Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

So, I have to say I really dislike designing a class around specifically around carrying an off-perk weapon. the Demo's off-perk skill rubs me the wrong way, a class should have all the gear they need in their own class to hold their own, at least as long as they're with the group. Thankfully the HX cluster pistol buff/bugfix goes a long way in the right direction since now the demo pistol is actually really good.

All that being said, having a medic SMG or support shotgun as a backup makes it really damned fun/effective. While mutliclassing being the way the perk is designed does irk me, I feel it actually does work rather well with the Demo. The Demo weapons really are best used as a backup. So kudos to you Tripwire. I dislike the idea and yet enjoy the execution. Also love the gibs flying everywhere.

As a side note, I did notice that if you mutliclass and do damage to an enemy with two perks' weapons, it only displays you getting half XP. I'm assuming that you get XP for both perks, which means that the perk XP notification really should be updated so that it can have multiple perk experience notifications pop up at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

The Jumpoff posted:

Go play KF1 then because it's an FAL.

Pacino used a customized FN FNC-80 in Heat, not the FAL. Its aesthetically similar but much shorter and a bit lighter. :eng101:

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
I have another bug report :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
No you see, it activated a smoke screen to become invisible so the zeds can't dodge it when it fires.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Sep 1, 2015

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

The confused grasping makes it almost look intentionally programmed.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Ah, desync. :allears:

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Got a random crash after someone tried to spam a vote to kick over and over. A lot of players also disconnected at the same time, dunno if they crashed like me or were just fed up and left :v:

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Is there any truth to the rumour that zed corpses can block M79 shots and cause them to dud if too close? I can see how that would mimic reality, but it would mean there's a big advantage to turning corpse numbers down massively in the ini. Well, if you aim low at crawlers anyway.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Imo they shouldn't despawn the M79 grenades/RPG rockets, but give them a few seconds to see if they roll enough to trigger the fuse :v:

Is there a list somewhere of when the different tracks get played? Like Die Volter is obvious, the rest not so.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Sep 1, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Gromit posted:

Is there any truth to the rumour that zed corpses can block M79 shots and cause them to dud if too close? I can see how that would mimic reality, but it would mean there's a big advantage to turning corpse numbers down massively in the ini. Well, if you aim low at crawlers anyway.

always jump before firing, pro MLG style. bunnyhopping with an RPG is totally tactical, right guys???

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
The update (the real update and not the preview/beta) is going live!

Thanks for all the help, feedback and bug reports during the preview. I'll see you all in-game.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Questioner86 posted:

The update (the real update and not the preview/beta) is going live!

Thanks for all the help, feedback and bug reports during the preview. I'll see you all in-game.

Do you happen to know what's going to happen with regards to switching from the beta branch to the main branch? Is the beta branch getting killed (which AFAIK will send everyone over to the main branch and make people only download the difference between the current beta and the main), or will we have to manually switch from the beta branch to the main one?

Also, good work! This was a really good beta for the patch.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Gromit posted:

I had a fantastic "oh shhiiiiiiiiiii" moment in Catacombs related to this. I was shooting my M79 over a railing and clipped a nearby corpse just as Zed time hit, so I got to watch this insanely deadly shell tumble around and fall directly at my feet in super slow motion. I'm good at games :v:

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Do you happen to know what's going to happen with regards to switching from the beta branch to the main branch? Is the beta branch getting killed (which AFAIK will send everyone over to the main branch and make people only download the difference between the current beta and the main), or will we have to manually switch from the beta branch to the main one?

Also, good work! This was a really good beta for the patch.

Preview branch is nuked. Should force you to the main branch which is now one revision higher than the preview branch was.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Questioner86 posted:

Preview branch is nuked. Should force you to the main branch which is now one revision higher than the preview branch was.

Awesome, thanks.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

The Jumpoff posted:

Go play KF1 then because it's an FAL.
Actually it's a Swedish AK5 (FAL clone) and both guns are in Payday 2, which is basically Heat: The Game.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Not sure if I imagined this but is there a shuffle button in game for the soundtrack?

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Flipswitch posted:

Not sure if I imagined this but is there a shuffle button in game for the soundtrack?

I wish there was an option to dump mp3s into a folder so you could have custom music

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

An easier way to make a custom soundtrack would go a long way on forgetting the last few things I remember of the RO2 launch, this is mindnumbing.

