me, I don't have any money, somehow! Why does this always happen to me??"

Honestly, I didn't really intend to rip on you, SAC, I just wanted to use you as an example of the kind of person T1g4h's roommate seems to be. I know a few people like that in my personal life, but obviously nobody here knows those people, so I used you instead.

Raluek fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 24, 2015

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Raluek posted:

Aren't all the 280Z's the weird 2+2 ones? I thought I remembered that they were visibly different.

Well, minimum wage is 20% higher now than it was in 2001, so that helps. I don't remember what grocieries etc cost at that time (I was in middle school, lol) so I guess it's possible that that stuff has risen more than 20%.

I think you're giving him too much credit. Sounds like he's just a super aggro crag, and didn't even think about money until he's already spent it.

Yes. Minimum wage is the standard we should judge everything by (and vote/listen to/for people that keep claiming that raising it is the worst thing ever).
I had a weird thought today, take it for what it's worth. But you know how most people say that want better for their kids than they had it? [baring mega millionaires and egoists that say they did it hard, here's a few $K to start you of etc], but you know what I mean.
Why i it when it comes to "peers", people think the opposite? Rather than "I want to make it better for others (their kids)", people switch to "I did it, so everyone else has to". I'm talking about the bullshit you get in school, apprenticeships, trades, military, civil services etc. Stuff like hazing, "tradition", treating the FNG like dirt and things like that, just because that may have been how you were treated.
Like there's a switch in your brain for improving "x", but making "y" suffer if you had to.
That's my thought for the day.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Aug 24, 2015

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Fo3 posted:

...Rather than "I want to make it better for others (their kids)", people switch to "I did it, so everyone else has to"...
It makes your achievements seem pretty lovely if someone else can do what took you 15 years in a year. Nobody wants to feel like their hard work has been insignificant or subpar.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Raluek posted:

:ssh: inflation has increased 35% since 2001 so that's not even keeping up with the value of the dollar.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Geoj posted:

:ssh: inflation has increased 35% since 2001 so that's not even keeping up with the value of the dollar.

That sounds like something a bitter poor person would say.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

IOwnCalculus posted:

Because AI has never been one to run jokes into the ground.

SHUT THE gently caress UP ZORDON

Witness me.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

kastein posted:

Sometimes being an electrical engineer with no children is pretty drat nice. I've accidentally saved $8k over the last few months.

Resisting the temptation to pay off my last student loan right now instead of being responsible and buying a furnace this fall. gently caress I hate debt so god drat much.

I donno man. The furnace would be a bright idea, but jesus christ paying off my student loans was literally one of the best moments of my life. I felt so god-damned-loving-free afterwards.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Fo3 posted:

Yes. Minimum wage is the standard we should judge everything by (and vote/listen to/for people that keep claiming that raising it is the worst thing ever).
I had a weird thought today, take it for what it's worth. But you know how most people say that want better for their kids than they had it? [baring mega millionaires and egoists that say they did it hard, here's a few $K to start you of etc], but you know what I mean.
Why i it when it comes to "peers", people think the opposite? Rather than "I want to make it better for others (their kids)", people switch to "I did it, so everyone else has to". I'm talking about the bullshit you get in school, apprenticeships, trades, military, civil services etc. Stuff like hazing, "tradition", treating the FNG like dirt and things like that, just because that may have been how you were treated.
Like there's a switch in your brain for improving "x", but making "y" suffer if you had to.

Who did you vote for?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Geoj posted:

drat, I didn't know it was that much.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Fo3 posted:

:agreed:

I'm personally sick of the "gently caress you, got mine" economics that's so pervasive today. Nobody wants or proposes a tax cut on the lowest tax bracket that would save everyone money. Instead its a cut to the middle or top brackets. The middle bracket cuts are particularly heinous since they disproportionately affect top earners under the guise of "helping middle class families" who eat that poo poo up but only save maybe a couple of hundred since they're just a few thousand dollars into that bracket.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Fo3 posted:

That's pretty obvious when you think about evolutionary pressures. The monkey that dicked over everyone else but helped its own kids a lot had more successful kids than everyone else. It's just human nature, and human nature is poo poo.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

If minimum wage kept up with inflation since the end of the Gold Standard, it would be like $21/hr now. Whenever someone gets pissy about the $15/hr minimum wage fast food workers want I have to remind them that they are also getting hosed on their pay.

Talked to the owner of the telecom company I mentioned last week this morning and we are gona try and set up an interview for next week. I just want like $25/hr and benefits is that so much to ask for!?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Midniter posted:

Don't you not pay rent or something? How can you worry about finances when you're living rent-free?

It was a perk of the girlfriend's job. Various things (mostly her father's cancer) lead her to take a leave of absence without really consulting me about it. Like we had a on refundable hotel and event tickets for Chicago this last weekend and had I known our finances were going to so drastically change I'd never have bought any of them. So we went from $1200 off rent to $500 off. I over extended myself paying off other poo poo and I had cut my hours at work recently. So I'm gonna be scraping for a few weeks at least.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Can I just like roll all my debt into one payment plan so I don't have to pay like 4,000 bills every month?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Probably, but you'll pay more for someone else to do all that basic work for yourself. Use online bill payment, it's much easier to keep everything organized.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I already do that but everytime I get a YOUR BILL IS COMING DUE email I die a little inside.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Consolidation loans are A Thing, but the bank will generally shut down all forms of credit you've got and usually won't issue any more until it's paid off. If that's something you think would benefit you by all means do it but personally when I was in that situation I chose to just keep chipping away and eventually got caught up.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
What you should do is max out a credit card, then do a balance transfer to another card so you can max the first one out again! This is the AW Method, and it works the first couple of times no problem.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I am 26 and still too scared to get a credit card. All I imagine is me maxing it out the first week on some dumb poo poo like an Xbone.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I am 26 and still too scared to get a credit card. All I imagine is me maxing it out the first week on some dumb poo poo like an Xbone.

If you're 26 and unable to get a card that carries a limit below the price of an Xbox One then, please, by all means, don't loving get a credit card.

edit: wait, is getting a card with a limit that low even loving possible!?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

SuperDucky posted:

If you're 26 and unable to get a card that carries a limit below the price of an Xbox One then, please, by all means, don't loving get a credit card.

edit: wait, is getting a card with a limit that low even loving possible!?

Yeah. My first credit card had a $500 limit, which isn't even enough to get an Xbox One.

[edit] this dude with the 280 hasn't called me back yet.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

No clue. Never even looked into it. Last I checked my credit score was 659 but I really have no idea.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

MustardFacial posted:

Yeah. My first credit card had a $500 limit, which isn't even enough to get an Xbox One.

[edit] this dude with the 280 hasn't called me back yet.

Christ on a cracker. My first card coming out of school has a $6k limit. I do have pretty much perfect credit for someone without (major, non-school) loans, though. I had all the credit checks, leases and bills solely in my name for the entirety of the time I had roommates during college.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Raluek posted:

That's the ZX you're thinking of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Just without the crazy lady on the 12 heading to Burlingame Fred Meyer who is talking about her kids being "in the trees" while making stabbing motions at anyone getting on or off the bus and taking up three seats (no one minded) because her dead children needed to sit down...

Nah, I get what he is saying.

• Locked thread