Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dahn
Sep 4, 2004
Trumps says something nice about his Sister, Jeb soars to 7% in the polls.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/28/jeb-bushs-campaign-shames-donald-trump-for-praising-pro-choice-sister/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Dahbadu posted:

It is quite possible to make something of yourself without going to college. It's just much harder, your fields will be limited, and you have to stand on your own merit and be proactive. However, based off the posting quality of many on this thread, I think many of you will need that bullet point on a resume to stand a chance, so please spend 4-8 years of your parent's money (or go into debt) getting that bullet point.

god you suck so loving much

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Boosted_C5 posted:

How do you get a gang tag?

you just copy the url and change your av

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

http://www.c-span.org/video/?327791-5/martin-omalley-democratic-national-committee-summer-meeting

Martin O'Malley gives one HELL of a speech at the DNC summer meeting about the lack of Democratic party debates. Excellent rhetoric. Inspiring.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

blue squares posted:

http://www.c-span.org/video/?327791-5/martin-omalley-democratic-national-committee-summer-meeting

Martin O'Malley gives one HELL of a speech at the DNC summer meeting about the lack of Democratic party debates. Excellent rhetoric. Inspiring.

i'll vote for him when he gets those dumbass buck teeth fixed, yikes. he's an old prospector whistle going on

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Something Else posted:

i'll vote for him when he gets those dumbass buck teeth fixed, yikes. he's an old prospector whistle going on

You're right, that IS what's really important here

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Are they stupid or just desperate? There is 0 chance that this actually sticks to him.

No one is going to condemn a man for thinking highly of his family.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Brannock posted:

Are they stupid or just desperate? There is 0 chance that this actually sticks to him.

No one is going to condemn a man for thinking highly of his family.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

blue squares posted:

I've been following so much of the republican primaries its weird to see US style politics where the guy at the podium isn't a gigantic racist plutocrat.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

awesmoe posted:

You're right, that IS what's really important here

I'm just saying, file those fuckers down if you're trying to step on the national stage

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Well done.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

quote:

"My sister's great," said Trump. "I have a sister who's on the court of appeals."

"She'd be a good Supreme Court justice?" asked Halperin.

"I think she'd be phenomenal," said Trump. "I think she'd be one of the best. But frankly, we'd have to rule that out."

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

what the gently caress Rudy. Photoshop?

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

holy gently caress look at Giuliani

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
oh man Bush family photos are such an awesome thing

Jeb quit clownin' around

"What the hell is that?! What the hell is that? What's that danged thing doing here! How did that get here? What the hell is that?!"

Jeb quit loving clowning around

just fuckin' look at W in this one

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

"Don't worry guys, I'm pretty sure we can just stuff the genie back in the bottle with enough money."

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

trump will easily win the meme wars this cycle

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Detroit News did a fun breakdown of the big money being paid into Republican Super PACs.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2015/08/28/super-pacs/71290018/

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Boosted_C5 posted:

How do you get a gang tag?

midnightclimax posted:

you just copy the url and change your av

Yeah just copy/paste the two image url's into the text space in the new avatar window. You can still load the normal avatar image the old way as well. It'll let you preview it first, to be sure.

code:
[img]http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/74/0f/00095706.0001.jpg[/img]
[img]http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/74/0f/00095706.0002.jpg[/img]

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Detroit News did a fun breakdown of the big money being paid into Republican Super PACs.

Scott Walker is definitely a universal truckload alright.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So this is fun. Quinnipiac's poll of the primaries got the favorability/unfavorability numbers on the candidates among members of their party. (The favorability of the Democratic candidates with Democrats and Republicans with Republicans)

fav/unfav % among Dems:

Biden 83/6% for +77%
Clinton 76/11% for +65%
Sanders 54/8% for +46%
Webb 11/10% for +1%
O’Malley 12/13% for -1%
Chafee 8/10% for -2%

It's interesting that "only" 87% of Democrats have an opinion of Hillary Clinton. Also check out the bottom three for having unfavorables matching or surpassing their favorables.

fav/unfav % among Republicans:

Rubio 72/3% for +69%
Carson 62/6% for +56%
Huckabee 64/15 for +49%
Walker 52/5% for +47%
Bush 59/17% for +42%
Fiorina 49/8% for +41%
Cruz 54/13% for +41%
Kasich 36/5% for +31%
Jindal 36/5% for +31%
Perry 45/16% for +29%
Trump 59/30% for +29%
Santorum 38/20% for +18%
Christie 39/32% for +7%
Paul 35/35% for +/-0
Pataki 15/17% for -2%
Gilmore 6/11% for -5%
Graham 23/28% for -5%

Rand Paul is the most hated Republican by Republicans with 35% disapproval, followed by Christie's 32% and Trump's 30%. Notice Marco Rubio's absurd halo.Also notice that Jeb Bush and Donald Trump have the exact same favorable number, 59% of Republicans. Finally, look at Lindsay Graham and laugh at how a guy with only 51% of Republicans taking an opinion could have 28% disapproval.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

NotWearingPants posted:

The thing about Trump is he can throw out all this red meat to the extremely racist republican base to get the nomination, then just pivot into a more mainstream candidate for the general election and if anyone calls him on it he'll just call them a loser and mock them on twitter.

