Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Questioner86 posted:

New preview patch going out for the weekend. Servers should be updating now and the client update will be out soon.

In the mean time you can chew on the change list: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=111868

Glad you're listening to us!

I look forward to what you do with Demo and Firebug. I'd say that Demo needs the most work but I'm pretty sure the work it needs is more structural than hammering out a few kinks so I'm not surprised to see firebug getting the first, minor patches. Honestly the only issue I have with the Firebug is that the Caulk N Burn needs to have its "feel" adjusted so it feels more like a jury-rigged weapon and less like a copy-paste of the flamethrower with smaller numbers.

Also...do the Support perks affect the Trenchgun in any way? It is a shotgun after all.

Drakes posted:

The microwave gun is the firebugs only decent option for frontloading damage and putting a dent into scrakes/fleshpounds. While its not ammo efficient like the flamethrower, it will contribute to downing the most threatening targets much more than the other firebug weapons.

The only reason I wouldn't run the microwave gun all the time is that it doesn't set guys on fire :colbert:.

Actually, it does. Well, it gives them a fire-like DOT as it cooks them from the inside for a few seconds before they go splat. Just give little guys a small dose and let them finish cooking on their own, KF models real life where your "food" doesn't instantly stop cooking the moment you took it out of the microwave. :v: So it still counts as "on fire" to the game as far as I can tell.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Aug 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, it seems to have some pretty decent knockback. I've bounced scrakes around with it a few times as well, though it wasn't perfectly consistent. Perhaps you need to hit them very directly with it or something? Another thing that I wonder is the damage on it. If it does as much (or close to) damage as ten ammo of the primary firemode, that'd obviously change up its dynamic quite a bit.

The alt fire definitely does damage. You can vaporize a group of clots and gorefasts with it instantly, which makes me think its damage is roughly the same for the ammo cost, just at reduced r ange. The microwave blast has about as much range as the pulverizer's swing does.

That said, you should absolutely be using it, because it is POWERFUL. The only thing not worth using it on is bloats, because they're so big and resistant to microwaves that it doesn't send them anywhere or do meaningful damage to them. But the backblast will absolutely send scrakes and fleshpounds and even Hans backwards. Someone with the microwave gun can reliably tank a scrake or a pound as easily as a zerker can, by repeatedly blasting them back while everyone kills them. This is especially good against scrakes as the microwave gun does major damage to them.

However, unlike a parry or the pulverizer smash, the knockback on the microwave gun doesn't stun them, or stumble them, or whatever. They keep doing their attack, just 3-5 feet farther away from you than they wanted to do it. So it won't really help if you try to use it against their charging attacks, since they'll still charge back in and hit you anyway, but after they've gotten in close you can keep them in a loop of trying to use a close range hit and then pushing them far enough away to miss you while you backpedal.

I've found the pushblast to also be invaluable against Hans, because it's the only way to push him away from someone he's pinned in the corner. Especially if the person pinned is you.

EDIT:

Skoll posted:

Counterpoint : You shouldn't be faceplanting FPs and Scrakes as Firebug.

You should absolutely do that with the MG, though. The alt-fire blast is incredible at keeping things away from you and works on everything.

gnome7 fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 28, 2015

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Drakes posted:

The microwave gun is the firebugs only decent option for frontloading damage and putting a dent into scrakes/fleshpounds. While its not ammo efficient like the flamethrower, it will contribute to downing the most threatening targets much more than the other firebug weapons.

The only reason I wouldn't run the microwave gun all the time is that it doesn't set guys on fire :colbert:.

Counterpoint : You shouldn't be faceplanting FPs and Scrakes as Firebug. If you could carry both the flamer and the MG, then sure whatever floats your boat, but taking the MG solely to do that basically means you're left with two lovely weapons for everything else.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
They put the supports ammo back but left the commando. You are dead to me Tripwire, DEAD! This is now a bad game made by bad people. Hyperbol aside, please reconsider, and also look into making the AK a non-choice other than for shits and giggles. It isn't BAD, but the combination of really low ammo pool and very high cost for what you get (a only slightly more powerful and more recoil bullpup) make it a waste of space. It isn't good enough to deal with scrakes and FPs, but the bullpup is good enough to deal with sirens and husks from afar easily. SCAR is perfect, SCAR is love.

I'm happy the demo's starter refills for cheap, but the explosions it makes look like they are too big for how far they reach and do damage. A crawler survived... A CRAWLER FOR GOD'S SAKE!

edit: Here are some pics from describing stuff from my eariler posts:

Here is a dead gorefast stuck in the middle of a doorway. I've seen this with a siren as well. Apparently it happened to the other guy too since he was shooting at it.