What we've found so far:

quote:

WW_MACT 21 Songs
499508076 MUS_ID_Murderer_Inst
364805875 MUS_LS_SomethingMore_Inst
684760652 MUS_DH_Infected_Inst
294661981 zYnthetic_ByTheThroat ACT 206
308661427 MUS_RG_KillOrBeKilled_Inst
180341320 zYnthetic_ImageCorruptor ACT 208
703171051 MUS_BAJ_MadeForWar

790848346 MUS_DH_WeDontCare_Inst
429600732 MUS_RG_CloneMutation_Inst
727223910 MUS_FFAK_BitterEnd_Inst
19144916 zYnthetic_DeathMarches ACT 205

312960212 MUS_ID_RavenousDisease_Inst
145948109 zYnthetic_Hydra ACT 210
367363167 MUS_LS_Despair_Inst
1068004181 MUS_DH_Collapsing_Inst

131033496 zYnthetic_Incarnate ACT 209
2804434 MUS_DH_NotI_Inst
957139672 zYnthetic_Recombinant ACT 119
248136263 MUS_DH_Death_Inst
875245223 MACT D Disunion Inst (MAY BE WRONG)
666327332 MUS_SH_Boss_DieVolter

WW_MAMB 13 Songs
1053015750 zYnthetic_PreyForTheWicked AMB 200
1039391895 MUS_RG_InTheDarkness_Inst
977682838 zYnthetic_PostForceTrauma AMB 302
942727632 MUS_Z_PhantomSecurity
872775510 MUS_Z_RendezvousPoint
469078662 zYnthetic_TreadingAshes AMB 300
327061799 MUS_Z_Malformitate_01
231000480 MAMB Z MomentaryReprieve
156495284 zYnthetic_Aftermath AMB 203
118765967 zYnthetic_LatentTraces AMB 303
110592195 zYnthetic_ForeignBodies AMB 202
91775572 MUS_Z_AssemblyLab
65679231 zYnthetic_BoneShards AMB 301

Other 1 Song
799659999 Main Menu

Kinda amazed no one has sat down and tried mapping which sound files go where yet, we're still pretty sure we're missing at least one.

Like I'd be happy with a good list from one of the audio people, or just a folder where you can toss .wem files into(Since afaik the engine can't run mp3's directly from a folder)

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 2, 2015

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Played a couple hours of the new patch and berserker is the clear winner. Zweihander is the best and skills aren't dogshit. Firebug feels a bit weak at clearing trash, at least at low perk level, and demolitionist feels pretty useless.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Really? Firebug and zerk seem to have the most effortless low wave clears to me. Demo I don't switch to unless I have some money, but when I have the cash it is really fun.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Kill All Humans posted:

Played a couple hours of the new patch and berserker is the clear winner. Zweihander is the best and skills aren't dogshit. Firebug feels a bit weak at clearing trash, at least at low perk level, and demolitionist feels pretty useless.

Demolitionsits are best for Fleshpounds and that's about it. You really want an off-perk weapon after the first few waves just to help the team in between FPs showing up or when you see a convenient cluster of trash to vaporize. An off-perk weapon is doubly important since both Scrakes and Hans are highly resistant to explosives.

Edit: getting to level 5 and getting the explode-on-contact skill for your dynamite also really helps.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

As demo I bought the healing pistol and smg and basically played like a poor man's medic while I was trying to save money for the grenade launcher. It just felt like I could have been more effective as any other class before I could afford the big guns. I guess I'm just comparing kf2 demo with kf1 demo where the perk was waaaay more effective because of all the chokepoints making low ammo explosive weapons much more useful.

I'll play firebug a bit more though. I can imagine it gets a lot better with perk levels.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

It gets MUCH better when you get the dynamite skill at 5, it turns into this.

This is also the reason why I carry around C4 as a zerker.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Alkydere posted:

Edit: getting to level 5 and getting the explode-on-contact skill for your dynamite also really helps.

I can agree. It's the alternate method to get out of a Clot grab.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Played around again for the first time since release. Zerk is fun as hell and I'm really bad at parrying, but stunlocking a scrake with zwei strong headshots and a few decent parries felt awesome. Then three fps showed up and all my demo friends ran away, taking their RPGs with them while a firebug helpfully bathed everything in flames so I couldn't see anything. Was fun, would do again. I grabbed a medic ar as my long range complement to my zwei, figuring I could help the team out with heals and decent dart regen. Oh well.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Nalesh posted:

It gets MUCH better when you get the dynamite skill at 5, it turns into this.

This is also the reason why I carry around C4 as a zerker.

widespread posted:

I can agree. It's the alternate method to get out of a Clot grab.

Yeah, the unstable dynamite really makes Demo a lot better, especially now that the cluster pistol is actually good.

Kill All Humans posted:

As demo I bought the healing pistol and smg and basically played like a poor man's medic while I was trying to save money for the grenade launcher. It just felt like I could have been more effective as any other class before I could afford the big guns. I guess I'm just comparing kf2 demo with kf1 demo where the perk was waaaay more effective because of all the chokepoints making low ammo explosive weapons much more useful.