But nobody's pulled off the etch-a-sketch and been elected to tell the tale!!

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Vox Nihili posted:

The problem is that she doesn't currently enjoy an advantage. The latest polls put Hillary and Bush about on par. I'll post the data again:

Q15,17,19,22-41. Summary Table - Is your opinion of [Candidate] favorable, unfavorable or
haven't you heard enough about him/her? Table ranked by net favorability (Favorable -
Unfavorable).
REGISTERED VOTERS.................
Fav Unfav hrdEn REF NetFav
Carson 35 15 50 1 20
Rubio 41 27 32 - 14
Kasich 25 12 63 - 13
Fiorina 27 15 57 - 12
Biden 48 39 11 1 9
Sanders 32 28 39 1 4
Webb 9 9 82 1 0
Walker 25 26 48 - -1
Huckabee 32 34 33 1 -2
Jindal 20 24 56 - -4
Chafee 5 10 84 - -5
Gilmore 3 9 87 - -6
Cruz 28 34 38 - -6
Pataki 10 17 72 1 -7
Bush 32 41 26 1 -9
O'Malley 8 17 75 - -9
Clinton 39 51 8 2 -12
Santorum 18 35 46 1 -17
Christie 27 45 27 1 -18
Paul 23 41 35 1 -18
Trump 36 54 8 2 -18
Perry 21 40 38 1 -19
Graham 11 35 52 1 -24

I made a chart:

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Will there be a stream of the Palin-Trump interview tonight? OANN is airing it but their site is down.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

HappyHippo posted:

I made a chart:

I'm guessing that both Rubio and Biden would dip below the line if they received the same scrutiny and attention that Bush and Clinton are. Although Rubio doesn't say many stupid things which is rare.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I know Jeb's a mess, but when is he going to start blasting Trump with the firehose of money? Or start spending it in any meaningful way?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Haha, of course the Morouns donated to Walker. That's probably enough to sink Walker's hopes of getting Michigan in the general, though-if there's any one thing everyone in this state can agree on, it's gently caress Matty "Ultimate rear end in a top hat" Moroun.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

The X-man cometh posted:

I know Jeb's a mess, but when is he going to start blasting Trump with the firehose of money? Or start spending it in any meaningful way?

Right to Rise announced major ad buys in IA, NH, and SC are coming soon. When "soon" is isn't exactly clear, but it probably means "after Labor Day."

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Mitt Romney posted:

I'm guessing that both Rubio and Biden would dip below the line if they received the same scrutiny and attention that Bush and Clinton are. Although Rubio doesn't say many stupid things which is rare.

i dont get why rubio doesnt get more support among republicans, he seems like a pretty serviceable candidate compared to the rest. is the establishment afraid the national stage will make him look like a lil kid?

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

babypolis posted:

i dont get why rubio doesnt get more support among republicans, he seems like a pretty serviceable candidate compared to the rest. is the establishment afraid the national stage will make him look like a lil kid?

Apostasy on immigration. Not a huge amount of ridiculous red meat to appeal to the base. Most of the Florida Republican establishment and donors are on Team Bush. And I think there's kind of a general perception that he'll have more of a chance next time around.

Also he attends both Catholic and Southern Baptist services, which is some weak-rear end poo poo.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Patter Song posted:

Graham 23/28% for -5%

Poor girl-name Graham, I almost feel bad for that closeted retard.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

babypolis posted:

He didn't wait his turn. If Bush hadn't run this would be his turn and he would get that support.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
There's a Trump news conference happening right now on the media outlet of your choice. I dunno who's streaming it. So far he's yelled at CNN and reminded us he cherishes women. And he will have a tax plan out sometime in September. Because no one knows taxes like he does. I mean c'mon. Please. Please.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Von Sloneker posted:

There's a Trump news conference happening right now on the media outlet of your choice. I dunno who's streaming it. So far he's yelled at CNN and reminded us he cherishes women. And he will have a tax plan out sometime in September. Because no one knows taxes like he does. I mean c'mon. Please. Please.

Every time I see Trump speak my grasp on reality loosens a bit.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

Never mind, it's over. I actually don't know what the point of that was. Resume your white knuckled grips on sanity. We're safe for now.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Every time I see Trump speak my grasp on reality loosens a bit.

I experience the opposite, he's like the thin whiff of poo poo aroma present in even the most seemingly immaculate bathroom, there to remind me that no matter how clean it smells near the sinks, there's still filth somewhere.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I'm really looking forward to seeing what he puts in that tax plan. It can only be glorious.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Von Sloneker posted:

Here's video of his speech:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA62refAB2w

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

Brannock posted:

I'm really looking forward to seeing what he puts in that tax plan. It can only be glorious.

I expect primae noctis to be a central part of it.
#TrumpTaxPlan

And Trump is back on. Apparently the press conference was just a warm-up for a rally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Xenophon posted:

just fuckin' look at W in this one

I can almost hear the man telling me all about this honey of a pre-owned Chrysler I'd be a fool to let get away at this price.

• Locked thread