Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

DarkMalfunction posted:

Do you pronounce it as "gif" or "gif"? Or perhaps something else entirely?

Choosy goons choose "gif"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Wikstroem
Nov 22, 2007

And now you read this in a seally Svedisch accent Jå?

DarkMalfunction posted:

Do you pronounce it as "gif" or "gif"? Or perhaps something else entirely?

Remember you either say giff and jaypeg or jiff and gaypeg. Choose wisely

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Asimo posted:

I guess, in the end in STO, everything comes back to crippling autism.

Our fate was sealed the night pulse's bot gained sentience and exposed the truth to us

[TheNextGooneration] Jizei@trillabit: Xean autism goon autism channel autism everything autism 27/7 autism get it here all autism all the time autism.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
I remember in City of Heroes, back before 'RP server' was really a thing, there would be crowds of people who found spots around the game to congregate. I ended up jumping in with a group (this was back when I had no idea what was up), and proceeded to get put 'in the know' about all the 'good spots', including some building somewhere that our nominal leader staked out so that nobody would come by and disrupt the 'roleplaying', which usually consisted of picking one of a variety of looping emotes, like sitting or dancing by a boombox, and then standing around talking about whether Angel was as good as Buffy, or slightly not as good. Or just different. And how much a new Firefly series would be So Cool.

But, when someone *else* came by, say, with their super-powers running, or saw that we were a group standing around hanging out, and wanted to talk to us like people, the conversation invariably turned to a private back-biting fest where each person tried to sound more haughty and retarded.

It didn't matter if the other person was trying to roleplay or not. I remember one time there was a dance party hosted by some internet radio whatever, and some people showed up and you know... moved around with their characters. And the conversation proceeded to go into an endless mutual rant about how they were 'crashing the party'.

So, anyway, the point is, from what I can tell roleplaying is a euphemism for 'having permission to be antisocial together in a safe environment'. It's not *just* about losing your poo poo about something like discoballs, it's about showing everyone else that you're even crazier than they are, thereby validating, magnifying, and developing trends in this bizarre community of people deliberately regressing to middleschool levels of maturity.

It's basically like Hitler's Big Lie. The dogma is that [someone, not us] is the one who ruins everything for other people. But the point is that roleplaying is *about* ruining things for other people, and being a sensitive child about every little thing that happens is only one facet of that rich and varied experience.

Roleplayers are like the Nazis in this metaphor.

Sorry for the dumb anecdote. I just really get annoyed when I remember the time I wasted with those jackasses. I remember attending a lesbian wedding where a loving cyborg married an underage alien insect. Like. They made a point out of the underage part.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

John Dyne posted:

If only they would add a fart emote with animation, particle effects, and noises.

Especially if the animation involved doing the Running Man briefly before the actual fart.

That would be the dream.

My dream is to be able to use the hologram emitters on other people.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Unguided posted:

My dream is to be able to use the hologram emitters on other people.

I just want to be able to use a clothing emitter on string bikini orion women.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

MikeJF posted:

I just want to be able to use a clothing emitter on string bikini orion women.

It sounds like what you need to do is join noted KDF fleet Space Islam, part of the NoP armada, and help tell the people on Risa to please dress modestly.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

I just really wish the STO Devs would give us the boombox emote. That was easily my favorite part of the game aside from the character creator.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Awesome. Got my Crystalline Shard, and I can't equip it. No matter what I get "This object is busy. Please try again in a few seconds." Doesn't matter if I reboot the client or not.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Mortanis posted:

Awesome. Got my Crystalline Shard, and I can't equip it. No matter what I get "This object is busy. Please try again in a few seconds." Doesn't matter if I reboot the client or not.

loving disco balls, man.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Dear Cryptic:

Quit being such a baddie.

Sincerely,

Butts

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Have the devs figured out how to kill disco yet?

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I'm also having audio problems. I don't actually bother with sound in STO, but whenever I'm in game, my speakers begin to pop every 5 or 10 seconds. This doesn't happen when watching videos or in any other game. Just STO.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Mine keeps making a pop on startup, never afterwards. I'd like to say when unfocused, but I'm not sure on that. As you say, just STO, and only recently. Then again, I only started playing again recently, and went to Windows 10 recently.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Mortanis posted:

I'm also having audio problems. I don't actually bother with sound in STO, but whenever I'm in game, my speakers begin to pop every 5 or 10 seconds. This doesn't happen when watching videos or in any other game. Just STO.

Same. Most of the time idling in social zones.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Is surround sound a toggle in the options? Try turning it off. Or any other sound simulation checks aside from regular stereo. If there's a channel/frequency selection anywhere, try 24bit 192k hz if it's available.

