Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

VendaGoat posted:

Torsos, LOL!

The Cosplay Photos Thread - Torsos, LOL!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
The worst part about making fun of Liefeld is that everything I've heard about him is he's a genuinely nice and great guy to know personally and is willing to be everybody's buddy. Even though he's a troubled artist and an even worse businessman, he's like one of the most humble and likable guys in the industry, which is pretty much the polar opposite of so many other talents.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Say Nothing posted:

Greg Land traces Greg Land!

The original image is probably a trace of someone else's work instead.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Rob Liefeld was the 90s-est of the 90s comic artists and he was pretty much a kid who was in the right place at the right time (he was a professional comic artist at 21 and was setting industry sales records at 24) who never ever grew up or matured as an artist because in his mind he was doing everything absolutely right and there was no need for him to ever progress. If you read some of his recent blog posts he still blames all the criticism of his work on "haters" and genuinely thinks his sales records show that he's right and everyone else is wrong.

He also invented Deadpool so the cosplay world would never have been the same without him. :v:

We also wouldn't have these wonderful Cable cosplayers:

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

Polaron posted:

RIP Progressive Boink.

I still don't entirely understand the direction that website went in the last couple of years. It was so perfect for so long, then it had a format shift and got kind of weird. Also, I'm very mad that their IMDB for Hanna-Barbera characters doesn't seem to be in their archives.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Rob Liefeld was the 90s-est of the 90s comic artists and he was pretty much a kid who was in the right place at the right time (he was a professional comic artist at 21 and was setting industry sales records at 24) who never ever grew up or matured as an artist because in his mind he was doing everything absolutely right and there was no need for him to ever progress. If you read some of his recent blog posts he still blames all the criticism of his work on "haters" and genuinely thinks his sales records show that he's right and everyone else is wrong.

He also invented Deadpool so the cosplay world would never have been the same without him. :v:

I'm pretty sure its unintentional, but I am amused by the fact that all of these pictures have been framed so that the cosplayers feet are off-panel. Thats what makes them authentic Liefeld cosplay.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

All worth it

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Patattack posted:

I still don't entirely understand the direction that website went in the last couple of years. It was so perfect for so long, then it had a format shift and got kind of weird. Also, I'm very mad that their IMDB for Hanna-Barbera characters doesn't seem to be in their archives.

Everyone got busy with real lives and it got hard to keep focused on writing goofball stuff in your free time. The format shift was to recreate the site at SB Nation where Jon works now, but the "nobody has time to sit and write a bunch" problem hadn't changed.

jmistajay
Aug 28, 2012

Mango chutney salsa!

Choco1980 posted:

an even worse businessman

Liefeld has more money than God. Terrible artist, sure, but I think he's doing all right.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Also: Cosplaying While Black

Bina has a new favorite as of 09:22 on Sep 1, 2015

Kakal
Mar 3, 2008

One Punch Man

Villans from "Sentinels of the Multiverse" (I at least know its Baron Blade on the right)

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Kakal posted:

One Punch Man

One Punch Man has given a backup cosplay to every bald man on earth. Same with how every fat man has Kingpin as a fallback.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

picture not taken on a train, 2/10

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If there's one thing I like about FF8, it's that none of the character designs are terribly outlandish.

e: also it's not a selfie, F-

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

If there's one thing I like about FF8, it's that none of the character designs are terribly outlandish.

How does Sorceress Edea get through doors?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

BattleCattle posted:

She sort of squats and scuttles sideways like a crab.

Male Man has a new favorite as of 23:45 on Aug 31, 2015

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

My favorite Liefeld thing was a couple years ago he returned for a Deadpool arc. At one point he drew Deadpool driving around in a van that had a giant foot atop of it.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Male Man posted:

if I saw this on the street I would probably take off yelling for a cop honestly.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Davros1 posted:

My favorite Liefeld thing was a couple years ago he returned for a Deadpool arc. At one point he drew Deadpool driving around in a van that had a giant foot atop of it.

An actual foot, a large model foot, or a foot-clan ninja?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

jmistajay posted:

Liefeld has more money than God. Terrible artist, sure, but I think he's doing all right.

All his investments seem to be collectible swords, though, so it might be in spite of himself.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

BattleCattle posted:

Compression

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Male Man posted:

Maybe not so much with the squatting but I did feel pretty Zoidberg-y going through doors, honestly :shobon: Still surprised I had to repair one of the points.

Glagha posted:

Compression
Bahahahaha

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
My buddy who does cosplay sent me this pic of his friend. Pretty awesome.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Not a train selfie FUCKBEATEN

You can feel the "..." oozing out of this image. It's like Squall actually entered our world.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

OptimusMatrix posted:

The tits are all wrong. And don't even get me started on that rear end...

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I hope the next thing on the list for that Immortan cosplay is the codpiece/belt buckle. Seems like a shame to leave off such a nice costume.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

That dude's loving rockin' it.

OptimusMatrix posted:

Mask's mouth isn't horse teeth. :mediocre:/10

That's still super rad though

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Thanks brah

fake edit: Very beaten on "not a train selfie." ...whatever

Quality work on the costume and the hair, though.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Construction pics here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=242957

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

:eyepop:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

quote:

:kimchi:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The little tippy toes poking out the bottom when she's walking are my favourite part of the costume :3:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Surgeon General's warning, Cosplaying while black with realistic looking fake firearms may cause death by lead poisoning via police officer. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

http://imgur.com/a/JLnoJ

• Locked thread