Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
As a MCH I have to basically pop most of my buffs before the actual pull so I can fit everything in and have a not insane place for a potion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

ilifinicus posted:

so you're classifying the basic openers of all the DPS classes stupid then

I think if we don't act like goons about it, it's pretty clear they meant the Warriors especially who pop a bunch of cooldowns (then ready check, then stick their thumb up their rear end, then go) before the pull.

Many DPS classes have great sick openers, but WAR is not one of them, nor are any of the tanks really.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The sick warrior opener starts 7 GCDs in.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm talking about the guys that pop four to five cooldowns before they even pull. I personally hit battle litany right at the pull for the rest of the group, but it's stupid to hit multiple things pre-pull. You lose out on some of their effectiveness.
Some cooldowns are the "next X" like BLM and I want them faster next time :shobon:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

you want to prepop sharpcast 8 seconds before the pull and quelling 4 seconds, then cast fire 2-3 seconds before.

then this happens

(Eureka Instrumental) Pulling in 8 <se.7>
*presses sharpcast*
(Eureka Instrumental) Pulling in 7
(Eureka Instrumental) Pulling in 6
someone on mumble: no stop my cooldowns aren't up yet

everytime

rip sharpcast

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

The sick warrior opener starts 7 GCDs in.

Exactly.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

nuru posted:

Didn't they patch it so you can be a full party and unsynced about a month after release?

yes, but it's still called undersized in the party configuration menu

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

KaneTW posted:

you want to prepop sharpcast 8 seconds before the pull and quelling 4 seconds, then cast fire 2-3 seconds before.

then this happens

(Eureka Instrumental) Pulling in 8 <se.7>
*presses sharpcast*
(Eureka Instrumental) Pulling in 7
(Eureka Instrumental) Pulling in 6
someone on mumble: no stop my cooldowns aren't up yet

everytime

rip sharpcast

{Same} although I think losing the crit adlo Deployment Tactics is worse.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Veks posted:

{Same} although I think losing the crit adlo Deployment Tactics is worse.

I'm not going to start on how awful my crit rating with the esoterics book + 190 gear is right now. If I crit we're pulling no matter what GOoooooo.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
People say SCH BiS weapon is ravana's book right now though? :v:

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Truga posted:

is this the same people that say 1 WDMG is equal to 3 MND

because those people should probably uninstall or stop posting

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tenzarin posted:

I recall people saying this is the best gaming community.

Dude, I've had people call me the n word repeatedly in WoW because I disagreed with them. :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

ilifinicus posted:

is this the same people that say 1 WDMG is equal to 3 MND

because those people should probably uninstall or stop posting

Yeah, I'm sure it's a load of bollocks. Going from i180 to i200 weapon raised my Physick from 2700 to >3000, which is a flat 10% increase. Meanwhile, I haven't really noticed much difference in crit rate while dropping by 100 points or so. It still only happens when I cast a Physick, and never when Adlo so :shrug:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Robo Reagan posted:

Dude, I've had people call me the n word repeatedly in WoW because I disagreed with them. :v:

So you must of been saying something really rude.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Truga posted:

Yeah, I'm sure it's a load of bollocks. Going from i180 to i200 weapon raised my Physick from 2700 to >3000, which is a flat 10% increase. Meanwhile, I haven't really noticed much difference in crit rate while dropping by 100 points or so. It still only happens when I cast a Physick, and never when Adlo so :shrug:
people will go to extreme lengths to try to justify their glamour needs when their raid static is screaming at them for being dumb and not buying weapon first

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

ilifinicus posted:

their raid static

This is quite presumptuous.

e: also appropos of nothing I stumbled across this again, and thought the people who finally finished the 2.55 story might appreciate it:

https://i.imgur.com/QJZ2WXM.jpg

Boten Anna fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Aug 25, 2015

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Boten Anna posted:

This is quite presumptuous.
if "your raid static" does not scream at your for being dumb for not buying a weapon, you're not taking the whole raiding business any level of serious anyway so why would it matter to you what the optimal choice is

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

ilifinicus posted:

if "your raid static" does not scream at your for being dumb for not buying a weapon, you're not taking the whole raiding business any level of serious anyway so why would it matter to you what the optimal choice is

Presumptuous as in presuming people like that have a raid static.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Boten Anna posted:

Presumptuous as in presuming people like that have a raid static.
the people who will cite those numbers are the ones that need to justify their poor choices, either to a raid static or to their bad conscious telling them that they should know better

edit: or I guess they're just dumb and should stop posting and/or uninstall

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm talking about the guys that pop four to five cooldowns before they even pull.

