Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah he's mixed up I haven't heard anything like that about Kelce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

You're a champ, SO.

Weekly vegas lines would be :krad: if there's a good source to scrape!

I was able to find these going back so it's not as urgent, not a "get them before they're taken down" situation: http://www.repole.com/sun4cast/data.html

However, I just did another search and there's only one or two other sources, and who knows if they'll be up forever, so it's probably prudent to start scraping them.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
5 weeks for a rolled ankle that's a helluva roll.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

CompeAnansi posted:

Are you confusing him with Julius Thomas?

Maybe. I can't tell TEs apart anymore for fantasy. They are so interchangeable.

Edit: I checked and I was so apologies. The stories for both of them were right after the other and since I do not have either of them on any of my teams I hastily read them.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

jabro posted:

Maybe. I can't tell TEs apart anymore for fantasy. They are so interchangeable.

GET IT STRAIGHT MISTER

Travis "Zeus" Kelce, TE, KC Chiefs

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/red-zone/article32974419.html

Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce leaves Monday’s practice early
Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce left practice early on Monday because of a leg injury. Kelce walked off on his own power, but the extent of the injury is unknown. Trainer Rick Burkholder said the team will have an update on Kelce’s condition on Tuesday.

Julius "Orange Julius" Thomas, TE, JAX Jaguars

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6598/julius-thomas

Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell called Week 4 a "realistic" return target for Julius Thomas (hand surgery).
Thomas has already been essentially ruled out for the first three games of the season. It sounds like returning in Week 4 against the Colts would be a best case scenario. Expect Allen Robinson to be a target monster in the meantime, and for Allen Hurns to also see a bump in early-season usage. Aug 31 - 5:20 PM

Your confusion is borderline fantasy-criminal and has already elevated several blood pressures.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Suave Fedora posted:

GET IT STRAIGHT MISTER

Travis "Zeus" Kelce, TE, KC Chiefs

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/red-zone/article32974419.html

Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce leaves Monday’s practice early
Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce left practice early on Monday because of a leg injury. Kelce walked off on his own power, but the extent of the injury is unknown. Trainer Rick Burkholder said the team will have an update on Kelce’s condition on Tuesday.

Julius "Orange Julius" Thomas, TE, JAX Jaguars

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6598/julius-thomas

Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell called Week 4 a "realistic" return target for Julius Thomas (hand surgery).
Thomas has already been essentially ruled out for the first three games of the season. It sounds like returning in Week 4 against the Colts would be a best case scenario. Expect Allen Robinson to be a target monster in the meantime, and for Allen Hurns to also see a bump in early-season usage. Aug 31 - 5:20 PM

Your confusion is borderline fantasy-criminal and has already elevated several blood pressures.

Jordy walked off on his own, too. I'm only saying this to freak out everyone who drafted Kelce in the 4th.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Travis Kelce was dead, but he got better.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Kelce injury was due to a car crashing into his calf muscle. He's getting bandaged to avoid a staph infection but the car was totaled.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

jabro posted:

Jordy walked off on his own, too. I'm only saying this to freak out everyone who drafted Kelce in the 4th.

God help you if you took Kelce in the 4th.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Not necessarily talking about Kelce, but I think Jordy put to rest the old "walked off on his own power" saying.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
As a Gronk owner, this TE stuff pleases me greatly.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

This is what you all get for drafting anyone other than Gronk or Olsen :colbert:

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

This is what you all get for drafting anyone other than Gronk or Olsen :colbert:

Bennett. :allears:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Eifert/Walker :allears:

(in the last/13th round)

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Owen Daniels was the last player I picked before my DST and kicker and I'm quite alright with that.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Jace Amaro is done for the year. Condolences to anyone desperate enough at TE to be counting on him to rebound

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Owen Daniels was the last player I picked before my DST and kicker and I'm quite alright with that.

Not even kidding, I like him a lot, someone has to get those OJ targets.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
In a 0.5 ppr situation: Woodhead or Vereen?

Alternately, which backup qb would you be more comfortable with: Bortles or Carr?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Kelce is fine, good god you goons are ridiculous.

Is this thread just going to be five months of people panicking and writing bad posts over nothingburger non-events? of course it is what am I even asking

Miko posted:

Alternately, which backup qb would you be more comfortable with: Bortles or Carr?

