Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I am upset that the microwave gun is not you holding a microwave open (with a screwdriver stuck in the door hole) with a chance to launch a hot pocket that either explodes into lava or freezes enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Inzombiac posted:

I am upset that the microwave gun is not you holding a microwave open (with a screwdriver stuck in the door hole) with a chance to launch a hot pocket that either explodes into lava orand freezes enemies.

I had to fix part of your post to make it more realistic.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The boosted Trench Gun is pretty good now. I can consistently headshot things again and it does a respectable job on Husks.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Huh, I tried to enable Flex, but it only lead to the game crashing to desktop shortly after the first splash screen after starting it. Eh, it probably would have been too much for my 660 at any rate.

But anyways, if anybody happens to end up with the same problem, the way to fix it is to go to "C:\Users\*Yourname*\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config", open up "GFXSettings.KFGame.xml" in a text editor, then go down to the last entry with the attribute "Name="Flex"" and change the "Value" attribute to 0.

Oh, on that note, it seems like it's no longer possible to easily adjust the number of persistent corpses by loving around with the .inis, they always get reset on startup :(

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Can anyone confirm if using a second Geforce card as a dedicated PhysX processor works in this game? I assume you'd need as GTX 650 Ti or better dedicated.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Perestroika posted:

Huh, I tried to enable Flex, but it only lead to the game crashing to desktop shortly after the first splash screen after starting it. Eh, it probably would have been too much for my 660 at any rate.

I remember reading it needed a 700-series card but I don't know if that's a hard requirement or "your card will melt unless you have something this powerful"

One of these days I'll remember to turn it on, at least the non-framerate-obliterating part.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

The zweihander is the best berserker weapon because the way that it gibs zeds is beautiful to behold, also after doing that you can reload it to fling the blood off onto the wall
Someone find a sufficiently blank canvas in a level and make a zweihander blood painting

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Is it just me, or is Hans's melee attack doing way, way too much damage? I just got one-hit KO'd from 8 armor, 54 health on Hard, which seems excessive for that difficulty.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Two things: when fiddling about with characters and gear, the characters should say something so you know which voice they are, and there should also be a way to vote to change the difficulty

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Demo's grenade pistol is not good enough to be your permanent secondary considering you can't take M79+RPG at any point ever :\

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

brocretin posted:

Is it just me, or is Hans's melee attack doing way, way too much damage? I just got one-hit KO'd from 8 armor, 54 health on Hard, which seems excessive for that difficulty.

He killed my buddy at 75 health and no armor, does 54 to a level 25 zerk with full armor.

I still fight him as a zerk but going face to face with him is a huge mistake, I bop him run past him, hit him again, block him a bit while everyone unloads, he's real dangerous at close range.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Psion posted:

Demo's grenade pistol is not good enough to be your permanent secondary considering you can't take M79+RPG at any point ever :\

I want to see how good it is at a higher level and with the increased damage perk but yeah, at this point it's like if in KF1 all you could do is go M79 or LAW and nothing else. Really, if the C4 had proximity capabilities I might try it too but I just want the pipe bombs back because I am a stupid baby who doesn't want to keep track of the order and remote detonate them (I'm guessing they probably will be added at a later time to give a choice between the two) although I heard you can stick enemies with the C4, which is pretty cool. Also, does the 100% siren-resistant ammo work on C4? Because if you can put C4/pipe bombs down that aren't destroyed by sirens that'd be a really good perk for Demo then.

Abandoned Toaster fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Aug 29, 2015

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Psion posted:

I remember reading it needed a 700-series card but I don't know if that's a hard requirement or "your card will melt unless you have something this powerful"

One of these days I'll remember to turn it on, at least the non-framerate-obliterating part.

I have it set on "gibs" on my 670 and that seems okay.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I'm running max Flex, everything else maxed reasonably well on a GTX850M, that's a laptop gpu. Not solid 60, but i could easily get there by turning down a few options.

For some reason the game freezes 2-3 during the shopping period roughly 30-20 seconds before the next wave starts. No idea what's being loaded there, but i'm assuming my (non-SSD) steam folder drive being the culprit.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

pedro0930 posted:

The new bearzerker is tons of fun. The Zweihandler is suitably meaty and satisfying to use, though I kind of wonder if the hammer is still a better choice (if someone can give a quick outline of their use cases that'd be awesome).

