Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

Cruisers aren't even remotely balanced

They are if you aren't terrible at botes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
To be fair, my cruisers would be overpowered too if all they ever fought was NTRabbit.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Well, according to his comments during the match, this player isn't a press account. Supposedly. demoaccount2. Just got out of a game where we were "lucky" enough to have him, along with a Yamato and a Baltimore in a division.

Here were the results.:downs:

Not a single kill by the Hakuryu, Lexington or Yamato, and most of our cruisers wandered off on their own along with both CVs keeping their fighters circling near themselves, leaving the rest of us easy targets for the Shokaku. Not that it actually killed me, merely stripped away ~98% of my health in a single attack.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 29, 2015

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Lord Koth posted:

Well, according to his comments during the match, this player isn't a press account. Supposedly. demoaccount2. Just got out of a game where we were "lucky" enough to have him, along with a Yamato and a Baltimore in a division.

Not a single kill by the Hakuryu, Lexington or Yamato, and most of our cruisers wandered off on their own along with both CVs keeping their fighters circling near themselves, leaving the rest of us easy targets for the Shokaku. Not that it actually killed me, merely stripped away ~98% of my health in a single attack.

Hello! I'm the enemy Iowa with 3100 xp. That guy on your team wouldnt stop crying. Ended up with 7k xp and 500,000 credits.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Lord Koth posted:

I guess the weird thing is why did they bother with the Bogue. Had to play one game in it to see how bad it is?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Zo posted:

But serverwide statistics don't prove anything :downs:

- ntrabbit, a moron and an idiot

This is a pretty common position for people to have... whenever they are wrong.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

James Garfield posted:

To be fair, my cruisers would be overpowered too if all they ever fought was NTRabbit.

I'll admit my Mogami is really overpowered fighting tier 6 and tier 5 battleships.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

DurosKlav posted:

Hello! I'm the enemy Iowa with 3100 xp. That guy on your team wouldnt stop crying. Ended up with 7k xp and 500,000 credits.

Meanwhile, I ended up in the negative :(. Cannot exactly say I was too happy regarding that match. Though I suppose I was too incredulous at the amount of incompetence shown to be particularly angry.

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006
My favorite part of this game is how mad your deceased teammates get about you winning games for them. It's almost like capping and choosing your targets is sacrilege.

It's best in a BB since you have plenty of time to explain why you didn't kill targets "they marked" outside of your gun range and asking your dead carriers why they're mad about winning the game by capturing a zone.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

This is why you don't pop Damage Control Party on the first fire.

The North Carolina popped repair party after a single fire was set by someone else. He immediately popped damage control. My salvo started 1, and a blind Hail Mary salvo over an island started 2. I didn't think much of it until about 45 seconds later I got kill credit for a battleship.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

So I just had the most wtf dispersion shot ever. EVER!

CV trying to ram my Iowa I just barely get my engine going before he hits me. He is no joke about 0.2km away and I fire my rear turret, all 3 shots form a small rainbow and arc completely over the top of the CV.

Ignore the way it shows my turret, it was actually pointing behind.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Xae posted:

This is why you don't pop Damage Control Party on the first fire.

The North Carolina popped repair party after a single fire was set by someone else. He immediately popped damage control. My salvo started 1, and a blind Hail Mary salvo over an island started 2. I didn't think much of it until about 45 seconds later I got kill credit for a battleship.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of situation. A fire or two left going for a while can lop off a pretty good chunk of HP on a battleship. If you wait too long you end up eating a bunch of damage. If you pop it too early and get set on fire again....you'll take a big chunk of damage.

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Aug 29, 2015

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Warbadger posted:

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of situation. A fire or two left going for a while can lop off a pretty good chunk of HP on a battleship. If you wait too long you end up eating a bunch of damage. If you pop it too early and get set on fire again....you'll take a big chunk of damage.

And once you do pop it and the 30 seconds is over you'll probably have another 2 going on you.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

DurosKlav posted:

Seconding this, US BB should always take rudder shift, helps avoid torpedoes. I imagine it works just as well on the Japanese BB but I havent played them so I dont know how well they turn

I do like the reduced time fighting fires, and a bit of foresight can reduce one's chances of eating a torpedo. Honestly, I'd say its up to what a person feels they're in danger of more. Are you worried about ship launched torpedoes more than HE spam or air dropped torps? Take the rudder shift. Think you can dodge air dropped torpedoes better with the rudder shift? Take that mod. Not getting torpedoed by DDs much? Take the damage control.

Elmnt80 posted:

Holy gently caress the atlanta is an absolute monster firing AP at point blank range. 15 seconds to DPM down another atlanta thanks to 8 citadels? Yes please!

I just nailed another Atlanta just like this for a Devastating Strike. Feels really good.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
I, also, love getting an insane number of Citadel Hits on other Cruisers with an Atlanta.

In other news, Matchmaker decided to place a Shokaku against my Independance and I was all "Nah. Naaaaaahhh." and scuttled myself. The best part is some dude named _RAHN_ got so salty over me blowing myself up he tried to private message me after the game ended, which hasn't happened since some Romney war criminal named person thanked me for some stupid thing I don't even remember doing.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Has Wargaming said anything about rewards for ranked matches? They are going to have to be amazing to keep me interested in shooting boats with the upcoming onslaught of new games. Draws, retarded teammates, and the credit grind are getting to me.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

grrarg posted:

Has Wargaming said anything about rewards for ranked matches? They are going to have to be amazing to keep me interested in shooting boats with the upcoming onslaught of new games. Draws, retarded teammates, and the credit grind are getting to me.

Well ranked mode is guaranteed to be certain tier ships, which is a pretty good draw in of itself. I imagine there will be doubloon rewards. Even a nice chunk of flags would be cool.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
The grind gets kind of lovely around tier 4-5, and I imagine it just keeps getting worse. I don't know, because I just keep dropping into games now and then without really grinding the game.

Can't say I really like a lot of the stuff revolving around damage and armor. Fire is absolutely ridiculous. I almost never shoot anything but HE in my cruisers because it's guaranteed to set something on fire, which will force the enemy to blow their repair crew- So I can set them on fire again.

Meanwhile, in my battleship, I can consistently land shells on target... But I don't ever seem to do anything unless I hit them in the citadel. Meanwhile my big stupid ship is made out of kerosene and farts. There's not a lot I can do to mitigate the constant fires that gently caress me sideways the second I engage anything. I wonder why I even bother shooting AP most of the time.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

The grind gets kind of lovely around tier 4-5, and I imagine it just keeps getting worse. I don't know, because I just keep dropping into games now and then without really grinding the game.

Can't say I really like a lot of the stuff revolving around damage and armor. Fire is absolutely ridiculous. I almost never shoot anything but HE in my cruisers because it's guaranteed to set something on fire, which will force the enemy to blow their repair crew- So I can set them on fire again.

Meanwhile, in my battleship, I can consistently land shells on target... But I don't ever seem to do anything unless I hit them in the citadel. Meanwhile my big stupid ship is made out of kerosene and farts. There's not a lot I can do to mitigate the constant fires that gently caress me sideways the second I engage anything. I wonder why I even bother shooting AP most of the time.

Just like in Warthunder, unless you want to try competitive clan matches or whatever, there's no reason to rush for t10. Find a ship you like and play that ship and have fun. Otherwise, don't worry too hard about it. Nothing sucks the fun out of a game like throwing yourself at a ship over and over and crawling until you get it and having it be the focus of your gameplay until then.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Tirpitz is up on eu store for 60€

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Goddamn, I missed my X by 1 shot twice. First time my guns refused to fire when I'd just torpedoed the guy and he had 200 HP left. Next time, my shell landed a split second after another player's.

XAEEA to go.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Just 2 letters left for me, a second E, and L. Managed to snag the P with some flooding damage, and I was able to cover a good number of old letters with old screenshots.

