Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

That's the best I can do with Windblade. Note the sheathe on her back-fuselage bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Blackheart posted:

Chest still weird (though people keep telling me he has an alternate one somehow) but it looks good.

I remain really glad I jumped ship and went to Toyworld for my Skullcruncher needs. He's so big and chunky and fun and has been out for ages and he legit has two chest options that are both good and they didn't try to shoehorn another character into the mold.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I really liked Verity's role in LSoTW, but I think the point was to humanize the Autobots a little and to put the data slug somewhere Prowl wouldn't think of it, because i'm not certain he realized she was even there.

Granted I'm saying this as someone who doesn't really like LSoTW that much all these years later.

Keldroc posted:

If it helps, that story is basically the end of human involvement with the TFs for a very long time.
Awww, someone didn't like Predacons in China!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Awww man, Reflector is in my pile of loot and Shockwave is next month. I'm gettin' hype.

I kinda want that Perceptor too but I gotta pay the bills somehow

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I remain really glad I jumped ship and went to Toyworld for my Skullcruncher needs. He's so big and chunky and fun and has been out for ages and he legit has two chest options that are both good and they didn't try to shoehorn another character into the mold.

I'd like Toyworld's take if he looked like an actual alligator and less like a synapsid.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I'd like Toyworld's take if he looked like an actual alligator and less like a synapsid.

Yeah, I thought he looked like a synapsid, too.

Most people probably don't know what synapsids are. Even though they evolved from them! Know your roots, people. Be proud of your Dimetrodon heritage.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

They're good enough for Dinopope so Grimstone let one of them into the team.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Spiderdrake posted:

I really liked Verity's role in LSoTW

But enough about her role. What are your feelings about her face?

Next page, same scene:

Verity are you...okay? :ohdear:

Also how does this work I don't even :confused:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Got my Takasa Tony Exhaust from China today. I'm pretty impressed with the quality. It's drat near indistinguishable from a real Takara/Tomy figure.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Verity Carlo is one of my favorite TF characters and Nick Roche (along with many other TF artists) sucks at drawing humans.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Blackheart posted:

They're good enough for Dinopope so Grimstone let one of them into the team.

I can't really argue with Dinopope. :ohdear: I am so glad I found him at Marshalls for like $6. Second best Marshalls Transformers find (first was MP Skywarp for $15).

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Spiderdrake posted:

Awww, someone didn't like Predacons in China!

I thought the idea of the remnant Decepticons hooking up with nations that reflected their personal philosophies was a pretty good idea. The Predacons seemed a good fit there. But of course the writing just wasn't up to the concept in that era of the IDW comic. In the end the idea was only pursued effectively with Thundercracker.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I would have an issue with it if the G1 character's alt mode was a flawless alligator but it's just another robo-beast with "close enough" anatomy, so whatever. Fansproject's headmasters are fine but I couldn't shake the feeling that they seem a bit anorexic and wound up with serious buyer's about the first three.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm really hyped about their Snapdragon though.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ultra Magnus having Verity for his holo-avatar weirds me out just a bit. It's like, you can choose to look like anyone, so long as it's a hairless Eart ape, and you walk around looking like someone you and your buddies have hung out with. That's kinda strange, Magnus.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Isn't it a joke about how magnus isn't very creative

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Also, everyone else doesn't pick what the avatar looks like: they're automagically created based on their personality. Magnus was/is a very, very broken person and refused to use that sort of avatar.

Edit: Whirl's avatar has been the best utilized, I think.

SpikeMcclane fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 25, 2015

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Captain Invictus posted:

Isn't it a joke about how magnus isn't very creative

I'd buy that.

Also, Rodimus spent hours tweaking his for the perfect John Bender/80's Cartoon Douche Amalgam, so it's not just a case of 'ya takes whats ya gets.

How Skids ended up as two different versions of The Doctor, I hope we never find out.

E: gently caress it I hope he's Paul McGann next time. Just keep moving back through Doctors until the BBC issues a Cease and Desist

Phy fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Aug 25, 2015

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Fansproject's headmasters are fine but I couldn't shake the feeling that they seem a bit anorexic and wound up with serious buyer's about the first three.

If you still have them I will buy them, they are made of plastic but contain a little bit of magic.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

strangehamster posted:

If you still have them I will buy them, they are made of plastic but contain a little bit of magic.

Nah I sold them a ways back. More power to you, though.

qa6
Jul 26, 2006

I'll tell ya how I been!
I BIN JUNK!

Zoe posted:

But enough about her role. What are your feelings about her face?

