Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Zypher posted:

gently caress Kniles, Charmander is the guy to own if Jamaal goes down for an extended period

Hi there, are you familiar at all with Andy Reid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Welp. Kelce's fine, I was five minutes late.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I am planning on getting some shares of Kniles Davis, and if JC gets hurt, hang up the phone when his owner calls. Is that smart? Anyway, a real question, would Davis start on a lot/any other NFL teams, or is he just a product of the KC system? Thanks!

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

kiimo posted:

Welp. Kelce's fine, I was five minutes late.

Of course he is fine. If he was in any serious danger there would have been a lot more medical tests etc, which the beat reporters would have been chattering about. The radio silence for ~24 hours told me it was nothing to worry about.

For all of the hamfisted Jordy Nelson comparisons: yeah, he walked off on his own power... and then the beat guys IMMEDIATELY reported he was getting an MRI for a suspected ACL tear.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Knile Davis is legit loving awesome and would start most places and I'd want his backup when he inevitably hurts his knee.

No running backs in KC are a product of the system, our line is poo poo.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Franks Happy Place posted:

Of course he is fine. If he was in any serious danger there would have been a lot more medical tests etc, which the beat reporters would have been chattering about. The radio silence for ~24 hours told me it was nothing to worry about.

For all of the hamfisted Jordy Nelson comparisons: yeah, he walked off on his own power... and then the beat guys IMMEDIATELY reported he was getting an MRI for a suspected ACL tear.

jabro posted:

Jordy walked off on his own, too. I'm only saying this to freak out everyone who drafted Kelce in the 4th.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Agreed. When you are taking handcuffs, do not prioritize the handcuff to your guy, prioritize the best situation and talent.

If Bell goes down, DeAngelo Williams will still be a lovely old RB on an injury-ravaged team. On the other hand, if Anderson or Charles went down, Hillman or Knile Davis would give you 90 cents on the dollar. If you are buying a lotto ticket, why purposely buy one where you know the prize is lovely?

Remember: the chances of your handcuff paying off are 100% unrelated to who your starters are. Who gives a poo poo whose team the current RB1 is on?

Counterpoint: If you grab Bell and snipe Ronnie Hillman and Bell goes down while CJA keeps rocking, you now have a handcuff burning a hole on your bench, an injured guy burning a hole on your bench and an RB1 slot that you probably don't have anyone to fill in north of 60 cents on the dollar.

I get your point that you shouldn't limit yourself to handcuffs in YOUR situation if they're not going to give you as much RoI, but you also need to factor in the injury risk for your first round/second round picks. If you pick L. Bell I think you should really prioritize grabbing D. Williams because Bell has a decent chance of being injured again. If you grabbed AP, I would laugh at you (and probably be proven wrong mid-season) for grabbing McKinnon over Hillman or Knile Davis.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Sniping handcuffs in the late rounds is the loving best, just because it makes other people mad.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Amergin posted:

Counterpoint: If you grab Bell and snipe Ronnie Hillman and Bell goes down while CJA keeps rocking, you now have a handcuff burning a hole on your bench, an injured guy burning a hole on your bench and an RB1 slot that you probably don't have anyone to fill in north of 60 cents on the dollar.

I get your point that you shouldn't limit yourself to handcuffs in YOUR situation if they're not going to give you as much RoI, but you also need to factor in the injury risk for your first round/second round picks. If you pick L. Bell I think you should really prioritize grabbing D. Williams because Bell has a decent chance of being injured again. If you grabbed AP, I would laugh at you (and probably be proven wrong mid-season) for grabbing McKinnon over Hillman or Knile Davis.

I actually think McKinnon is one of the highest-upside handcuffs in football this year. :shobon:

\/\/\/ What he said.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Just don't draft handcuffs. Take fliers that you can cut if they don't pan out instead and don't tie down a spot on your bench to a guy who over 80% of the time is going to sit there and do nothing for you.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 1, 2015

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
My QB and TE are the weakness on my team. After I missed a few guys I was eyeing I went all in on RB/WR until the last few picks of the draft. Who do you like out of

Cutler
Kaepernick
Carson Palmer

Dwayne Allen
Jordan Reed
Ben Watson
Josh Hill
Donnell
Ladarius Green
Heath Miller

I'm still optimistic about the rest of my team but every time I look at these two positions I throw up in my mouth a little. Cutler and Allen are currently on my team.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Just don't draft handcuffs. Take fliers that you can cut if they don't pan out instead and don't tie down a spot on your bench to a guy who over 80% of the time is going to sit there and do nothing for you.

