Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

morestuff posted:

A more complete list here, that weirdly doesn't have any of the stuff listed above:

Thank you for finding this list. Still can't find anything concrete on what's leaving this month, but hopefully we'll get that within the next day or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
Avengers Age of Ultron is not going on Netflix at all, that's from a list that includes things going up on Amazon Instant Video only. (also, Pitch Perfect 2).

Also it'a really funny how that list is really obviously someone leaking/stealing a partial amount, since it goes only from H-Z.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

computer parts posted:

I've been meaning to see Person of Interest so I'm glad that's up.

Also I finally get to see Lawrence of Arabia, now to find 4 hours of free time. :shepicide:

Good news: Lawrence of Arabia has an intermission, just gotta look up when it falls in the movie and plan accordingly

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
If you're able to watch Lawrence of Arabia on a big-screen, preferably sitting as close to it as possible, it WILL blow you away with the non-stop visuals. Its just shot after shot and it doesn't let up; best looking film of all-time by a wide margin.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Because of Wes Craven's death, I'd also like to remind everyone that A Nightmare on Elm Street, New Nightmare, and Scream are on Netflix, and are varying degrees of great.

gently caress.

I think The People Under the Stairs is on streaming. Watch that, too.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

a worthy uhh posted:

gently caress.

I think The People Under the Stairs is on streaming. Watch that, too.

It's not on Netflix and I'm pretty sure it's not on Amazon Prime, but my local library's streaming service has it and Serpent and the Rainbow.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Red Eye is streaming on Hulu and it's pretty great.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Just rewatched Shocker after hearing about Craven. I remember seeing The Hills Have Eyes when it came out. One of the first R rated movies I watched without having to sneak in.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Double-post, and mostly info that I posted before, but this looks like this is the final Netflix list. A few things that weren't listed on the previous dump:

Zathura (2005)
Space Dandy: Season 2
Comedy Bang! Bang!: Season 4 Part II
Call the Midwife: Series 4
Ned Rifle (2014)

Is Space Dandy worth checking out if you're generally anime-phobic but liked Bebop?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

morestuff posted:

Is Space Dandy worth checking out if you're generally anime-phobic but liked Bebop?

Yes.

drat September is looking good.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Pet Rock Band posted:

Avengers Age of Ultron is not going on Netflix at all, that's from a list that includes things going up on Amazon Instant Video only. (also, Pitch Perfect 2).

I was a little confused as to why they would put something like that up before the physical media/download release.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Looks like a lot of stuff is leaving Netflix, especially at the end of the month when the Epix contract runs out:

Leaving 9/1/15

“Agent Cody Banks 2: Destination London”
“Better Than Chocolate”
“Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon”
“Curious George 2: Follow That Monkey!”
“Electrick Children”
“FernGully: The Last Rainforest”
“Jackie Brown”
“Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels”
“Mortal Kombat: The Movie”
“Patch Adams”
“Perfume: The Story of a Murderer”
“Rugrats in Paris: The Movie”
“Rules of Engagement”
“Rumpelstiltskin”
“Sarah's Choice”
“School of Rock”
“She's the One”
“Sleepless in Seattle”
“The IT Crowd” (Season 1-4)
“The Lost Boys”
“Total Recall”
“W.”

Leaving 9/2/15

“Cheech & Chong's Hey Watch This”

Leaving 9/4/15

“Delta Farce”

Leaving 9/5/15

“Marilyn in Manhattan”

Leaving 9/9/15

“Kicking It”

Leaving 9/10/15

“100 Below Zero”
“Becoming Chaz”
“Crash & Bernstein” (Season 1-2)
“War Witch”

Leaving 9/13/15

“High Fidelity”

Leaving 9/14/15

“Corky Romano”

Leaving 9/15/15

“Best of Teletubbies”
“Coach” (Season 1-9)
“Valhalla”

Leaving 9/16/15

“The Slap” (Season 1)

Leaving 9/20/15

“Reporter”

Leaving 9/22/15

“National Geographic: Inside Guantanamo”
“National Geographic: The Battle for Midway”

Leaving 9/26/15

“Lethal Force”
“Ron White: A Little Unprofessional”

Leaving 9/28/15

“Undeclared: The Complete Series”

Leaving 9/29/15

“Comic Book Men” (Season 2)
“Coriolanus”

Leaving 9/30/15

“Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues”
“Apocalypse Now”
“If I Stay”
“Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit”
“Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa”
“Nebraska”
“Saved!”
“Star Trek: The Motion Picture”
“Star Trek Into Darkness”
“The Expendables 3”
“The Good Guy” .
“The Hunger Games: Catching Fire”
“The Prince”
“The Skeleton Twins”
“The Wolf of Wall Street”
“Transformers: Age of Extinction”
“World War Z”