Broose fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 28, 2015

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Gharbad the Weak posted:

How much harder is co-op than single player? I can solo suicidal just fine, but I die like on wave 5 on hard.
There are a lot of "depends,..." so you can't really say it's strictly harder or easier, just much less consistent. You can either have a relaxing walk in the park on Suicidal with a team of 5 high level experts and a nice mix of classes or you can have a horrible disastrous mess on Normal with 5 other lvl 0 Demos who die 35 seconds into the round.

It generally takes a lot longer though.
Aw yeah baby, that's looking promising

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
good changelog imho

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Broose posted:

They put the supports ammo back but left the commando. You are dead to me Tripwire, DEAD! This is now a bad game made by bad people. Hyperbol aside, please reconsider, and also look into making the AK a non-choice other than for shits and giggles. It isn't BAD, but the combination of really low ammo pool and very high cost for what you get (a only slightly more powerful and more recoil bullpup) make it a waste of space. It isn't good enough to deal with scrakes and FPs, but the bullpup is good enough to deal with sirens and husks from afar easily. SCAR is perfect, SCAR is love.

Honestly, the Commando's weapons could do with a bit more diversification all around. Right now they're pretty much just straight upgrades that all fulfill pretty much exactly the same role and never really give you any incentive or opportunity to mix up your playstyle at all. All other classes seem to have at least one weapon that at least somewhat breaks the mold and switches things up, and it's probably most visible with the demo and firebug now.

I'm not entirely sure what's to be done about it, but there's sure to be a way. Perhaps give the AK a drum mag together with a lower accuracy to turn it into a bullethose to pile on the damage from up close. Or take a page from the microwave gun and add some fun high-techy bits to one or several of them. Go full ZF-1 if you have to :science: : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T6ANbL3SMw

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Perestroika posted:

I'm not entirely sure what's to be done about it, but there's sure to be a way. Perhaps give the AK a drum mag together with a lower accuracy to turn it into a bullethose to pile on the damage from up close. Or take a page from the microwave gun and add some fun high-techy bits to one or several of them. Go full ZF-1 if you have to :science: : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T6ANbL3SMw

Better idea: Give Commando the M4 M203. I mean, why not at this point.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Alkydere posted:

Actually, it does. Well, it gives them a fire-like DOT as it cooks them from the inside for a few seconds before they go splat. Just give little guys a small dose and let them finish cooking on their own, KF models real life where your "food" doesn't instantly stop cooking the moment you took it out of the microwave. :v: So it still counts as "on fire" to the game as far as I can tell.

Well poo poo, the more you know:allears:.

Now I gotta level up firebug more and see if the flame specific perks have much effect on the MW gun.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Drakes posted:

Well poo poo, the more you know:allears:.

Now I gotta level up firebug more and see if the flame specific perks have much effect on the MW gun.

Yea, I was honestly legit surprised when I noticed it. I use the MWG much like the Caulk/Flammenwerfer in short taps and I was noticing that the clots and gorefasts would continue exploding when I stopped firing for those bursts. So it still sets them on fire, it's just an invisible "on fire". You'll also notice them wobbling about in (fully understandable) pain/panic too as they puff up as well.

Now, the two normal flame weapons do have one advantage over the MWG: they actually leave burning patches on the ground that will set passing zeds on fire.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Finally got a chance to play with the Demo and FB and enjoyed them both. However, I wish the FB had a bit longer range on his flamethrower (and had something other than the caulk gun for varieties sake) without me needing to wait until level 20 to boost it.
And instead of detonating in order of laying them, it would be nice if the Demo could look at their C4 and trigger whichever was closest and in their sight cone. Too many times I'd have to detonate earlier ones for no benefit in order to get to the later ones I'd dropped. Also, some way of detonating C4 dropped by now-dead Demos. It's disappointing to see them flashing away on later levels and no use to anyone. I thought I'd hate remote-triggered bombs but they turned out to be fun. I'd prefer it if I could map a special button for detonating them, though.

Finally, can the engine support flaming creatures lighting up the area without any sort of massive framerate hit (or at all)? The catacombs can get pretty dark, and it seems like burning zeds should light the place up a bit more when they are all lit up.

Gromit fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Aug 28, 2015

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Perestroika posted:

Honestly, the Commando's weapons could do with a bit more diversification all around. Right now they're pretty much just straight upgrades that all fulfill pretty much exactly the same role and never really give you any incentive or opportunity to mix up your playstyle at all. All other classes seem to have at least one weapon that at least somewhat breaks the mold and switches things up, and it's probably most visible with the demo and firebug now.

if it weren't for the fact that it's likely to be part of the SWAT perk I'd say give them a Gatling Gun, or maybe even a fancy prototype Metal Storm gun; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFjGbOyd2ek

widespread posted:

Better idea: Give Commando the M4 M203. I mean, why not at this point.

