Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Crashbee posted:

Satellite Reign's just come out of EA with a 20% discount if anyone was waiting for that.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/268870/

yessss. Just gotta give it a few days for decent reviews and bugfixes and then it's all miiiine, precioussssss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

My Dog is named Tony Tony Chopper.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/gamelab2021/
Does it have online play?

Orv
May 4, 2011
No, no strokes are a single player affair.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
Back on the Steam hardware pre-order and Rocket League, there were some people salty about not getting it when they had pre-ordered hardware earlier. I was too, but then when looking around the store for info on whether I would still be getting a copy or not I saw that I now owned Rocket League. So I guess it's that way for everyone? Seems like the perfect game to play on the couch with a Steam Link.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
I was looking into the Steam Link today for the first time, as the price is not that bad at all, and it looks great.

Does anyone know if it can be hooked directly up to the PC though, instead of having to be hooked to the network? My computer is wired straight to my router, by a 50 ft cable, and the link would require another 50 ft cable if I wanted to wire it too.

I've always been really bad with networking stuff.

EDIT: I've seen some things around saying I could do it if I use a crossover cable, but I just wanted to make sure before I bought the link, and found out it doesn't work.

ScentOfAnOtaku fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Aug 28, 2015

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
Alternately you could set up a switch near your pc, and connect the 50 ft cable to that, and then use shorter UTP cables to connect the PC and Steam Link. That'd require you to get a switch and 2 (smaller) extra cables though.

Not sure about a direct cable... does your PC network card have two slots?

EDIT: vvv Yeah, I meant a switch obviously.

Griefor fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Aug 28, 2015

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Do not buy a hub in TYOOL 2015. You want a switch (or a multi port router, as the case may be).

E: ^^^ obvious to those who know, but not everyone does I guess :D

Digital Jesus fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Aug 28, 2015

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

I was looking into the Steam Link today for the first time, as the price is not that bad at all, and it looks great.

Does anyone know if it can be hooked directly up to the PC though, instead of having to be hooked to the network? My computer is wired straight to my router, by a 50 ft cable, and the link would require another 50 ft cable if I wanted to wire it too.

I've always been really bad with networking stuff.

EDIT: I've seen some things around saying I could do it if I use a crossover cable, but I just wanted to make sure before I bought the link, and found out it doesn't work.
Just get a cheap switch and hook your router/PC/Steam Link to it and save yourself a fuckload of trouble. You can get a gigabit switch for less than :20bux:.

E: you don't even have to agonize over crossover cables; just get any Ethernet cable and hook all your poo poo to the same switch

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
Awesome, that helps about quite a bit, I figured I'd get a great answer here.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Robotic Accolade posted:

This is from awhile back, but I just wanted to say, in the current One Piece spirit of the thread:

That's right, I too have done it.

I too have become...

a God of Tittay

:wink:
:wmwink:

Dude, awesome! :toot:

Fawf posted:

This will never be a thing, you will never make this a thing

Well, don't you have egg on your face?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
CoH2 remains the only game I've ever played that tries to push the narrative that Hitler was right. That we should have looked up to the German army for it's efficiency and kindness, and how all it's soldiers were just doing their job. That the fact them evil dirty ratlike Russians beat the Germans on the Eastern Front with their cheap tactics is one of the greatest travesties of the war. And all this happens in the "Russian" campaign of CoH.

It's the most baffling game I've ever played basically, and I have no idea how it got past any sort of editing/QA.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
It was done during Putin's scouring of Russian academia and outright neo-nationalist propaganda, so...

King Keltair
Jul 16, 2001

Missed out on the One Piece, but if anyone wants one of the Just Cause 2s I was talking about for free, go ahead and add me:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/keltair/

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Seeing more games that portray Germans in the war as actual humans instead of cartoon villains would be cool, though. Nazis were a terrible group of people but you could make a lot of interesting stories about individual people and/or the way perfectly normal humans can commit terrible atrocities without glorifying the actual ideology.

Shame about CoH 2 though, the first game was pretty rad from what I played it.

aba
Oct 2, 2013
This is one Phantomly Painful ad to watch. I've never played any MGS or anime games and this video is not one to make me change that. And not having subtitles is probably a good thing.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

aba posted:

This is one Phantomly Painful ad to watch. I've never played any MGS or anime games and this video is not one to make me change that. And not having subtitles is probably a good thing.

That ad is great and I'm sorry about your crippling inability to experience fun.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

aba posted:

That was a good ad and i hope one day you too can experience joy in your life

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
Metal Gear games can have some very good and fun commercials. Like this one for Revengeance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHxF-frPaxs

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Kanfy posted:

Seeing more games that portray Germans in the war as actual humans instead of cartoon villains would be cool, though. Nazis were a terrible group of people but you could make a lot of interesting stories about individual people and/or the way perfectly normal humans can commit terrible atrocities without glorifying the actual ideology.

