Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowling 4 buttcoins
Mar 13, 2011

Captain Apollo posted:

I have 1000 dollars to spend. I have a stock 2013 Gt.

Tell me the most important mods you'd make.

From your post history I can tell you have an Auto Shaker 500 (premium?) GT. You can do a lot with 1000 dollars... maybe its time to start saving for a supercharger?

Interior:
~80 Front door speakers
~450 Valentine 1+blendmount/hardwire
900~1000 touchscreen nav/head unit

Exterior:
~500 Boss 302 grille and/or high flow upper/lower grill deletes
~200 Side skirts
~200 GT500 Rear Valance
~30 Shorty Antenna
~200 Tints

Performance mods:
~200 Springs to ~1000 lovely coilovers
200~650 Rear control packages (UCA/UCA Mount/LCA,LCA relocation brackets)
160~350 Stability packages (GT500 mounts for oem suspension, adjustable pan hard bar/brace)
~400 for front and rear sways
~650 for Watt's Link
~1000 boss manifold/Intake/tune
~1000 Rear 15x10 and 275 tire package

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Louvers count as a performance mod.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I'd probably do suspension and brakes on a s197 first. Alternatively if there is something about the car that bugs you and you want to change it you should do that first.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
suspension mods are my vote!!!!!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Rear upper control arms imo. Stomping it off the line is probably the most common thing you'd do with a GT off the track, and tamping down on wheel hop and the like is really really nice.

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
I would love to do some suspension mods. I use it a daily driver about 2-3 days a week and use my beater truck the rest of the time

However, now I live in a state where the roads are TERRIBLE. Should I even bother with suspension upgrades when the potholes and roads will only degrade it?

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

Probably not if you're not a track day type.

But, if you're going the other way and adding Raptor-esque suspension travel then hell yeah.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Tires

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI

bowling 4 buttcoins posted:

From your post history I can tell you have an Auto Shaker 500 (premium?) GT. You can do a lot with 1000 dollars... maybe its time to start saving for a supercharger?

Interior:
~80 Front door speakers
~450 Valentine 1+blendmount/hardwire
900~1000 touchscreen nav/head unit

Exterior:
~500 Boss 302 grille and/or high flow upper/lower grill deletes
~200 Side skirts
~200 GT500 Rear Valance
~30 Shorty Antenna
~200 Tints

Performance mods:
~200 Springs to ~1000 lovely coilovers
200~650 Rear control packages (UCA/UCA Mount/LCA,LCA relocation brackets)
160~350 Stability packages (GT500 mounts for oem suspension, adjustable pan hard bar/brace)
~400 for front and rear sways
~650 for Watt's Link
~1000 boss manifold/Intake/tune
~1000 Rear 15x10 and 275 tire package

PS Thanks for the list. It has been saved and printed!!!

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Update on MAP tune since I've had some time with it, for the 2 people that care.

Adam's really good at looking at how the car performs in all situations and tuning the car to be really effective in them. So there's a poo poo ton more torque, always. I wanted to do some 0-60s as sort of a baseline for performance(I really need some 1/4 mile runs). Before the tune the best I was getting was 5.9(85+ degrees, MT, and lovely all seasons). In the same conditions so far I've managed to get 5.6 quite a few times. These tires are garbage and if I try to do any sort of drop at all I spin for days(which also didn't happen as much pre tune). I think maybe if I had some cooler weather and not lovely tires I could see something like a 5.2(again only mod is intake and tune).

Back to how the car feels, though. You can tell the hp still sort of falls off at top end but it's much smoother feeling than before. The car doesn't just decide to die at 5500, it will still pull to around 6k and then you start to feel it drop off. Not a huge improvement but it ~feels~ better. The car also sounds healthier. I know Ford had to make sure the car could handle all gas and heat/altitude variables, but it never really sounded like a healthy engine. It's much more lively and happy to rev, and with the boost levels a little more stable the turbo also seems slightly happier to :toot: along.

I'd say even stock I think a tune is worth it for the EB but if you are gonna mod you reaaaaally need to do it(and get some good rubber). When I do exhaust/downpipe I'm going to contact Adam again and have him work his magic.

ps: if you are going to tune the 3 to look at atm are Unleashed, MAP, and Livernois

GabbiLB fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 29, 2015

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I care. :saddowns:

Glad you had good experience.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Captain Apollo posted:

I have 1000 dollars to spend. I have a stock 2013 Gt.