Next page, same scene:

Verity are you...okay? :ohdear:

Also how does this work I don't even :confused:

The last two panels were actually fixed up in the hardcover edition of LSOTW (which is really good and has extras that tie it to MTMTE), so you're not alone in finding the art off. But Verity's presence makes a little more sense if you've read the Infiltration/Escalation series where her character is introduced, though if you don't like humans in TF fiction you may not like that series at all.

And I'm pretty sure Magnus uses her as his holomatter avatar because she's his only friend. :colbert:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

A whole lotta nonnef stuff. Also there's a link to a lot of auto assembly bad panel pics.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The driver side roof. It doesn't sit flush with the trunk/rear, am I right?

Blackheart posted:

A whole lotta nonnef stuff. Also there's a link to a lot of auto assembly bad panel pics.

If that actually fixes my Nightbeat's chest, that would be neat. Mine drags on the ground in car mode, it's horrible.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

qa6 posted:

And I'm pretty sure Magnus uses her as his holomatter avatar because she's his only friend. :colbert:

I was going to correct this to family, but I guess he does technically have a brother.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The driver side roof. It doesn't sit flush with the trunk/rear, am I right?

That was straight out of the box. I didn't futz with it before transforming it.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

qa6 posted:

The last two panels were actually fixed up in the hardcover edition of LSOTW (which is really good and has extras that tie it to MTMTE), so you're not alone in finding the art off.

qa6 posted:

The last two panels were actually fixed up in the hardcover edition of LSOTW (which is really good and has extras that tie it to MTMTE), so you're not alone in finding the art off.

Well I'm just sticking with the Comixology one for now, I haven't bought an actual, physical comic in a long time.

Glad to hear the art was fixed up a little. This one:

I just kept going back to and it would crack me up every time. What emotion is that even trying to convey?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Zoe posted:

Glad to hear the art was fixed up a little. This one:

I just kept going back to and it would crack me up every time. What emotion is that even trying to convey?
notcalm.jpg

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Zoe posted:

What emotion is that even trying to convey?

The shocker

Luchacabra
Jun 12, 2015

Joe Fisto posted:

Takasa Tony

Please tell me that some bootleg company actually uses this name.

I'll also accept this as the name of a guy selling knock-offs in the parking lot of a Toys R Us, out of the trunk of a rusty, white 280Z with "Police" hand-painted on the doors.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Luchacabra posted:

I'll also accept this as the name of a guy selling knock-offs in the parking lot of a Toys R Us, out of the trunk of a rusty, white 280Z with "Police" hand-painted on the doors.

Look it up on eBay, it's the company name they put on the KO MP boxes. :)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Zoe posted:

What emotion is that even trying to convey?

Dull Surprise?

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Luchacabra posted:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Big ol' Thew video about Auto Assembly and showing off his haul from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tICe5FioMw8

Edit: this is adorable :3:

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Aug 25, 2015

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

This is the greatest thing I've seen in a while.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

Big ol' Thew video about Auto Assembly and showing off his haul from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tICe5FioMw8

Edit: this is adorable :3:

He so happy. :3:

Plus Devestator review someday!!!

Agent_grey
Jan 8, 2007

Scrub-a-Dub-Dub!

The_Doctor posted:

I'll keep an eye out, I managed to get one from Orbital.

No one ever comes to FP to buy my ever shelf warming stock.

Seriously though, I mostly stick my head in here for comic talk rather than toys. Is it the price or selection FP has that leads it to hanging about? Ive recently become head of merch at my store and have been thinking about this a bunch lately.

Though to be fair in this instance I recall a lot of trouble trying to get Air raid for a customer.

Agent_grey fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Aug 26, 2015

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Agent_grey posted:

Seriously though, I mostly stick my head in here for comic talk rather than toys. Is it the price or selection FP has that leads it to hanging about? Ive recently become head of merch at my store and have been thinking about this a bunch lately.

Though to be fair in this instance I recall a lot of trouble trying to get Air raid for a customer.

I don't know if it's anything to do with you, but the Stunticons i ordered months ago keep getting pushed back, can you confirm they will arrive at all?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BizarroAzrael posted:

I don't know if it's anything to do with you, but the Stunticons i ordered months ago keep getting pushed back, can you confirm they will arrive at all?

Did you stick with your Entertainment Earth order?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Agent_grey posted:

Which FP store? The Shaftesbury Ave one has sold all out of its Wave 1 CW stuff finally , but then hasn't had wave 2 in that I've seen. The remaining Generations stuff is shelf-warming in the exact way it did in the States, with pegs consisting of Scoop, the Ammonites, Nightbeat, etc, so don't feel too despondent about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Blackheart posted:

This is the greatest thing I've seen in a while.
That's nothing.