I macroed all my buffs together to do this and save space on my hotbar.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

ilifinicus posted:

the people who will cite those numbers are the ones that need to justify their poor choices, either to a raid static or to their bad conscious telling them that they should know better

edit: or I guess they're just dumb and should stop posting and/or uninstall

Who cares :effort:

No, really, who cares.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Captain Oblivious posted:

Who cares :effort:

No, really, who cares.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Truga posted:

Out of curiosity I ran a quick test last week with 100 physicks with each book. Eso had more overall throughput despite the Hive book giving me a whopping 5% more crit in that quick test. Crits are nice, but so is more VIT/PIE in Savage and overall larger heals, and since I can't rely on crits my healing strategies all revolve around not getting them. They're a fantastic nice-to-have when you get one you can deploy before A1 landing and similar known big hits though. Another thing to remember is a weapon damage increase and more main stat are a big deal when it's time to do dps, which is a major SCH job in Savage right now. Bear in mind I'm only in A2S so it's not like I'm coming from a cutting edge mindset.

I'll probably run another test with 1000 of each because seeing a 5% crit swing across 83 crit rating bugs me.

Stufoo
May 9, 2010

Everybody Loves Me
and that's just about as funky as I can be

nuru posted:

I'll probably run another test with 1000 of each because seeing a 5% crit swing across 83 crit rating bugs me.

83 crit is 1.9% rate. 92 speed on the antiquated is better for DoTs than the crit would be.

Weapon Damage.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Ahaha, the secret tracks on the new OST are the Great Gubal Library theme (which is weird, because it's 2.2-2.55) and an 8-bit remix of Titan's final theme.

Also, they decided to put the Japanese name first on this disc, which is annoying.

vOv fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 25, 2015

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

vOv posted:

Ahaha, the secret tracks on the new OST are the Great Gubal Library theme (which is weird, because it's 2.2-2.55) and an 8-bit remix of Titan's final theme.

Tell me the password please! I am either blind or dumb. :smith:

Edit: Thanks!

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Aug 25, 2015

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Stufoo posted:

83 crit is 1.9% rate. 92 speed on the antiquated is better for DoTs than the crit would be.

Weapon Damage.

I said the Esoterics weapon was better above. That quote was just me saying I wanted to get a bigger data set in my crit % tests.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

vOv posted:

Also, they decided to put the Japanese name first on this disc, which is annoying.

is the leviathan theme with the female vocals on it

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Failboattootoot posted:

Tell me the password please! I am either blind or dumb. :smith:

Apparently the password is 'ii' with no quotes. I have no clue how you're supposed to figure that out.

Rei_ posted:

is the leviathan theme with the female vocals on it

Yes, track 14. The full tracklist aside from the secret songs is here.

vOv fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 25, 2015

Space Mako
Feb 2, 2013
If I'm looking to optimize my dps as a SCH, is it worthwhile to look into i150 melded gear to squeeze out some extra accuracy?

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Coming Soon in 3.1: Hell Astrologian

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Boten Anna posted:

Coming Soon in 3.1: Nether Seer

Fixed that for you

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Does anyone have a lead on a goon static that has a spot open for a Summoner? I've seen A1S up to enrage and coincidentally have been overcome by an incredible desire never to step foot into A1N ever again.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Reiterpallasch posted:

Does anyone have a lead on a goon static that has a spot open for a Summoner? I've seen A1S up to enrage and coincidentally have been overcome by an incredible desire never to step foot into A1N ever again.

I was running a bit with some goons earlier that do, in fact. Lemme see if I can find their thread on ffgoons.

EDIT: Here you go! Go summon for these guys.
http://forums.ffgoons.com/showthread.php?tid=27387

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Been messing around with my shaders a bit more. Moghome looks pretty good with some extra glow.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

vOv posted:

Apparently the password is 'ii' with no quotes. I have no clue how you're supposed to figure that out.

With the JP voices, Haurchefant constantly says "いい" (or ii) which is where some people think the password comes from.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

TheHeadSage posted:

With the JP voices, Haurchefant constantly says "いい" (or ii) which is where some people think the password comes from.

Oh... :(

cousin.avi
Oct 1, 2005

Kithyen posted:

Ultimate endgame

Hopefully this is just user error but which code and where did you enter it? I'm getting invalid code on Mog Station with the code from the side sleeve thing.

I was thinking maybe it wouldn't be available till the actual release date but looks like you were able to redeem it.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Seibikitei posted:

Hopefully this is just user error but which code and where did you enter it? I'm getting invalid code on Mog Station with the code from the side sleeve thing.

I was thinking maybe it wouldn't be available till the actual release date but looks like you were able to redeem it.

The code is inside the little cardboard thing along the 'spine', not inside the booklet with the track listing. You have to go to this page, then click 'enter item code' and type it in there (in all caps).

e: Man I really wish these songs came with information on where in the game they play.

vOv fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Aug 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Did some patch buff the chance of getting swimsuits out of desynthing fish? I'm 7 for 7 now that I'm going back to them.

• Locked thread