Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Reaganomicon posted:

I'm just gonna go ahead and predict right now, on 8/31/15, that Ted Rall is going to become a workplace shooter.

I follow him on twitter, and the dude cannot. let it. go.

Nah, guns are for conservatives. He'll snap and lash out in a different, more ideologically-congruent fashion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Reaganomicon posted:

I'm just gonna go ahead and predict right now, on 8/31/15, that Ted Rall is going to become a workplace shooter.

Gamer: “Do you wanna play ('Counter Strike Global Offensive')?”

Rall316: “Not right now, I'm kind of out of it.”

Gamer: “Why?”

Rall316: “I can't get LA Times out of my mind. I have a strong dislike of those people.”

Gamer: “Dude, we have talked about this before... Just let it go… It’s not a big deal.”

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

D.N. Nation posted:

I'd like to see him actually file a libel suit.
"Incredibly, my libel suit was dismissed. Now I know how young black males feel when they are unjustly incarcerated by our broken justice system."

(repeat for six weeks)

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Reaganomicon posted:

Ironic because, post Charlie Hebdo, he fantasized about being the victim of a workplace shooting because it's such a great way to get attention.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

lol

"I was worried democracy was back"

Bang up job, Ted Rall.

"Ha, you should have seen your face, the way it kept the exact same expression for four panels in a row. Well, your eyes widened by a very marginal amount. Classic!"

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

"Date" your husband.

Is this Bruce 'Baby Parts' Tinsley smoothing it out for the funny pages?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
0 millions dead to Adolf Hitler's invention World War 2

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Titus Sardonicus posted:

But it's all part of God's plan!

Which means it's premeditated murder.

Might as well not save any lives ever, religion says.

Also, in that abortion=death cartoon above, why did he draw Stalin yet use a generic Nazi to represent the Holocaust? Why not Hitler?

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Reaganomicon posted:

Rall's Revenge is to continue being the insufferable prick he's always been

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
Hey guys. Not much has been happening in Vegan Comix world, but there was this piece of 'art' that continues to prove the artist has no self awareness.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

E-Tank posted:

Hey guys. Not much has been happening in Vegan Comix world, but there was this piece of 'art' that continues to prove the artist has no self awareness.

:irony:

e: the text itself is correct and good, just lol at it coming from that author

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Why is the Nazi not Hitler?

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Thank you. Just, thank you.

Jurgan posted:

Might as well not save any lives ever, religion says.

Also, in that abortion=death cartoon above, why did he draw Stalin yet use a generic Nazi to represent the Holocaust? Why not Hitler?

Why are the Holocaust and the Great Purge represented by actors involved in them but abortion is represented by the very personification of death itself? Doesn't that imply that abortion deaths post Roe v. Wade are the product of inevitability as opposed to deliberate human actions?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

there wolf posted:

Thank you. Just, thank you.

Why are the Holocaust and the Great Purge represented by actors involved in them but abortion is represented by the very personification of death itself? Doesn't that imply that abortion deaths post Roe v. Wade are the product of inevitability as opposed to deliberate human actions?

Right-wingers may hate Margaret Sanger, but I doubt most people could pick her out of a lineup.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

there wolf posted:

It seems that very little effort was put in the cartoon - the Holocaust figure is off, the "Stalin" figure is most likely off too or it's just plain confusing. Plus, who do you particularly "blame" for a case in law? Also, Dan's too much of a coward in most cases to actually name names, it would just backfire in libel-suits and such. He only names dead people with little to no alive friends.

The cartoon is just bad in every way, just a scrawl of a mad man screaming "abortion bad! Worse than Hitler and the commies combined! Sluts just shouldn't have sex!" Etc etc etc.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

E-Tank posted:

It's funny to use a kitty cat as a mascot for veganism.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

alnilam posted:

Even the text is still using the false dichotomy it's talking about, because believe it or not I do in fact know multiple people who manage to be vegan and talk about being vegan and have everybody know they're vegan without "proudly advocating" for it all the time

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Cat Mattress posted:

Let's be fair if the author has any pets she's probably slowly starving them to death by feeding them purely vegan food.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

LashLightning posted:

It seems that very little effort was put in the cartoon - the Holocaust figure is off, the "Stalin" figure is most likely off too or it's just plain confusing. Plus, who do you particularly "blame" for a case in law? Also, Dan's too much of a coward in most cases to actually name names, it would just backfire in libel-suits and such. He only names dead people with little to no alive friends.

The cartoon is just bad in every way, just a scrawl of a mad man screaming "abortion bad! Worse than Hitler and the commies combined! Sluts just shouldn't have sex!" Etc etc etc.

17 million actually isn't off. It's just one of the higher-end estimates for the Holocaust. Depending on how you count and who you count the death toll can get as high as 21 million.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

That's what they are! Pets! They're lucky to be pets!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Kabanaw posted:

Let's be fair if the author has any pets she's probably slowly starving them to death by feeding them purely vegan food.

I was vegan for a while there and dated a vegan who had cats, and that was never really a thing in my personal experience. Cats have to eat meat to live, so they get meat. Non-strawman vegans/vegetarians with cats feed them cat food.

