Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foran
Apr 19, 2008

Garry's Mod is an Art
I'm looking to get back into this. In-game Name is Vhalis@ForanIdah. I was in SFD but apparently it's dead and turned into TND. wow!
Also, is there a ventrillo/mumble/ts what have you anymore?

Foran fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please
While it's still mildly relevant, I can't help but wonder... if "Endless Disco" was offered as a starbase/holdings upgrade, How many of the "I Hate Disco" people would sink massive amounts of resources into it just because it's a project and they have an inherent need to buy every new thing that comes out regardless of it's value?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Rahhmi posted:

While it's still mildly relevant, I can't help but wonder... if "Endless Disco" was offered as a starbase/holdings upgrade, How many of the "I Hate Disco" people would sink massive amounts of resources into it just because it's a project and they have an inherent need to buy every new thing that comes out regardless of it's value?

Xean was saying not to fill the starbase tribble project because he didn't want them cluttering his base it's bugged. That was one of the first things we finished for him.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
You mean one of the first things he tricked us into filling for him, using our own real money to get enough dil to do his projects. That's the narrative he gives everyone now.

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

personal drama, please

DonDoodles posted:

You mean one of the first things he tricked us into filling for him, using our own real money to get enough dil to do his projects. That's the narrative he gives everyone now.

I'm sorry. but based on our few conversations, I don't think David Copperfield could even perform a "trick" in his presence.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Foran posted:

I'm looking to get back into this. In-game Name is Vhalis@ForanIdah. I was in SFD but apparently it's dead and turned into TND. wow!
Also, is there a ventrillo/mumble/ts what have you anymore?

I, too was in the dead SFD. Welcome to the better SFD! Just a heads up, the devs are in our pockets because me and another goon brought 150 klondike bars to them.

Foran
Apr 19, 2008

Garry's Mod is an Art
That's a lot of klondike bars.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

BombermanX posted:

I, too was in the dead SFD. Welcome to the better SFD! Just a heads up, the devs are in our pockets because me and another goon brought 150 klondike bars to them.

Wouldn't call him goon. Wouldn't call him people. But here we are.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
[Zone #12] Tia@elcentra: I for one don't like the sound of Druk and am putting him on block, bc he's evil, actuially evil, by the look of it

Eta: I got called scum too.

I don't know if any of you guys know tot@jaffastargate, the hilarious Croatian scammer kid.

Repeated scams include "I have a secret to win one lockbox ship from 21 keys, but I can't get the keys until next week when my friend gets his allowance from his parents. I need some lobi right now so if you give me 21 keys I will win a ship and give you the ship, but I keep the lobi. If I don't win, my friend here will buy 25 keys next week and give them to you."

He has a friend or alt on with him who says stuff like "ya tot always win me ships he a good guy yes."

Another is his doff scam, where he buys all the doffs called "tot" on the exchange and lists one for like 100m, then offers to trade a more valuable ship for a "tot" Doff.

Anyway, I like him because of his hilarious transparent scams, and his shill account / friend who will say stuff like "ya me and tot are both Croatian we are friends he is a good guy you can trust him he always wins ships for me"

Also, he has some kind of OCD where he will not tolerate having items at the end of any given day, he has to sell them and get ec, even if it means selling them at a loss, so he's sold me a bunch of poo poo for cheap. Plas leeches, keys, a bug ship, all kinds of poo poo for cheap, as long as it means he can get ec for them and not have items, only ec.

Anyhow, he messaged me earlier and said he had finally reached his goal of having 1 billion ec, he was retiring from trading, etc etc. then, he noticed two strike ships on the exchange for 500m each, and spent all his ec on them. Then he spent two hours or more frantically spamming ESD trying to sell them, and asking me to buy them at cost from him.

I decided to help him out by advertising the ships in TheTradingChannel for him. He's banned from the trading channel and a lot of touchy spergs in there really don't like him. I can only figure that it's because they're really dumb, and afraid they might fall for his stupid rear end scams. This lead to q bunch of,people bitching, and me trying to,explain that if they didn't like tot, they should offer him 500m for one of his bug ships, that he'd sell it, and they they could profit off of his OCD or whatever, and literally be loving him out of space money.

But, of course, I'm a troll, blah blah, how dare I offer people a good deal on ships and a chance to screw someone they don't like, sperg sperg sperg.

But their sperginess wasn't as bad as the crowd that formed on ESD. Somone "googled tot" and discovered he was a terrible scammer! so they started dog piling him and telling people it was a scam, etc etc. meanwhile tot sold one of the bug ships to a TTC person for 550m, so he just had one left to,flip, and was offering to sell it for the same 500m he'd paid.

This was unjust, dog piling on the poor kid for his past hilarity, he's turning his life around!

I tried to explain, and told them that sure he used to run hilarious obvious scams, and if he was doing that, don't fall for it, but I'd bought hundreds of millions of ec worth of stuff from him when he was actually selling crap, and had never had a bad experience.

"What? you think scams are funny, why do you think it's funny, why do you think he's funny, it's not funny, what if retarded kids get scammed, is that funny too, you're scum, you're scum, you're literally an evil person, don't you have any empathy, scum, scum, evil, evil, blah blah blah.

I reminded them that tot really is hilarious, a walking stereotype of some kind of scheming Croatian gypsy, and that I was in fact a pillar of the community, and a godly man.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Aug 28, 2015

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
People seem awfully upset at getting free bonus xp and dilithium.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
They've really managed to gently caress up the forums.

