Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

.jpg posted:

That depends ooze asking :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

.jpg posted:

loving goons I swear to god

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

That's not what I imagined those to look like at all lmao

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

.jpg posted:

bahahaha

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

THE PENETRATOR posted:

That's not what I imagined those to look like at all lmao
CG?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

I mean like... listen. I imagined skeleton dragons, not dragons made out of skeletons.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I imagine everything is made out of skeletons. Even skeletons are formed from smaller skeletons, infinitely.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
The anime didnt seem to go into details about how undead work unlike the the LN. In the LN at this point it'd already been explained that when a lot of undead start to get together they start to turn into more advanced undead. Like skeletons start to combine to create bigger undead constructs like some kind of freaky giant claw skeleton or bonewheels. Which is why there were armed guards guarding the cemetary. Because letting undeads do their thing is a bad thing in the new world. Adventurers regularly go to the cemetary to kill any zombies or skeletons who happen to come back to life.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Off to a good start.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Off to a good start.

Is that a mod for something or is it shopped?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Artificer posted:

Is that a mod for something or is it shopped?

You can add custom character portraits to Pillars of Eternity.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

You can add custom character portraits to Pillars of Eternity.

Ah, thanks.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Iretep posted:

The anime didnt seem to go into details about how undead work unlike the the LN. In the LN at this point it'd already been explained that when a lot of undead start to get together they start to turn into more advanced undead. Like skeletons start to combine to create bigger undead constructs like some kind of freaky giant claw skeleton or bonewheels. Which is why there were armed guards guarding the cemetary. Because letting undeads do their thing is a bad thing in the new world. Adventurers regularly go to the cemetary to kill any zombies or skeletons who happen to come back to life.

That seems rather different from Ains' summons. I mean, the two dudes he summoned weren't giant skeleton amalgams.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

That seems rather different from Ains' summons. I mean, the two dudes he summoned weren't giant skeleton amalgams.

Ainz doesent know how to abuse undead magic like that yet. He should probably go and ask a necromancer how to do it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Why would he learn how to make low tier stuff from scratch when he can effortlessly summon way better minions?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why would he learn how to make low tier stuff from scratch when he can effortlessly summon way better minions?
To trick his many enemies into underestimating him? To learn more about the magical physics of the land?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The guy hasn't really gone exploring too far beyond his home base. It makes sense to feel things out more stealthily because even if it's unlikely, it's completely possible that the guy hanging over the next hill is level 200 and knock out the entire contents of the tomb in less then a sunday afternoon. If he starts a continent wide conquest, if there's anyone bigger then him, they're going to find out.

If he's just messing with the guys next door even if someone bigger does exist, they probably won't notice and even if they do they might just not care.

It's the same reason he bothered pretending he was the cool edgy black knight instead of just wandering around as a lich.

Mordaedil posted:

It's not really a video game anymore, it seems to me like it used to be a game and then got transported into someones D&D campaign.

So, uh no patches. Maybe an apocalypse stone though...

I don't think there's any clues at all towards the relationship the game and the new place have.

The series ends with it being revealed as a dying dream as he's hanging himself from his doorknob as a result of his game shutting down.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Aug 29, 2015

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Anatharon posted:

The series ends with it being revealed as a dying dream as he's hanging himself from his doorknob as a result of his game shutting down.

That would be a pretty high doorknob.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kanos posted:

That would be a pretty high doorknob.

Not really, all you need is a correct length of rope that can support your entire weight, and you can hang yourself off of any affixed object if you're willing to die the sure but slow death by strangulation instead of trying to snap your own neck :science:

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Overlord takes place in the dark future. I'm sure there are plenty of suicide booths for Ainz to use.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Approx 1 hr on the ln upload... pretty hype

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
http://skythewood.blogspot.com/2015/08/O69.html

it has a pretty picture at part 3 AND it was good

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Once again,

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

hahaha I loving love that his plan boils down to orchestrating fights between his subordinates and this worlds heroes and then stepping in at the last moment. :allears:

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Can you pretty please with sugar and cream on top just keep everything from the novels inside spoiler tags marked (LN v6) or whatever? Please?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I read it. It rustled my jimmies.

