Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

100 years Rick and Morty is still one of my favorite bits. I don't know why people are so horrified of putting someone off with the pilot as if it's horrible quality or significantly different from the rest of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That was what got me into the show.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
the opening and ending of the pilot are perfect in every way

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
http://www.100timesrickandmorty.com/

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

It's actually really good. Maybe a little unpolished compared to the rest of the series so far, but a great episode nonetheless.

The pilot is the second worst episode, next to Get Schwifty. They're still excellent television, even the Simpsons had a few B and B+ episodes during its golden run.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

SwissCM posted:

The pilot is the second worst episode, next to Get Schwifty. They're still excellent television, even the Simpsons had a few B and B+ episodes during its golden run.

You know, I was never much of a fan of Anatomy Park.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'd say if you're looking for the perfect "this is how the show is" episode either Meeseeks and Destroy or Rick Potion 9 are the way to go. You get everything that is good about the show in those. I'd say Meeseeks first since the Rick and Morty dying thing is a lot better once you've connected with them for a few episodes.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'd say if you're looking for the perfect "this is how the show is" episode either Meeseeks and Destroy or Rick Potion 9 are the way to go. You get everything that is good about the show in those. I'd say Meeseeks first since the Rick and Morty dying thing is a lot better once you've connected with them for a few episodes.

I wonder how many people stopped watching this series after the jellybean rape scene.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Rixty Minutes is a great choice too since it's just so off the walls and doesn't really require much knowledge of the show or characters. Two Brothers is insane and hilarious and perfect.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Problem is, if you guys consider the pilot a weaker episode, why not show that first? They have nothing to compare it too and they won't feel let down later on.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

Problem is, if you guys consider the pilot a weaker episode, why not show that first? They have nothing to compare it too and they won't feel let down later on.

Because I watched the pilot and hated it and didn't start watching it again until a friend made me watch the dog inception episode.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I just figured out the Morty picture on Birdmans wall. Morty is Ricks clone. He implanted her in his daughter around the time of prom night. That's why they keep dropping refs to the whole married-because-you-got-pregnant thing. They're setting up the big reveal.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I just figured out the Morty picture on Birdmans wall. Morty is Ricks clone. He implanted her in his daughter around the time of prom night. That's why they keep dropping refs to the whole married-because-you-got-pregnant thing. They're setting up the big reveal.

Morty wasn't the result of prom night, Summer was.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Morty wasn't the result of prom night, Summer was.

Well, poo poo.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

You:
You're weird.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Toxxupation posted:

a Good Post

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Shut up about the more-progressive-than-thou sadbrained gender rocks Tumblrbait show already.

What's this? GBS? Stop circle-jerking with your lovely crew that says 8chan poo poo like "muh feelz" to mock something.

Now, let's get back on topic.

How do you think Morty got those seeds way up his rear end? Those are very big seeds and would take a seasoned professional a considerable effort and plenty of lubrication. Did Rick install a pocket dimension way up Morty's arsehole?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Morty didn't get them out of his rear end, they dissolved in there.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Megaspel posted:

What's this? GBS? Stop circle-jerking with your lovely crew that says 8chan poo poo like "muh feelz" to mock something.

lol

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
shut up about skeletons

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Morty didn't get them out of his rear end, they dissolved in there.

Yeah but how did he get them in there in the first place? They were huge! These are the questions that need answers.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Imagine two seeds sitting on the edge of a young boys' anus...

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Megaspel posted:

lmfao

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I think rick and morty are very progressive.
The poly cause was shown when rick expressed lived by sleeping with a whole planet including miners.

Morty and king jelly bean is an focus of abuse.

The last episode showed what it's like to be in cult or new religon.

Hell at the party squanchy was engaging in safe auto erotic asphyxiation squanchy I m sure we all agree is a stand in for furries.

Love potion 9 that's clearly a subversive take on a clear anti rape message morty tired to rape Jessica using rocks powers of science that's why the world is destroyed and morty is dead at the end.

The episode with the meeseeks that is a clear progressive antislavery message

Rick and morty is clearly made my closet progressive and it's great.
I m getting a progressive boner in my pants well I would but my dick hurts since the crash.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Philip Rivers posted:

You know, I was never much of a fan of Anatomy Park.

