Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sillyman
Jul 21, 2008

BattleCattle posted:

It's matched Fae's content every time it's happened, so of course it's long enough.

Except that streams give you a warning period, which is presumably long enough to react to. I wasn't thinking it wouldn't be flagged, I was thinking it would be flagged, show you the warning, and then the song of storms would stop playing and the warning would go away. Or it would be flagged and since Nintendo hasn't set their Content ID entries to take down matches it would either do nothing or split your ad revenue.

BattleCattle posted:

That deadline would scare the poo poo out of me, and probably derail my train of thought for the rest of the stream. It's just not worth flirting with.

That's fair. I guess I'm just a whole lot less frightened by stuff like this, to the point where if the low-latency setting on the dashboard works it'll be totally worth it.

Sillyman fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Sillyman posted:

Except that streams give you a warning period, which is presumably long enough to react to. I wasn't thinking it wouldn't be flagged, I was thinking it would be flagged, show you the warning, and then the song of storms would stop playing and the warning would go away.

That deadline would scare the poo poo out of me, and probably derail my train of thought for the rest of the stream. It's just not worth flirting with.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I am a BadStreamer!

I will be doing a Darkest Dungeon warmup then probably more Shadowrun: Hong Kong, following the adventures of goon-voted Nice Kung Fu Troll!

As it is my birthday, I may in the grand tradition of bringing cakes to the office be offering a game or two out as a giveaway. Don't get your hopes up though, just as office cakes tend to just be doughnuts from Tescos (and not even Finest doughnuts at that) giveaway games will probably be a bit rubbish, but well intentioned.

I do however promise that they won't be Bad Rats.

LIVE! http://www.hitbox.tv/angrymog

Stream over, thanks for watching. Giveaway tech interesting but obviously intended for huge streams.

Darkest Dungeon saw the deaths of both Glorp the Vestal and Bruceski the Arbalest :(

Shadowrun saw us deal with a complex situation regarding payment and so on by killing a lot of people. :D

Angrymog fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Aug 27, 2015

Tiny Turtle
May 2, 2008

Hi, buddies!
Guys! I'm gonna be playing Party Hard for a while, and it's got hella Twitch integration, y'all! It'll let you summon bears or something like that! Wow! You can't miss this! Everyone who's anyone will be there!

You can find the sickest party stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/tinyturtlesa/

Also, this is still up: http://strawpoll.me/5320232/

That was some party alright.

Tiny Turtle fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Aug 27, 2015

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Mana games really are the best, so let's play some more.

http://www.twitch.tv/captain_duck

Captain_duck fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 27, 2015

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
You know what? I'm bored. Let's stream anyway. Let's play some bullet hell games. The latest Touhou first, which I've barely played and am not good at (spoiler alert: I'm good at nothing, basically).

http://www.twitch.tv/crabtanksa

Hyper Crab Tank fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Aug 27, 2015

Intl Cron
Dec 5, 2005

I'm just an olde-fashioned cowboy...
Singin' terrible songs and shooting ships in space - it's time to get Elite: Dangerous over at http://twitch.tv/IntlCron ! Come join the chat and request bad songs!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Bad streamer retreading a game in this bad stream with a bad co-commentary badly

also we may or may not be sober for this

http://www.twitch.tv/roar_sa

Stream starts in ten minutesish

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

hi im tired and i got peeps here and were playing quiplash come have fun with us cool peeps you dont need to own the game to play with us, just a browser

http://hitbox.tv/youraveragejoe

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Twitch

at 9pm CST

Let's get started in one of my favorite classic games of all time: Phantasy Star 4 with an under 10 minute speedrun of Phantasy Star 3 preluding it.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Did you ever beat Canary Mary? No! I haven't even PLAYED Bioshock Infinite!

Slur posted:

To be quite honest, nobody.

I've popped into each streamer's stream that has been on here. Once. I have got quite a bit of enjoyment from listening to some of you, but from there on, there have been a plethora of problems which discourage me from coming back. I can't list them all, but here are the most prominent ones:

1. The games which are being played are generally the ones which have been run through the mill back and forth. I've seen DOTA. I've seen L.A. Noire. I've seen way too much Dark Souls. I've seen all of this stuff constantly being played, and nothing is being added to the table. No clever interpretations. No wit. No humor. No divergences within gameplay style. It's not fun for me to see people go through the motions.

2. Everyone is trying to go for a "chill vibe", rather than have any energy or enthusiasm behind their streams whatsoever. I consider this being used as an excuse for some: it's compensation for a direct lack of charisma or a direct lack of wanting to output energy and add something to the game altogether. It's not fun for me to see people go through the motions while they're clearly bored.

3. Most people fail to interact with the audience in any way whatsoever, or (in some cases) are actively antagonistic towards their audiences or cocommentators. It doesn't exactly make me want to come back to a stream if I see the audience being ignored or antagonized, whether it's for "entertainment purposes" or not. It's not fun for me to see people go through the motions while they're clearly bored and angry.