If neither of those things work, uninstall the game and reclaim your freedom.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Get ready for the new shitfest.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

While I appreciate the nod, naming the new ship class Klondike is probably going to go over like a lead balloon with the perpetually enraged pubbies.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Preechr posted:

While I appreciate the nod, naming the new ship class Klondike is probably going to go over like a lead balloon with the perpetually enraged pubbies.

Well gently caress it, cats out of the bag now, I am so looking forward to the new Klondike cruiser and the frozen polarons we're getting off the Breen. So many ice cream jokes to make once the pubbies get wind of this. :allears:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Druk's running a screenshot contest in memory of Eternal Disco week which I'm sure will go swimmingly.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Sadly the forums are still down. I for one blame the heavy load of autism that they're forced to carry each day.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Technical Analysis posted:

Sadly the forums are still down. I for one blame the heavy load of autism that they're forced to carry each day.

If they're down then how am I trolling the poo poo out of adding unpopular but necessary opposing viewpoints to the buff nullifiers thread right now? :smug:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Klondike bars.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

You need to message trendy or bort and get the thing butts and oats negotiated added to your account to use them during the downtime.

As for me I'm gonna go post in them right now.

Eta: posssssstttttttedddddd

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/12700913/#Comment_12700913

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Way to gloss over my animated gif I spent absolutely minutes slaving over. :(

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Aleth posted:

Way to gloss over my animated gif I spent absolutely minutes slaving over. :(

It speaks for itself

Also it is not a screen shot and you posted it in my screen shot thread WITHOUT PERMISSION thus HARASSING me and ASSAULTING my thread which is MINE and YOU DO NOT CONTROL with CYBOBULLY AND TROLE.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 27, 2015

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Please file your grievances the cyber poolice.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

hakimashou posted:

It speaks for itself

Also it is not a screen shot and you posted it in my screen shot thread WITHOUT PERMISSION thus HARASSING me and ASSAULTING my thread which is MINE and YOU DO NOT CONTROL with CYBOBULLY AND TROLE.

Hey, if you don't like it you can always just move to another thread!

You should really stop acting like this.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

hakimashou posted:

It speaks for itself

6/10. No mention of Disco or Rape, lost you a lot of points on that one.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

6/10. No mention of Disco or Rape, lost you a lot of points on that one.

If they toss in a goating accident and the FBI, they might be able to redeem some lost points.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

From the forums

" the reason why disco balls are being used like this is because a certain fleet which I cannot name is exploiting them so that girls who role play cannot go to Drozana and dance and role play and have fun. "

Has someone created some sort of sinister anti-disco ball? Designed to prevent dancing?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Well the disco ball overrides the nerve tonic dance, so yeah its pretty much rape.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Tunicate posted:

From the forums

" the reason why disco balls are being used like this is because a certain fleet which I cannot name is exploiting them so that girls who role play cannot go to Drozana and dance and role play and have fun. "

Has someone created some sort of sinister anti-disco ball? Designed to prevent dancing?

That's from LinaMia, the dude who logs on to three busty Orion women toons at once, with the nude mod, and literally watches them grind against each other for hours to music of his choosing. That's his STO experience.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Aug 27, 2015

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

"Girls"

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

DonDoodles posted:

That's from LinaMia, the dude who logs on to three busty Orion women toons at once, with the nude mod, and literally watches them grind against each other for hours to music of his choosing. That's his STO experience.

I want for the mod developers to make it so it changes animations, too, so every dance they do is the running man.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
I want a old-timey disco ball that projects 30s gangster and flapper clothing onto anybody in a radius. They don't have to dance, but god drat it, they have to make themselves decent in public.

If anyone bitches, cite Star Trek 9, the borg of borgaborg borg. Where Picard kills drones with a holotommygun.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
In forty minutes there is supposed to be a mass group photo of everyone on a Ferengi toon in honor of Nog. Not sure where it's supposed to be exactly, but I think a lot of anti-disco pubbies are going to be there, and it's sponsored by that guy who got really pissed at Dental on Risa while doing his twitch giveaway.

We all know how well these large-group pubbie events go.

Edit: DS9 at 7:30 EST

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

gently caress all that, star trek's coming back to TV.

Or at least to Amazon.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

DonDoodles posted:

In forty minutes there is supposed to be a mass group photo of everyone on a Ferengi toon in honor of Nog. Not sure where it's supposed to be exactly, but I think a lot of anti-disco pubbies are going to be there, and it's sponsored by that guy who got really pissed at Dental on Risa while doing his twitch giveaway.

We all know how well these large-group pubbie events go.

Edit: DS9 at 7:30 EST

what

did you guys crash it? I don't think it's still on, but I'll log in anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

BombermanX posted:

what

did you guys crash it? I don't think it's still on, but I'll log in anyway

They moved to a bridge soon after. Since they are all low-level Ferengi alts, none of them had nullifiers.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 28, 2015

• Locked thread