that's also a good idea, although the grenades would need to be weakened a bit to avoid stepping on the Demo's feet too much(maybe make so it does relatively low damage for a grenade, but it'll stun and/or knockback just about anything within it's explosion radius, making Zeds into perfect targets to be torn apart by your own bullets, as well as your teammates' shots)

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

drrockso20 posted:

if it weren't for the fact that it's likely to be part of the SWAT perk I'd say give them a Gatling Gun, or maybe even a fancy prototype Metal Storm gun; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFjGbOyd2ek

that's also a good idea, although the grenades would need to be weakened a bit to avoid stepping on the Demo's feet too much(maybe make so it does relatively low damage for a grenade, but it'll stun and/or knockback just about anything within it's explosion radius, making Zeds into perfect targets to be torn apart by your own bullets, as well as your teammates' shots)

Make the M4 fire your frag grenades, using your normal grenade pool, same damage. But contact explosive.

As for SWAT, like I've said before my entire (petty) :airquote: "worry" is that they will end up ala Medic SMG and need multiple headshots to kill trash to make up for large clips or something. That and I'm praying for a real trash clearing grenade instead of the Zerker grenade's brother with a Flashbang. Canceling rages is great and all but I want trash to actually DIE when hit by the boom, not see a dozen clots wandering around electrified and mildly annoyed where literally every other grenade would have killed them outright.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 29, 2015

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Psion posted:

so yeah - I want to know how the microwave alt fire works. So far, I like it.

http://gfycat.com/SkeletalVagueHarborporpoise

Same.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
SWAT better be the tank side of KF1s medic. Wanna push back Zeds with a riot shield.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Picking up a Lever Action Rifle on Wave 1 and using it throughout the entire game was like, KF1 ABCs. Picking up poo poo should definitely be a thing on wave 1. There's nothing that fills the LAR's slot just yet though.

The LAR was stupid overpowered for its tier, though, and until you got high perk levels you were spawning with only a 9mm. This isn't even remotely the same situation.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Section Z posted:

Make the M4 fire your frag grenades, using your normal grenade pool, same damage. But contact explosive.

As for SWAT, like I've said before my entire (petty) :airquote: "worry" is that they will end up ala Medic SMG and need multiple headshots to kill trash to make up for large clips or something. That and I'm praying for a real trash clearing grenade instead of the Zerker grenade's brother with a Flashbang. Canceling rages is great and all but I want trash to actually DIE when hit by the boom, not see a dozen clots wandering around electrified and mildly annoyed where literally every other grenade would have killed them outright.

that's a good idea, personally I'm hoping that they get a good variety of weapons, we know already thanks to digging around in the files that they're getting the P90 as a weapon(probably either their Tier 1 or Tier 2 weapon), I think the way their weapons should look is like this;

Melee Weapon: either a Riot Baton or a Cow Prod

Grenade: either a Stun Grenade that actually functions like a real one(as in if it explodes right next to you it can severely injure you, if not outright kill you), or a Pepper Spray grenade(not too sure what it'd do though, although I kinda like the idea of it making Zeds more vulnerable to fire, since I remember reading stories about people who get tasered after getting sprayed sometimes catch on fire)

Tier 1 Weapon: P90

Tier 2 Weapon: Riot Shield(can equip either Melee weapon or 9mm pistol with it, however can't aim down sights with it)

Tier 3 Weapon: Riot Shotgun(fires Slug Rounds, has an alternate fire where you load a Breaching Round into the gun and fire it, which has piss poor range, but will vaporize anything that isn't a Scrake, Fleshpound, or Boss enemy that's hit by it)

Tier 4 Weapon: Hand Held M134 Minigun

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
The ammo pool for that minigun would have to be insane.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Screw miniguns, someone better get a coilgun or I'm going to flip my poo poo.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Look can I just play as The Pain from MGS3? Complete with Hornets bringing me a Tommy Gun, and Hornets transporting grenades for me? And also a gun that shoots hornets.

We all want :ocelot: so may as well go hog wild.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

First game after update and omg zerker is like god mode! I'm loving loving this!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Perestroika posted:

Way earlier in the thread the idea of a light machinegun was being talked about (not by devs, mind you). I'd play a LOT more Commando if they got a Mk48. Price it above even the new AA12 price, give it an obscene reload time, whatever; I will love that gun.

Edit: VVVV yeah I'd go for a Quake 2 railgun or the thing from Eraser. Based on how much AA12 fire a Fleshpound can take, .50 is simply not enough.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 29, 2015

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

alarumklok posted:

Screw miniguns, someone better get a coilgun or I'm going to flip my poo poo.

Sounds like a Sharpshooter T4 weapon to me. :getin:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Shumagorath posted:

Based on how much AA12 fire a Fleshpound can take, .50 is simply not enough.

they all fall to HEAT

obvious answer, Mk-19

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

The Jumpoff posted:

Sounds like a Sharpshooter T4 weapon to me. :getin:

that reminds me, if we get the M99 again, it better be priced at a level that actually makes sense, cause that gun is stupidly expensive(both for the gun itself and it's ammo), and was way too heavy to be practical as well

Skoll posted:

The ammo pool for that minigun would have to be insane.