Shame about CoH 2 though, the first game was pretty rad from what I played it.

They did that just fine in CoH1 though! They had some German campaigns that focused on individual soldiers rather then ideology, and the majority of Germans you met were alright people, just in a bad place.

In CoH2 it goes waaaay past that into glorifying everything about the Nazi state, that's the problem.

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all

aba posted:

H-h-humour?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Bamford Brownstone posted:

Metal Gear games can have some very good and fun commercials. Like this one for Revengeance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHxF-frPaxs

Haha holy poo poo this is stupidly amazing.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

aba posted:

This ad is good and I don't know what you're talking about

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG-nhabuApM

The Arkham Knight one they had is great. They're so enthusiastic. :allears:

Orv
May 4, 2011

monny posted:

H-h-humour?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgAImk7PCf0

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

People posting Steam profiles for no reason? well ok

http://steamcommunity.com/id/youraveragejoe

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG-nhabuApM

The Arkham Knight one they had is great. They're so enthusiastic. :allears:

The best thing about Arkham Knight in Japan is that Scarecrow keeps getting romanized into Skarcraw.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
So I didn't get in on the free/cheap copies of the One Piece game, but I wanted to ask if it's worth getting when it goes on sale. The trailer for it looked pretty good, and it sounds like it's a pretty good port.

For reference, I haven't played any of the Dynasty Warriors games before. I bought Dynasty Warriors 8 on Steam, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet. Would that serve as a good indicator whether or not I'd like the One Piece game?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

All those games are incredibly similar. Dynasty Warriors 8 will tell you pretty much everything you need to know about any of the others.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Drifter posted:

yessss. Just gotta give it a few days for decent reviews and bugfixes and then it's all miiiine, precioussssss.

I would not that all they've been doing for the past few weeks or more is bugfixing. The game has been content-complete for a while now so it's all been polish.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

bonds0097 posted:

I would not that all they've been doing for the past few weeks or more is bugfixing. The game has been content-complete for a while now so it's all been polish.

I believe it, but we both know what happens at release. New bugs are found, some of them big.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

A little late thank you to Digital Jesus for gifting me that anime pirate game from the price error genre, the best genre on Steam.

King Keltair
Jul 16, 2001

Max Wilco posted:

So I didn't get in on the free/cheap copies of the One Piece game, but I wanted to ask if it's worth getting when it goes on sale. The trailer for it looked pretty good, and it sounds like it's a pretty good port.

For reference, I haven't played any of the Dynasty Warriors games before. I bought Dynasty Warriors 8 on Steam, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet. Would that serve as a good indicator whether or not I'd like the One Piece game?

Yeah, that will serve fine to see if you like the series. Only genre I can think of as similar is maybe a Diablo-like ARPG on easy mode, if it was reconfigured as 3rd person action.

They all follow the same formula - you run around on a battlefield slaughtering thousands of dudes and winning a battle entirely by yourself. It's a good series for turning off your brain and blowing off some steam, as they're not exactly challenging. Of course it's always better with friends on the couch or over vent.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Azran mentioned the original Company of Heroes having issues in widescreen. I just fired it up for the free weekend and it seems to be fine in this regard, what's the issue?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Drifter posted:

Yeah, igni seems to work the best if there are only one or two, but before that I have to roll like a punk and aard them and insta-execute the ones that get knocked down.

It's so haaaaaaaarrrrd.

Maybe go do something less hard? There's a lot of opportunity out there and you don't need to hit your head against a wall doing it. Head in the opposite direction for a while.

Generally I try to take my time (except with werewolves) and use every advantage that I can get, from oils, through potions. In the more desperate fights, lots of rolling, igni and quen to whittle down adds.

Witcher 3, Batman and Shadows of Mordor really can make you work, but the payoff is incredible.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

To all the people messaging me begging for One Piece.

The answer is no.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Infinitum posted:

To all the people messaging me begging for One Piece.

The answer is no.

If they want One Piece, they should set sail for the Grand Line, just like everyone else

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So they announced an expansion to This War of Mine but...it's PS4 exclusive? Is this a thing now with PC games that get console releases?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I finally got around to beating Gunpoint last night. I was going to do a write-up of it, but then I checked my friend list and saw that 112 of my friends have it and every single one has played it.

So... yeah. Play Gunpoint if you have it, or get it if you don't. It only takes 2-3 hours to beat, has a level editor and Workshop support, and some really, really great writing.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Azran mentioned the original Company of Heroes having issues in widescreen. I just fired it up for the free weekend and it seems to be fine in this regard, what's the issue?

They did some engine upgrades when they added Steamworks integration a while back (it originally used Gamespy for online play I think), might have fixed it up then - I remember when I replayed it early this year/late last year it ran perfectly fine as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Morter posted:

Dude, awesome! :toot:

Well, don't you have egg on your face?

never happier to be wrong

• Locked thread