Tell me the most important mods you'd make.

The number one most important upgrade if you have a mustang gt is to let the engine sing. What's the use of having a v8 if it doesn't roar.

So buy a Corsa axle back and call it a day. No drone just beautiful brapp and burbles. Save up for the corsa x pipe I believe it needs to be welded in.

...After a couple months throw a tune on the engine with possibly a new intake. Then save up for some Michelin super sports which will give you better handling and feel than the p zeros. After that you can tackle making the handling

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

coolskillrex remix posted:

The number one most important upgrade if you have a mustang gt is gears

Unless you already have 3.73s or deeper, that's the first place I'd look. I'm not sure what you've got already, though.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvbF6kDhWyU

wat

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
*mustang slowly catches up*
*doesn't show ET*

destroyed

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Seems to me the mustang didn't launch properly anyway.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then
That Mustang didn't launch at all.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
As it turns out, a "slower" car can beat what should be a "faster" car if the driver of the "faster" car can't drive for poo poo. :monocle:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Dick Burglar posted:

As it turns out, a "slower" car can beat what should be a "faster" car if the driver of the "faster" car can't drive for poo poo. :monocle:

A 2CV traveling at 60 mph is faster than a La Ferrari traveling at 59 mph.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

El Scotch posted:

A 2CV traveling at 60 mph is faster than a La Ferrari traveling at 59 mph.

A 2CV going 60mph is one that was pushed off a cliff.

Habibus
Jan 9, 2005

But I poop from there!
Quick mod update from me and my 2013 GT Premium A6.

I took it to the track stock and ran 13.0 @ 109 with a 2.0 60'. Stock 235 18" All Seasons.
Since then I have added a JLT CAI, Boss intake manifold, off-road x-pipe, and a Bama V2 tune. Took it to the track again and ran a 13.7 @ 107! Progress!
So next up are tires of course. I will be getting some Mickey Thompson Street ETS in 265s for the stock rimz which I am going to plasti dip black (the shiny silver look looks weird on Deep Impact Blue to me when all the other accents are already black). Also some Steeda ultralight springs to get rid of the F-150 look, panhard bar, and some lower control arms.

I figure that should tide me over until I get either a Paxton or Whipple. I know the Paxton has more potential, but the former Pontiac Bonneville SSEi owner in me screams for the Whipple just for the whine. God do I miss the the whine of the M90 on my Bonnville.
I'm loving the car, it's pretty drat fast as it sits now. I have to say it would probably be as fast or faster than what my 2009 G8 GT was when I sold it. And that had full exhaust, intake, 226/234 Cam, intake and Pat G tune. Never got around to taking it to the track after everything, but I should've been low 12s if not mid 11s with a good launch.

As someone who used to rag on Mustangs all the time, and who has friends say they'd disown me if I got a Mustang, I'm very happy with the car, and my friends didn't really disown me. A+++ would purchase again.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Habibus posted:

Bama V2 tune

Aren't these the assholes who disable the knock sensors because "ehhhh you don't need 'em" and singlehandedly got Ford to stop honoring warranty on cars with a tune?

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Raluek posted:

Aren't these the assholes who disable the knock sensors because "ehhhh you don't need 'em" and singlehandedly got Ford to stop honoring warranty on cars with a tune?

Yes, they are also so lazy that they don't want to bother with the 15 pcm and have stuck 14 poo poo on their 15 car so that they can brag about getting 9s.

bowling 4 buttcoins
Mar 13, 2011

Habibus posted:

Quick mod update from me and my 2013 GT Premium A6.

I took it to the track stock and ran 13.0 @ 109 with a 2.0 60'. Stock 235 18" All Seasons.
Since then I have added a JLT CAI, Boss intake manifold, off-road x-pipe, and a Bama V2 tune. Took it to the track again and ran a 13.7 @ 107! Progress!
So next up are tires of course. I will be getting some Mickey Thompson Street ETS in 265s for the stock rimz which I am going to plasti dip black (the shiny silver look looks weird on Deep Impact Blue to me when all the other accents are already black). Also some Steeda ultralight springs to get rid of the F-150 look, panhard bar, and some lower control arms.

