Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

noirstronaut posted:

He just glued it to a skin and then took the skin off once people called him retarded

I'm pretty sure I remember that he first tried to sand off the glue and "paint over it" with a sharpie, before putting a skin on it to try and hide it, but you could still see these three big bumps from the glue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Turtlicious posted:

So uhhh... Anyone know some good decal girl skins?

e: I'm an idiot, please help me hide my shame.

Turtlicious posted:

So that cheapo chinese case? I bought one, and it works pretty well but the nubs don't stick out enough for me. Here are some pictures.

e: Holy tables batman.

i found this in the second thread post :>

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

the truth posted:

What are you talking about? Just curious. I beat the game about 1.5 years ago and don't remember the credits. Was the final bonus scene during the credits?

The credits roll for the last Ending is different than the one for all the other endings, since it includes all the voice actors with actual character names they've spoken and so on, and the game messes around a lot with identities. It also included VA credits for young Akane, who hadn't shown up in the game.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

the LBX street pass feature is somewhat broken. I get random error messages when I load my game stating the streetpass data is out of date with the game save. I lose any street pass data since the "data" doesn't match.

I've also only streetpassed once for about 40 points so far in NYC.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
How are goons liking LBX once you get out of the hour-ish tutorial? If it has fun robot customization I might have to give in.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

~Coxy posted:

Does anyone have any ideas for stopping the wireless switch from turning itself off?
I'm wondering whether a drop of superglue would (permanently) work.

Stay away from the glue!

The switch inside has probably become unseated. Open up the 3DS and have a look.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Ragequit posted:

How are goons liking LBX once you get out of the hour-ish tutorial? If it has fun robot customization I might have to give in.

Fun doesn't really start until 2-3 hours IMO. Customization is fairly deep as you have 5 body parts, core customization (essentially the "brains" of the LBX and weapons types.

Builds are affected by damage type output and weakness. The three main damage types are pierce, slash and smash. All LBX have a weakness for one of those types depending on the EXO suit you equip.

Then you have weapon elemental damages, which temporary disables the LBX in battles depending on the element. Fire type would cause the enemy to overheat preventing them from dashing.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Overheat also prevents attacking in addition to dashing.

Ragequit posted:

I honestly really enjoy it. I expected the combat to get really samey and unenjoyable after awhile, but then I discovered that there are honest--to-god juggle combos in the game with several of the weapon types AND that you can juggle into special attack routines to deny the enemy a chance to dodge them. Those two factors combined with the Breaking Blow mechanic that's introduced a bit later (basically, getting the last enemy down below a certain health percentage and then killing them with a special attack routine guarantees an LBX part drop) have kept me plenty engaged in the battles. I made a thread for the combos/juggles I found over at GameFAQs. It's not super organized since you can't edit posts after awhile but it's not super long or anything to skim through either: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/163470-lbx-little-battlers-experience/72368508

As for customizing the LBX, you get more and more options to do so as you progress through the game. For instance, you get the ability to customize your core unit, which is comprised of CPU/Memory/Battery(ies)/Motor(s)/Auxiliary Units. This aspect is a lot like the Mega Man Battle Network navi customization system, where you get more and more pieces of different sizes/shapes that provide different benefits and you try to fit them in a grid space as best you can.

You also get parts that have weapon abilities attached to them later. Normal Grade (NG) have zero abilities, High Grade (HG) have 1, and Top Grade (TG) have two. If all five pieces of LBX armor have a matching weapon ability, then equipping a weapon of that type will instantly bump your speed rating up a tier, which is super nice for heavier stuff like clubs and 2-handed guns. Getting a matching set of abilities on matching armor seems like it might be a pain, though, unless you get an entire set of HG/TG armor from the store via the passwords posted in this thread and elsewhere on the internet.

Anyway, my two pieces of advice would be to not get bogged down on fighting every NPC you see that wants to battle and also to try out different weapons and different LBX suits to see how they work.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Thankfully there's a lot of loadout save slots so you can switch between LBX without having to tear down and build every time.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Fix posted:

Thankfully there's a lot of loadout save slots so you can switch between LBX without having to tear down and build every time.

True, but the loadouts only saves LBX armor parts and equipped weapons, not Core Unit customizations or equipped special attack routines, which is a bit of a sad oversight but not the end of the world I suppose.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

True, but the loadouts only saves LBX armor parts and equipped weapons, not Core Unit customizations or equipped special attack routines, which is a bit of a sad oversight but not the end of the world I suppose.

It sucks because doing any kind of meaningful change to the core unit and reconfiguring special attack routines are more cumbersome than just swapping out weapons and armor pieces. It's nice once you've started to accumulate a big list of parts I guess, but geeze.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Gumdrop Larry posted:

It sucks because doing any kind of meaningful change to the core unit and reconfiguring special attack routines are more cumbersome than just swapping out weapons and armor pieces. It's nice once you've started to accumulate a big list of parts I guess, but geeze.

