Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

a cat on an apple posted:

I also hit a slump around 14k, and what I decided to do was just outright take a break for this week - next week, I'll have two weeks' worth of caps to play with. I can actually pick out quite a few reasons that contributed to feeling the slump:

1) The Class Sparks cap kind of sucks. For a game that promotes freedom of classes, it's really easy to get caught up in a position where you actually have no real options for several weeks. I have Archer capped, and with this week I could cap Kinetic, and then I'm left with just little enough to not accomplish any of my other goals - so, next week, I have to make a really lame choice between the following classes: Paladin for the class symbol, Alchemist because it interests me the most as a support and has an amazing class symbol, Witchlock because it sounds like a great alternative for speedrunning instances to Kinetic, or Slayer because being a whip ninja sounds fun as hell.

Not to mention the other four classes I have unlocked but due to the limitation of Class Sparks I just can't afford to have any interest in: Cryomancer, Lightbinder, Necromancer, and Knight. This week I was stuck in a position where I had to devote everything to finish out Kinetic, and next week I'll only really have the resources to pick one of the above. The weekly lockout on this is a huge limitation towards flexibility.

2) The instances leading up to this Prestige level kind of suck. Ignum Monastery has a random trigger for reaching the first boss, plus a general inability to skip mobs because everything auto-aggros on triggers. Syblian Heights is mostly just trash - good overall for rewards, but I personally find it dreadfully boring even for how much you can skip. Tau's bosses struck me as painfully tedious, Alakur has featured some strange bugs, and Aristel's Farm is an enforced 15 minutes of trash. This is largely opinion, of course, but I feel a lot of these instances are relatively weak compared to how much I like Kyris, Lanber Catacombs, and the god drat amazing speed-instance that is Saiban Archipelago.

3) Farming gear is rear end since the prestige scaling addition. PvP is the only thing that offers gear even remotely close to my Proficiency, and that's often times an 18-minute slog of dumb teammates not knowing how to objectives. Also, generally not a fan of PvP. :shrug:

1) On the other hand, just about every class I've played needs only one week's worth of class sparks to be viable, if you plan ahead. This is true for Kinetic, Berserker, Archer, Slayer and Witchlock. My Warlock build was basically done after ~3000 sparks; I'm just keeping at it for Volatile Curse (even though I prefer Berserker in groups) and the class symbol.

2) Oh boy, you're going to hate Avesten Tower. I like Ignum Monastery, but Syblian Heights, Tau, and Aristel's Farm are awful. Syblian Heights should have four bosses rather than two, Tau needs a different enemy type (wardens of death are so boring), and Aristel's Farm shouldn't be purely timed; it's by far the most boring adventure in the game.

3) My solution to this is ignoring my proficiency. The difference between gear that drops on normal and gear that drops on impossible is just not large enough to worry about this. I still end up with gear I can't use thanks to PvP and soloing adventures, though. Also, if possible play with goons and your matches will likely be much faster, barring CTF standoffs. 3v3 is good if you just want a mindless, quick win, but I personally can only enjoy that maybe once a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

1) Every missions shows you the average time to completion. Are there speed hackers or are they counting people who abort as having completed them?

2) The PvP arena is a nice way for quick rewards but holy gently caress is it a mess and next to impossible to tell what's going on. I was paired against a Slayer, Kinetic and Archer and spent the entire round stunlocked.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I don't think they even have statistics, it's just and arbitrary time they picked and yeah, it's on the long side if you actually know what you're doing.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

So to explain why I'm not getting a lot done in an hour or two of play..I've been B-Lining for Alchemist, and it costs on average 600ish sparks per node, with spikes up to 800. I have been focusing on one node at a time instead of just running everything. Sometimes if I am on one color and it doesn't show up on the map for more than like 100 sparks I sit there and wait like an idiot. I know that I should be farming all spark colors, holy texts, etc..but I am dumb.

Also, yes, I am getting bored of the same instances basically. They're either boring, or tedious.