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Time for that Rambo megawatch.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I finally watched Jug Face because I'm working freelance from home and I'm running out of things to watch, and the thumbnail looked creepy. It's a slow burn horror movie about a creepy Southern town in the woods that worships a pit in the ground. The death scenes are all laughable, but the people are all suitably creepy in their matter-of-fact-ly way they treat their little cult. It's one of a few horror movies with a cult community where it doesn't feel like they're solely defined by being in an evil cult. They have a daily life and participate in not-evil activities sometimes, and I think this was only possible because none of the main characters are from outside the cult. Other horror movies would have had a group of teens whose car broke down in the woods and stumbled on the evil contained therein, but with this movie the main character is someone from the inside to whom all this is normal.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Hell motherfucking yes space dandy was the dopest poo poo ive seen in years

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

BJPaskoff posted:

I finally watched Jug Face because I'm working freelance from home and I'm running out of things to watch, and the thumbnail looked creepy. It's a slow burn horror movie about a creepy Southern town in the woods that worships a pit in the ground. The death scenes are all laughable, but the people are all suitably creepy in their matter-of-fact-ly way they treat their little cult. It's one of a few horror movies with a cult community where it doesn't feel like they're solely defined by being in an evil cult. They have a daily life and participate in not-evil activities sometimes, and I think this was only possible because none of the main characters are from outside the cult. Other horror movies would have had a group of teens whose car broke down in the woods and stumbled on the evil contained therein, but with this movie the main character is someone from the inside to whom all this is normal.

This has been in my queue FOREVER. I like cult related poo poo and Southern settings so I guess I should check it out.

With the loss of Aqua Teen Hunger Force (my favorite show ever) I am sad. Is there anything on streaming that is comparable?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

pahuyuth posted:

With the loss of Aqua Teen Hunger Force (my favorite show ever) I am sad. Is there anything on streaming that is comparable?

Comedy Bang Bang

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

pahuyuth posted:

This has been in my queue FOREVER. I like cult related poo poo and Southern settings so I guess I should check it out.

Archer? Always Sunny? Trailer Park Boys?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Gun Woman on Netflix is not for the squeamish.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

morestuff posted:

Leaving 9/29/15

“Coriolanus”

This should have been bolded. Anyone who can follow unabridged Shakespearean dialogue and wants to see Ralph Finnes in a tragic rivalry/bromance with Gerard Butler needs to check this one out before it leaves.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Masters of the Universe (1987)

Uh why is this not bolded? Dolph Lundgren as HeMan. What is not to like?

Honestly, Lundgren's performance was probably among the weakest in the film, but that's really a point in its favor. What makes MotU a great campy film is how much the actors sincerely gave it their all (especially Frank Langella wonderfully hamming as Skeletor).

That actually goes for pretty much everything about that film: costumes, set design, effects, even the Not-John-Williams score. Even though the final product was, as a whole, farily mediocre, you really see all of the hard work that went into it, and enjoy it for that.

dreadnought
Dec 28, 2006

:rolleyes:

pahuyuth posted:

Hulu has a ton of Adult Swim stuff, including ATHF (and Aqua TV Show Show), Moral Orel, Squidbillies, Rick & Morty, The Eric Andre Show, Venture Bros., Metalocalypse, Home Movies, Superjail!, Sealab, Harvey Birdman, and others. Full series for all of them except the ones that are currently airing new episodes.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Paper Kaiju posted:

This should have been bolded. Anyone who can follow unabridged Shakespearean dialogue and wants to see Ralph Finnes in a tragic rivalry/bromance with Gerard Butler needs to check this one out before it leaves.

Honestly, Lundgren's performance was probably among the weakest in the film, but that's really a point in its favor. What makes MotU a great campy film is how much the actors sincerely gave it their all (especially Frank Langella wonderfully hamming as Skeletor).

That actually goes for pretty much everything about that film: costumes, set design, effects, even the Not-John-Williams score. Even though the final product was, as a whole, farily mediocre, you really see all of the hard work that went into it, and enjoy it for that.