I'd argue that the Zweihander is the superior of the two. The Pulverizer has, I think, a higher damage output with it's secondary explosive attack, but a) that requires reloading every five swings, and b) consumes ammo. The Zweihander, on the other hand, never needs to be reloaded, consumes no ammo, and has a somewhat longer reach. The Zweihander also dishes out more damage for a basic swing. Moreover, if I've done my math correctly and the data that I'm using is correct, a max-level Berserker with a Zweihander can one-shot every enemy short of the Big Guys by smacking them in the head with a heavy attack. This is also true for the Pulverizer, since it has an overall higher damage output, but using ammo to get that higher output simply isn't necessary.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

az posted:

I found four swat weapons in the files before and you're far faaar away from reality ;)

Still waiting for this, az :v:

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Nade Pistol really does need a bigger splash radius to at least help Demos get some assists. Levelling Firebug is so much faster and you make so much more money per round.

Or I'm just poo poo at Demo I guess...

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I took Demo to 5. Thoughts and observations:

The pistol is weird. If you can't procure an elevated position or there is no room to jump around and the zeds are coming in a straight line, the pistol is weak as hell unless they spread out, killing a Gorefast in one shot only if they are at close range.

C4s are expensive and limited. But they are your only close quarters tool to get zeds off your face - Sirens stop that, which means a surrounded demo has no escape mechanism.

The grenade launcher is great. Explosions are visceral and feel good.

The RPG owns bones.

Demo is pretty bad for solo play. I had to kill Hans by knifing him for 10 minutes after running out of RPG and C4s and the T3-T4 weapons not priming before a certain distance makes solo even harder.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Does the Siren protection skill make your C4 immune to her as well?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Questioner - I have to say, whatever people are saying online, regarding patch notes, feedback on changes, or anything - the team at tripwire should be proud that at the core of it, you've made a Good Game.

When on suicidal, with a decent group of leveled pubs, "Collapsing" came on during a hectic sixth wave - everything clicked. It was like I was on autopilot for awesome.

That being said will you guys be adding more music options? Payday let's me select which songs I'll hear. I'd also like to be able to skip songs - by pressing ESC or having a tooltip during TAB.

I'm not even big into metal but when Collapsing comes on I feel like rambo, especially now that explosions and poo poo are happening all over the place.

COLLAPSING IN

ON YOURSELF

edit: people are listening to the payday soundtrack when they stream this, which seems like a pretty good idea. But it's not the same if it's not metal. Does someone have a youtube playlist of metal songs that are good to play to?

forest spirit fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 30, 2015

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You can stick enemies with the C4.

Time to give a scrake a new hat. :lol:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Azran posted:

Demo is pretty bad for solo play. I had to kill Hans by knifing him for 10 minutes after running out of RPG and C4s and the T3-T4 weapons not priming before a certain distance makes solo even harder.

I found that- at least when going Demo Solo- I should always run and make sure I can get the rocket to explode. I also found you should wait at least three seconds before detonating more C4 on Hans' face.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

If it does, NEW STRATEGY~

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Would it be possible to assign "detonate C4" to another button, I.E., so that you could detonate it with another weapon out? It's just so crazy to manage it with more than 3-4 C4 out at a time, switching to the detonator and remembering which is assigned to which click in the midst of the chaos is really hard.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Would it be possible to assign "detonate C4" to another button, I.E., so that you could detonate it with another weapon out? It's just so crazy to manage it with more than 3-4 C4 out at a time, switching to the detonator and remembering which is assigned to which click in the midst of the chaos is really hard.

agreed

Finlands Sexiest
Feb 26, 2007

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Sadly, no :(

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Let's have C4-chat for a minute, here. The people who are saying that it needs a button you can use to detonate it without switching to the detonator are basically right. It's kind of a burden to do that. Beyond that, though, C4 is kind of fun to use, but really inefficient. At level 25, it looks like each C4 does just over 1000 damage, with diminishing returns for stacking explosions. That's a solid amount of damage, to be sure. But there are at least two problems that I can see.

