Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClassicFascist
Jul 8, 2011

paradigmblue posted:

Joint South Korean / US live fire excercises:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVXQlkpaC5k

Some great shots of F-15s and even some F-4s, which I didn't know were being used anymore.

Wow even some Migs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Dead Reckoning posted:

It's UPT, man. Think of it like a fifth year of college.

With the added rapey benefit of FAIPs, at least half of whom are like Wooderson from Dazed and Confused.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

right arm posted:

This guy hasn't had sex.

I bet you've hosed a lot of pilots

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde

Boomerjinks posted:

Srsly, loving video games, when are you going to learn what turbofans sound like?

From 2008
http://www.outlawperformance.com/movies/A10.wmv

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Baracula posted:

I bet you've hosed a lot of pilots

based on that photo he probably doesnt remember it

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde

ClassicFascist posted:

Wow even some Migs!

I see what you did there.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

Scratch Monkey posted:

What it looks like when you learn you're going to get trained to fly an F-15

I didn't notice till I got home and wasn't on mobile that his 'sleeves' are those loving fake mesh arm thingies. Dear god, I can smell the Axe from here.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I'm guessing it was a theme night of some sort. Hence the one guy's temporary neck tattoo

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

A bunch of stuff about T-72s in Syria (T-72s are Cold War enough);

http://sturgeonshouse.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/754-syrian-tanks-at-war-some-pictures-and-words-between-them/#entry21646

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid

thetechnoloser posted:

I didn't notice till I got home and wasn't on mobile that his 'sleeves' are those loving fake mesh arm thingies. Dear god, I can smell the Axe from here.

Better than having real ones.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

ClassicFascist posted:

Wow even some Migs!

And PHANTOMS! WOW!

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Boomerjinks posted:

And PHANTOMS! WOW!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Scratch Monkey posted:

What it looks like when you learn you're going to get trained to fly an F-15

Ugh.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

It's okay, he'll be horribly injured when his 35 year old fighter falls apart from under him.

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
Can you go straight from UPT to F-22 school or do they only take existing F-15 pilots for the job?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
You can go straight to Raptors. I've sat in plenty of Red Flag briefings with Raptor Lt pilots.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The Raptor pipeline opened up to new pilots around 2005. Hell, the F-15 pipeline has been practically shut down. In the mid 2000s, there were three F-15 training squadrons at Tyndall, plus a small ANG schoolhouse in Oregon. Oregon now handles ALL F-15 students.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Leather Bear posted:

You can go straight to Raptors. I've sat in plenty of Red Flag briefings with Raptor Lt pilots.

Compared to other fighter pilots, how smug were they?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

ArchangeI posted:

Breathlessly so? :downsrim:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

priznat posted:

Breathlessly so? :downsrim:

lol I was in a briefing with Raptor pilots where they were the smuggest pilots ever which is saying something. It took a more senior Raptor convert pilot to acknowledge that they are not literally invincible.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I'm really glad none of the Lt Raptor pilots were ever allowed to talk when I was around. I can only imagine the Red Flag shot vals.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

T-72s are Cold War epitomized. Also you know the poster is Russian because he refers to whomever the Syrian government tanks are fighting as "terrorists"

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

ArchangeI posted:

They were awful people.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

An assistant professor in the law department of the US Military Academy at West Point has argued that legal scholars critical of the war on terrorism represent a “treasonous” fifth column that should be attacked as enemy combatants.

Also that we should nuke Mecca, but he's late to the party on that one.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

1st amendment owns

that guy can say his poo poo, and i can call him a loving retard

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

William C Bradford posted:

I love sticking my dick in the middle east, especially when poors die. Poors or browns, I don't care.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

bitcoin bastard posted:

1st amendment owns

Until the GOP wins.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
A buddy of mine is an instructor at WP and this was shall we say not well received by the faculty.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Scratch Monkey posted:

T-72s are Cold War epitomized. Also you know the poster is Russian because he refers to whomever the Syrian government tanks are fighting as "terrorists"

Well, the parts about tanks only operating with infantry cover and "not standing around" fly in the face of every video out of Syria featuring the government's tanks getting their poo poo pushed in. Of which there are an awful lot at this point. Especially this year which has seen the government steadily losing ground to the "terrorists" (see: 70% of the country).

The part about them getting a couple hundred proper Soviet T-72A's back in the 80's rather than export tanks is true, at least. By the 80's the T-72A was one gen behind the newer T-72B, thus the T-72A started seeing some export both with some army stocks being sold off along with the near-identical T-72M1. It's been a pretty neat fact to be aware of when people go on about "monkey models" during a RUSSIA TANK STRONK diatribe.

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 30, 2015

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Godholio posted:

Until the GOP wins.

Nah, they're aiming for the 14th right now.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Nah, they're aiming for the 14th right now.

Yeah, I figured the GOP was going after the 14th to pander to the hardcore christian nutbars while the Dems seemed more likely to go after the 1st because hate speech or whatever.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

bewbies posted:

A buddy of mine is an instructor at WP and this was shall we say not well received by the faculty.

:lol: Yeah, I imagine it wasn't.

Seriously, it sounds like something the guy wrote in 2005 to impress the Office of Legal Counsel then forgot to publish for 10 years.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Scratch Monkey posted:

Well he's not wrong at this point of time, as ISIS have killed most of the legitimate rebels. :smith:

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Scratch Monkey posted:

Yep, him (and a couple of the other posters over there) are Russian. Judging by their posting, the national pastime of Russia is looking at pictures of military poo poo online.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Warbadger posted:

Yeah, I figured the GOP was going after the 14th to pander to the hardcore christian nutbars while the Dems seemed more likely to go after the 1st because hate speech or whatever.

All it'll take is President Trump to make one offhand comment about traitorous opinions.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Godholio posted:

All it'll take is President Trump to make one offhand comment about traitorous opinions.

Are you or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party?

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Forums Terrorist posted:

It's okay, he'll be horribly injured when his 35 year old fighter falls apart from under him.

I hope a wing doesn't fall off, that'd be terrible :v:

Crescendo
Apr 24, 2005

Strafe those atheistic degenerates. Color them green with lots of holes.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

lol