Honestly, I usually kill repetitiveness in other MMOs with side distractions like crafting and playing the market. Can't do this in this game..my Order is the only distraction and it's at a point where I can't advance without more prestige for silver pommels, etc.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Not gonna fault you for that, there isn't a ton you can do and if what's there gets to samey for you there's not much that can be done and it does that. You can ask in guild chat and get carried through five mans for huge gains though so maybe that helps? I will probably play somewhat less this week but there are always plenty of people willing to help out.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Morglon posted:

I don't think they even have statistics, it's just and arbitrary time they picked and yeah, it's on the long side if you actually know what you're doing.

:stare: I just not realized I've been reading it as seconds. HURRRRR

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

BlackRain posted:

4:08 PM | BlackRain
stop doign that
4:08 PM | BlackRain
fking garbage
4:09 PM | BlackRain
fck off okay
you are soo garbage
waste of my time
4:12 PM | BlackRain
like I said
4:12 PM | BlackRain
you are fking garbage
4:17 PM | BlackRain
Mr.Garbage necromancer
4:17 PM | BlackRain
hope you realized your stupid fking skill
4:18 PM | BlackRain
and stop bothering with your retard 30m range
4:18 PM | BlackRain
or get REKT all yoru games

So I think I upset this monk in 10v10. I would just plague him after doing a player execute and just run away.

Edit: Also if you want a loving invite just get in mumble and ask. My chat messages is flooded by hundreds of old messages from goons asking for invites and even closing them doesn't help. They just appear again when I shift zones.

There are also other, friendlier(?) officers like ...

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Aug 25, 2015

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

I only invite through mumble as well. The chat system doesn't tell me when the date of each message; I have this message from Demon Trigger asking for an invite at 3:21 am and I have no idea if that was this morning or yesterday's. I was sleeping, either way.

On the other hand, if you ask in mumble and I hear it I will even go through the trouble of logging on just to invite you. That's how much I care.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Drinkfist posted:

So I think I upset this monk in 10v10. I would just plague him after doing a player execute and just run away.

Edit: Also if you want a loving invite just get in mumble and ask. My chat messages is flooded by hundreds of old messages from goons asking for invites and even closing them doesn't help. They just appear again when I shift zones.

There are also other, friendlier(?) officers like ...

you can close them by doing the browser and hitting the trash can in the contacts list

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Liberatore posted:

I only invite through mumble as well. The chat system doesn't tell me when the date of each message; I have this message from Demon Trigger asking for an invite at 3:21 am and I have no idea if that was this morning or yesterday's. I was sleeping, either way.

On the other hand, if you ask in mumble and I hear it I will even go through the trouble of logging on just to invite you. That's how much I care.

I once tried to message Drinkfist for an invite and I think each of our replies back are at least 4 days apart.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

I once tried to message Drinkfist for an invite and I think each of our replies back are at least 4 days apart.

This is the list I have on a notepad on my desktop.

Dilbert Dourden
Fish Pockets
Yap Snap
Bird Mage
Malidarn Barlow
Cherry Poppins
The Phallomancer
Not Cool
Logan Shade
Literally Yourdad <--- GOT EM
Farty Jackson <--- GOT EM
Funny Fatguy <--- GOT EM
Cupnoodle King <--- GOT EM
Langly Ayanami <---- GOT EM
Trumpous Maximus <--- GOT EM
Gas Stove <--- GOT EM
Helba Montagne <---- GOT EM
Ohrin Dearmeh <--- GOT EM
Rock Mchardslab <--- GOT EM
Alys Brangwin <-- GOT EM
Trill Talen <--- GOT EM
Aye Veriley <--- GOT EM
Boo Urns <--- GOT EM
Parallel Parkinsons <--- GOT EM
Leonan Elrorn <--- GOT EM
Shiro Ichida <-- GOT EM
Shad Barrick <--- GOT EM
Lucci Snow <--- GOT EM
Pyke Fish <--- GOT EM
Mollester Alone <--- GOT EM
Erika Desade <--- GOT EM
Ristoph Amirus <--- GOT EM
Devlin Huer <--- GOT EM
Taliya Rose <--- GOT EM
Stonewall Jack <--- GOT EM
QTMEDEA BABESIXNINE <--- GOT EM
Anime Cancer <--- GOT EM
Applied Darwinism <--- GOT EM
Zombie Princess <--- GOT EM

