Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

JaysonAych posted:

confrontational chopping

What's this from? I must know.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

doomfunk posted:

The promo video for the new Madden game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eVF9uBbuqc

boscoman
May 14, 2004

Eats like a meal...

doomfunk posted:

Just some Grace Jones flick, I imagine.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

I saw a guy do this in real life once, though he also set the painting on fire to quick-dry it every now and then and I wonder why the gif-maker skipped that part.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Not A Hero is a fun game.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

DarklyDreaming posted:

I saw a guy do this in real life once, though he also set the painting on fire to quick-dry it every now and then and I wonder why the gif-maker skipped that part.

They didn't as far as I could tell. There was a vid linked at the bottom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36lZPqL8y3Q

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

AXSON JACKSON
Feb 13, 2011

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

whats up robert de niros dad

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Ted's ghost is trapped inside there trying to get out.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
LA Noire was a loving great game and I don't care what anyone says. drat shame we never got another one. :(

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

LOL this loving game

Click "doubt" option

"I know it was you loving lying pedophile slut dog loving oval office, tell me the truth or I'll kill your grandmother"

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

ElGroucho posted:

LOL this loving game

Click "doubt" option

"I know it was you loving lying pedophile slut dog loving oval office, tell me the truth or I'll kill your grandmother"

Apparently that was because that option was originally something else much earlier on in the game, so all the lines were written/performed to be more aggressive. They changed the name of the option it later to fit into a more "neutral" position between Truth and Lie, but everything was already recorded.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Jamesman posted:

Apparently that was because that option was originally something else much earlier on in the game, so all the lines were written/performed to be more aggressive. They changed the name of the option it later to fit into a more "neutral" position between Truth and Lie, but everything was already recorded.

Even with that being the case they're still pretty bizarre. Going from having a relatively pleasant conversation to "An old hag like you knows everything that goes on" and far more extreme things in other cases is a pretty huge jump.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Garrand posted:

Even with that being the case they're still pretty bizarre. Going from having a relatively pleasant conversation to "An old hag like you knows everything that goes on" and far more extreme things in other cases is a pretty huge jump.

From how I understand it, the game had more of a Good Cop/Bad Cop kinda deal, where you tried to be nice to get the truth out of people, or you were more threatening to try to scare them into talking, and you had to figure out what approach worked best for which people. Then they decided "Hey what if we made this a detective game and you have evidence and stuff to rely on?" and that's when things started to change, but with all the money being invested in the facial scanning stuff, they couldn't really go back and redo the voicework, so they just had to figure out the best way to make it work.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008

Jamesman posted:

From how I understand it, the game had more of a Good Cop/Bad Cop kinda deal, where you tried to be nice to get the truth out of people, or you were more threatening to try to scare them into talking, and you had to figure out what approach worked best for which people. Then they decided "Hey what if we made this a detective game and you have evidence and stuff to rely on?" and that's when things started to change, but with all the money being invested in the facial scanning stuff, they couldn't really go back and redo the voicework, so they just had to figure out the best way to make it work.

someone said that the 'doubt' option was 'coerce' up until very late in development, but was changed for some reason (i think it was said that dumshits wouldn't know what that meant, but I might be wrong on that).

mentally replace 'doubt' with 'coerce' and the outcomes of picking that option make a damned site more sense.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

I dunno.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Skate was great.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Orgophlax posted:

Skate was great.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Really enjoying this gif

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Orgophlax posted:

Skate was great.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

This is what it means to get schwifty.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

AXSON JACKSON
Feb 13, 2011

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Captain Lavender posted:

Really enjoying this gif

if you liked that watch this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofnxaJUIFYg

Hihohe has a new favorite as of 05:37 on Aug 25, 2015

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Real life World of Warcraft movie is looking splendid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion