Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

that's cool that you've got a good relationship with your parents

oh poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

I'm even closer with your mother

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Anyways nice job I'll take it on the chin

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Smythe posted:

Anyways nice job I'll take it on the chin

like his mother

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

this just reminds me i need to update my hdhomerun firmware

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

my verizon fiosbox gives me ads when i try to change the channel sometimes but they take forever to load and sometimes crash so you hit guide button and then it says 'loading reccomendations for you' and then becomes unresponsive for like 2 minutes until it times out and says 'sorry we couldnt load this ad right now' and goes to some settings panel instead of letting me just change the loving channel. but it preserves all the button clicks you make while waiting for the ad to load so after it crashes, the guide loads, exits, loads, exits 50 times in a row

you can disable the ad poo poo but lol that it's on by default

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"New iOS Malware Compromises 225,000 Apple Accounts"

wrap it up appleail...

"Though it is a huge breach—“We believe this to be the largest known Apple account theft caused by malware,” researchers wrote—the malware is only effective on jailbroken iDevices"

oh

pram
Jun 10, 2001
this months top #applefail for sure

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i love when people post on facebook that they broke their phone and the smug "heh, iphone right? #applefail" that always appears

because only iphones have this problem of breaking when you abuse them

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the iphone 6 bends with normal use

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

safari has recently decided that if I type "img" I want to go to "img.washingtonpost.com" and not "imgur.com". cause i went to a img.washpost page once

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

THC posted:

safari has recently decided that if I type "img" I want to go to "img.washingtonpost.com" and not "imgur.com". cause i went to a img.washpost page once

wild. my phone decided to shout "you're a stupid human being" because i quoted your post once

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

im sorry youre saddled with an android device. have you considered upgrading to the iPhone 5s 32GB Space Grey?

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

i bought the watch. it's good :mrgw:

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Shaggar posted:

the iphone 6 bends with normal use

so does samsung?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

According to a new report out of Variety, Apple is looking to enter the TV and movie production industry in a way similar to how Netflix has recently done. The report claims that Apple has been looking to hire both actors and directors to create production divisions that would produce exclusive long-form content in-house.

Specifically, Apple is said to have made a bid to hire the stars of the BBC series Top Gear, but Amazon won out in the end and secured Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond for its own original content.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

yes they're basically the same phone

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

According to a new report out of Variety, Apple is looking to enter the TV and movie production industry in a way similar to how Netflix has recently done. The report claims that Apple has been looking to hire both actors and directors to create production divisions that would produce exclusive long-form content in-house.

Specifically, Apple is said to have made a bid to hire the stars of the BBC series Top Gear, but Amazon won out in the end and secured Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond for its own original content.

lol

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/08/31/apple-ceo-tim-cook-makes-surprise-appearance-at-ciscos-annual-sales-conference

quote:

Just before Cook took the stage, Apple and Cisco announced they will partner on a new effort to optimize networks for iPhones, iPads and iOS apps. Apple's products will boast deeper integration with Cisco's industry standard voice and video communications products, ensuring that iOS devices work more efficiently.

Cisco is the largest provider of enterprise networking devices and networked services around the world. A strategic alliance with Apple gives the company a leg up in Apple's growth in the enterprise, particularly as "bring your own device" trends grow among businesses.

Soon even network dweebs in lovely IT depts will no longer be able to say 'Cant fix your iPhone/iPad/iOS connection Cisco no support Macs heeheehee'

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

Shaggar posted:

yes they're basically the same phone

there have been a couple of times someone I don't know has tried to talk me up on Samsung when they see I have an iPhone and I ask them why I'd want a cheap Chinese knockoff.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

if apple can get into music, including live radio, without seeming like "hello, fellow kids", then they can also do TV programming.

remember before youtube apple.com/trailers was where you went for movie trailers

steve jobs was executive producer of toy story after all

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

PleasureKevin posted:

if apple can get into music, including live radio, without seeming like "hello, fellow kids", then they can also do TV programming.

remember before youtube apple.com/trailers was where you went for movie trailers

steve jobs was executive producer of toy story after all

well when they can successfully do that let me know

because currently looool

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

maniacdevnull posted:

well when they can successfully do that let me know

because currently looool

amazon-music-with-prime-music-and-or-google-play-music.gif

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
there's not much special about beats 1

it's radio by a multinational with one venue instead of a conglomerate with tens of thousands of venues

by necessity the playlist is just whatever's on apple music, and in practice it's top 100 instead of top 40

tune in to hear pharrell and the weeknd

wrtj is alright even if they just play their own music

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Triglav posted:

there's not much special about beats 1

it's radio by a multinational with one venue instead of a conglomerate with tens of thousands of venues

by necessity the playlist is just whatever's on apple music, and in practice it's top 100 instead of top 40

tune in to hear pharrell and the weeknd

wrtj is alright even if they just play their own music

St. Vincent's Mixtape Delivery Service

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Cocoa Crispies posted:

St. Vincent's Mixtape Delivery Service

Elton John's Rocket Hour as well

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

definitely the killer app is someone telling me to check out some music and searching it and hearing it instantly. and being able to download it to my phone with a couple taps.

the curated playlists and recommendations are nice too. my friend told me to check out pitchforks best songs of the 1980s and normally this would mean painstakingly seeking out and listening to all these songs but with crapple music they've got the playlist on there and I just have to look it up and press play

owns

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Binary Badger posted:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/08/31/apple-ceo-tim-cook-makes-surprise-appearance-at-ciscos-annual-sales-conference

Soon even network dweebs in lovely IT depts will no longer be able to say 'Cant fix your iPhone/iPad/iOS connection Cisco no support Macs heeheehee'

lol

this probably just means wifi implementations on apple devices will support more of the optional cisco wifi poo poo on the client side that make wifi slightly less lovely

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

mishaq posted:

lol

this probably just means wifi implementations on apple devices will support more of the optional cisco wifi poo poo on the client side that make wifi slightly less lovely

yes, like better wifi AP migration as you walk and talk down the hallway, and not being forever stuck on 2.4 GHz if that's the only signal you were able to get when you first looked at your phone in the parking lot. wifi is a poo poo protocol that has no features to support extended coverage and handoff. Cisco has a lot of features to try to fix that, but they work much better with a device that's aware of them and playing along.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Pinterest Mom posted:

i hope this isnt true. a radio station is just a way of bundling recommended playlists but this is like apple producing its own music

also top gear is an awful match for apples brand when you consider how the press loves to clickbait the gently caress out of any tiny controversy.

can you imagine the headlines the next time clarkson jokes about all germans being nazis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tovsumS7CXU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
media distro contracts will probably get pricier if apples a creator

apple brings everyone over with other peoples stuff, then switches the feed

at least apples got money to resecure those contracts with

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Mulva posted:

Elton John's Rocket Hour as well

heard that on sunday, also one where some musician talked about how great oasis's "(what's the story) morning glory" was, and they just played the whole album through the show

it's good

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Pinterest Mom posted:

ok the rumor at least has to be somewhat plausible come the gently caress on

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

poty posted:

i hope this isnt true. a radio station is just a way of bundling recommended playlists but this is like apple producing its own music

also top gear is an awful match for apples brand when you consider how the press loves to clickbait the gently caress out of any tiny controversy.

can you imagine the headlines the next time clarkson jokes about all germans being nazis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tovsumS7CXU

Apple didn't take Top Gear because Apple only makes good things, and Top Gear is Tory male fantasy shite.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

THC posted:

definitely the killer app is someone telling me to check out some music and searching it and hearing it instantly. and being able to download it to my phone with a couple taps.

the curated playlists and recommendations are nice too. my friend told me to check out pitchforks best songs of the 1980s and normally this would mean painstakingly seeking out and listening to all these songs but with crapple music they've got the playlist on there and I just have to look it up and press play

owns

they just need to add the ability for people to create & share their own playlists and it's game set & match

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Binary Badger posted:

tim is just looking to shave dollars by not having to pay cisco for rights to the name "iphone"

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

The Management posted:

yes, like better wifi AP migration as you walk and talk down the hallway, and not being forever stuck on 2.4 GHz if that's the only signal you were able to get when you first looked at your phone in the parking lot. wifi is a poo poo protocol that has no features to support extended coverage and handoff. Cisco has a lot of features to try to fix that, but they work much better with a device that's aware of them and playing along.

burn 802.11 to the ground and start anew without backwards compatibility, it's a broken shitshow

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

k-zed posted:

At this point Smythe is like one of those moderators Lowtax imposed to destroy LF from the inside when it got too popular.

Tolerating outright death threats from the likes of Amethyst, joking with AIDS, or tolerating and using words like "retard" and "human being" not only makes him a bad moderator, but a bad person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Mulva posted:

Apple didn't take Top Gear because Apple only makes good things, and Top Gear is Tory male fantasy shite.

Actually, it's quite good.

• Locked thread