Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

mrkillboy posted:

RBI 2015 is on the Play Store (and so is the 2014 version, but that hasn't been updated in a year).

I meant the one for the NES. Nice and simple and probably able to be played in portrait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011

TheSlapOfGod posted:

Mind inviting zeantao#77612?

I put mine up on the spreadsheet as well.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

TraderStav posted:

I meant the one for the NES. Nice and simple and probably able to be played in portrait!

Get a nes emulator and go to town.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

It's pretty funny how the RBI 2015 app page says it's a "legendary MLB franchise". If I remember right, some of the original NES games weren't licensed by the league. Even the game cartridges themselves weren't licensed by Nintendo :lol:

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Malek posted:

Thanks, I'll add myself to the spreadsheet

Added myself to the Spreadsheet as well for Shop Heroes.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
My town is currently full. When we next upgrade the town hall I will send out invites.

elvie
Jan 17, 2009
Added my name to the Google doc after giving Shop Heroes a go.
Haven't hit a pay wall yet so this game might have some legs.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Shop Heroes! I'm throwing out invites to my sweet city of Bridgopolis. Now with 3/4 of the tier 2 resources!

Some tips for newbies: I posted this before but it needs to be said again: Get a second or third copy of your resource bins ASAP. You not only store a whole lot more, but the regen rate for resources is PER BIN. 3 Iron bins? You get 3X per hour and even if your storage is full your bins will hold their refill capacity on top of that. GET MORE BINS.

Crafters: The game screws you over by starting you with a blacksmith and carpenter because they overlap on weapon crafting. You want to avoid overlap until maybe you've been playing for a billion years and have 7 crafters and max level workstations. While you only have 2 dudes I'd recommend Armorer and Carpenter. Once you get a third person, go with Blacksmith, Leatherworker, Druid. At 18 when you get your 4th crafter, Armorer, Luthier, Sorceress, Fletcher gives you 8 different skills and you'll open up almost every item type. If your city has any tier 3 crafters (guys with 3 skills) go with those guys, obviously and build your team around avoiding duplicate skills.

Stats: Your workstations display 2 numbers X/Y. X is your current skill and Y is the cap enforced by the workstation. If your X number is red you are over cap and any points above the cap are wasted. You can always craft any item regardless of your crafters' stats, but each category takes (requirement / current stat)* minutes to produce. So if you had 40 metalworking and 20 weaponcrafting and a sword took 20 in each category it would take 1.5 minutes. Workstations get stupidly expensive to level past 5 or 6 so just resign yourself to things taking longer.
Mastery is the chance to critical craft and get those good or better items, and is totaled across all workers. You don't have 2 dudes with 5 and 7 mastery, you have one hivemind workforce that operates at 12 mastery. I hit 4 workers and swapped them out for tier 2 guys (who get more skill points per level) and have way more mastery now and I'm starting to see a lot more flawless items. Pump mastery, especially if you keep the town bonuses running and are way over skill cap.

Quests! Always be questin', especially after you open up the trade house. You can just spam run the fastest rat quest for shiny blue stones and turn around and flip them for 200 each on the auction house. Higher level materials are a real bottleneck to unlocking recipes, but you can only save up a number equal to your item capacity, so might as well sell them off. Even if your adventurers are level capped and tripping around breaking your precious items, keep them questing and sell off extra materials. You're also investing in future quests by unlocking higher tiers of quest that reward larger stacks of materials.

Energy and Crafting: Split your crafting slots in half. Half of them should generally go towards your latest recipes because those keep you unlocking new items and are worth the most money. The other half should be keeping your chests filled with cheap, low level items. You never want anyone to go home empty handed, so try to keep something from every category on hand. If it sells for less than 10% of your best items, discount it to refill energy so you can surcharge your big items. Get a couple items racks of your most popular categories (I have dagger/potion/remedy for now), since they make your sales worth extra energy. Also, always buy items from customers, you'll flip the item quickly enough.

Also, COMPLIMENT EVERYONE EVER. There are achievements for compliment/suggest and discount/surcharge/bargain, and it doesn't take long to hit the third tier for a sweet 200k bonus. I'm like 2800 compliments away from a free million gold.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The surprisingly decent EA UFC game recently got an update that adds Bruce Lee as a playable fighter (he was also in the console version). He's available for free until September 3, at which point you have to pay something ridiculous like 20 bucks to unlock him.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
In that Shop Heroes game, when you get introduced to the chest, do you get to open it twice or just once? I ask because it gives you 25 gems, but I left the screen and they went away, so I went back to the chest and they were still gone, so I'm thinking I messed up and skipped my free chest pull?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

mrkillboy posted:

The surprisingly decent EA UFC game recently got an update that adds Bruce Lee as a playable fighter (he was also in the console version). He's available for free until September 3, at which point you have to pay something ridiculous like 20 bucks to unlock him.

I had almost no interest in that, but the game is free and I love Bruce Lee, so I'm downloading it to download Bruce Lee.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Skwirl posted:

I had almost no interest in that, but the game is free and I love Bruce Lee, so I'm downloading it to download Bruce Lee.

