Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a new Mobile Humble Bundle out. Alas this time they're all games by Humongous Entertainment that are aimed at very young children (like Spry Fox in Dry Cereal and Putt-Putt Saves The Zoo).

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapner
May 7, 2013

The Humble Bundle or, Help My Business Is Going Backrupt pleasegibrevenue.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Deki posted:

I'm liking Shop Heroes so far. It's basically swords and potions III but unfucked if

I've been looking for a game like s&p for a while, I got hooked on that Skinner box but can't exactly play it at work. Yes. I'd love to get a goon group for this

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I would play the gently caress out of Recettear for Android. Not f2p or pay to win, but just... $7-10, buy the game, own the game style.

Does anything like that exist?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Adventure Bar Story maybe?

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Anyway to stop the in app version of ff1 not quit on loss of focus/screen off? I'm finding it unplayable as is :(

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Wow, thanks! Wish listed until Google gets interested in my visits to home depot again.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Lutha Mahtin posted:

DeNA == Mobage :ssh:

Yeah, that's right, get ready for Nintendo characters in your latest custom-internal-HTML-rendered Japanese gacha shitshow :allears:

FF: Record Keeper does a genuinely good job of providing the fan service that appeals to FF fans while still having fairly engaging gameplay that fits the subject material (and it's not too money hungry, either). They did a great job of creating something that fits the (lovely) F2P structure with a framing device that fits the series.
:boom:

It does run like poo poo, though.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wow, thanks! Wish listed until Google gets interested in my visits to home depot again.

Keep in mind this game is VERY grindy. I got a save at almost the mid point. All I can do is grind on easy dungeons until the story finally lets me do something.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I have 4.33 in Google rewards what should I buy? I'm willing to go to 5 bucks if i can figure out how to just pay the 77 67 cents easily.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Aug 25, 2015

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Morpheus posted:

I've been looking for a game like s&p for a while, I got hooked on that Skinner box but can't exactly play it at work. Yes. I'd love to get a goon group for this

I'm playing as Rootballa, I can't invite quite yet but as soon as I hit level 5 i'll shoot anyone who wants one one.

Niton fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Aug 25, 2015

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Skwirl posted:

I have 4.33 in Google rewards what should I buy? I'm willing to go to 5 bucks if i can figure out how to just pay the 77 67 cents easily.

hearthstone cards

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Anderron Shi posted:

hearthstone cards

I'm looking for a done in one, I don't think you can use google rewards for in app purchases. Or is the game called Heartstone Cards?

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I'm looking for a done in one, I don't think you can use google rewards for in app purchases. Or is the game called Heartstone Cards?

Yeah you can I've bought quite a few pack with my fun bucks

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Skwirl posted:

I recently bought king's league because I was a fan of the flash game. It took me a few hours to beat normal but it was fun. I might suggest hard mode because it get more dungeons and I beat every fight, except a few bosses, on the first try.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Skwirl posted:

If you can find that 67 cents Space Marshals is pretty fantastic for 5 bucks.

Viper915
Sep 18, 2005
Pokey Little Puppy

Google play doesn't allow you to partially pay with credit and use real money to cover the difference. If you have $4.99 in credit and want to buy a $5 game, it'll make you spend $5 of real money.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I've got a small city called Vangoon (i am not a creative man) up and running, let me know your player Id as well

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Morpheus posted:

I've got a small city called Vangoon (i am not a creative man) up and running, let me know your player Id as well

I'm Rootballa#53440 , if you can send an invite.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Unhappy Meal posted:

Game is great, but I am utterly confused on your impression of turrets. They track slow, and if they aren't paired with something else that you've got to dodge around at the same time they're super easy to just walk circles around to kill. So never ever stick them behind a point since then the attacker gets to take them out at their leisure. Also don't stand in front of them when they die the barrel of the gun shooting out the front on death will kill your dudes.
I have improved my units and stuff a bunch and light turrets aren't particularly scary any more (especially compared to a light tank bull-rushing from off-screen while I'm distracted good lord). I haven't been invaded yet I think however, I've also been attacking people almost constantly and my score is high enough that *I* wouldn't want to attack myself (I've got two little star things under my icon, which I don't know what it means but I always try to attack people without stars or with only one so). Good dodging and awareness of ranges helps a ton as well, it's sometimes easy to circumvent some turrets and tanks if they're not placed in the middle. Cannons kind of blow, they just kind of create an exploding bowling ball lane that makes it slightly harder to get combos, and on the other hand the heliminators are pretty cool - if they miss with their bombs the bombs become mines for a few seconds, which can really make it tough to cap a base point.

