Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
If any goons are 15+, I've got room in my 12 slot city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A couple of games are on sale in the Play Store including Geometry Wars 3, Heroes of Might & Magic 3 HD, Hitman GO, Kingdom Rush Origins and Dragon Quest V .

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 28, 2015

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I nabbed hitman go because I've wanted to play it for ages but couldn't justify paying more than a soda's worth of money for it.

Checking out HOMM because I cannot own it on enough convenient platforms.

edit: incompatible with all my devices. I guess I'm a caveman with my S3 :(

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

coyo7e posted:

edit: incompatible with all my devices. I guess I'm a caveman with my S3 :(

I think HOMM is tablets only.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Do we have a Walking Dead faction?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Hook me up for shop heroes at poobs#81654

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
After playing through and almost getting 100% on Lara Croft GO (Just two achievements, which I don't really care about. All outfits unlocked though.), I guess I should pick up Hitman GO, huh?

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Len posted:

Do we have a Walking Dead faction?

I'd be up for making one if I can get enough food in time.

e: I've made it, post your account code (tap your name in the top right) and I'll invite you.

Seems Walking Dead is balanced to not let you progress quickly, so you do some battles (reminiscent of the Marvel: Avengers Alliance game), hit a brick wall, then you play some farmville, replay older levels and do some raids for resources, and train up some characters to feed to your main team.

As for raid defence, I'm having better luck by using a team of whatever my strongest trait is, either by character stats or weapons stats. Killing things in the game seem pretty reliant on the rock-paper-scissors theme, so unless they bring a team of hard counters of your team you'll hold out longer.

I could be totally off base here so correct me if I'm wrong.

Geektox fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Aug 28, 2015

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Only level 3 so far in Walking Dead, so not sure if I can join but my code is DGX-HCW-NBH

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Roid666 posted:

Only level 3 so far in Walking Dead, so not sure if I can join but my code is DGX-HCW-NBH

It says invalid code :( AFAIK there's no level requirement though I don't know if there's some sort of progression requirement

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Hmm wonder if there are different regions?

I'm in brantley(en). Looks like you can swap in options? So where we all going to roll?

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Ah that explains it, I'm in Calhoun(en). I'm kinda hesitant to switch at this point tho :(

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Hmm that's not in my list ;[ Wonder if it's because I'm in the UK?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Onean posted:

After playing through and almost getting 100% on Lara Croft GO (Just two achievements, which I don't really care about. All outfits unlocked though.), I guess I should pick up Hitman GO, huh?

Is the game that short? Maybe I'll wait until it goes on sale then.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Niton posted:

Invited, we sort of exploded from 5 to 7 instantly.

I just got a 200k gold achievement and bought an 8th slot. :v:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Hey goons, to stop us all pooping up the thread with invite requests and such for Shop Heroes, I've created a google spreadsheet and added myself as an example. Just put in your SA username and game id and if anyone wants to put someone in their town, just check out the list.

Kid
Jun 18, 2004

Gotcha

Geektox posted:

e: I've made it, post your account code (tap your name in the top right) and I'll invite you.

Code BRQ-YCW-QYV
Region Bacon if that matters

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Geektox posted:

Seems Walking Dead is balanced to not let you progress quickly, so you do some battles (reminiscent of the Marvel: Avengers Alliance game), hit a brick wall, then you play some farmville, replay older levels and do some raids for resources, and train up some characters to feed to your main team.

As for raid defence, I'm having better luck by using a team of whatever my strongest trait is, either by character stats or weapons stats. Killing things in the game seem pretty reliant on the rock-paper-scissors theme, so unless they bring a team of hard counters of your team you'll hold out longer.

I could be totally off base here so correct me if I'm wrong.

Sure yeah loving the raiding in this
Account code - BRB-QGQ-WVY

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Amazon has added a bunch more games to their 'absolutely free' thing.

Though some people have raised a point that I think has some merit: that some of the 'absolutely free' apps still have pop-up unskippable video ads. Which makes them arguably no longer 'absolutely free' since you're paying with your time and attention (and possibly data plan) rather than money. So free-buyer beware, read the reviews for each app, etc.

