Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I had a feeling he was pulling our legs but I so desperately want it to be real, and there'd be a market for it. Earth sold pretty well, didn't it?

I looked up that thing about Saddam getting a key to the city of Detroit, too. Seems legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Everyone knows about the Saddam-Detroit thing if they've been on Reddit before. It comes up as a TIL practically weekly.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
It sounds like one of those things that would happen when Saddam was still "a dictator, but one of our dictators" years.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Andy Zaltzman does the well-researched lies bit way better than John does.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I actually got depressed when John said there was no book :(

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

ChadSexington posted:

CSPAN callers are crazy as hell, but I really wish he'd give that bit a rest.

I think its a great call back if he would just do it maybe 3 times a year. Really give some poor staff member a chance to cherry pick the best calls.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I'm surprised they haven't done more "Other Countries' Presidents of The United States" bits, it seems like Colbert's "Better Know a District" in that they won't run out of further options any time soon and even if they can't come up with too many jokes it's actually a nice sort of primer that I think a lot of people secretly appreciate for filling in gaps in their knowledge.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

SlothfulCobra posted:

Andy Zaltzman does the well-researched lies bit way better than John does.

Yeah, there was a bit that Andy did a couple of years ago about Franklin Roosevelt's bucket of lobsters that had me laughing uncontrollably on a train for five minutes.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

spamman posted:

Yeah, there was a bit that Andy did a couple of years ago about Franklin Roosevelt's bucket of lobsters that had me laughing uncontrollably on a train for five minutes.

I've gotta hear this.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Bugle 178 I think (see below)

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 2, 2015

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Bugle 233. It's worth listening to the first 5-8 minutes of that one as there's another Andy story just before it that is equally as fantastic.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ2noSR1qdY

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Does the show return tonight or next week? I can't remember how many weeks I've waited so far.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Krinkle posted:

Does the show return tonight or next week? I can't remember how many weeks I've waited so far.

Tonight.

Praise be to Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption!

This is fucken bullshit!!

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Sep 14, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Which of you goons sent the cum

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Goddamn HBO not sticking to a fuckin' time slot. I'm missing rick and morty because you offset your show by six minutes for whatever reason.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I wonder if any of those jars of cum had ponies in them.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I am sure a Bugler sent in the Penis. I am going to blame Chris for sending in the "seed". gently caress you Chris.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Wait... you all didn't send semen?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Two more weeks off? This is some horseshit scheduling that would cause me to quit watching lesser shows.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
That public defenders piece really hit home. Man, having gone through it first hand, public defenders have that poo poo real bad. I mean, not as bad as the people who are facing something against the court, but bad.

And it's really all too real that pleading out is what they basically want you to do to save them the headache of having the 7 minutes before they stand in front of the judge to prepare your case.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Timett posted:

Two more weeks off? This is some horseshit scheduling that would cause me to quit watching lesser shows.

One week off. Still horseshit, but not quite as bad.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

evilbastard posted:

I had front row center seats, and he actually pulled out his phone to show me (in reality the six people in my general area, but it was facing me as well) an email his office has just sent him for his church : A parcel has arrived with a 3 foot tall, exquisitely carved timber penis with a card something like "and here is my seed".

When they cut to the Church of Perpetual Exemption set this episode and I saw there was something approximately 3 feet tall covered in a sheet next to Oliver's seat I knew exactly what it was going to be. :v:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
That jab at scientology at the end was nice.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Video up on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USkEzLuzmZ4

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
"OF COURSE IT WAS FLORIDA HOW COULD IT NOT BE FLORIDA"

"IT'S CONTSITUTAIONAL AS gently caress"

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Goddamnit. I'm really sad the church is shutting down. That was fun.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
He does have a point that when your being sent Jizz in the mail, it's time to change what your doing.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

He does have a point that when your being sent Jizz in the mail, it's time to change what your doing.

I feel like this is probably going to just get them more jizz, though.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

MikeJF posted:

Goddamnit. I'm really sad the church is shutting down. That was fun.

I'm sad that my laziness/lack of available postage caused me to miss out on this cultural phenomena. I really wanted that outline of Jon's butt.

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7JVaFm_As8

In case someone missed the Church segment

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Maybe we should send semen to televangelists to get them to quit too.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
So I imagine when John gets back, this has to get at least some mention.

Otherwise though, the issue regarding lawyers not being quite so affordable as they're meant to be is unfortunately true across the pond. One MP went through the court system and was flatout shocked that you actually had to pay for your lawyers, rather than them being provided for free. Which is also why so many 'No Win No Fee' agencies have cropped up over the last decade - because people often don't have a lot of choice and will gladly give up part of their settlements if it means someone defending them, and even then a lot of those agencies are injury focused.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
I missed the first segments, I turned it on during the Now This about the Queen's hats. Was there anything worth going back to see?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

lifts cats over head posted:

I missed the first segments, I turned it on during the Now This about the Queen's hats. Was there anything worth going back to see?

yes

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

lifts cats over head posted:

You don't have to watch the whole thing, you can turn it off after the bits you haven't seen. No one's going to make fun of you if you do.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Is there some kind of reason for why the show is going on another break for a week after just returning from a two week break?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

Is there some kind of reason for why the show is going on another break for a week after just returning from a two week break?

Emmys

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Oh, well then. I hope they win one (or more, if that's possible).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

Oh, well then. I hope they win one (or more, if that's possible).

It already won Outstanding Interactive Program and I do not think its going to win the other ones its nominated for due to Colbert Report ending.

• Locked thread