I have been trying to catch all of you but some of you fucks won't come out of the tall grass and into mumble. I am also lacking Ultra Balls to complete this analogy. If you are not on my list then I must have missed you in the thread somehow and still suggest you just loving get into mumble and bitch at me. I have not been on at night because of all this loving night contracts I have been catching. I have been sitting here in mumble by myself with this silence due to guild chat being fixed and no one having any more good jokes to say.

The problem with my chat is that I have about 100+ people that have sent me PMs and the whole thing has dicked me up. I am gonna try that trash can thing in the browser to see if it clears all you garbage people out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I've been playing other stuff so I figured I won't take a spot while they're still limited.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
It's Tuesday so most people have hit cap already and are waiting for the reset and doing something else or haven't hit cap and aren't gonna bother because those other people aren't around.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got kicked out if the church for not logging on in a while. I lacked faith.

This game just sits at very weird place for me. The game style I like (considering how much time I spent in Vindictus and Warframe) but it's just not quite grabbing me. Maybe it's because I decided to hunker down and get the symbol for Gunner but everything is either effortless or impossible (looking at you, that 5 person Nyad mission).

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

So I dueled [CM] The Baron while he was in perma giant litch form to see who was the better necromancer. Turns out I am.

He was such a poor sport about it he spawned firewing right on top of the entrance to the hostile lands to take me out.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

http://sf.my.com/us/news/announcements/weekly-skyforge-server-maintenance-8262015

Please be aware that the Skyforge [NA/EU] servers will be taken offline Wednesday, August 26th at 1:00am PDT (10:00am CEST) for weekly maintenance.

Please find specific details pertaining to the maintenance below:

Purpose:
The purpose of taking the servers offline is to perform weekly maintenance, continue localization support, and activate Invasions

Patch Notes
• Continued localization fixes
• Activating Invasions
• Additional Server & Portal stability improvements

Duration:
Approx. ~4 hours
1:00am PDT (10am CEST) to 5:00am PDT (2pm CEST)

Affected Users:
During the maintenance, the NA & EU Skyforge servers will be inaccessible to all players.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

We need $83.75 worth of argents for the next guild building. Drinkfist is now starting a go fund me and/or a kickstarter for this amount so we can finally start working on some server first achievements.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Anal Papist posted:

We need $83.75 worth of argents for the next guild building. Drinkfist is now starting a go fund me and/or a kickstarter for this amount so we can finally start working on some server first achievements.

No.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Yes we have scrapped the idea of a kickstarter and have gone with the far better patreon route. If everyone could support alcoholic for at least $5 a month we can have this built in no time.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

This may have been answered somewhere, but is there some way to disable other player's particle effects? Some of them are so over-the-top that I can barely see what the boss is doing.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm so loving close to Kinetic but the time I have for two missions never pop the gem type I need and the 1x missions are never populated.

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008
So my account has been banned for 100 years apparently. Where on their poo poo website do I go to talk to someone about this? I see forum banning, but nothing for the game itself.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am

Wallet posted:

This may have been answered somewhere, but is there some way to disable other player's particle effects? Some of them are so over-the-top that I can barely see what the boss is doing.

If only.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Dead on Arrival posted:

So my account has been banned for 100 years apparently. Where on their poo poo website do I go to talk to someone about this? I see forum banning, but nothing for the game itself.

The hell did you do?

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008

Kurieg posted:

The hell did you do?

