Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Man a pay to win diablo mmo

They have a real winner on their hands there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Uziduke posted:

And Trion is doing it again.

I hope people learned from ArcheAge.

https://www.deviliangame.com/en/store/

Who's in!?!?!?!?!!?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

saw a video of the gameplay and i thought it actually was Diablo at first lol, like that someone had posted this video linking to a Diablo clip on youtube as a joke

it wasnt a joke

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you can pay $150 for it if you want

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Uziduke posted:

And Trion is doing it again.

I hope people learned from ArcheAge.

https://www.deviliangame.com/en/store/

Is there a thread for this game yet? If/when there is, we need to make sure people don't make the same mistakes that some of us did when we bought the founder's pack for AA. This is another Trion money grab for what will be another terrible game. They're already moving onto the next flavor of the month MMO, and AA will become even worse than it already is.

ruffz fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 1, 2015

Morbidmind
Feb 24, 2013
Can we just link them the old archeage thread as a tale of warning when the time comes?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Eonwe posted:

you can pay $150 for it if you want

i didnt see anyone throwing jars of spiders at people in the gameplay video so im gonna have to pass and stay loyal to diablo 3, im sorry friend

you walk a lonely road

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Morbidmind posted:

Can we just link them the old archeage thread as a tale of warning when the time comes?

Which one though

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
P2W Asian Diablo MMO?

SIGN ME THE gently caress UP!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

ruffz posted:

Is there a thread for this game yet? If/when there is, we need to make sure people don't make the same mistakes that some of us did when we bought the founder's pack for AA. This is another Trion money grab for what will be another terrible game. They're already moving onto the next flavor of the month MMO, and AA will become even worse than it already is.

I think we should encourage everyone to get the $150 pack.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

gwrtheyrn posted:

Which one though

The gassed one of course. Or maybe just a link to the post where kimsemus gets banned from the nonexistent star citizen goon guild for loving with fishermen.

Morbidmind
Feb 24, 2013

Charles Bukowski posted:

The gassed one of course. Or maybe just a link to the post where kimsemus gets banned from the nonexistent star citizen goon guild for loving with fishermen.

#FreeKimsemus

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Charles Bukowski posted:

Banned in EVE as well, wasn't he? That was one of the most ridiculous overreactions I've seen in many years playing MMOs with goons. "This guy killed me in a PVP game, I'm gonna abuse my power in another game and kick him out"

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ruffz posted:

Banned in EVE as well, wasn't he? That was one of the most ridiculous overreactions I've seen in many years playing MMOs with goons. "This guy killed me in a PVP game, I'm gonna abuse my power in another game and kick him out"

Many goons like to think we're some elite form of enlightened MMO breed and not at all like those terrible, petulant pubbies. This is a fantasy more often than not.

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

I was going to ask how the game is these days, but to be honest the last few pages told me all I need to know.

Not played since around the time of that paedophile problem the guild had, left over being completely unable to grab a bit of land due to playing on US server from EU, someone else always had better ping than me.

From what I can tell, they've fixed more or less nothing and just decided to make another game instead because all their money came from those drat overpriced preorders? I'd like to say I'd be amazed if anyone fell for it again, but I know better.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
I posted this on the MMORPG.com forums saying Trion out to Rip poeple off again, and there was people defending Trion. So I am sure people will buy these.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

They didn't make AA and they didn't make Devilian. The only problem the game itself has right now is what you always get with PvP crafting games, most servers have a dominant guild or alliance that makes obscene money each day and is pretty much impossible to topple.

A lot of people are looking forward to the fresh start servers to help with this.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Spider Covets posted:

i didnt see anyone throwing jars of spiders at people in the gameplay video so im gonna have to pass and stay loyal to diablo 3, im sorry friend

you walk a lonely road

lol no way im paying for this poo poo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Charles Bukowski posted:

there were 3 or 4 gassed threads im p sure

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Eonwe posted:

there were 3 or 4 gassed threads im p sure

At least that many, and probably half of them mention people getting banned from space importance for fishing sins

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Eltoasto posted:

They didn't make AA and they didn't make Devilian. The only problem the game itself has right now is what you always get with PvP crafting games, most servers have a dominant guild or alliance that makes obscene money each day and is pretty much impossible to topple.

