Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Well that didn't last long
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081448

Disabling automatic updates is a feature yet again!
:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

theultimo posted:

to be clear, this automatic update disabling is just for store apps, not for os patches

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

shadow puppet of a posted:

win 10 context menus unified in th2 10532? my heart is broken

i would have loved to have seen all those teams get together and fight for their hideous implementation to be the default

what the heck is a th2 10532 ???

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ludwig van Halen posted:

preview version of a future build (the rtm build is 10240)

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

univbee posted:

to be clear, this automatic update disabling is just for store apps, not for os patches
it's probably because when they update those apps (or install new ones silently) it resets your privacy settings to allow that app full access

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

univbee posted:

preview version of a future build (the rtm build is 10240)

My MacBook Air has version 10.10.5 of the OS X operating system. Is it kind of like that?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ludwig van Halen posted:

My MacBook Air has version 10.10.5 of the OS X operating system. Is it kind of like that?

Not quite, as build 10532 is almost certainly not something that will be made public. Some future version (let's say 10800 as an example) will incorporate the changes in 10532 as well as additional ones, and should be more stable than 10532. I think 10.10.5 is getting a public release with no major changes soon, Apple just trickles it out (I might be wrong about this).

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Ludwig van Halen posted:

It's basically the current published build, kinda like how debian does it

Preview fast is the unstable branch, newest versions but def buggy

Preview slow is testing branch, newer then the release but has been bug fixed a bit

Release is the stable branch, least amount of bugs but no new features.

And the ltsb branch is the backports: Solid under any circumstances, but lean on features.

...in theory.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

univbee posted:

Not quite, as build 10532 is almost certainly not something that will be made public. Some future version (let's say 10800 as an example) will incorporate the changes in 10532 as well as additional ones, and should be more stable than 10532. I think 10.10.5 is getting a public release with no major changes soon, Apple just trickles it out (I might be wrong about this).

:psypop:

theultimo posted:

It's basically the current published build, kinda like how debian does it

Preview fast is the unstable branch, newest versions but def buggy

Preview slow is testing branch, newer then the release but has been bug fixed a bit

Release is the stable branch, least amount of bugs but no new features.

And the ltsb branch is the backports: Solid under any circumstances, but lean on features.

...in theory.

:psyboom:

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Ludwig van Halen posted:

yes

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Ludwig van Halen posted:

threshold two, build number 10,532

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

anthonypants posted:

threshold two, build number 10,532

a terribleness beyond threshold

i call it

threshold two

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

univbee posted:

close, 10.10.5 is just the version but they released build 14F27 as it

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Beeftweeter posted:

a terribleness beyond threshold

i call it

threshold two

Is that where warp 10 turns people into lizards?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shaggar posted:

wmp is good

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

theultimo posted:

Is that where warp 10 turns people into lizards?

WARP11.2 apparently just turns people into idiots

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

theultimo posted:

Then again, who has an optical drive available? The only one I have I an external and it's only used like 2 times a year

thanks steve, now jus tto wait for usb to die

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

it's probably because when they update those apps (or install new ones silently) it resets your privacy settings to allow that app full access

lmao

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

carry on then posted:

agreed, rogue beer should be poured into the trash

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

theultimo posted:

Then again, who has an optical drive available? The only one I have I an external and it's only used like 2 times a year

same

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

theultimo posted:

Microsoft is such an embarrassing company, god drat.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
If you remember Windows update for business
http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/04/announcing-windows-update-for-business/

They just had a conference explaining it. It's coming this year.
http://microsoft-news.com/windows-update-for-business-is-coming-this-year/

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

theultimo posted:

quote:

You just received Windows 10 for FREE and have a problem with a $15 DVD functionality enhancement? Please. You can't have everything for free, nor should you.

i like that they still haven't realized windows 10 is $120+, they just have a limited-time free upgrade promotional offer tied to their hardware. it wont be free anymore when they upgrade their computer, unless they subject themselves to being "windows insider" preview-build guinea pigs

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

i like that they still haven't realized windows 10 is $120+, they just have a limited-time free upgrade promotional offer tied to their hardware. it wont be free anymore when they upgrade their computer, unless they subject themselves to being "windows insider" preview-build guinea pigs
[/quote]

Being a preview build pig is the dream job of everyone who willingly uses windows

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Being a preview build pig is the dream job of everyone who willingly uses windows

I can only speak for myself, but I thought our dream job lay more in the realm of wrestling the US women's soccer team in a kiddie pool filled with baby oil. Beta testing Microsoft products barely cracks my top 3.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

master chief collection everyone

http://i.imgur.com/G8PtSV7.gifv

Triglav posted:

but windows 10 with bing is only $60

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

PleasureKevin posted:

master chief collection everyone

http://i.imgur.com/G8PtSV7.gifv

some serious sam poo poo

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

is a ron paul liberty dollar shooting a gun

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

:staredog:

it's supposed to be the same character :ssh:

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELuWyTvEmdI

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
the real reason why most UE3 games had (space) marines was that they couldn't handle hair at all

that's proof positive

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

TerminalRaptor posted:

:staredog:

it's supposed to be the same character :ssh:

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELuWyTvEmdI

COG breeding program prioritizes extreme sexual dismorphism, maybe they're just trying to play that up

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

in the video when showing the before/after they have her sandwiched between two of the male characters and their updates still have the same general bone structure and direction. meanwhile the narratoin is talking up hw they wanted to stay true to the characters, even as onscreen the beleagured military lady is turned into a made-up sexpot

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

duTrieux. posted:

in the video when showing the before/after they have her sandwiched between two of the male characters and their updates still have the same general bone structure and direction. meanwhile the narratoin is talking up hw they wanted to stay true to the characters, even as onscreen the beleagured military lady is turned into a made-up sexpot

you're being very sex-negative in this post

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

at the date posted:

you're being very sex-negative in this post

http://www.theonion.com/video/michael-bay-gives-fans-sneak-peek-at-ninja-turtles-36528

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
the iconic chainsaw

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol this is the most well crafted thing the onion has ever done

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

"The Rebel"

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

that's why microsoft is cool again

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

duTrieux. posted:

are we talking about gears of war or halo???????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

anthonypants posted:

are we talking about gears of war or halo???????

• Locked thread