Truth - especially since most leagues the lower-level handcuffs (D. Williams) will go undrafted.

I actually think McKinnon is one of the highest-upside handcuffs in football this year. :shobon:

\/\/\/ What he said.

Do you think he'll take the redzone duties and stop being sniped by Asiata?

That's my biggest worry with that backfield is if AP goes down, it may turn into an unpredictable "RBBC" like it was last year.

I personally think McKinnon is a good-to-great RB but those Asiata TDs had me shaking my fist more than once.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Counterpoint: Take all the handcuffs in the mid to late rounds and load up on stud WR's. Might work, that is a Taco move though.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Handcuffs are the dumbest thing in fantasy unless you have like 10 bench spots.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Amergin posted:

Truth - especially since most leagues the lower-level handcuffs (D. Williams) will go undrafted.

I took Gio Bernard as my 4th RB behind Charles, Anderson, and Hill. I didn't take him because he was Hill's back-up, I took him because he was the best RB available, being a handcuff is only a coincidence and won't matter unless Hill gets hurt. I don't have either Hillman or Davis on my team and I honestly don't care. Instead I have 6 great WRs and if one of those guys goes down, I'm just starting the other two and flexing a WR. I know that my keeper situation isn't entirely portable over to a re-draft strategy, but the point is there are much better ways to prepare the construction of your team for injuries than taking handcuffs. Worried your RB1 might get hurt? Take an extra bench RB. Don't waste your time with guys who won't score points unless you're taking a bottom-of-bench flier.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Michael Corleone posted:

Counterpoint: Take all the handcuffs in the mid to late rounds and load up on stud WR's. Might work, that is a Taco move though.

If we go by positional scarcity, there are ~12 good handcuffs so therefore we should be drafting handcuffs in the first round.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Gio, Spiller, Vereen, Mathews are all exceptions to the handcuff rule because they'll produce independently of the other HB due to other usage

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Gio, Spiller, Vereen, Mathews are all exceptions to the handcuff rule because they'll produce independently of the other HB due to other usage

And in the case of Vereen, I wouldn't even consider him a handcuff. He's going to be the #1 RB by mid-season. But yes, guys who are legitimate 1Bs are totally fine for drafting as an RB3/4

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

If we go by positional scarcity, there are ~12 good handcuffs so therefore we should be drafting handcuffs in the first round.

Good idea, thanks! Also, last season of The League should be on Netflix today, I don't know where I stopped watching, but going to watch tonight!

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.

My average ppg from my best handcuff is somewhere around 0.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Amergin posted:

Do you think he'll take the redzone duties and stop being sniped by Asiata?

That's my biggest worry with that backfield is if AP goes down, it may turn into an unpredictable "RBBC" like it was last year.

I personally think McKinnon is a good-to-great RB but those Asiata TDs had me shaking my fist more than once.

I think McKinnon proved himself to the coaches enough last year that if 'ol Whipnuts goes down, they will go "Whelp, McKinnon's the future, let's see what we got" and give him a good share of that offense.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ol whipnuts is my new team name thanks

ID129
Jul 9, 2007
I'm drafting tonight in a 0.5 PPR League that starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE Flex, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, and one K. There have been a few changes to the league though, we are moving from 6 Bench Spots to 4 Bench Spots and a single IR spot.

Does anyone have any advice for leagues with Short Benches? I know already that all my bench spots are probably going to go to RBs and WRs in the draft. I feel like getting a good QB and TE (Gronk) is more important. I am not sure if streaming defences is easier or harder in this situation. I also feel like Arian Foster should get a boost in value with the IR spot. I will most likely be using the relevant BeerSheet for the Draft.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

ID129 posted:

good QB and TE (Gronk) is more important.

QB, yes, but I still wouldn't take any of the top-5 unless they are a good ADP value. I'd still be confident with a Tannehill/Rivers. If Gronk or Olsen are a bargain, I'd say go for it, but I still maintain that TEs aren't important and you can just get Eifert/Daniels at the tail end of the draft.

quote:

I am not sure if streaming defences is easier or harder in this situation.

Not relevant, I think. Just grab a team with a good Week 1 matchup. I'm really partial to the Vikings against SF if there are no "good" defenses available.

quote:

I also feel like Arian Foster should get a boost in value with the IR spot.