Vereen, I think Cruz is hosed for good, and that makes Vereen the #2 passing option.

Armack
Jan 27, 2006

Miko posted:

I'd go with Woodhead here.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I got the Owen Daniels/Kyle Rudolph all-injury/upside duo with my 12th and 25th picks respectively. I got Andre Johnson, Jarvis Landry, and Nelson Agholor instead of taking a stupid TE that isn't going to outscore any of them.

Miko posted:

Vereen, but I would keep Woodhead on speed-dial. Considering gamescripts, I feel like Vereen is going to be the Giants #1 RB in touches by like Week 5. Woodhead is a much better 3rd down back at this point than Gordon, but I have the feeling the Chargers are going to let Gordon learn on the fly unless he's completely abysmal in pass-pro.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Miko posted:

This is a good one. Vereen is infinitely more talented but the volume is the questionmark there. Woodie is a volume play who can be an everydown back in case Melvin goes down because he is a great pass-protector.

I would go Vereen just for the home-run potential, but only if either option is a bench option.

I lean Carr. He has a better support system.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Someone just offered me DeAngelo Williams for Ronnie Hillman. I have Le'Veon Bell and maybe he thinks DW is a handcuff, but unless I'm wrong this is a terrible trade for a bench player waiting on injury, right? DeAngelo has screwed me so many times.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
^ it's a lowball but not an unreasonable starting offer. Just ask for more. Right now there really isn't a competition for #2 duties in PIT. It's just that Deangelo's value is going to plummet after Week 2 so you might as well get something else for the trade. But if you don't NEED Deangelo to sub in for Bell, then stand pat until CJ gets nicked up and you'll see how panicked his owner becomes.

Suave Fedora posted:

Let's play Where in the World is RG3?

It's very likely he stays in WAS due to money he's already due, but what would be some QB-needy teams that could use him and offer a fresh start?

I'm guessing the following would make for good team qualifiers:

- shaky/unsettled QB situation
- strong pass protect line (so he doesn't die again)
- one-read/quick-dump friendly offensive schemes
- more possession receivers than anything
- history of taking unwanted players

Dare I say that RG3 could be a Chiefs or Patriot?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rg3-s-potential-stops-after-redskin-exit--4-bad-fits--1-ideal-landing-spot-024536909.html

quote:

The team that fits

The Kansas City Chiefs.

'scuse me, while I :smug: the sky

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Sep 1, 2015

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Jitzu_the_Monk posted:

I'd go with Woodhead here.

Woodhead is competing with Allen (who looks once again beastly from everything I'm seeing/hearing), Stevie Johnson (who will get a shitload of targets), and even Malcolm Floyd. Plus there's the Green/Gates combo siphoning targets, too.

Vereen on the other hand is competing with two JAG-level RBs (as in, I think there's like a ~50% chance Vereen gets the most snaps of the three of them by the end of the season), and the checkdown list pretty much goes:

-Odell Beckham
-Reuben Ra.... oops never mind he ran the wrong route
-Larry "Sore Achilles" Donnell, who hasn't practiced all pre-season
-Shane Vereen

When I look at that list, I pretty much see "Beckham ---> Vereen" as the real checkdown list.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Miko posted:

I love Woodhead in PPR, kinda meh about Vereen this year.

I have both in different dynasty leagues, so I'd be fine with whichever. I am partial to Carr though.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

kiimo posted:

Someone just offered me DeAngelo Williams for Ronnie Hillman. I have Le'Veon Bell and maybe he thinks DW is a handcuff, but unless I'm wrong this is a terrible trade for a bench player waiting on injury, right? DeAngelo has screwed me so many times.

Yeah, I'd keep Hillman. Even if Bell goes down, DeAngelo doesn't have nearly the amount of talent and will not make up the difference. Big Ben and co will be a passing behemoth this year, so I would expect the amount of passing plays to go up in Bell's absence, rather than a simple shift of the typical RB load on to Williams.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

DeAngelo is only good for the fact that you can use him for the first two weeks. I'd much rather have Hillman because it's more likely that something happens to CJ's job than LVB's; and with Kubiak there, Hillman would be in line for a ton of touches. There would need to be a catastrophic Bell injury for Williams to be relevant, and then, I'm betting that the Steelers will adjust mainly by using Brown/Bryant/Wheaton/Miller more; not to say that Williams wouldn't be productive, but I'm guessing Hillman puts up mid-to-low RB1 numbers if CJ goes down/falters, but Williams probably only puts up mid-RB2 numbers if LVB goes down.