I figure that should tide me over until I get either a Paxton or Whipple. I know the Paxton has more potential, but the former Pontiac Bonneville SSEi owner in me screams for the Whipple just for the whine. God do I miss the the whine of the M90 on my Bonnville.
I'm loving the car, it's pretty drat fast as it sits now. I have to say it would probably be as fast or faster than what my 2009 G8 GT was when I sold it. And that had full exhaust, intake, 226/234 Cam, intake and Pat G tune. Never got around to taking it to the track after everything, but I should've been low 12s if not mid 11s with a good launch.

As someone who used to rag on Mustangs all the time, and who has friends say they'd disown me if I got a Mustang, I'm very happy with the car, and my friends didn't really disown me. A+++ would purchase again.

What altitude/DA are you at? You should be seeing around a 1.7-2.0 60' and in the low 12s with your current modifications.

Habibus
Jan 9, 2005

But I poop from there!

bowling 4 buttcoins posted:

What altitude/DA are you at? You should be seeing around a 1.7-2.0 60' and in the low 12s with your current modifications.

I'm still on stock tires. I didn't have traction until 3rd gear. My 60 foot was 2.5 with mods.

In liking the Bama v2 tune. They supposedly have a new tuner. Lots of people say it's a big improvement over the v1, I never had that one. The automatic feels much better than the tune o had on my G8. Had a local guy tune it then did a remote PatG tune. Different cars and a stall in the G8 as well but the transmissions are pretty similar.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then
w00t w00t. Dealer called......
pics after lunch when I get to go pick it up and make the DIB club jealous.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

ilkhan posted:

Awwww yisss.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Godspeed. I hope the 16s have all the 15 QC issues sorted out.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Buhbuhj posted:

Godspeed. I hope the 16s have all the 15 QC issues sorted out.
The issues aren't too bad, I know what to check. I'll be going out and inspecting it closely again before I sign on the line.

Panel gaps look good, front bumper isn't quite perfect but it's acceptable. Good to go.

On the other hand the paperwork is enough to drive you to suicide garrrr.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Sep 4, 2015

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Drove my '15 Mustang Gt w/ Recaros 1100 miles yesterday from the Seattle area to the Los Angeles area...I'm a fat dude, 6'1" 300, overall the Recaros were fairly comfortable but I did notice that I tended to lean towards the right bolster which did put a lot of pressure on those ribs. Sometimes when I got out at a rest stop I had to really stretch that side to get out the kinks. Drive time was roughly 17 hours and I averaged 24.1 MPG @ 71ish MPH.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then
skipped the wash at the dealer, I'll let it cool off from the day's heat and do a quick wash tonight. Then wash/wax on Sunday.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

ilkhan posted:

Hot drat.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

ilkhan posted:

skipped the wash at the dealer, I'll let it cool off from the day's heat and do a quick wash tonight. Then wash/wax on Sunday.

Really needs some matte black rtr style rims that guard color looks so fuckin good the silver ones just aren't cool enough

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

ilkhan posted:

Nice guard

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

coolskillrex remix posted:

Really needs some matte black rtr style rims that guard color looks so fuckin good the silver ones just aren't cool enough

:agreed:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then
:D

and between that and this I'm done spending money for a while.

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.
Welcome to the club! That is a great looking color, but I'm biased towards DIB :P Any plans for it, or going to leave it stock for a while?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

ArthurDent posted:

Welcome to the club! That is a great looking color, but I'm biased towards DIB :P Any plans for it, or going to leave it stock for a while?
I was planning on a good ceramic tint job but the onset of winter and the bike took that away for the moment.
Considering dipping the hood vents and/or wheels black, we'll see if that happens.
I'm getting a hitch to hang a bike rack on, but nothing immediate besides those.

e: The coyote is a loving beast, and 435hp is no joke. Jesus Christ....I push the throttle, the car slightly squats and it just takes off. The seats are great, the stereo/sync3 is good, the soundtrack is addictive... 10.x mpg since delivery over 30 miles or so, and I've already kissed 100. I have no restraint with that soundtrack around. Even without the PP (which I only semi-regret, it has a lot of downsides to match the upsides), I must go do track days. Must.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 5, 2015

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Who likes short-shorts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Sitting in a black on black car in 86 degree weather for 45 minutes trying to fix my (aftermarket) guage problem:

I fix it, only to then notice that my passenger seatbelt retractor took a poo poo on me. Its locked into place, and won't move at all. Won't wind up any, wont give me any more slack. Figures I notice it on the day Im supposed to take a girl for a drive.