Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

Image has the first volume of Morning Glories for free today. Is that series any good, looks like yet another special person academy story to me.

I like it but your enjoyment depends how long you can stand to be LOST style strung along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

X-O posted:

You probably want to get Delinquents as well. And maybe even Ivar, Timewalker. There's also a new volume for Archer and Armstrong coming soon. And there's three one shots, Archer and Armstrong #0, Archer #0 and The One Percent #1.

Oh cool, thanks. I was worried Delinquents would be a new ongoing that I wouldn't want to start, but I see it's a four issue mini--I'll grab it. And make sure I have the one-shots.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is Ivar the successor to A&A in the same way that Imperium is the successor to Harbinger?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Not so much, it's a spinoff by the same writer though featuring Armstrong's brother.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

Anyone who doesn't get this is a big ol' dummy.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Bunch of Harley Quinn related collected editions on comixology.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Sorry for the double post, but how long does it take for recently acquired comics to go to the series section?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

After you buy them? Should be instantly. What platform are you on?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It can be a little wonky if you have subscriptions. The main app seems to lag a little behind the Marvel and DC ones, even though the site will usually be up to date instantly.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

zoux posted:

After you buy them? Should be instantly. What platform are you on?

I'm on a laptop. I mean, the recent section is pretty cluttered and I have no choice but to send them into the archive. I want to remove them from "recent" without having to archive them.

Ideally "recent" would be the stuff I just bought, "series" the stuff I read and "archive" the previews. It's been two weeks and they're still in "recent".

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Aug 21, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Your comics still haven't shown up?

This week, even thought I'm subbed to it, my SW never showed up as purchased. I ended up just buying it straight up later in the day. Does that happen often?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
No, no they've shown up instantly, but the problem is that they're still in the "recent" section even after I read them. I don't want to archive them because that's where I put all the previews.

I try to archive them and unarchive them but it doesn't do anything.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

Your comics still haven't shown up?

This week, even thought I'm subbed to it, my SW never showed up as purchased. I ended up just buying it straight up later in the day. Does that happen often?

Happens all the time with Jem for me, for some reason. Comixology usually email me and go "Whoops, we hosed up, here's the link to the issue, just go buy it and we'll try and fix it for next time."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah it's not a huge problem for me as long as I don't get double billed.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
It's very frustrating how the books I got from Humble Bundle aren't formatted for double page spreads. They just leave each of the two pages as single pages, forcing you to switch back and forth. I know how to fix the CBZ files myself, but it's annoying and I don't think about it until I start reading and don't feel like it when I'm done.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
What issues of Impulse are worth getting outside the Waid run?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Back-to-School-Sale/page/7875?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Lil' Gotham and Tiny Titans collections
Young Justice (1998), (2011)
Teen Titans Go!
Batman Adventures
Batman Gotham Adventures
Superman Adventures
Impulse
Superboy (2010), (2011)

https://www.comixology.com/IDW-Recent-Hits-Sale/page/7876?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

https://www.comixology.com/The-Shadow-Sale/page/7846?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Why are the filez comics of such better quality than the legit ones? I keep buying stuff from comixology but it looks like blurry poo poo on my surface pro 3.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

beergod posted:

Why are the filez comics of such better quality than the legit ones? I keep buying stuff from comixology but it looks like blurry poo poo on my surface pro 3.

That's because Comixology's app on Windows is a half-baked piece of poo poo. On iPad and android the comics are Hi-res.

I'm hoping that because Windows 10 seems to be more popular that they might update the app to match the quality of the others.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004

Dsmif posted:

That's because Comixology's app on Windows is a half-baked piece of poo poo. On iPad and android the comics are Hi-res.

I'm hoping that because Windows 10 seems to be more popular that they might update the app to match the quality of the others.

Viewing them on the web browser doesn't give you hi res access either I take it.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

beergod posted:

Viewing them on the web browser doesn't give you hi res access either I take it.

Nope, but with a little work you can get the Android APK to run under chrome using ARC Welder and the comics are in HD. It's not perfect, but it's still better than the lovely native Windows App.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004

Dsmif posted:

Nope, but with a little work you can get the Android APK to run under chrome using ARC Welder and the comics are in HD. It's not perfect, but it's still better than the lovely native Windows App.

Holy poo poo good looking out man. Would love to get it in a pure full screen mode but it isn't blurry trash anymore. Do you have to redownload your books every time you open it?

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

beergod posted:

Holy poo poo good looking out man. Would love to get it in a pure full screen mode but it isn't blurry trash anymore. Do you have to redownload your books every time you open it?

I don't think so. As long as you don't add a new APK to ARC Welder they should stay. I haven't played around with it too much though since I mostly use my iPad for comics.