I figure it'd have somewhere between 500 to 1000 rounds(obviously it'd have a lower fire rate than a real minigun would so it wouldn't use all it's ammo in 5 seconds), it'd be one of those cases where the gun is both really expensive(like at least half again whatever the current priciest weapon is, maybe even twice as much), and really heavy(like you'd have only 2-3 free weight left after taking it), also it'd slow you down a lot(so there's a bit of risk to using this thing)

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Man the mic-gun is insanely good and fun, especially against big bads. The goofy cyber scope is extremely Killing Floor imo.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Chard posted:

Man the mic-gun is insanely good and fun, especially against big bads. The goofy cyber scope is extremely Killing Floor imo.

The mwg is the most Killing Floor thing in the game, to be honest. It's awesome.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Can you level up on non-official servers on the new patch? And are there any servers running custom maps with the new update? There's a billion new community maps I wanna try

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
About to get some zed killin on. Message me on steam if you'd like to get a group going.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/znorps/

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I'm glad they did Demo and Firebug first - they have really different guns in comparison to every other perk so you get a lot of variety and you give yourself a better idea of how a match looks - fire, bullets and explosions everywhere. That said, the real reason why I'm glad is that this means there are only four perks left, and only one of them is old. I'm so pumped to see what the three new perks are all about (Gunslinger is kinda obvious but the other three are up in the air).

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Coolguye posted:

The LAR was stupid overpowered for its tier, though, and until you got high perk levels you were spawning with only a 9mm. This isn't even remotely the same situation.

If you knew how to use it. Learning that weapon is how you learn everything in KF1, basically.

I miss the hell out of the Flare Revolvers and Mac 10 right now. Demo and Firebug have a hell of a hard time hitting headshots sometimes now.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

If you knew how to use it. Learning that weapon is how you learn everything in KF1, basically.

I miss the hell out of the Flare Revolvers and Mac 10 right now. Demo and Firebug have a hell of a hard time hitting headshots sometimes now.

I might miss a slightly weaker Fleshpound, now that ya mention it. And I think I also miss how just the boss had that weird resistance cooldown.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Anyone else experience frame rate slow down when there's a lot of FLEX gibs and blood near the chainlink fence at the starting spawn of Evacuation Point? For some reason, that's the one consistent place where that happens on my system.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
Having tons of fun with the new patch right now. I feel the new classes are kind of crappy (mostly their T1 weapon). Maybe once I get some levels and perks on them they'll be more fun to use.

The new bearzerker is tons of fun. The Zweihandler is suitably meaty and satisfying to use, though I kind of wonder if the hammer is still a better choice (if someone can give a quick outline of their use cases that'd be awesome).

Made a quick montage if anyone cares to watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOh_Ehuz6Po

pedro0930 fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Aug 29, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

pedro0930 posted:

The new bearzerker is tons of fun. The Zweihandler is suitably meaty and satisfying to use, though I kind of wonder if the hammer is still a better choice (if someone can give a quick outline of their use cases that'd be awesome).

Use the zwei for scrakes use the pulverizer for flesh pounds

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
OK I'm dumb as gently caress and I'm looking for these changes to berzerker. What did they do to them other than add night vision?

az
Dec 2, 2005

Questioner, could you please check the Microwave wrt Perks for me? It's using the "microwave" damage type and all the firebug perks only reference fire and explosive damage. I want to know if the mcg gets anything from them.

drrockso20 posted:

Swat ideas

I found four swat weapons in the files before and you're far faaar away from reality ;)

Ruggington posted:

Use the zwei for scrakes use the pulverizer for flesh pounds

This is correct but also use the stab attack (default key v) when fighting big guys because scrakes, pounds and hans are either resistant to slash (primary and alt fire) or weak to pierce (stab). It also does more damage than primary fire, however slightly slower compared to combos.

az fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Aug 29, 2015

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Zwei kills a 6 man HoE fleshpound in 6 headshots.

Hammer kills it in 9.

Zwei forever. :swoon:

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
Does anyone know how much extra damage is dealt when moving forward with the Zweihander?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

az posted:

Questioner, could you please check the Microwave wrt Perks for me? It's using the "microwave" damage type and all the firebug perks only reference fire and explosive damage. I want to know if the mcg gets anything from them.

I found four swat weapons in the files before and you're far faaar away from reality ;)

This is correct but also use the stab attack (default key v) when fighting big guys because scrakes, pounds and hans are either resistant to slash (primary and alt fire) or weak to pierce (stab). It also does more damage than primary fire, however slightly slower compared to combos.

hmm I was only aware of the P90, what were the other ones?