Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Yea...this is pretty much the smartest thing I have ever done.

Randuin posted:

My coupe is a trunk and not a hatch that opens wide :(

I have a friend with the 4 series Gran Coupe and I'm jealous of the powered hatch every time.

I don't think they offer the Gran Coupe as an M4 though?

Not only is there no M4 Gran Coupe, there is no manual transmission option.

An M2 or even M235i Gran Coupe would be my ideal car - basically the 4 door e46 M3 that never existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Comrade Flynn posted:

Isn't there a 4 door 4 series as well? BMW has gone full retarded with their naming schemes.

It was massively retarded how they changed the M3 to the 4-door version and the M4 to the... not-4 door version.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Are we still doing burnouts? I decided my old tires needed to go before the race this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBnSwYyhO68

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Seik posted:

Why would she say no?! Is it the terrible safety scores, MPG, NVH or cool factor? Those are all unimportant! What's important is how loving boss they are to slide around in winter, and how reasonably sized they are. Also, cloth seats! :woop:

All of these are the right answer. You also forgot how tiny the cab is, so when you put a less powerful but very good quality sound system in there, it sounds REALLY LOUD, and really awesome.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Das Volk posted:

Are we still doing burnouts? I decided my old tires needed to go before the race this weekend.

Extremely cool and good

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Das Volk posted:

yessszzz

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Das Volk posted:

That was a thing of beauty. You can truly do burnouts at will.

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

Decisions, decisions

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Tamir Lenk posted:

Decisions, decisions

Noice.

Reminding me of the fact I'll never buy another black car; it's so dusty here it's impossible to keep remotely clean.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Tremek posted:

No, just to confuse you, BMW also makes the M6 Gran Coupe - which contrary to what words mean is actually a sedan:

Anyone got a link to that satirical article about a computerized BMW factory running amok and producing an ever increasing number of weird models and packages? I can't find it now.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

There's a certain irony that BMW at one point had the most rational and easy to understand model range and then bastardized it to the point where Porsche's seems relatively well thought out.

si
Apr 26, 2004

1500quidporsche posted:

There's a certain irony that BMW at one point had the most rational and easy to understand model range and then bastardized it to the point where Porsche's seems relatively well thought out.

I don't know why everyone is so confused by the new BMW model offerings. It's simple. The bigger the number, the more prestige. For people who couldn't afford to show off a 5 series, but were too wealthy to be seen in a 3 series, there is now the 4 series. Properly reflecting their status in society.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

si posted:

I don't know why everyone is so confused by the new BMW model offerings. It's simple. The bigger the number, the more prestige. For people who couldn't afford to show off a 5 series, but were too wealthy to be seen in a 3 series, there is now the 4 series. Properly reflecting their status in society.

How many rungs does a M badge add to the car? Is a M4 equal to a 6-series on the cock-o-meter?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

si posted:

M3 owns m4 and m5 so this is wrong

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

El Scotch posted:

How many rungs does a M badge add to the car? Is a M4 equal to a 6-series on the cock-o-meter?

What about the X3 28d with M performance package? Is that equal to the normal X5 or is it less?

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

si posted:

*Cancels M3 order and goes to dealership to lease a fully optioned grayscale 750i x drive.

EvilBlackRailgun fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 27, 2015

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Bape Culture posted:

M3 owns m4 and m5 so this is wrong

No his logic is sound but you've found the loophole because once you start molesting BMW's you completely take yourself out of the typical BMW owner pretige-o-meter and are viewed no differently as kids with huge-winged Civics.

Edit: vv si made a post/joke about the model numbers representing the prestige of the cars you see, so I was saying that yes it's certainly true unless you remove yourself from the equation by buying a BMW then swapping components or making it hellaflush because if it's not stock then you lose all the prestige among the kind of people who think a higher number just equals "better"

davebo fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 27, 2015

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

davebo posted:

No his logic is sound but you've found the loophole because once you start molesting BMW's you completely take yourself out of the typical BMW owner pretige-o-meter and are viewed no differently as kids with huge-winged Civics.

What are you talking about I am talking about the new fxx range?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

How do I assign the i range on the cock meter? Does the i8 register higher or lower than your standard M4?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

1500quidporsche posted:

How do I assign the i range on the cock meter? Does the i8 register higher or lower than your standard M4?

I8 is mad cool. I quite like the 3 even.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Das Volk posted:

Old tires are awaited in Valhalla

Excellent work. The size of rubber on the back of those cars is immense.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.

si posted:

Uhh so wait you mean this is the highest social tier of BMW'hood?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Tindjin posted:

Hell yes. The seatbelts were INSIDE the seats!

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Tindjin posted:

Duh.

8 series best series.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Tindjin posted:

I still can't get over how much those remind me of the Ford Probe.
*ducks*

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

I8 is mad cool. I quite like the 3 even.

I hate the i3 in photos, but I think it is fun and a little playful in person.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I still can't get over how much those remind me of the Ford Probe.
*ducks*

Then you've only seen them in pictures. In the metal they are absolutely nothing like a Probe. They are big, wide, long and have an awesomely strong presence. If I stumble on an excellent 840, I'd grab it in a heartbeat. I wouldn't have an 850 if you paid me, though.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

meatpimp posted:

Then you've only seen them in pictures. In the metal they are absolutely nothing like a Probe. They are big, wide, long and have an awesomely strong presence. If I stumble on an excellent 840, I'd grab it in a heartbeat. I wouldn't have an 850 if you paid me, though.

I live near DC. I've seen them irl. I don't get the two confused, but it's sort of looking at a Hyundai and seeing a modern day BMW.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Tindjin posted:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
The Z8 would be the highest prestige bmw, it's got the highest letter and number

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

:colbert:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

extreme_accordion posted:

I went from a 378,911 mile 2000 Honda Accord V6 to this:

How many miles on that? :P
And what happened to the Accord?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

God, I loving love this car.

This one too:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I want an 850.

...With a twin turbo LSx.

:getin:

superscumbag
Oct 25, 2012
This is quite the transition

Out with the old

In with the new

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

:):hf::)

Volt bros.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

1500quidporsche posted:

There isn't a better two-door car on the market right now for under $250k, IMO.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Das Volk posted:

Finally. A burnout. Tremek's really going to have to up his game at the Hillclimb launch to compete now.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

drgitlin posted:

There isn't a better two-door car on the market right now for under $250k, IMO.

F-type R coupe :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Ether Frenzy posted:

Finally. A burnout. Tremek's really going to have to up his game at the Hillclimb launch to compete now.

Buddy, they literally created, and then awarded me a burnout trophy last year. I didn't raise the bar, I loving hewed it out it manliness and burnt radials and shot it into orbit.

das volk's reaction last year - "I'm not doing that!"

(Also uh I did a burnout maybe one page ago? Go bask in it)