It's a great gag (see: futurama hippies + lion) but it's not necessarily a thing until you get to the real crazies at Peta who want to murder pets to 'free' them from captivity.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Pander posted:

I was vegan for a while there and dated a vegan who had cats, and that was never really a thing in my personal experience. Cats have to eat meat to live, so they get meat. Non-strawman vegans/vegetarians with cats feed them cat food.

It's a great gag (see: futurama hippies + lion) but it's not necessarily a thing until you get to the real crazies at Peta who want to murder pets to 'free' them from captivity.

I've seen enough posts on Tumblr of somebody's sick-looking dog staring at some tupperware full of slop and a comment like "look at how happy poochie is to be getting her all-vegan dinner!" to know that they are to some (hopefully extremely tiny) extent real. Mind you dogs don't need mean-based protein nearly as much as cats do but they'll almost always suffer health complications if they don't get it.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

beepsandboops posted:

Rall's Revenge is to continue being the insufferable prick he's always been

At this point Rall has done more cartoons about getting fired than he did about the Iraq war. People like him are why the left can't ever accomplish anything.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Since the LATimes published things that are demonstrably false and damaging to Rall's "career," it is grounds for a libel case. Not necessarily a strong one or one that would award him millions but it's there.

Just because someone is an unlikable dingbat doesn't mean we must distort our assessment.

Xander77 posted:

Really? I always thought Jews / Roma / gay / dissidents / misc counted up to 8 million total. Unless we're counting Soviet POWs or some specific form of civilian casualties.

Roughly 11,000,000 people were murdered during the racial cleansing pogrom, kinda irks me that five million deaths are commonly left out of textbooks.

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Aug 31, 2015

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Pander posted:

My wife is a vet tech, and maybe it's just the Boca batshit insane crowd but people who can't acknowledge that cats being strict carnivores isn't a lifestyle choice, definitely exist.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

The Larch posted:

17 million actually isn't off. It's just one of the higher-end estimates for the Holocaust. Depending on how you count and who you count the death toll can get as high as 21 million.

It is off, either too high or too low, for pretty much every metric I've come across. At some point you have to ask yourself which is more likely, that Leitha's personal parameters for what constitutes as part of the Holocaust is a little uncommon resulting in an unusual, but not inaccurate, number, or that he just kind of pulled it out of his rear end based on what he thought he remembered/ yanked it off some piece of anti-abortion propaganda subject to the same faulty memory if not deliberate misrepresentation.

Kabanaw posted:

I've seen enough posts on Tumblr of somebody's sick-looking dog staring at some tupperware full of slop and a comment like "look at how happy poochie is to be getting her all-vegan dinner!" to know that they are to some (hopefully extremely tiny) extent real. Mind you dogs don't need mean-based protein nearly as much as cats do but they'll almost always suffer health complications if they don't get it.

There's also the opposite problem. Dogs need some non-meat products in their diets in order to be healthy, but some owners will make their own dog food exclusively out of meat because dog=carnivore, and no amount of veterinary science will convince them otherwise.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

alnilam posted:

Now someone post that one where she explains the concept of a strawman to a slathering, rabid strawman so I can post the :ironicat: growing so big it crushes the Earth and frees us all.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Based on my calculations, if Ted Rall complains 73 more times about getting fired he'll be given his job back. If after getting his job back he complains another 48 times, he'll be given a written apology from the editors.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Based on my calculations, if Ted Rall complains 73 more times about getting fired he'll be given his job back. If after getting his job back he complains another 48 times, he'll be given a written apology from the editors.

How many complaints until he becomes Chief Editor and receives 2 Pulitzer awards (one of which will be taken away from Art Spiegelman)?

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

OAquinas posted:

My wife is a vet tech, and maybe it's just the Boca batshit insane crowd but people who can't acknowledge that cats being strict carnivores isn't a lifestyle choice, definitely exist.

http://www.vegancats.com/

:smithicide:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I like how "the domestic cat" is the first animal that pops up here and there whenever you search for "obligate carnivore."

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Yeah "vegan" cats/dogs are rare but sad. If you're not an idiot, one of the cornerstones of vegan ideology is that yes we evolved to be omnivores, which means technically we can get by on plants, and we can choose not to eat meat because we are intelligent and have agriculture (even though we evolved to eat it). Cats are biologically carnivores so there's really no argument for depriving them of meat.

I know many vegans with pets and all of them feed meat to their dogs and cats, but i know there are some idiots out there.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

After The War posted:

Now someone post that one where she explains the concept of a strawman to a slathering, rabid strawman so I can post the :ironicat: growing so big it crushes the Earth and frees us all.

Ask and thou shalt recieve.

I await freedom.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ami Cat, vegan cat food review posted:

i'm vegan so when i learned that my cats could eat vegan, too, i was excited!

Why? just, WHY?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I guess that's better than the people that starve their infants to death by feeding them soy milk and poo poo.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

MariusLecter posted:

Why? just, WHY?

The first three words of that review are perhaps the three most unnecessary words ever typed

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
In light of veganchat, everyone forgot what today was:

Suppers and Downers

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

In light of veganchat, everyone forgot what today was:

Suppers and Downers

This is Purestrain Kelly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I love how hilariously top heavy the tortured prisoner is

• Locked thread