Also the UI needs some work. Browsing through the 'see all' list of free games, I'll find something to download on page 8, and then when I back-button to the list it's all the way back on page 1 instead of remembering where I left off. The app seems a bit insistent on creating shortcuts to subsections ("Create a desktop shortcut to games!" >no "Okay well, it's there in the options if you want it later! Just saying." >ok) and pops up app updates on every launch.

All of that said... there's Punch Quest. I will forgive a lot of sins for something that has Punch Quest.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Is the game that short? Maybe I'll wait until it goes on sale then.

Yeah, it's fairly short. Not bad, and I don't regret using my survey bux for it. 41 levels, but they don't really get very difficult. It took me maybe 3-5 hours I wanna say?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Onean posted:

Yeah, it's fairly short. Not bad, and I don't regret using my survey bux for it. 41 levels, but they don't really get very difficult. It took me maybe 3-5 hours I wanna say?

That seems fair enough since at the start I was a little worried that you could blast through it in about an hour like Monument Valley. Square Enix Montreal were also pretty good with adding extra chapters to Hitman GO so I'm hopeful they'll do the same with LCG.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, that's my hope too. What's there is good, and there's easily more that can be added to make it great.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

mrkillboy posted:

I think HOMM is tablets only.
Doesn't like my tablet either.. Although it's getting pretty old now :(

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

for walking dead my region is bacon (en) and my code is wvxvqbbnd

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Apparently note edge can't play walking dead.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Len posted:

for walking dead my region is bacon (en) and my code is wvxvqbbnd

Kid posted:

Code BRQ-YCW-QYV
Region Bacon if that matters

socialsecurity posted:

Sure yeah loving the raiding in this
Account code - BRB-QGQ-WVY

Seems like regions does matter because it's saying invalid code on all three of these. It's baffling that they think their game can support a population on so many servers. Seems the primary benefit of factions is being able to bring an extra guy on missions so maybe joining an active pub guild would be the way to go.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

i dont see your region in the list either. how many bacon players ww got? I can maybe get one started there.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Question on the Shop Heroes. How do I get my ID on this anyways? I see my android and other ID but it doesn't appear in the same format.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Len posted:

i dont see your region in the list either. how many bacon players ww got? I can maybe get one started there.

For FWIW I don't think the list is alphabetized beyond the first letter, Bacon was at the end of the B list for me

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Malek posted:

Question on the Shop Heroes. How do I get my ID on this anyways? I see my android and other ID but it doesn't appear in the same format.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Thanks, I'll add myself to the spreadsheet

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I made a faction on Bacon (en).

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Malek posted:

Thanks, I'll add myself to the spreadsheet

Speaking of the spreadsheet, maybe we should have our cities listed separately with the name of the town, the amount of vacancies, and such?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Is there a trick to getting red dudes in Walking Dead? I can't seem to scrape up any.

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.

Deki posted:

Speaking of the spreadsheet, maybe we should have our cities listed separately with the name of the town, the amount of vacancies, and such?

I think that's a good idea. I wish there was a way to preview a city before you accept an invite. I don't want to join one that has fewer people/less upgraded than the one I'm currently in. Maybe I get to take my building with me? I dunno.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Trampus posted:

I think that's a good idea. I wish there was a way to preview a city before you accept an invite. I don't want to join one that has fewer people/less upgraded than the one I'm currently in. Maybe I get to take my building with me? I dunno.

Basically if you put 10k gold into a building, when you leave a town, that 10k will be subtracted from the town. When you join a new city, that 10k value will follow you to the new city. Your contributions follow you.

Also I'd be willing to take you in if you're 15+, anything less than that and the whale in my city will probably object.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
I'm finding it takes a long time to level up. Any tips to do it faster?

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Len posted:

Is there a trick to getting red dudes in Walking Dead? I can't seem to scrape up any.

I had the same problem, I ended up rolling with my free coins and got Rick who's a red dude but he's the only one.

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.

Deki posted:

Basically if you put 10k gold into a building, when you leave a town, that 10k will be subtracted from the town. When you join a new city, that 10k value will follow you to the new city. Your contributions follow you.

Also I'd be willing to take you in if you're 15+, anything less than that and the whale in my city will probably object.

Thanks for the info. I'm only 9 right now so I'll tough it out with my current town. Is someone here in Murdertown? I got an invite to join.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Len posted:

they're called native americans