I've really started to take a liking to square and triangle formations but I'm sad that the only merc I've unlocked has been the minigunner.. I can't find any documentation on the game to speak of, so I don't even know what most of the merc units are or do.. And I'm looking forward to bosses when they're added, too.

redditors all chose pink so I'm turquoise or light blue or whatever it is.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Aug 25, 2015

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Morpheus posted:

I'm stoker#31957

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

So, I had to turn off WiFi (I'm home, so data is automatically off), and let it sit for a minute or so, then I got a connection error. Turned WiFi back on, and tapped Retry, and it connected. Weird.

I have to do this every time I want to play it on my phone, and sometimes, it still won't go through, and I have to kill it and try again. However, it won't go through on my tablet, a 2013 Nexus 7 running the latest version of Android. Weird.

On the plus side, I got out of the tutorial today, and the news messages thingy had a code for the DS version of the game, and a note that the DS version could generate a code for the mobile version. I gave my kid the DS code, but there's no new thingy with a code for my kid to give me, so I guess that means for now, only Japanese versions of the DS game can get codes. Ah well.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
So the pretty good boardgame Pandemic is coming to Android in about 2 weeks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfR2lv-GNiE

hype

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

City is saladiaSA in the newest goon skinner box.
No clue how to find others.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Aug 26, 2015

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
So apparently when you invade people in Tactile Wars, they get a notification and can just hit a single button named "REVENGE!". You can also watch a replay of their assault which is very helpful and potentially hilarious if they gently caress up on the first unit you laid down.

I was playing earlier and had a choice between two crappy low-rankers at the same exp level as me named SHAKA_ZULU and *CEASAR* so I attacked shaka zulu, because who really has the gall to name themselves after somebody that badass? He was a vindictive little puke, but his bases were covered by nothing but mines and geysers at level 18 (geysers are usually terrible, they're too slow, easy to predict, and they are way way too expensive to upgrade to where they are viably dangerous) so I was able to easily beat his base, then he revenged me, now I revenged back to him...

the cycle of violence goes ever onward :suicide:

edit: apparently he couldn't take the helicopters and rota tanks (holy poo poo are rotatanks nasty - they can fire a machine-gun stream of bullets in 3 or 4 directions at once, run you over, and then they just cover the whole screen with random shots, like a loving bullet hell shooter :laugh: ) and lost his counter-counter-counter invasion.. I think I got that right? :downsrim:

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Aug 26, 2015

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

coyo7e posted:

I have improved my units and stuff a bunch and light turrets aren't particularly scary any more (especially compared to a light tank bull-rushing from off-screen while I'm distracted good lord). I haven't been invaded yet I think however, I've also been attacking people almost constantly and my score is high enough that *I* wouldn't want to attack myself (I've got two little star things under my icon, which I don't know what it means but I always try to attack people without stars or with only one so). Good dodging and awareness of ranges helps a ton as well, it's sometimes easy to circumvent some turrets and tanks if they're not placed in the middle. Cannons kind of blow, they just kind of create an exploding bowling ball lane that makes it slightly harder to get combos, and on the other hand the heliminators are pretty cool - if they miss with their bombs the bombs become mines for a few seconds, which can really make it tough to cap a base point.

I've really started to take a liking to square and triangle formations but I'm sad that the only merc I've unlocked has been the minigunner.. I can't find any documentation on the game to speak of, so I don't even know what most of the merc units are or do.. And I'm looking forward to bosses when they're added, too.

redditors all chose pink so I'm turquoise or light blue or whatever it is.