Franks Happy Place posted:

Woodhead is competing with Allen (who looks once again beastly from everything I'm seeing/hearing), Stevie Johnson (who will get a shitload of targets), and even Malcolm Floyd. Plus there's the Green/Gates combo siphoning targets, too.

Vereen on the other hand is competing with two JAG-level RBs (as in, I think there's like a ~50% chance Vereen gets the most snaps of the three of them by the end of the season), and the checkdown list pretty much goes:

-Odell Beckham
-Reuben Ra.... oops never mind he ran the wrong route
-Larry "Sore Achilles" Donnell, who hasn't practiced all pre-season
-Shane Vereen

When I look at that list, I pretty much see "Beckham ---> Vereen" as the real checkdown list.

All of this. I like Woodhead, too, but Vereen is the guy to own of the two.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

kiimo posted:

He probably just figures you would want DW for the first two weeks while Bell is out.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

The real answer is handcuffs are stupid, gently caress both DeAngelo and Hillman, and just pick up Zach Zenner :getin:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
GOD IM SO READY FOR WEEK ONE RANKINGS

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
Wow the speed of replies in this thread is just reminding me we're hitting critical mass before the season.

Football is swell.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dandy Kaiser posted:

The real answer is handcuffs are stupid, gently caress both DeAngelo and Hillman, and just pick up Zach Zenner :getin:

Would you take him over Tevin Coleman?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Yeah, I'd keep Hillman. Even if Bell goes down, DeAngelo doesn't have nearly the amount of talent and will not make up the difference. Big Ben and co will be a passing behemoth this year, so I would expect the amount of passing plays to go up in Bell's absence, rather than a simple shift of the typical RB load on to Williams.

Agreed. When you are taking handcuffs, do not prioritize the handcuff to your guy, prioritize the best situation and talent.

If Bell goes down, DeAngelo Williams will still be a lovely old RB on an injury-ravaged team. On the other hand, if Anderson or Charles went down, Hillman or Knile Davis would give you 90 cents on the dollar. If you are buying a lotto ticket, why purposely buy one where you know the prize is lovely?

Remember: the chances of your handcuff paying off are 100% unrelated to who your starters are. Who gives a poo poo whose team the current RB1 is on?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Miko posted:

Wow the speed of replies in this thread is just reminding me we're hitting critical mass before the season.

Football is swell.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Entire front offices on fire off the shoulder of Griffin; I watched Landry glitter in the dark near the Tannehill Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Agreed. When you are taking handcuffs, do not prioritize the handcuff to your guy, prioritize the best situation and talent.

If Bell goes down, DeAngelo Williams will still be a lovely old RB on an injury-ravaged team. On the other hand, if Anderson or Charles went down, Hillman or Knile Davis would give you 90 cents on the dollar. If you are buying a lotto ticket, why purposely buy one where you know the prize is lovely?

Remember: the chances of your handcuff paying off are 100% unrelated to who your starters are. Who gives a poo poo whose team the current RB1 is on?

If you pick up Knile Davis you should know that he will get hurt as well and Charcandrick West has looked like a running/catching beast so far.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Kelce is fine, good god you goons are ridiculous.

Is this thread just going to be five months of people panicking and writing bad posts over nothingburger non-events? of course it is what am I even asking

That's quite a reaction to a guy who made a mistake when reading the injury reports and one guy who wanted to see if there was an update on his practice injury.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nobody knows if Kelce's injury is serious so far. We're waiting on a Reid press conference.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

kiimo posted:

Would you take him over Tevin Coleman?

I don't really want any part of the Atlanta offense that isn't Julio Jones. I'm not against drafting Ryan per se, but why would you when you can just get two of Tannehill/Brady/Rivers/Bradford/Bridgewater like two rounds later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
gently caress Kniles, Charmander is the guy to own if Jamaal goes down for an extended period

• Locked thread