Hoping its some kind of glitch, as I am not the only one that got hit according to the forums. Haven't cheated, so maybe my name offended someone. Wish they would have contacted me first if that is the case. Oh well...

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Inzombiac posted:

I'm so loving close to Kinetic but the time I have for two missions never pop the gem type I need and the 1x missions are never populated.

Erm, what? What does "1x missions are never populated" mean?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Liberatore posted:

Erm, what? What does "1x missions are never populated" mean?

The missions available to me that are only the standard reward (no multiplier) never have other people looking for groups and I have a poo poo time soloing as a Gunner.
So, every morning I log in hoping that a 3X blue mission is available and populated but they never are. It's just my lovely luck.

I have very little time to play so in the two reward rotations I can play, I am stuck to the whims of the RNG gods.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

The 2x/3x bonuses, as with other rewards, are unique to each person so that makes no loving sense. I have no idea how you're having a bad time soloing as a Gunner but that should not be happening.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I've noticed this game had these weird spikes in difficulty. There's a mission I was absolutely blazing through as paladin around like 2300 prestige. I hit 2400 or 2600 and suddenly it's clobbering time for me and I'm hitting like a wet noodle. I assume this is the ebb and flow of the game balancing the instance with whatever power comes with my prestige, but I feel like it can gently caress you over if you're not watching where you're putting points. I also just recently learned that might is bad and I've popped more than a few of those nodes and weapon upgrades. Ugh.

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

Saxophone posted:

I've noticed this game had these weird spikes in difficulty. There's a mission I was absolutely blazing through as paladin around like 2300 prestige. I hit 2400 or 2600 and suddenly it's clobbering time for me and I'm hitting like a wet noodle. I assume this is the ebb and flow of the game balancing the instance with whatever power comes with my prestige, but I feel like it can gently caress you over if you're not watching where you're putting points. I also just recently learned that might is bad and I've popped more than a few of those nodes and weapon upgrades. Ugh.

When soloing you can select a difficulty level(star/skull count) from the drop down on the mission before you launch. The game tends to select the highest difficulty you qualify for if you aren't choosing manually.[

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Reicere posted:

When soloing you can select a difficulty level(star/skull count) from the drop down on the mission before you launch. The game tends to select the highest difficulty you qualify for if you aren't choosing manually.[

Motherfucker

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Reicere posted:

Mine for some insane reason always defaults to the lowest difficulty.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

It has done that since the god form patch. You only get the highest difficulty by the default if the previous one is rated 'very easy'.

Also, might is not bad. Might nodes are less efficient than nodes for your two preferred stats, but might is still a huge contributor to your damage output. It's pretty much only worth going around might nodes when planning your class sparks and even then that will make a negligible difference.

In distortions you get purple weapons with might efficiency bonuses to bring the stat closer to the other primary stats.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Aug 26, 2015

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Oh, apparently if I do it at anything less than the difficulty it gives me, I get zero rewards for completing it. So in other words, I have to game my prestige if I want to not get beaten to a pulp. Neat. Blargh. I like this game, I do. But those sudden ramp ups in difficulty stars are... ouch.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Can I get an invite for Goofballs Goon

FunnyFatGuy
Jan 15, 2008

Goofballs posted:

Can I get an invite for Goofballs Goon

Added him, was just making him post on thread since I didin't see him in here/on list.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Reicere posted:

Are you loving kidding me.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

Are you loving kidding me.

From what I've seen, picking a lower difficulty results in zero rewards from the mission. So man up, cupcake, hope you didn't accidentally tip your prestige just over the threshold.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
There's a certain threshold when a mission stops giving rewards, but I don't know when that is since some "very easy" missions will give rewards and some won't. It says that the higher your prestige is the longer "very easy" missions will give rewards though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What I don't get:
I log in an play, let's say Port Nori, and it defaults to Hard. I play it again the next day and it's at easy but my Prestige has only gone up. It's there a hidden tier system or what?
I'm usually very game savvy but this game makes me feel like an idiot sometimes.

• Locked thread