Eh, with the Core Unit most of the time you're probably only switching out CPUs of the same or similar sizes for the damage bonus on a different weapon type, so that part isn't as bad as it could be, but it's definitely still an inconvenient oversight.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Dual wielding pistols is pretty all right.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I've been circling around 3DS for years, and I might bite before its price goes completely insane in Rus. Again.
Would this make a decent starter package?
New 3DS XL Majora's Mask edition (looks shiny, and never actually played it)
Xenoblade Chronicles
SMT Soul Hackers (I just like SMT)

Might get something from eshop. The system does come with a storage card, right? gently caress the adapter gimmick.
WTF is Inazuma Eleven? Is it like Pokemon with people of different colours?
Are there any good "mom games" in the eshop? Sudoku & poo poo?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

SelenicMartian posted:

Might get something from eshop. The system does come with a storage card, right? gently caress the adapter gimmick.

Yep, comes with a 4GB card if I'm not mistaken.

Inazuma Eleven appears to be a magical soccer JRPG

Look at the Picross e series, that's pretty good

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
If you like SMT I would definitely get SMT4 over Soul Hackers. Bigger, more polished, and closer to the SMT experience you've enjoyed before

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Sodium Chloride posted:

Stay away from the glue!

The switch inside has probably become unseated. Open up the 3DS and have a look.

Looks solid enough from the outside, though.
Ideally there will be a custom firmware to fix some of the external deficiencies in software at some point.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

goferchan posted:

If you like SMT I would definitely get SMT4 over Soul Hackers. Bigger, more polished, and closer to the SMT experience you've enjoyed before
Oh right, I forgot it existed with that digital-only release.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Atlus streamed some Legend of Legacy earlier today, here's the archive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDbJ7VxXm84

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I don't know if I should buy this game.

... Who am I kidding all my 3DS time is taken up with Etrian Odyssey and SRWBX as is.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

SelenicMartian posted:

I've been circling around 3DS for years, and I might bite before its price goes completely insane in Rus. Again.
Would this make a decent starter package?
New 3DS XL Majora's Mask edition (looks shiny, and never actually played it)
Xenoblade Chronicles
SMT Soul Hackers (I just like SMT)

Just a note, I don't know what the status of the MM New 3DS is in Russia but in the States it's insanely difficult to find. You may want to be prepared to spend a little extra if that's what you have in mind. But again, I've got no idea what the status of it is over there.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

Just a note, I don't know what the status of the MM New 3DS is in Russia but in the States it's insanely difficult to find. You may want to be prepared to spend a little extra if that's what you have in mind. But again, I've got no idea what the status of it is over there.
Hilariously, it's quite the opposite. I decided to go with a plain one and buy MM separately (saving nearly $50 on the shiny shell saying "steal me") and the guy from the store called and said I'd have to wait for a week for the next shipment of the plain New 3DS XL. Then he said they only had the MH4 and MM editions immediately available.
At least that's one of the three stores carrying the bloody charger.
Oh, and they had the special edition of MM priced lower than the common one. I suspect packaging damage, but those guys never mention it :argh:

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Aug 26, 2015

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
I can't wait for Yo-Kai Watch.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

This game looks extremely generic. Is there anything (besides graphics, obviously) that sets it apart from, say, one of the classic Final Fantasy games?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Chill Penguin posted:

This game looks extremely generic. Is there anything (besides graphics, obviously) that sets it apart from, say, one of the classic Final Fantasy games?

It's made by ex-SaGa guys and thus will be as deliberately obtuse and confusing as gently caress.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Chill Penguin posted:

Thematically it's pure fantasy, so don't expect any steam punk machinery.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

There's a free Animal Crossing photo thing to download with a code via email.

e: for Eurogoons.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 26, 2015

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

It's made by ex-SaGa guys and thus will be as deliberately obtuse and confusing as gently caress.
That's why I want it

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sakurazuka posted:

It should be said that a lot of the ex-SaGa guys behind Legend of Legacy aren't, by and large, THE SaGa guys. The director's only prior credit is a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game, game design from the guy who thought Unlimited SaGa's battle system was a good idea, and speaking of Unlimited SaGa they got that soundtrack guy to come back and make another really boring soundtrack. On the plus side, they did get the key illustrator back. The rest are all an assortment of people who had nothing to do with the franchise.