You'd think cannons are bad, but I just ran into a very mean arrangement. A cannon set back behind the point so it's rolling the ball down through the middle of the point from off screen. Effectively minigunner proofing their base. Combine this with mines or geysers and you've hemmed someone into a very harsh capture point defense. This one also had a surprise medium light tank from offscreen if you got too close to the back edge of the first point.

E: Though looks like that's just a fluke of that particular layout, kinda unfair I can't just do that too.

Unhappy Meal fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 26, 2015

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
You know what frustrating is? Trying to play Resources Game when you don't have a data plan, just wifi.

"Wanna go to Target? I can drop three or four mines there while you --" "Stop."

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

delfin posted:

You know what frustrating is? Trying to play Resources Game when you don't have a data plan, just wifi.

Yeah sorry you kinda need data for that.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Koodo (:canada:) gets me 6gb/month :allears:

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Well this is coming out

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

delfin posted:

Some games are surprisingly terrible data hogs too.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I got really excited, then I realised D3 and Wizards exclusively make terrible games these days.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Rapner posted:

I got really excited, then I realised D3 and Wizards exclusively make terrible games these days.

Yeah they are going to gently caress it up.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

Dancer posted:

hype

Awesome, I will be looking forward to that.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Man, I seriously love me some Puzzle Quest, but holy gently caress that was before there was a Puzzle Quest for every franchise. Add in mobile gaming IAP bullshit with the proto-IAP bullshit that is MTG... you've got a recipe for a really punitive game.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

The sad thing about Puzzle Quest is that while the original is really loving good and one of my favorite games ever, it's also the only good Puzzle Quest.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

MPLS to NOLA posted:

My f2p Dragon Quest monsters game invite code is QuXVnnrw, and my friend ID is 355 465 702

Well I was about to play this, but do you need to sign up for the Garena junk? It wants my phone number a poo poo, gently caress that.
edit: NVM, just used the ol fake facebook.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Drone posted:

And Star Wars Commander is real good too.

I played it when it first came out on iOS and i was very quickly annoyed when my troopers would run across the map to attack a turret while being killed by the enemy soldiers. And if you brought a mix, the guys that kill soldiers would die too the turrets, so I gave up.

Speaking of Puzzle Quest, I've been enjoying Marvel Puzzle Quest, though they keep teasing me with Squirrel Girl and Ms Marvel, but never giving them to me when I get a heroic recruit token. The biggest problem is I keep coming up against walls where the battle will at one point have enough matches be made that it destroys a full strength hero and takes another to half in one move by the computer. Its really loving annoying.

I've also grabbed the Conquest of Champions and Future Fight, but while not bad, and I have to say CoC looks amazing for a phone game, they're super stingy with characters. I don't expect to recruit someone every day, but when the game is basically saying its going to take weeks of playing to unlock one character its not very encouraging.

I think if I could have any game on my phone, it would be a straight port of an earlier civ game. I hate how they have the dumb revolutions game which makes it more arcadey and cartoony. That or Master of Orion 2. I guess those games are still pretty big for phones.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

Does it, like, download a ton of stuff in the background? Because I get the 4 Pokémon heads loading image, and then it just stops moving.

Edit
So, I had to turn off WiFi (I'm home, so data is automatically off), and let it sit for a minute or so, then I got a connection error. Turned WiFi back on, and tapped Retry, and it connected. Weird.

When you say 'automatically off' do you mean you turn it off yourself or do you have some magic thing that can do it when it connects to home WiFi? I'm very forgetful and often use loads of data allowance because I forgot to turn it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Dancer posted:

hype

That is the laziest teaser I think I have ever seen for anything. Still looking forward to it if it lets me play hot seat wherein I just play all three/four/five roles as I try to beat the board.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Koodo (:canada:) gets me 6gb/month :allears:

Unlimited data* in Manitoba for $70. :smug:

*full speed for the first 16GB then throttled.