You should also check out Bruce Lee: Enter The Game if you haven't already. It's pretty fun too.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Shop Heroes! I'm throwing out invites to my sweet city of Bridgopolis. Now with 3/4 of the tier 2 resources!

Some tips for newbies: I posted this before but it needs to be said again: Get a second or third copy of your resource bins ASAP. You not only store a whole lot more, but the regen rate for resources is PER BIN. 3 Iron bins? You get 3X per hour and even if your storage is full your bins will hold their refill capacity on top of that. GET MORE BINS.

Get more bins.

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Crafters: The game screws you over by starting you with a blacksmith and carpenter because they overlap on weapon crafting. You want to avoid overlap until maybe you've been playing for a billion years and have 7 crafters and max level workstations. While you only have 2 dudes I'd recommend Armorer and Carpenter. Once you get a third person, go with Blacksmith, Leatherworker, Druid. At 18 when you get your 4th crafter, Armorer, Luthier, Sorceress, Fletcher gives you 8 different skills and you'll open up almost every item type. If your city has any tier 3 crafters (guys with 3 skills) go with those guys, obviously and build your team around avoiding duplicate skills.

Along with this, upgrading workstations is expensive as poo poo, but you should do it since it's going to be shaving a lot of time off your moneymakers. My last metalcrafting station upgrade cost me 1 million, but it shaved off at least a minute and a half on my big ticket items so it's a huge net plus.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
There's a basic wiki for Shop Heroes.

http://shop-heroes.wikia.com/wiki/Shop_Heroes_Wikia

Read the tips page the wiki.

http://shop-heroes.wikia.com/wiki/Tips

Always compliment after surcharging. You get more hearts back if energy is low.

I recommend Armorer, Carpenter, & Tailor as your first 3 workers. They cover 6 of the 7 starting skill.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Stats: Your workstations display 2 numbers X/Y. X is your current skill and Y is the cap enforced by the workstation. If your X number is red you are over cap and any points above the cap are wasted. You can always craft any item regardless of your crafters' stats, but each category takes (requirement / current stat)* minutes to produce. So if you had 40 metalworking and 20 weaponcrafting and a sword took 20 in each category it would take 1.5 minutes. Workstations get stupidly expensive to level past 5 or 6 so just resign yourself to things taking longer.
Mastery is the chance to critical craft and get those good or better items, and is totaled across all workers. You don't have 2 dudes with 5 and 7 mastery, you have one hivemind workforce that operates at 12 mastery. I hit 4 workers and swapped them out for tier 2 guys (who get more skill points per level) and have way more mastery now and I'm starting to see a lot more flawless items. Pump mastery, especially if you keep the town bonuses running and are way over skill cap.

Quests! Always be questin', especially after you open up the trade house. You can just spam run the fastest rat quest for shiny blue stones and turn around and flip them for 200 each on the auction house. Higher level materials are a real bottleneck to unlocking recipes, but you can only save up a number equal to your item capacity, so might as well sell them off. Even if your adventurers are level capped and tripping around breaking your precious items, keep them questing and sell off extra materials. You're also investing in future quests by unlocking higher tiers of quest that reward larger stacks of materials.

Energy and Crafting: Split your crafting slots in half. Half of them should generally go towards your latest recipes because those keep you unlocking new items and are worth the most money. The other half should be keeping your chests filled with cheap, low level items. You never want anyone to go home empty handed, so try to keep something from every category on hand. If it sells for less than 10% of your best items, discount it to refill energy so you can surcharge your big items. Get a couple items racks of your most popular categories (I have dagger/potion/remedy for now), since they make your sales worth extra energy. Also, always buy items from customers, you'll flip the item quickly enough.

Also, COMPLIMENT EVERYONE EVER. There are achievements for compliment/suggest and discount/surcharge/bargain, and it doesn't take long to hit the third tier for a sweet 200k bonus. I'm like 2800 compliments away from a free million gold.

I'm downloading this now and would like in. What do I need to do to join?

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011

SynthesisAlpha posted:

How does investing work and what should we be investing in mostly?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

mrkillboy posted:

RBI 2015 is on the Play Store (and so is the 2014 version, but that hasn't been updated in a year).

Just a warning: If 2015 is anything like 2014, it's... not great.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

It's pretty funny how the RBI 2015 app page says it's a "legendary MLB franchise". If I remember right, some of the original NES games weren't licensed by the league. Even the game cartridges themselves weren't licensed by Nintendo :lol:
The original had the MLBPA license, so it had players just not team logos or anything.

sleepwalkers fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 31, 2015

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Thanks for the writeup. Following it now. I'll join if you have a slot still.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Pac-Man 256 tip: don't upgrade your early power-ups! After a while you will get better versions of ones that you already have. For example, one of the first powers you unlock is Freeze, which slows down all ghosts for a few seconds. Then later on you get Shatter, which slows down ghosts the same way, but also spawns a bunch of icicles worth 150 points each. And the Tornado power? Soon after that one you get Twin-nado. I feel like a sucker for dumping coins into random powers that I don't ever use, and which powers will probably be obsolete once I unlock the rest of them :v:

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Framed is a buck right now.

