Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

Daedleh posted:

OGRE STUFF!

Having Boomers shoot over models with Breath Weapons (which I assume ignores the penalty for cover?) to kill banner bearers sounds GREAT! Is this good enough to try to get into Abyssal Dwarves with allies or does it look shinier then it really is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Played a ~700 point game with a friend on a small table to teach him the game dwarfs vs undead it was ludicrously close, last survivng models were a king, a revenant king and a regiment of rangers. Rangers were mvps.

Who has received their pledges? I got the box with models and the softback book a week or so ago (combined with xtreme) but the hardback still hasn't turned up.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I haven't gotten KoW nor DBX, and I'm in the US.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Two thoughts from the KS updates today;

That hrund concept sculpt looks great and I kind of regret not getting a second to build both of them.

I'm kind disappointed to learn that the Dungeon Siege failed mission mechanic from the intro adventures is part of the larger game too. Not having any consequence for failing a mission besides having to restart from the beginning kind of hampers the competitive aspect of it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

^^I got two of them for that very purpose :smug:

Still waiting for my dual box in Aus; they ran out of the deluxe, hardback and softback at retail, as well as Wound Trackers, Counter Set, Goblins, Basilean Men-at-Arms, and 20mm square bases.

I don't think they were expecting to happen what actually happened to WHFB, at least not this fast or right now in the middle of shipping/printing, or just how much demand there would be in response for the new book. Overwhelming tidal wave of angry fantasy players looking for a new home.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

Phoon posted:

Played a ~700 point game with a friend on a small table to teach him the game dwarfs vs undead it was ludicrously close, last survivng models were a king, a revenant king and a regiment of rangers. Rangers were mvps.

Who has received their pledges? I got the box with models and the softback book a week or so ago (combined with xtreme) but the hardback still hasn't turned up.

I'm in the exact same situation, so is the other player at our club. There's one guy there who has a hardback, but he got it at retail.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?
God knows what's going on with shipping at the moment. I've not had anything through but it's on my LGS's shelves.

Doctor Borris posted:

Having Boomers shoot over models with Breath Weapons (which I assume ignores the penalty for cover?) to kill banner bearers sounds GREAT! Is this good enough to try to get into Abyssal Dwarves with allies or does it look shinier then it really is?

It works great and does ignore cover. Bear in mind you'll need to do about 6 damage to start really making banner bearers rout but a single unit can do that with a good set of rolls (Ogre boomers regiment will average 3-4, decimators 4-5), and two will certainly do it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I'm kind disappointed to learn that the Dungeon Siege failed mission mechanic from the intro adventures is part of the larger game too. Not having any consequence for failing a mission besides having to restart from the beginning kind of hampers the competitive aspect of it.

I don't play competitive games anymore; I'd much rather do co-op. Maybe I'm just getting older and less cranky?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Got my combined DBX and KoW box today :woop:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
My copy of the Gamer's Rulebook arrived! The doodle of the skeleton getting vaporized is the best :3:

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

If I ever need a new username its gonna be vape skeleton

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

OATH THREAD CROSS POST!!!

And I got my stuff yesterday, after wrestling with DHL! It's a good week afterall!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

moths posted:

And I got my stuff yesterday, after wrestling with DHL! It's a good week afterall!

Very nice! Do you have any similar units painted? I've got some undead figures and I'm looking for ideas.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Thanks, and I do! I've actually been photographing my undead as I go since it all ends up in the oath thread and/or my blog. Here's (almost) everything I've gotten done so far:

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Love the skeleton and dudes with green weapons

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The angry browed skeletons give me massive Army of Darkness vibes and I love it

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Spooky :hb:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hi Mantic thread. I've been meaning to read this thread but it's over 5,000 posts so I guess I won't. But: I kickstarted Kings of War (for like three hundred bucks of stuff, jeebus) and today I just receieved from Zurich my 2nd edition Kings of War rule book. So now I guess I am a Mantic Gamer.

This rule book is real nice. I won't have time to read it for a couple days but I'm loving the forward by Rick Priestly, which begins:

quote:

When asked to write these few introductory words I hardly expected to find myself writing the foreward to what is undoubtedly now the most popular mass-battle fantasy game on the market!

Sick burn.