I'll play firebug a bit more though. I can imagine it gets a lot better with perk levels.

The big issue with Demo is that it has no high ammo volume weapons. Literally everything is single shot. So you need to have an off-perk shotgun, SMG or AR of some sort. Not my favorite setup but it works well.

And yeah, Firebug gets really good once you get to level 5 as well. At that level firebug weapons all start with full ammo. No more having to hold back when you get $650 on the first round because if you did buy that T2 weapon wouldn't have enough ammo. So now just say "fuckit" and buy that trench gun and get max ammo right out the gate. Which means you "tech" up really fast as you're gonna grab that Microwave gun (with full batteries) the moment you get $1500, and also works with your starting Caulk.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Hm, do any of you have a SoundbanksInfo.xml file in your kf2 folder? can't seem to find where it's supposed to be.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 2, 2015

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Alkydere posted:

Demolitionsits are best for Fleshpounds and that's about it.

Messed around lately with Demo and RPG in regards to that video I posted a page or two back. If you can nail it and you have the ammo to spare Demo kills Scrakes really easily with a couple close-range dud rounds to the head. Like 2 on 6-player Normal and Hard, 3 on Suicidal and HoE. Plus I was only level 8. Still, I wouldn't make a habit of it.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Messed around lately with Demo and RPG in regards to that video I posted a page or two back. If you can nail it and you have the ammo to spare Demo kills Scrakes really easily with a couple close-range dud rounds to the head. Like 2 on 6-player Normal and Hard, 3 on Suicidal and HoE. Plus I was only level 8. Still, I wouldn't make a habit of it.

Yeah but the RPG's the only weapon that's good against the Scrake just due to the sheer damage it has, and even then it's still rather mediocre against it and Hans. And the RPG is so goddamned heavy. I really wouldn't recommend using the RPG below level 5, when you get contact-fuse dynamite it becomes a lot more viable to have the massive RPG and then use the rest of your weight for an off-perk weapon like the medic SMG.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Are there any good guides for getting started making mutators for KF2? I've been searching around but all I've found so far are KF1 guides and map-making tutorials for the KF2 SDK.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I think that the demo should get more grenades/dynamite, makes sense to me. plus throwing around dynamite is fun for some reason, I think it's watching it burn. Like the demo should almost use dynamite like it's an extra weapon rather than an emergency grenade. Give him one for every level He gains. Throw grenades dynamite like you hate them and they owe you money.

QwertySanchez fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Sep 2, 2015

Zylen
Mar 25, 2005

The third time, the exception becomes the rule

QwertySanchez posted:

I think that the demo should get more grenades/dynamite, makes sense to me.
Give him one for every level He gains.

Can you genuinely not see a problem with giving a class 25 grenades that explode on contact?

Edit: And also deal the highest grenade damage with a knock back/stun.

Zylen fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Sep 2, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Oh dear, I suck at Hard again.

I feel like the CnB has a good thing going because I can lightly toast most trash, then resprinkle them if they don't die/nobody else kills them. But I keep panic wasting ammo on gorefasts who just keep right on swinging for example.

Still trying to get a feel for when I should just lightly sprinkle stuff with the CnB and rely on DoT to deal with my problems in a leisurely manner, or just saying gently caress it and unload practically half my CnB mag so something dies right off without a chance to hurt me, basically. Anything I'd have to ask that question is something the weapon switch times between my 9mm or knife would probably get me stabbed, if they are close enough to hit with the CnB in the first place :v: (Gorefasts give zero fucks about being on fire. What a world when I'm worrying about gorefasts)

Not like the pistol and knife aren't seeing use on trash anyways. Carving up slashers is fun :ese:

I'm assuming it's just the low level (only just hit 5) that leaves me wondering sometimes if the Bloat isn't actually weak to fire, just flamethrowers. "Oh good the molotov splash torched them, now to deal with other problem-oh he's no longer on fire and puking on me".

Flamethrower is like roasting marshmallows with a jet engine though :dance: shame I can't have that and the microwave at the same time, since the flamethrower apparently is set to "Tickle" against fleshpounds.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Nobody ever heals each other unless they're playing medic. The syringe doesn't reach far enough, takes too long to bring out, and you have to wait for it to fully recharge even to heal someone a little bit. Please encourage people to heal each other off perk more. Namaste.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

QwertySanchez posted:

I think that the demo should get more grenades/dynamite, makes sense to me. plus throwing around dynamite is fun for some reason, I think it's watching it burn. Like the demo should almost use dynamite like it's an extra weapon rather than an emergency grenade. Give him one for every level He gains. Throw grenades dynamite like you hate them and they owe you money.