I just got it so I can't say if it's good or not yet, but it seems to be a well liked game.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Meatwave posted:

Framed is a buck right now.

I just got it so I can't say if it's good or not yet, but it seems to be a well liked game.

Seems incredibly buggy on my s6. It often just freezes meaning I have to exit the game then restart the level.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Shop hero info
Gem bought slots do not stack on level bonus
So level 12 is still 3 slots not 4 :( what a ripoff.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Since it looks like we're having issues keeping goons together in shop heroes cities, I think I'm going to repeat my earlier offer:

I will give anyone 25k gold (minus the AH cut) so long as you promise really hard to invest it in your local goon town, preferably in the town hall.

Zander13 posted:

How does investing work and what should we be investing in mostly?

You can put money into buildings in your city to boost them up higher and generally raise worker/hero level caps, increase resource regen, and unlock new things to play with.

Investing in a building will also provide you with an immediate boost (exp for a worker, resources) and give a related boost to everyone in the town.

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011

Deki posted:

Since it looks like we're having issues keeping goons together in shop heroes cities, I think I'm going to repeat my earlier offer:

I will give anyone 25k gold (minus the AH cut) so long as you promise really hard to invest it in your local goon town, preferably in the town hall.

You can put money into buildings in your city to boost them up higher and generally raise worker/hero level caps, increase resource regen, and unlock new things to play with.

Investing in a building will also provide you with an immediate boost (exp for a worker, resources) and give a related boost to everyone in the town.

Cool thanks.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
There are a couple good sales going on right now in the US. Pixel Heroes: Byte and Magic is $1.99 (usually $6.99) and Out There: Omega Edition is $1.99 (usually $4.99).

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Pac-Man 256 tip: don't upgrade your early power-ups! After a while you will get better versions of ones that you already have. For example, one of the first powers you unlock is Freeze, which slows down all ghosts for a few seconds. Then later on you get Shatter, which slows down ghosts the same way, but also spawns a bunch of icicles worth 150 points each. And the Tornado power? Soon after that one you get Twin-nado. I feel like a sucker for dumping coins into random powers that I don't ever use, and which powers will probably be obsolete once I unlock the rest of them :v:

Thank you. I have been hoarding them because I wasn't sure what crazy poo poo I'd get later. Do you know if Twinnado eventually gets a trinado?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Khanstant posted:

Thank you. I have been hoarding them because I wasn't sure what crazy poo poo I'd get later. Do you know if Twinnado eventually gets a trinado?

I don't know but the next item I'm going to unlock looks like it might be a laser that bounces off walls! And the fire trail item has somewhat of an upgrade that spreads the fire out from intersections as you pass through them but it seems only marginally better than the first one.

The icicles item is bananas, though: it seems to drop about half a dozen of them which would be like 900 points in all. You can upgrade the point value, too, so I don't even know how high it goes!

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Ragingsheep posted:

Seems incredibly buggy on my s6. It often just freezes meaning I have to exit the game then restart the level.

Samsunged again! Runs flawlessly on a Droid Turbo on 5.1.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

big mean giraffe posted:

Samsunged again! Runs flawlessly on a Droid Turbo on 5.1.

Yeah the Moto X Pure supposedly comes out on Thursday and I can't loving WAIT to ditch my lovely old S4.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
I have invited a bunch of people from the spreadsheet to goontown. We have 2 spare spots. First in best dressed.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Anybody playing Blood Gate: Age of Alchemy? Seems pretty fun so far. Mechanic is similar to Spirit Stones, except the fights occur in real time so you're constantly matching. The gear collection/upgrade is pretty standard fare. Stamina regen is stupidly slow, but you can gift friends twice a day with each gift given restoring one stamina, so you never really run out.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dena.west.BloodGate

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Anyone have a link to an APK for anEnglish version of Dragon Quest Monsters?

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

vulturesrow posted:

Anyone have a link to an APK for anEnglish version of Dragon Quest Monsters?

Here you go:

http://m.apkpure.com/dragon-quest-monsters-sl/com.garena.game.dqmsl

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

EvilElmo posted:

I have invited a bunch of people from the spreadsheet to goontown. We have 2 spare spots. First in best dressed.

Can I get an invite please? radiationcow#29193

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
Pokemon Shuffle is out on the US store now.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Radiation Cow posted:

Can I get an invite please? radiationcow#29193

Invite sent.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

apokaladle posted:

Pokemon Shuffle is out on the US store now.

Link for the lazy.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Deki posted:

dogtoucher#51556 will gladly participate in this product and/or service. My Town Hall will thank you.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
We got another 2 spots available in goontown. Invited everyone on the spreadsheet. Anyone else need an invite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013
Pocket Tactics digged up some more information on the Android version of Pandemic. Apparently we are also getting the "On the Brink", if not at launch then some near point in the future.