The DVD director's commentary is delightful. He's so pleased with that movie in such a joyful way I can never hate it.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
I can't wait for Mr. Rogers. I need that poo poo in my life right now. I only wish that there were more episodes of How It's Made on Hulu... :smith:

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

neonnoodle posted:

I can't wait for Mr. Rogers. I need that poo poo in my life right now. I only wish that there were more episodes of How It's Made on Hulu... :smith:

They just started air in new how it's made on tv so dvr it

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
I don't have cable because I'm lame

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
If anyone is a fan of the Eric Andre show, or Eric Andre in general, I recommend watching any live show of Getting Doug with High. The dude reacts to marijuana-induced paranoia by being hilarious. It's what made me a fan of him.

Also, super stoked about The Monster Squad. I've been intrigued since it was a movie of the month in CD, and I watched some of it at a friends house. Now I can watch and appreciate the full thing.

I'm hoping that more horror offerings will pop up near Halloween. Last year was lame, and some great movies have been coming out since then.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Franchescanado posted:

I'm hoping that more horror offerings will pop up near Halloween. Last year was lame, and some great movies have been coming out since then.

I'm ok with what's up now, but I'll be pissed of come October 1st they take down some of the classics like Black Sunday, The Exorcist, Nightmare on Elm Street or Hellraiser. I've been holding back from watching those because I like to save them for Halloween.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They always take down all the Friday the 13 movies in September or August, and I always forget to watch them before they do.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I binged through Narcos in a few days, and need to see more of Padilha's work now. Elite Squad: Enemy Within is on Netflix, but Elite Squad isn't. Can I watch Enemy Within first, or should I wait and track down Elite Squad?

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
That list I posted with Avengers 2 was from a CBS affiliate that seemed to mix up iTunes and Netflix for some reason. Still looks like a really good month.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Enos Cabell posted:

I binged through Narcos in a few days, and need to see more of Padilha's work now. Elite Squad: Enemy Within is on Netflix, but Elite Squad isn't. Can I watch Enemy Within first, or should I wait and track down Elite Squad?

You can watch it without seeing the first and follow along fine, that's how I did it. It's good.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
A Touch of Sin is fuckin amazing

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The first three seasons of Person of Interest are on Netflix now, it's a CBS procedural that's gotten a cult following here and elsewhere on the internet because it's actually a surprisingly good science-fiction show about surveillance and artificial intelligence that had the foresight to get made years before the NSA leaks happened and everybody else tried to jump on that bandwagon. It takes a few episodes to hit its stride and being a network television show with 24 episodes a season it always has a few bad episodes and some filler every season, but it's still way better than it has any right being.

Oh yeah, and it's created and written by Jonathan Nolan, Christopher Nolan's brother and collaborator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOnQ8CD3v4g

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

morestuff posted:

You can watch it without seeing the first and follow along fine, that's how I did it. It's good.

Excellent, thanks!

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I just watched The Monster Squad for the first time in ages, and man, what a dumb, silly movie. I love it. I wish it was longer than 1h15m though. They should have showed the individual monsters more. Hell, the only thing the Creature does is steal a twinkie.

As an aside, the Netflix thumbnail and screenshots for that movie are some of the worst I've seen. It has such a cool looking poster; shame they didn't use it.

dreadnought
Dec 28, 2006

:rolleyes:

Basebf555 posted:

I'm ok with what's up now, but I'll be pissed of come October 1st they take down some of the classics like Black Sunday, The Exorcist, Nightmare on Elm Street or Hellraiser. I've been holding back from watching those because I like to save them for Halloween.

Yeah Netflix always loses a bunch of horror movies in October. I guess studios assume revoking the rights around Halloween will drive up DVD sales.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

SmokaDustbowl posted:

A Touch of Sin is fuckin amazing

It sure as hell is.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

dreadnought posted:

Yeah Netflix always loses a bunch of horror movies in October. I guess studios assume revoking the rights around Halloween will drive up DVD sales.

I know that's industry logic, but can anyone explain why the idea of making a month long contract to add horror movies during October is a bad idea?

Make the contract a little more expensive, offer it for just October (maybe bleed into late September, early November), and you're guaranteed that money instead of gambling on DVD sales. Which are, what? $5 a pop at Wal-Mart? How much money can they really make?

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

Franchescanado posted:

Make the contract a little more expensive, offer it for just October (maybe bleed into late September, early November), and you're guaranteed that money instead of gambling on DVD sales. Which are, what? $5 a pop at Wal-Mart? How much money can they really make?
Don't forget online rental sales. Considering they are all catalogue movies, even being in a bargain bin is almost pure profit to them, compared to what must be pennies on Netflix. When I worked at BlockBuster, we used to get those holiday releases by the boxful at the proper times, and they would fly off shelves. We would sell 20 or so copies of "The Santa Clause" or "Hallowe'en" a day in the week leading up to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hey Narcos is pretty drat entertaining yall.