Meanwhile, series creator Akitoshi Kawazu has assembled his own team (like good SaGa soundtrack guy Kenji Ito) at Square-Enix to make the first new non-browser/mobile SaGa game in 13 years for PlayStation Vita. Legend of Legacy is FuRyu and Atlus slapping a "From the people who brought you..." on the cover and desperately hoping you don't look up the credits.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Sodium Chloride posted:

e: for Eurogoons.

:mad:

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
SaGa was FFL on GB over here right? Will I still be able to eat robot parts to become a mutant???

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Overheat also prevents attacking in addition to dashing.

I honestly really enjoy it. I expected the combat to get really samey and unenjoyable after awhile, but then I discovered that there are honest--to-god juggle combos in the game with several of the weapon types AND that you can juggle into special attack routines to deny the enemy a chance to dodge them. Those two factors combined with the Breaking Blow mechanic that's introduced a bit later (basically, getting the last enemy down below a certain health percentage and then killing them with a special attack routine guarantees an LBX part drop) have kept me plenty engaged in the battles. I made a thread for the combos/juggles I found over at GameFAQs. It's not super organized since you can't edit posts after awhile but it's not super long or anything to skim through either: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/163470-lbx-little-battlers-experience/72368508

As for customizing the LBX, you get more and more options to do so as you progress through the game. For instance, you get the ability to customize your core unit, which is comprised of CPU/Memory/Battery(ies)/Motor(s)/Auxiliary Units. This aspect is a lot like the Mega Man Battle Network navi customization system, where you get more and more pieces of different sizes/shapes that provide different benefits and you try to fit them in a grid space as best you can.

You also get parts that have weapon abilities attached to them later. Normal Grade (NG) have zero abilities, High Grade (HG) have 1, and Top Grade (TG) have two. If all five pieces of LBX armor have a matching weapon ability, then equipping a weapon of that type will instantly bump your speed rating up a tier, which is super nice for heavier stuff like clubs and 2-handed guns. Getting a matching set of abilities on matching armor seems like it might be a pain, though, unless you get an entire set of HG/TG armor from the store via the passwords posted in this thread and elsewhere on the internet.

Anyway, my two pieces of advice would be to not get bogged down on fighting every NPC you see that wants to battle and also to try out different weapons and different LBX suits to see how they work.

Goddamn I was hoping to be talked out of it a bit. Sounds like I need to give it a shot.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

If you have the hardware to stream 3ds content, why would you waste 1/2 the screen with crap?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Policenaut posted:

It should be said that a lot of the ex-SaGa guys behind Legend of Legacy aren't, by and large, THE SaGa guys. The director's only prior credit is a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game, game design from the guy who thought Unlimited SaGa's battle system was a good idea, and speaking of Unlimited SaGa they got that soundtrack guy to come back and make another really boring soundtrack. On the plus side, they did get the key illustrator back. The rest are all an assortment of people who had nothing to do with the franchise.

Meanwhile, series creator Akitoshi Kawazu has assembled his own team (like good SaGa soundtrack guy Kenji Ito) at Square-Enix to make the first new non-browser/mobile SaGa game in 13 years for PlayStation Vita. Legend of Legacy is FuRyu and Atlus slapping a "From the people who brought you..." on the cover and desperately hoping you don't look up the credits.

Why you gotta party poop, I almost bought this

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

enojy posted:

Why you gotta party poop, I almost bought this

You should because from reviews in Japan it's good. I'd be far more wary about the "real" Saga from S-E -- they will find a way to gently caress it up.

I do hope both games turn out great, though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm going to end up buying them all anyway. Assuming they come out in Europe.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm going to end up buying them all anyway. Assuming they come out in Europe.

NISA's already on the job for Legacy. Just one tiny bit of a concern, it comes out in November -- wait for it -- 2016.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I might be dead by then

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

You should because from reviews in Japan it's good. I'd be far more wary about the "real" Saga from S-E -- they will find a way to gently caress it up.

I do hope both games turn out great, though.

Where do you find reliable reviews in Japan? I always had trouble with that while I was over there, thus all my posts complaining about stupid Amazon.co.jp troll reviews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Getsuya posted:

Where do you find reliable reviews in Japan? I always had trouble with that while I was over there, thus all my posts complaining about stupid Amazon.co.jp troll reviews.

Oh, I wasn't talking about magazine reviews, I would have no idea where to look for those aside Famitsu (which gave it a good rate). I check certain English communities for people's impressions and mini-reviews of those who are living in Japan/imported the game, then try to find how's the general vibe from places like 2ch, niconico, or pixiv (if it's got a small following then it's good). Amazon JP's ratings can be good too to figure how's the general vibe -- they don't bother trolling something that is just mediocre -- it's either good or really bad.

Devil's Third got glowing reviews on Amazon JP. That's not the only way to know it's a terrible game (any video footage would be enough) but it's a glaring sign to avoid it.