Using the Murmansk for this makes it super easy. I'm also making mad money too.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

saihttam posted:

Tirpitz is up on eu store for 60€

60€ seems insane.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Missing an E and X.

Grinding the hell out of the Iowa tonight. 100k from the Montana.

And I just got my Bingo.

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004
Need 2 e's and an H. My stats are tanking since I keep escaping out if nobody has letters I need; good thing I give 0 fucks about stats.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I mean, I've got all but 5 letters in one night of playing, I'm not worried about finishing before the week ends.

I wonder if the Marblehead will come with a free slot like the Albany did?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Night10194 posted:

I mean, I've got all but 5 letters in one night of playing, I'm not worried about finishing before the week ends.

I wonder if the Marblehead will come with a free slot like the Albany did?

I believe it does. It would be silly if it didn't, to be honest.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Am I missing something? I'm a Euro if that matters.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Gort posted:

Am I missing something? I'm a Euro if that matters.

Reddit says the code no longer works. If that's the case, that's a load of poo poo.

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'
Not working for me either (US here)

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
:wargaming:
drat that is a super short code. At least the marblehead contest is still ongoing, and I've snagged all my letters. Its very helpful to have half of your letters already saved, because I'm a stat bitch who saves some nice scores occasionally.

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004
Finished, that went a lot faster than I thought it would once I figured out the best way to go was just cycling through my Murmansk, Atago and Kongo. I tried using carriers but it wasn't nearly reliable enough. Yeah you could focus that one guy you needed, but too often I wouldn't be able to one shot them and someone else would swing in to finish them off. Everything else was either too slow, too fragile, or required a lot of shooting to kill someone (loving Cleavland) which meant I'd work off 99% of a dudes HP and someone would swoop in and fire that last shot to kill him. I found the best way to do it was with something fast and bursty.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

SquadronROE posted:

Are there any other games out there like World of Warships, which let you drive WW2 ships? I love WoWS but want to vary it up a bit.

There's Battlestations Midway/Pacific. Pretty sure the online playerbase is long dead, but there's campaigns and a skirmish mode

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Idiots that paid 60€ for the Tirpitz whining because they're getting slaughtered by carriers with its lackluster AA guns.

What a surprise.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Krogort posted:

Idiots that paid 60€ for the Tirpitz whining because they're getting slaughtered by carriers with its lackluster AA guns.

What a surprise.

But... But... But, my Teutonic supremacy.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh

JacksLibido posted:

Need 2 e's and an H.

DurosKlav posted:

Missing an E and X.

Hazdoc posted:

Just 2 letters left for me, a second E, and L.

Night10194 posted:

XAEEA to go.

Oh god, my name starts with an E and now I realize why everyone was so loving horny for me last night.

mik fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Aug 29, 2015

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Oh god, I'm going to be a massive target.

E: If I torpedo myself, does that count?

psy.Che
Feb 23, 2011
Tier VIII is completely unplayable in Europe right now. Everybody is in their Tirpitz and way too afraid of losing their ship to actually move forward. This is my general issue with the Mogami - I can't bear to wait 10 minutes every match until my BBs have managed to get in range, so I die solo in front of the rest. Should just afk for 5 minutes at the start.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
I finished my PAXMARBLEHEAD yesterday. What's fun is assassinating targets with a minekaze and making a good get away. What's not fun is accidentally dismissing a six skill (almost 7) IJN DD captain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

psy.Che posted:

Tier VIII is completely unplayable in Europe right now. Everybody is in their Tirpitz and way too afraid of losing their ship to actually move forward. This is my general issue with the Mogami - I can't bear to wait 10 minutes every match until my BBs have managed to get in range, so I die solo in front of the rest. Should just afk for 5 minutes at the start.

As an EU player I can confirm that cowardice is the EU meta. Like all ramming each other in the middle of the map is the Russian meta and having really easy fish in a barrel style games is the US meta.