There are now two parallel sto forums, the new new one,

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/categories/star-trek-online-general-discussion

And a different unconnected one, the one they have been using

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/categories/star-trek-online-general-discussion

The disco nullified debate with that sperg and the disco screenshot thing are on the obsoleted forum.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
How the gently caress do they manage to be so incompetent. How.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The forum software (and the website in general) is managed by a team of incompetent and likely vastly underpaid team in China and Cryptic's staff basically just has to suffer through it. :ssh:

Still that's an amazing fuckup even by PWE's website standards.

Tuskin38 posted:

It's hilarious since it's pretty much every other advertising 101 social media "like us on facebook!!" promotion and just as harmless and meaningless. If anything it's actually a step ahead of most of those since there's actually some vague reward from it beyond trading away your personal information to marketers. The fact pubbies seem to be blowing up about poo poo like this and disco balls instead of actual problems "Cryptic ruined queues" or "the endgame is a tedious cash sink grind" or "they're literally making you buy every ship over again, except even more expensive" is just kind of astounding.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Use this link

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/categories/star-trek-online-general-discussion

Instead of arcgames.com/en/forums/ ones to avoid arc overlay filth.

Because yup.

Eta: apparently the new-new forum thing broke all bookmarks/links/Google results to the old-new forum.

All the arcgames.com links at least, perfectworld.vanillaforums.com links still seem to work, but lead to the defunct parallel copy forum.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Aug 28, 2015

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
I've just been using the same bookmark I've had for years

http://forums.startrekonline.com/

Which autoredirects to

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/categories/startrekonline

Which seems to be the one the Devs are using.

Thomasthecat is holding a contest on reddit for the best photoshop of his cat. The winner gets a Badge made in the same style as his Ship/fleet badges.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Aug 28, 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Aw, too late!

On the new-new forum it looks like you can only edit a post for a period of one hour after you make it.

Xean wouldn't have been able to redact his stupid poo poo if they'd had this from the get go.

But, in future, he won't be able to go back and redact it either.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

quote:

Emergency Power to...Code Giveaways!

It looks like you may have received the wrong code in an email last week - sorry about that! This is due to a technical issue on our end, and we deeply apologize for the inconvenience. Please find the correct code below, which will grant you a FREE Andromeda Class Exploration Cruiser and enough XP to set your highest level character to 60*. See you in-game, Captain!
So I get a second set of freebies? :v:

Edit: I'm bad at reading. Have a free code (assuming it works for anyone else): SJm0lCej

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

[redacted for OPSEC]

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Sep 7, 2015

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
It looks like they just nuked one of the forum duplicates. :rip:

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Aleth posted:

It looks like they just nuked one of the forum duplicates. :rip:

Yeah Jess Christ this forums thing is a major clusterfuck. The nullifier thread is stuck on page four, erasing that big meltdown, and the contest thread only has two posts in it including the OP. This is an incredible gently caress up.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Tuskin38 posted:

Want bonus marks? Only 1000 facebook shares (already done). How about bonus dil? 500 retweets (again, already done). Bonus XP? 140,000 youtube views (not even close to done). Why is cryptic still so dead set against allowing people to level at a decent speed?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
As far as I can tell, there is no longer a "report" or "flag" button on the forums.

How will we bring Xean to justice?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The worst punishment for Xean is to be Xean.

There is nothing more we can do to him.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

DancingShade posted:

Well apparently not since he's multiplying.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

DancingShade posted:

This gives me an idea. I wonder if Rahmmi or someone else can capture his costume file...

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

personal drama, please

Goat Pillager posted:

This gives me an idea. I wonder if Rahmmi or someone else can capture his costume file...

I'll look into it.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Some required viewing for aspiring starship captains, starring the almighty Picard himself.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Aleth posted:

Some required viewing for aspiring starship captains, starring the almighty Picard himself.

"No, I'm English."

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Two Rikers, two forums.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
This is something I can get behind.

brodoyouevengif
Jun 15, 2013

The pubbie blood must flow for le mighty Brodo.
How much has actually been added to the game over the last year or so? I've basically dedicated most of my time to EVE if I had the chance, so I haven't been around much. :smugdog:

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Level cap went up, ton of new ships were added, as were new boff powers. Also everyone stopped playing.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A korean MMO-like grind was added to the game and there was much rejoicing.

For delta rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it.

brodoyouevengif
Jun 15, 2013

The pubbie blood must flow for le mighty Brodo.
I was there for the immediate release of Delta Rising, but it felt as if the game was increasingly becoming infected with AIDs, so that's when I quit. The grind was too painful, and I didn't feel like taking the time to actually do anything.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Anyone else having trouble logging in? I haven't been able to get past the launcher for hours.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The servers have been poo poo for months now, even if it varies from "laggy but playable" to "how the gently caress are these idiots being paid for this". It seems like the latter since the last patch. :downs:

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Asimo posted:

The servers have been poo poo for months now, even if it varies from "laggy but playable" to "how the gently caress are these idiots being paid for this". It seems like the latter since the last patch. :downs:

Not sure they're entirely to blame for this one. I was totally unaffected Thursday and Friday, while tons of other people were bitching, but today it was unplayable to unloginable.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I think to be fair to Cryptic for once I'm pretty sure Cogent is making GBS threads a brick and I think PWE and several other online gaming companies go through them, if I recall.

Still doesn't help when I have things to do in this game though. :argh:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
There was something mentioned the other day about a major outage somewhere in the US that might have been affecting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Given that they're almost certainly not gonna give me the T6 corvette that I want, which of the three Fed pilot ships is the best? Mercury?

• Locked thread