Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong
we could be looking at a trend here.

silent generation was pretty badass. two wars, a depression and they generated so much wealth they gave the baby boomers access to a lifestyle never experienced before.

then the boomers shat everywhere, ruined everything, gave nothing to gen-x and then wondered why gen-x complained.

gen-x has surved despite boomers taking everything from silent generation and giving nothing forward, and has created the millennial, a generation of tolerance and diversity.

and that generation sucks rear end.

makes you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
the greatest generation is a myth. more people volunteered for vietnam than ww2.

lol if you idolize your racist sexist great grandparents' generation

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong
fair enough. guess every generation but x sucks

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
X gon give it to ya.

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong

theultimo posted:

X gon give it to ya.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

theultimo posted:

X gon give it to ya.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
itt a cadre of impotent piles of decaying corpulence post a quote from a powerful alpha in a desperate attempt to foil their virile workplace competitors

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Smythe posted:

itt a cadre of impotent piles of decaying corpulence post a quote from a powerful alpha in a desperate attempt to foil their virile workplace competitors

are you trying to trick me into quoting you?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
dammit

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

HellFox posted:

we could be looking at a trend here.

silent generation was pretty badass. two wars, a depression and they generated so much wealth they gave the baby boomers access to a lifestyle never experienced before.

then the boomers shat everywhere, ruined everything, gave nothing to gen-x and then wondered why gen-x complained.

gen-x has surved despite boomers taking everything from silent generation and giving nothing forward, and has created the millennial, a generation of tolerance and diversity.

and that generation sucks rear end.

makes you think.

silent generation didn't do ww2, that's why they're called silent

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

are you trying to trick me into quoting you?

:troll:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cold on a Cob posted:

the russians were the real heroes

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Cold on a Cob posted:

the greatest generation is a myth. more people volunteered for vietnam than ww2.

grandparents for me

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
i love that a bunch of old rich people managed to pillage the country and the economy to enrich themselves then convinced idiot kids to blame old people instead of rich people

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
sup 28 years old buddy

i remember 9/11 and columbine and i think very vaguely the berlin wall falling, but that might have just been the balkans murdering each other

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
boy columbine sucked for me. i was 11 at the time, and was basically a weirdo who liked computers and dungeons & dragons. so i would regularly have to go to the principal's office to explain that i was not, in fact, going to go on a school shooting

thinking back on it? if they were afraid of me doing something, u think they would have been nicer to me vOv

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i graduated hs a couple months after cbine, didnt have to deal with clear backpacks and cops w/ guns in the halls and poo poo. owned :smug:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Space-Pope posted:

boy columbine sucked for me. i was 11 at the time, and was basically a weirdo who liked computers and dungeons & dragons. so i would regularly have to go to the principal's office to explain that i was not, in fact, going to go on a school shooting

thinking back on it? if they were afraid of me doing something, u think they would have been nicer to me vOv

reminder that a guy got the death penalty for being an iron maiden fan

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

graph posted:

i graduated hs a couple months after cbine, didnt have to deal with clear backpacks and cops w/ guns in the halls and poo poo. owned :smug:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

computer parts posted:

grandparents for me

yeah me too actually, but anyway

computer parts posted:

reminder that a guy got the death penalty for being an iron maiden fan

holy poo poo and yet, i'm not the least bit surprised :\

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Main Paineframe posted:

i feel bad for the millenials, because the next few decades are just going to be rehashing everything from the 80s and 90s over and over again with sequels and remakes, because why make things that appeal to children so they make their parents buy them things when the parents are still mental children themselves who will happily drop money on the things you made to appeal to children 30 years ago

i can't imagine the hell that is growing up in a world where half the stuff in the movie theater on any given day is poo poo your dad thought was cool when he was a kid

good lord

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
all the boomer hate is really hilarious because once the boomers cease to be a significant voting bloc, gen x is going to really show the world what it's like to live in a right wing nightmare state

i have never met a single boomer that is as vocally and actively reactionary as a gen xer

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong

computer parts posted:

silent generation didn't do ww2, that's why they're called silent

i meant greatest generation but im retarded

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Stymie posted:

all the boomer hate is really hilarious because once the boomers cease to be a significant voting bloc, gen x is going to really show the world what it's like to live in a right wing nightmare state

i have never met a single boomer that is as vocally and actively reactionary as a gen xer
stymie was right

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong
no he's not and god drat it everyone is going to hear about it

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

HellFox posted:

fair enough. guess every generation but x sucks
no, everything sucks, including your operating system

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong
ygpos

your generation is a piece of poo poo

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
at least gen x can't be all fygm because they don't, in fact, have theirs

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

theultimo posted:

X gon give it to ya.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

generation x gace up before they even fought the battle. they're as much to blame as the boomers.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

duTrieux. posted:

generation x gace up before they even fought the battle. they're as much to blame as the boomers.

hypothesis: they saw the haves of the 80s and will FYGM even harder over the scraps

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
remember, even up to 2000, many even middlin tier jobs annual bonuses were salary+

hark back to natl lampoons xmas vacation where clark griswold being presented with a jam of the month club as a bonus was scripted as absurd comedy

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

give millenials their annual bonuses in doritos tacos

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
god drat millenials wanting flavor in their food

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

i'm the article that can replace millennial with "ethnic" and get the same message across

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

computer parts posted:

i'm the article that can replace millennial with "ethnic" and get the same message across

i work for a marketing agency. once a client asked the design/graphics guy to make the kitchen in an image more ethnic, but not specific to any given ethnicity.

he put a bowl of peppers on the counter. the client was pleased.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

haha stupid generation

psych! take that oldies

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

microsoft: bickering about old age and youth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

millenials are on to your bullshit.