You can also use Bluestacks to run Android apps on windows. That's a full emulator though so you have to open the emulator and then open the Comixology app. On the plus side you can use the registry to force it to use the whole screen, but I'm not sure how much storage is available inside the emulator for apps.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Li'l Gotham and Batman Adventures are among the purest fun I've had reading Batbooks.

Little Nemo from IDW is a goddamn goldmine and everyone should pick it up, whether they're familiar with McCay's original works or not.

I've read the first three issues of Jem and the Holograms and, despite the internet's rose-colored glasses for that franchise when endorsing the comic, it feels sluggish to me. "It's about these all-female bands who transform when they perform, with rad-awesome special effects!" But they actually talk a lot about their feelings and doubts in every issue, to the detriment of the story's pace? I would love to hear from fans of the comic to help me understand why it's roundly praised. Have I just not cracked through to the best parts yet?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I was going to grab Ragnarok. That's a limited series, right? How many issues is it supposed to run?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Space Fish posted:

I've read the first three issues of Jem and the Holograms and, despite the internet's rose-colored glasses for that franchise when endorsing the comic, it feels sluggish to me. "It's about these all-female bands who transform when they perform, with rad-awesome special effects!" But they actually talk a lot about their feelings and doubts in every issue, to the detriment of the story's pace? I would love to hear from fans of the comic to help me understand why it's roundly praised. Have I just not cracked through to the best parts yet?

You've basically gone into an Italian restaurant expecting sushi. Jem herself is the only one who ever really transformed, and the performances were often second-fiddle to the conflict between the groups and usual 80s cartoon "let's save the youth centre" stuff. The praise is because they're taking that framework and layering it with more modern, multi-dimensional, diverse characters, hence the focus on characters.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

^Fair enough. Thanks for clarifying!^

Digital news: YOOOOOO, if your library offers Hoopla digital services, check out the beginning of their deal with Image:

Chew, Vol. 1-8
Invincible, Vol. 1-20
Morning Glories, Vol. 1-6
Saga, Vol. 1-4
Saga: Book One
Spawn Origins Collection, Vol. 1-10
The Walking Dead, Vol. 1-23
The Walking Dead Compendium 2

I'm glad to see a library service that can dish out much of what comics fandom has been demanding for years. Your local library will have a limit to # of checkouts based on their budget, but on the plus side, free is free. I read Daytripper through Hoopla recently, and it looked and worked great.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Purchases through the IDW app don't sync with the Comixology one, right?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

hadji murad posted:

Purchases through the IDW app don't sync with the Comixology one, right?

Don't they? I know the Marvel, Image, and DC apps do, and from what I remember, IDW uses the same framework or system or whatever, doesn't it?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Black Mask Studios is finally on Comixology
https://www.comixology.com/Black-Mask-Debut/page/7896?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Young Terrorists was pretty highly rated last week.
I'll try Space Riders too, since it looks insane.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They changed to their own system recently. I believe stuff bought using the same email on Comixology syncs to their app but not vice-versa.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Bought a comic on the IDW app and it didn't show up in Comixology. So that's that.

Friday Marvel sale is Dark Avengers first volume then that stuff that took place after Thunderbolts. How is it? Recall liking the original Dark Avengers.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Brubaker-Phillips-Sale/page/7887?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Criminal, Fatale and The Fade Out.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I really really liked Fatale for what it is worth.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Yeah, Fatale was great. I may pick up Criminal, but Fade Out didn't grab me after a first couple of issues.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

The Modern Leper posted:

Yeah, Fatale was great. I may pick up Criminal, but Fade Out didn't grab me after a first couple of issues.

Criminal is the best of the Brubaker/Phillips collabs, and one of my favorite comics of all time. I'll post a rundown of my thoughts on all the story arcs later today for the curious.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

Is anyone else having issues downloading books in the Comixology apps? 12 of my books won't download on either iOS or Android, I can read them fine on the web. Most of them have downloaded fine before so I don't know whats going on now.

I've sent a message to Comixology support, hopefully they can sort it out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I've had issues with it not continuing downloads that stop because the app or iPad was closed.

I've had to pause and unpause them to get it going again.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

Aphrodite posted:

I've had issues with it not continuing downloads that stop because the app or iPad was closed.

I've had to pause and unpause them to get it going again.

I've had those issues, but this is different. The download just doesn't start. and it's random books aswell, most of which i've downloaded in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Dsmif posted:

Is anyone else having issues downloading books in the Comixology apps? 12 of my books won't download on either iOS or Android, I can read them fine on the web. Most of them have downloaded fine before so I don't know whats going on now.

I've sent a message to Comixology support, hopefully they can sort it out.

I've been having trouble today downloading too. I finally got the one I want to read going though, but it's slow going.

EDIT: BULLSHIT! The issue I was trying to download finished, still won't let me read it because the app says it's not done, even though all the pages finished downloading.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 30, 2015