I popped into your streams, Roar, more than once for a period of time, mainly because you were playing Crystalis (an interesting cult-classic game which isn't normally streamed) or I wanted to throw in some song requests. That, and you're fun to listen to. You're good about talking to your viewers every so often, and keeping people engaged. However, I can't watch one of your streams from front to back because I generally get bored of the "chill vibe"; there's only so much Sunn O))) I can take before wanting to listen to some of The Ramones. That's my personal taste, however, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Maybe people like that kind of thing; I personally want to see things differentiate now and then between streamer to streamer on here, so I can find something new with everyone. The same goes for most goon streamers on here: show some enthusiasm. Do something new. Be ambitious. I've been trying to do this for the past few weeks now. The numbers may not be growing, but I can guarantee I've brought a smile to one or two people's faces because I've successfully entertained them that evening.

I'm not perfect either. I want to improve. I constantly find ways to try and improve my quality of streaming. If I suck, I want to be told I suck and why (and I encourage people to PM me about my streams and offer me some constructive criticism). If things can be improved, they should be. Perhaps if we keep raising the quality of our streams, we might (hypothetically) warrant our own subforum eventually.

You sure as hell aren't perfect given the fact that you forced me to abandon one of my Persona 4 streams because you were in the call, didn't like how it wasn't professional enough for your tastes and you didn't want me exporting it to my Youtube channel. I wasn't going to risk you throwing a DMCA claim at my channel because you were in the call. The fact that you are just an incredibly asinine person is one of many reasons I refuse to even acknowledge you exist except to point out how you have treated me like trash because you have a giant e-peen and have a weird desire to be super e-famous.

METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

I enjoy putting things in my mouth.
STREAM DISCUSSION:

On youtube gaming today there was a really incredible UI where as people played HOTS in a team, the webcam portrait would hotswap to whomever was speaking at the time. Really dynamic and engaging. Any idea how they did it?

Was at Squadron gaming channel.

Hierophant
Oct 21, 2007
The easy way would be to have everyone join a Google video chat: it already does the "focus on speaker" thing, and then in OBS you can capture the browser window and just crop out all the UI fluff and stick it on top of your stream.

Edit: after looking at the Squadron stream, I'm pretty sure a cropped Google plus hangout is how they're doing it.

Hierophant fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Aug 27, 2015

METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

I enjoy putting things in my mouth.

Hierophant posted:

The easy way would be to have everyone join a Google video chat: it already does the "focus on speaker" thing, and then in OBS you can capture the browser window and just crop out all the UI fluff and stick it on top of your stream.

Edit: after looking at the Squadron stream, I'm pretty sure a cropped Google plus hangout is how they're doing it.

Awesome thanks

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know streams like the ones Yogscast do usually have a TD (Technical Director) in a booth swapping between camera perspectives, which is basically how TV broadcasts do their live stuff in case you didn't know.

Some streams are starting to do that with the more and more I've seen.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Codenames now live on stream! Board game stream!

http://www.twitch.tv/kzillatv

Mazo Panku
Nov 30, 2013

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?

Unfunny Poster posted:

I know streams like the ones Yogscast do usually have a TD (Technical Director) in a booth swapping between camera perspectives, which is basically how TV broadcasts do their live stuff in case you didn't know.

Some streams are starting to do that with the more and more I've seen.

I wish my mom would just shut up and do the technical directing for my stream :frogdowns:

Speaking of! I picked up Mega Man Legacy Collection because gently caress yeah, Megam'ns.
I've actually wanted to try to beat all of the classic Megam'ns because I haven't yet, I don't know why.
So I'll be doing that for a few, in a few, in the opposite of few lives. Because I'm bad at Megam'n.
Starting in I dunno, five or so?

MPN-001: Shitpost Man

Mega Man 1 down, but now the internet knows I'm horrible at Megam'n!

Mazo Panku fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Aug 27, 2015

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

GMArcturus posted:

You sure as hell aren't perfect given the fact that you forced me to abandon one of my Persona 4 streams because you were in the call, didn't like how it wasn't professional enough for your tastes and you didn't want me exporting it to my Youtube channel. I wasn't going to risk you throwing a DMCA claim at my channel because you were in the call. The fact that you are just an incredibly asinine person is one of many reasons I refuse to even acknowledge you exist except to point out how you have treated me like trash because you have a giant e-peen and have a weird desire to be super e-famous.

...Wow. What an rear end in a top hat.

If I've said anything in his favor before, I'm deeply sorry.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Rocket League!

http://www.twitch.tv/sa_jadestar

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Slur posted:

To be quite honest, nobody.

Lizard Wizard posted:

He doesn't like me bringing this up, but I figure there's no better time to show just how tough on chilling Slur is.

Slur was once a frequent guest of mine on stream. This lasted until a Fable 3 stream where I hosed around, farted on peasants, made pies, fathered children - all the sorts of things that you do in a Fable game to have fun. However, Slur was having none of this and kept badgering me, on call, to do the main questline, which...well, it's kind of middling at best, but it wasn't my idea of fun either. I tried to tell him several times that I'd rather just keep doing what I was doing, and he would not drop it.

Slur is no longer part of my streams.