I've got a link to this spreadsheet which seems to have what I need to run my Tomb Kings. Is this the latest version, e.g., is it getting updated regularly?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

moths posted:

Thanks, and I do! I've actually been photographing my undead as I go since it all ends up in the oath thread and/or my blog. Here's (almost) everything I've gotten done so far:

cool moss on those bases

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Phoon posted:

Greater Earth Elemental

Now I'm imagining a Rare Earth Elemental with everyone's axes and key rings stuck to it.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Hi Mantic thread. I've been meaning to read this thread but it's over 5,000 posts so I guess I won't. But: I kickstarted Kings of War (for like three hundred bucks of stuff, jeebus) and today I just receieved from Zurich my 2nd edition Kings of War rule book. So now I guess I am a Mantic Gamer.

This rule book is real nice. I won't have time to read it for a couple days but I'm loving the forward by Rick Priestly, which begins:

Sick burn.

I've got a link to this spreadsheet which seems to have what I need to run my Tomb Kings. Is this the latest version, e.g., is it getting updated regularly?

It's the latest version. We're having a call to go over feedback tonight but not sure if we're going over the main lists or just the two secret ones. If the spreadsheet gets hidden then we're currently updating it.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Is there a timeline on the secret lists? I'm getting very curious!

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

I don't know for definite but I suspect they'll be getting teased in the run-up to the books release. Plus y'know, we've got a group of playtesters going through them. While they've all been sworn to secrecy it wouldn't surprise me if a few bits and bobs started leaking.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

"Work In Progress pics of Enforcer Interceptor currently in painting. Shown here with optional troop transport capacity ‪#‎warpathiscoming‬"

:aaaaa:

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

GORGEOUS

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
My main question now is if it'll fit on my Infinity helipad.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Pierzak posted:

My main question now is if it'll fit on my Infinity helipad.

Dunno how big an Infinity helipad is, but you can bet it'll fit on the Battlezones landing pad!

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
It even carries over the helmet motif for the canopy. Can't wait to see the version bristling with weapons.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That looks goddamn amazing. (Please let the game be good, Mantic.)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

thiswayliesmadness posted:

It even carries over the helmet motif for the canopy. Can't wait to see the version bristling with weapons.

Same as the Forge Father tank having a helmet and beard :3:

Fighter version gets different wingtips with big guns, and the bomber version gets a bomb pod instead of the cargo pos, iirc

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Yeah I was gonna say, the aesthetic is fantastic and fits alongside the troops.

All except one thing: the pregnant fish-looking troop carrier section.

NTRabbit posted:

cargo pos
I choose to believe this is not a typo because boy howdy does that make an otherwise stellar miniature look bad

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I'm tempted to buy some Sigmarines to convert into Elohi, since they're going for dirt cheap on ebay. Please talk me out of this.

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah I was gonna say, the aesthetic is fantastic and fits alongside the troops.

All except one thing: the pregnant fish-looking troop carrier section.

I choose to believe this is not a typo because boy howdy does that make an otherwise stellar miniature look bad

It actually looks like a separate container that can be dropped into a warzone, not actually part of the dropship itself.

Silhouette fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Sep 1, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hope so!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It's modular

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Silhouette posted:

I'm tempted to buy some Sigmarines to convert into Elohi, since they're going for dirt cheap on ebay. Please talk me out of this.

I couldn't resist some at $2/figure. (Mine are going to be oversized skeleton kings.)

I still feel dirty, though.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

Freakin finally man

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Nice, but I'm surprised they didn't write it in the rulebook itself.
BTW, how big is that book? The format looks weird.

Also, anyone know the current ETA for Dungeon Saga shipping?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

moths posted:

I couldn't resist some at $2/figure. (Mine are going to be oversized skeleton kings.)

I still feel dirty, though.

I figure with some feathered wings taken from Heroclix/Mageknight figures, new heads and weapon swaps, they'll look pretty decent. At least AoS will be good for something!

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Ive been working on my KoM army, its quick and dirty but it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Pierzak posted:

Nice, but I'm surprised they didn't write it in the rulebook itself.
BTW, how big is that book? The format looks weird.

Also, anyone know the current ETA for Dungeon Saga shipping?

Nobody is sure, the kickstarter said August, then they started talking about September being the ship date without any delay announcement. Then two weeks ago they announced that doing would be delayed a few weeks and didn't specify from which ship date. It's likely late October at this point.