I was honestly surprised to find out that the "extra explosives" perk wasn't an extra grenade but instead +1 ammo/5 levels on all demo weapons. But once I tried out the contact fuse dynamite it made sense. The dynamite becomes a real beast of a weapon and it's like having 5 shots of short-ranged bloop gun no matter what in your pocket, having more than 5 would be hilariously unbalanced.

Section Z posted:

Oh dear, I suck at Hard again.

I feel like the CnB has a good thing going because I can lightly toast most trash, then resprinkle them if they don't die/nobody else kills them. But I keep panic wasting ammo on gorefasts who just keep right on swinging for example.

Still trying to get a feel for when I should just lightly sprinkle stuff with the CnB and rely on DoT to deal with my problems in a leisurely manner, or just saying gently caress it and unload practically half my CnB mag so something dies right off without a chance to hurt me, basically. Anything I'd have to ask that question is something the weapon switch times between my 9mm or knife would probably get me stabbed, if they are close enough to hit with the CnB in the first place :v: (Gorefasts give zero fucks about being on fire. What a world when I'm worrying about gorefasts)

Not like the pistol and knife aren't seeing use on trash anyways. Carving up slashers is fun :ese:

I'm assuming it's just the low level (only just hit 5) that leaves me wondering sometimes if the Bloat isn't actually weak to fire, just flamethrowers. "Oh good the molotov splash torched them, now to deal with other problem-oh he's no longer on fire and puking on me".

Flamethrower is like roasting marshmallows with a jet engine though :dance: shame I can't have that and the microwave at the same time, since the flamethrower apparently is set to "Tickle" against fleshpounds.

I'm level 7 firebug and I feel that the CnB is wonderful for the whole "clear trash, generate a dozen assists" aspect but as you mention it's kind of expensive to secure the kill. It's amazing for both you and another player if you play together, you both get to save ammo and packs of trash just disappear. By yourself though it's really not all that great once you move past normal just for the amount of time or fuel it takes to kill trash. The more I play with it, as much as I love it I come to rely on (and love) the Trenchgun until I can replace my CnB with a flamethrower or microwave gun.

Speaking of which, I'm noticing the Trenchgun has a hilarious amount of stagger on it. Even at long ranges anything you hit that isn't listed as a "Big Zed" will stumble around when you nail them. The fireball on that gun is surprisingly cohesive at long ranges and it's great at loving with sirens and husks, stunlocking them until they finally die. I look forward to seeing how much stagger the Trenchgun has once I get the "point blank range shots will stagger zeds" skill.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Sep 2, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Nobody ever heals each other unless they're playing medic. The syringe doesn't reach far enough, takes too long to bring out, and you have to wait for it to fully recharge even to heal someone a little bit. Please encourage people to heal each other off perk more. Namaste.

As a general PSA to everyone: :siren::siren::siren: BUY A MEDIC PISTOL :siren::siren::siren:

It's one weight unit for the ability to heal teammates at range, there's basically no reason not to have one on you at all times past wave 1.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Syringing people seemed way more reliable and easy to do on the fly back in KF1. In 2, I have never been able to poke someone on the first click while on the move, something about it just makes the hit detection real dodgy.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Hans' melee strikes should not take off 60 health, wounded status should not slow you down the way it does.

It's made worse by the combination: Hans hits you once, you're slow, you're now dead because you can't avoid strike number two. It prevents clutch saves (which are awesome) and it makes Hans' ridiculous melee even more powerful in context because one 60 hp strike essentially ends up being a player dying more often than not - and usually more often than not before the medic's darts can even travel from gun to player. Or even in non-Hans situations, the low health just means taking 50 damage is taking all the damage. What's the point of even having hitpoint values below 50 if they end up meaning almost nothing?

and with the health scaling he gets - which I also think is too high - it turns a 6 man suicidal into a drawn out, unfun slog of a bossfight which usually results in him just deciding to charge you faster than you can run, melee you so you're crippled, and then kill you. Repeat x6.

when Hans with 3-4 is both a more balanced fight and a more fun fight, something is hosed up.

ALSO: how can this game not keep track of ammo counts correctly? How in the gently caress is it still a bug that I will lose ammo at random times right in front of my eyes for having the raw nerve to, you know, pick up a weapon?

Psion fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Sep 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

Zylen posted:

Can you genuinely not see a problem with giving a class 25 grenades that explode on contact?

Edit: And also deal the highest grenade damage with a knock back/stun.

Maybe a problem for the specimens. You could say I'd be having a blast.

Alright, alright, I admit I wrote that and immediately thought "maybe just one more stick of dynamite each time you can pick a new perk" and I haven't played demo long enough to actually try the dynmite with knockback/stun/exploding on contact. It mainly came from a place of being annoyed by how crappy the grenade pistol was before the update, and how limited you are with the C4. Plus throwing dynamite at things to kill them makes me feel like a badass. Thank you Blood.