A lot of people are looking forward to the fresh start servers to help with this.

Or the problem is it's a lovely game.

Maybe.

I can't tell whether you're talking about AA or not diablo 3, but it doesn't actually matter when you get down to it.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Eonwe posted:

lol no way im paying for this poo poo

youve achieved enlightenment

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

I still miss the days in the closed beta I was in a guild that devoted all most 100% of our resources power lving a alch to get the boat repair, we were the first on server to have it and then we went out and sunk every boat we ran into. Got so much gold for this. Then release happened and I couldn't even log into the drat game between getting home and bed time because of the que.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

ruffz posted:

I feel like a dumbass for listening to goons about getting the game. We need more Eonwes and less people who think the gliders and boats are worth 150+$.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Deki posted:

I feel like a dumbass for listening to goons about getting the game. We need more Eonwes and less people who think the gliders and boats are worth 150+$.

We did our work.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

The forums are harassing me.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Bluehole Ginno

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Deki posted:

I feel like a dumbass for listening to goons about getting the game.

never ever loving listen to an mmo thread, especially before it's released, praising the game. there were legions of defenders for wildstar too, and warhammer online, and age of conan.

always remember:

All MMO Are Bad
Some More Than Other

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

sword_man.gif posted:

never ever loving listen to an mmo thread, especially before it's released, praising the game. there were legions of defenders for wildstar too, and warhammer online, and age of conan.

always remember:

All MMO Are Bad
Some More Than Other

There is EVE the worst game ever, but I sitll have CCP charges hit my bank account every month.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

sword_man.gif posted:

always remember:

All MMO Are Bad
Some More Than Other

I feel like we should make a rule in MMO HMO that you should check for buying advice in a related thread in imp zone. Or maybe just an imp zone prepurchasing advice thread, where the first post is just a 140 point font NO.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I bought Archeum Founder, and the top founder pack in Neverwinter, neither disappointed me, both are good games.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I can't wait to play as a "dualist". Honing my mind and body into a pair of deadly weapons sounds cool as heck.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

sword_man.gif posted:

always remember:

All MMO Are Bad
Some More Than Other

I knew Wildstar and AoC were garbage before they came out. WAR had an incredible amount of potential but server instability killed it. ArcheAge really looked like the next big thing, I'll admit I got fooled.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

ruffz posted:

I knew Wildstar and AoC were garbage before they came out. WAR had an incredible amount of potential but server instability killed it. ArcheAge really looked like the next big thing, I'll admit I got fooled.

War was fun, but yes the game not being to really support big battles was a bad thing. Also being told to slow down on my DPS because I won the good loot every time because i contributed the most to the group, bad bad loot system.

Morbidmind
Feb 24, 2013

Uziduke posted:

War was fun, but yes the game not being to really support big battles was a bad thing. Also being told to slow down on my DPS because I won the good loot every time because i contributed the most to the group, bad bad loot system.

Not to mention mythic balancing classes based on population. Order got buffed, at the same time half the destro guilds were already agreeing to jump over to help balance the pvp a bit more. Completely swung the RvR the other way and it never recovered.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Uziduke posted:

Haha oh god I had forgotten about that loot system. So terrible. I recall the goon guild leadership being atrocious in WAR as well.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

ruffz posted:

I had no interaction with AoC until release. Then natural caution with mmos kept me away from life time subscription and other such madness, but I was still suckered by the first 20 levels. Everything looked really good at first. Took awhile for the poo poo to show.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm really enjoying ArcheAge

Nien
Apr 29, 2013
Anyone played the fishing mmo? Asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

That corgi tho.

• Locked thread