The idea is better than the execution.

max4me posted:

Shut the gently caress up nobody asked you Jerry.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Love potion was my first, then I went back to the pilot. They're both good! I don't think the pilot is really as bad as a lot of people say, it has some cool space society poo poo and I like the b-plot with Jerry actively working against Rick, they should do more of that.

Also Megaspel is right, you can change the subject if you want but getting pissy and yelling tumblr at people is just weak

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Megaspel posted:

Yeah but how did he get them in there in the first place? They were huge! These are the questions that need answers.

With enough lube and time anything is possible, and once you get the first one in the second one is easy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

max4me posted:

The poly cause was shown when rick expressed lived by sleeping with a whole planet including miners.

Hell at the party squanchy was engaging in safe auto erotic asphyxiation squanchy I m sure we all agree is a stand in for furries.

Love potion 9 that's clearly a subversive take on a clear anti rape message morty tired to rape Jessica using rocks powers of science that's why the world is destroyed and morty is dead at the end.

I m getting a progressive boner in my pants well I would but my dick hurts since the crash.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Aug 31, 2015

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

max4me posted:

Honestly I agree, putting the raunchy humor aside there's some really good messages in it, however unlike some shows it doesn't get up its rear end about making the show the message

my favorite progressive part was in the episode with the Devil where Rick and Morty discuss the word "retarded" and how people just tend to focus on the word itself instead of actually making things better for the differently abled, it's infuriatingly common for people to focus on word policing and not give a gently caress about efforts to end marginalization

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I think people want to believe they're making the world better, and people love a villain. I don't think people like thinking about what they're doing and evaluating their choices, at least the type of people who think shouting at people who say "retarded" is helping anything.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Segmentation Fault posted:

my favorite progressive part was in the episode with the Devil where Rick and Morty discuss the word "retarded" and how people just tend to focus on the word itself instead of actually making things better for the differently abled, it's infuriatingly common for people to focus on word policing and not give a gently caress about efforts to end marginalization

I have some pins with the letter R in a red crossed out circle. They were part of an initiative that went into elementary schools to talk about inclusion. The kids got the pin for promising to stop using the word "retarded." I put one on my purse to see how long I could honestly keep it there. I think I lasted half an hour before going to a workshop where the conference hadn't arranged seating to accommodate wheelchairs. Retarded was the nicer of words I used while tossing chairs out of the way so that the folks in wheelchairs didn't have to sit at the back, blocking the door. No one complained.

Pixelante fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 4, 2015

SomeIdiot
Apr 2, 2014

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

The idea is better than the execution.

Especially considering it had John Oliver on there. He deserved better. :(

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Anatomy Park is great, I don't know what you people are talking about

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

henkman posted:

Anatomy Park is great, I don't know what you people are talking about

It had some cool sets but I can barely think of a single gag off the top of my head except the Pirates of the Pancreas thing.

e: Also Bonetrain.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
"Morty, can you get to the left nipple?"

"Gee Rick, I'm hoping I can get to both of them"

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
And Oliver with the "Sorry, that was a dick move" with the heroic sacrifice bit.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Philip Rivers posted:

It had some cool sets but I can barely think of a single gag off the top of my head except the Pirates of the Pancreas thing.

Puffy vagina?

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt
"How's THIS for a 'burning sensation'?"

SomeIdiot
Apr 2, 2014

Philip Rivers posted:

Pretty much this. As much as people were talking about how weak Get Schwifty (or the pilot, for that matter) was, I thought it was way better than Anatomy Park. I mean, Anatomy Park's not bad, it's an episode of Rick and Morty after all, but it wasn't as great as some of the other episodes.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Philip Rivers posted:

100 years Rick and Morty is still one of my favorite bits. I don't know why people are so horrified of putting someone off with the pilot as if it's horrible quality or significantly different from the rest of the show.

I was sold the second Rick, drunk off his rear end, drags Morty by the foot out of his bed being all sarcastic as gently caress.

Then I became a fan for life when he opened the door and a pile of beer cans/bottles spilled out. I knew this show wasn't just your normal "random comedy" show. Though I should mention I'm a big fan of black comedy and shock humor so if someone is turned off from the pilot it's not for them as is usual for those two genres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
"drive sober or get pulled over" is such a lame rhyme it gave Ogden Nash retroactive cancer

• Locked thread