First, each C4 costs $100. Compare that to a ~900 damage RPG rocket. I can get something like 6 of those rockets for $150. That's pretty stupid.

The second major issue is that, as others have identified, it's really difficult to actually set out all your C4 and expect to use that in an efficient way. If you could quickly select which one you want to detonate, you could plausibly lay out traps in all the chokepoints you care about. That would be good. As it stands, though, you really can't do that since there's no way to know what order you'll need to detonate them in.

Overall, I just don't really understand how C4 exists as a tier-two weapon. It works, but it's clunky, and the limited amount of charges is somewhat disappointing. Again, compare to having as many as 17 rockets that are almost as damaging.

On the upshot, you can stick the C4 to Zeds and that should never ever change.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I hope they rethink delaying weapon spawns to later waves because, by the time they've shown up, a lot of players will already have two weapons in their loadout and be unable to pick them up. They wind up being wasted unless you are a Support with Weight. Actually, they become actively detrimental because they reduce the chances of ammo drops, which would be way more useful at that point.

If the intent is to balance economy, I'd much rather they'd revert to old weapon drop frequency and reduce their sell price even more instead of having weapon drops being useless like they are right now.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Basically, new weapons should only spawn in waves 1 and 2, or not spawn at all and have ammo boxes replace them entirely.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Also C4 scaling from 3-8 charges is pretty harsh. It should start with ~6 to be useful at low levels. 3 C4 for 650 dosh is by far the worst tier 2 purchase in the game, it's just mega-salt in the wound for a low rank demo with a bad grenade pistol and an overly-expensive tier 3 (all tier 3s are overpriced imo)

Psion fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Aug 30, 2015

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
I think the C4 and M79 should switch tiers, and C4 should either do a lot more damage or come with more charges. It just seems out of place in tier 2.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I think the C4 and M79 should switch tiers, and C4 should either do a lot more damage or come with more charges. It just seems out of place in tier 2.

I think it's sufficiently damaging since it looks like it'll basically one-shot everything except for Scrakes and Pounds if they're sufficiently close. I wouldn't mind a small damage buff to make sure that HoE Husks die without needing to be right on top of it, but just over 1000 damage is nothing to scoff at.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Also, I had a thought about zed time perks.

Right now, the only zed time perks which are good are ones like berserker's movespeed/attackspeed in zed time. I think part of the reason for this is if you kill something to trigger zed time, you aren't potentially screwed out of the benefit (which is usually "kill things harder") because you don't have to reload a sword or crovel. You just start swinging at 300% speed or something.

So as a general statement if a zed time perk involves shooting, somehow there has to be a way for them to always be able to shoot and get that effect or else the bonus is more annoying than useful. Either an auto-reload on zed time (so you always have a shot ready) or guaranteeing the shot which triggers zed time will also proc the effect (it might be on a crawler but at least you made something explode) or something like zed time gives you one "charge" and your next shot - whatever it is - will proc the effect even if zed time has expired.

I think this hits demo the hardest (and demo doesn't need to be hit the hardest) because all your weapons are single shot so it's almost inevitable you will be reloading in a zed time.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao6oz21yQGE

Loving this game, and I'm really excited to see where it is once all content is added.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I'd totally agree with this. Due to the cost trade off of C4 packs versus M79 rounds I just deal with the suck of the nade pistol for what feels like forever until I can just afford the M79 halfway through the game.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

This answer appears to be wrong.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Awesome as poo poo but is the immunity only if you're throwing it at her or it's already stuck to her?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Awesome as poo poo but is the immunity only if you're throwing it at her or it's already stuck to her?

I tossed it onto her as she was screaming, and it clearly made it.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
So... are you not supposed to be able to parry the attacks when his chainsaw is glowing?

also more gifs

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

The first time I saw a Scrake's chainsaw glow I was playing firebug and I somehow jumped to the conclusion that burning them superheated the chainsaw and made it more powerful. I was slightly disappointed to discover that was not the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finlands Sexiest
Feb 26, 2007

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Aaah cool, I just tried it with berserker's resistance, didn't know demo has one too