It was good.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Awww man. LN v6 spoilers: RIP the two adamantium adventurers. They were super cool. Demiurge is evil as gently caress and all that but man, sometimes it makes it hard to root for Team Ainz. :(

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

darkgray posted:

Can you pretty please with sugar and cream on top just keep everything from the novels inside spoiler tags marked (LN v6) or whatever? Please?

I agree with this post because I think that some of the twists and turns are too fun to be spoiled

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Artificer posted:

Awww man. LN v6 spoilers: RIP the two adamantium adventurers. They were super cool. Demiurge is evil as gently caress and all that but man, sometimes it makes it hard to root for Team Ainz. :(

Demiurge is an incredibly lightly masked Mengele.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's hard to root for Team Contains Actual Nazi, even though Ainz is still pretty cool.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

It's hard to root for Team Contains Actual Nazi, even though Ainz is still pretty cool.

Yeah ok most of Team Ainz are pretty lovely people tbh. Ainz is pretty cool but he hardly compensates. Sigh...

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Artificer posted:

Yeah ok most of Team Ainz are pretty lovely people tbh. Ainz is pretty cool but he hardly compensates. Sigh...

Yah I like overlord but also can't like it very much, it's a very divisive story to me.

One day I'll actually watch the anime though.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

As lame as it sounds I'd probably like it more if it was just a straight story about Ainz rebuilding the destroyed guild hall from scratch and becoming the benevolent but absolutely ruthless overlord of the local monster and human populations and almost all the floor guardians were just gone.

I wanna see more scenes that are just like 'ok these two peasants have a quarrel and now I have to decide who get to keep the sheep and who gets thrown into the Pit Of Hateful Bone.'

All the insanely twisted dark stuff just gets fatiguing after a while.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Someone posted a pretty detailed list of differences between the original web novel and the reworked light novel edition, and it turns out Albedo isn't the only new character -- Mare and Nfirea apparently didn't exist either. Kind of nuts how much that must change the flow of the storyline. Hamsuke doesn't get recruited, no fight with Clementine, etc.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

As lame as it sounds I'd probably like it more if it was just a straight story about Ainz rebuilding the destroyed guild hall from scratch and becoming the benevolent but absolutely ruthless overlord of the local monster and human populations and almost all the floor guardians were just gone.

I wanna see more scenes that are just like 'ok these two peasants have a quarrel and now I have to decide who get to keep the sheep and who gets thrown into the Pit Of Hateful Bone.'

All the insanely twisted dark stuff just gets fatiguing after a while.

Yeah, and holy poo poo, dude. The bits where Ainz condones horrifying atrocities like feeding humans to his minions is just. Urgh. Ainz isn't a babypunting sort of villain but those bits... Ainz is pretty cool but then you realize you're rooting for some guy who is committing some pretty heinous warcrimes.

Edit: I wonder what the story would've been like if it was Touch Me that got sent back?

Artificer fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 29, 2015

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

darkgray posted:

Someone posted a pretty detailed list of differences between the original web novel and the reworked light novel edition, and it turns out Albedo isn't the only new character -- Mare and Nfirea apparently didn't exist either. Kind of nuts how much that must change the flow of the storyline. Hamsuke doesn't get recruited, no fight with Clementine, etc.

Yeah according to what I have heard. Clementine in the Web Novel saw Momon do something that marked him as far above her level. She realized she could not win and bailed on the Khaji leaving the Graveyard.

Apparently Lizzie had a Granddaughter instead of Grandson in the Web Novel who replaced Nfirea, but I am unsure.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I like that ainz doesnt give too many shits as long as his new family is happy

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

THE PENETRATOR posted:

I like that ainz doesnt give too many shits as long as his new family is happy

He isn't aware of a lot of their bullshit, though that is probably a deliberate cop out.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

He isn't aware of a lot of their bullshit, though that is probably a deliberate cop out.

One of the CD stories reveals hes perfectly aware about most of it. The NPCs ask for more humans and especially children to eat from Ainz. Of course Ainz forbade eating children since he only allows them to eat enemies to the guild. The only part he isnt is aware of is Demiurges human farm since he misunderstood Demiurges joke about it when he told Ainz about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Yes, but as we just learned they are abducting random villagers to serve as experimental subjects. If it was bandits Ains wouldn't give a gently caress, but he isn't cool with hurting civilians for no reason. Ains doesn't have a problem with doing whatever evil stuff he feels is necessary, but he doesn't revel in cruelty like Demiurge.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 30, 2015

• Locked thread