GMArcturus posted:

Hey guys, please don't make these kinds of posts in the stream thread. Regardless of who is in the right here I don't want these kinds of mudslinging posts in this thread. Or even in this subforum as a whole, for that matter.

I completely understand why you're so cross with one another, I just don't want a community thread like this one getting sullied. :(

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Aug 27, 2015

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

We couldn't get the Emperor's finest. we'll have to make do with you lot.

Dawn of War: Dark Crusade: Guardsman diversion

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 27, 2015

Tiny Turtle
May 2, 2008

Hi, buddies!
How about we muck around some with billions and billions of stars? I was kindly given a review copy of Universe Sandbox 2 and now I'd like to see what it's all about. I'll be exploring all kinds of different scenarios, then experiment with creating a solar system all on my own. Be warned, however, brave travelers; the music is chill as hell and might mellow us all the gently caress out. Also there's a bird around that might come a beepin'.

https://www.twitch.tv/tinyturtlesa/

Yeah don't put me in charge of solar systems.

Tiny Turtle fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 27, 2015

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug
Is it okay to post... I don't know. If I'm streaming something I'm in the middle of? I've been doing these Pokemon streams and people really seem to like them for some reason*. I'm 1/4 through the game I guess (2 badges?) so maybe next time I stream, I can post here, or should I wait until I'm trying a new game from the start?

I always forget about this thread.

*I've never in my life played Pokemon so a lot of people seem to get a kick out of getting into it, even though I'm like really old.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Just post it. People will watch whatever the gently caress they like to watch.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Sure, bub! Post away!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

As a JoJo fan, I can tell you that it's always okay to link the bloody stream.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
What they said but yeah, absolutely. Knock yourself out.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

slowbeef posted:

Is it okay to post... I don't know. If I'm streaming something I'm in the middle of? I've been doing these Pokemon streams and people really seem to like them for some reason*. I'm 1/4 through the game I guess (2 badges?) so maybe next time I stream, I can post here, or should I wait until I'm trying a new game from the start?

I always forget about this thread.

*I've never in my life played Pokemon so a lot of people seem to get a kick out of getting into it, even though I'm like really old.

Absolutely!

RealSovietBear
Aug 14, 2013

Bears from Space
I don't believe there's any obligation to finish a stream game like with LPs. If you feel like people might have trouble following the game from where you left off, you can always link your video archives in your post for them to catch-up later.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug
Cool, okay, I will try to remember next time! (Half the time, I forget to change my stream title)

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
Time to rise some dead.

https://www.twitch.tv/doseku

Stream over for now.

Doseku fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 27, 2015

Tiny Turtle
May 2, 2008

Hi, buddies!
How about we check out this Evoland 2 game? I played the original but I wasn't much of a fan, but as I got my hands on a review copy of the sequel, I'm eager to dig in and see what it's got to offer. Let's take part in a slight case of spacetime continuum disorder:

https://www.twitch.tv/tinyturtlesa/

Tiny Turtle fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 28, 2015

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

Tonight on It Came From PSPlus:

I'll be taking on Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris . There will be be raiding tombs and shooting a mummy or two. It's also going to be the second Tomb Raider game I've ever played!

Hit me up at EPA_Regulations if you want in on party chat or to join in!

I'm starting up at the usual time of 8pm EST!

https://www.twitch.tv/EPA_Regulations

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Yup.

http://www.hitbox.tv/lizardwizard

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Let's beat up some dragons for a guy in hell. Nothing wrong with that. More Legend of Mana coming up.

http://www.twitch.tv/captain_duck

Captain_duck fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 28, 2015

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?

RealSovietBear posted:

I don't believe there's any obligation to finish a stream game like with LPs. If you feel like people might have trouble following the game from where you left off, you can always link your video archives in your post for them to catch-up later.

Skyrim, Wing Commander 4, and Dawn of War 2 (and retribution (also Dragon Age: Origins but ugh)are probably the only games I've actually played through to completion.

And while I did not finish The Movies, I feel like I won it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hubffHakv2g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tirsu7dA6pI

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Brütal Legend: Rock all night (or day, depending on your availability)

http://www.twitch.tv/roar_sa

Stream starts in like eight minutesish

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sonic Adventure!

http://www.hitbox.tv/lizardwizard

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.
Gonna be replaying some MGS1 tonight. Come join in the nostalgia trip pre-MGSV HERE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Lizard Wizard posted:

Except the point of his post was to try and paint the style he doesn't like as inferior. Chill streaming is just a crutch for non-charismatic people. Playing popular games is a thing only witless, monkey-see monkey-do apes would do. Your stream has no worth unless you're an entertainer. CHILLING IS FOR THE WEAK. YOUR FAILURE TO REQUEST THE RAMONES IS YOUR FAILURE TO RETAIN MY VIEWERSHIP.

YOU DO NOT PLEASE ME. CHANGE.

Whoa, you're getting mad about streams, you know what happens when people get mad about things.

Artix posted:

pretty much anything Nintendo has made ever is out
Fixed that for you. Unless Nintendo forgot about it, it's probably going to be there.