Absolutely. Take him immediately and draft another RB for your bench. Don't even bother drafting a DEF or K and just pick one up after you IR him.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 1, 2015

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

ID129 posted:

I'm drafting tonight in a 0.5 PPR League that starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE Flex, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, and one K. There have been a few changes to the league though, we are moving from 6 Bench Spots to 4 Bench Spots and a single IR spot.

Does anyone have any advice for leagues with Short Benches? I know already that all my bench spots are probably going to go to RBs and WRs in the draft. I feel like getting a good QB and TE (Gronk) is more important. I am not sure if streaming defences is easier or harder in this situation. I also feel like Arian Foster should get a boost in value with the IR spot. I will most likely be using the relevant BeerSheet for the Draft.

Since you have to play a TE, grab one once the value is there. No need to spend a precious (and with short benches, all your picks are heightened in value) 1st round pick on Gronk. If he or Graham/Kelce don't fall to where you feel that have value, then grab whatever TE is available in the mid-to-late rounds.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Would you drop any player on either team for Zach Zenner?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Disregard, Ertz is injured it appears, see how much I value TE's?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Stills. I like Stills but you're never going to really use him with those WRs, especially if Perriman comes back and has any sort of relevance.

I'd drop Clay if you didn't have Ertz. Honeslty, I'd rather have Daniels or Eifert than either.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Boldin? Old, bad Oline, bad QB.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok im a cja owner and would feel way better with hillman but no idea who to drop out of

Martavis bryant
Woodhead
Stevie Johnson
Arian foster
Ameer abdullah
Blount
Allen Robinson

I'm not comfortable letting go of any of those guys honestly but I'm a prospect hugger and love my draft board

ID129
Jul 9, 2007
I really don't like Graham at his ADP. I grabbed him in the 2nd round last year and he screwed me. I'm also not a huge fan of Kelce at his ADP with his recent injury that we don't know much about. I'll take the TE advice into consideration. I may target Jordan Cameron or Owen Daniels for my TE depending on if I get Tanehill or the Miami D. I'll probably aim for Foster in the 5th or late 4th as his current ADP, according the the Beersheets, is 6.6.

I feel like I really have to plan for Bye Weeks right away with such a short bench.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

I like Boldin as a end-of-bench WR. He's going to see a ton of tagets beucase the 49ers are going to be behind and passing a ton, and Kaep can only go to his 1st read. He's got a shot to be the only "productive" player on that offense. He might catch 80 passes just because he's there.

the_american_dream posted:

Ok im a cja owner and would feel way better with hillman but no idea who to drop out of

Martavis bryant
Woodhead
Stevie Johnson
Arian foster
Ameer abdullah
Blount
Allen Robinson

I'm not comfortable letting go of any of those guys honestly but I'm a prospect hugger and love my draft board

I absolutely wouldn't drop any one of those guys for Hillman, and honestly, of all those guys I like Blount the least. Don't want no part of BBRBBC. All three of them are going to put up RB2-4 numbers, but they'll be weeks of 2,20,4,25,5 points and why?

If you really are insistent on a handcuff, I would drop Woodhead.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 1, 2015

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

the_american_dream posted:

Martavis bryant
Woodhead
Stevie Johnson
Arian foster
Ameer abdullah
Blount
Allen Robinson

woodhead is the easy drop here

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Ol whipnuts is my new team name thanks

That's his name in my main keeper league. :tipshat:

woodhead is the easy drop here

:agreed:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea you're probably right but man im high on Woodhead

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

LmaoTheKid posted:

You're crazy if you'd drop Boldin for the 3rd running back on the Lions. I don't even...

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LmaoTheKid posted:

Turned on autodraft late, would never pick him intentionally.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Someone took Owen Daniels in the 6th round in our live draft this weekend. I'm all for drafting him, but every draft I got him in was in the 12th or later...

I happily took Kelce in the next round.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

CompeAnansi posted:

You're crazy if you'd drop Boldin for the 3rd running back on the Lions. I don't even...

Sigmund Bloom and some other Fantasy Twitter guys keep banging the drum on Zenner as a late round flier this year. If Bell were to get re-injured or not recover well from whatever mystery surgery he got (some are speculating micro-fracture), there's a chance Zenner takes over the between the tackles work in Detroit.

Still, I'd rather have Boldin who should be a solid flex play this year or at the very least, have some kind of trade value to a WR-needy team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Nick Toon going to get waived/cut, time to invest in shares of Brandon Coleman if you're looking for a WR lottery pick.

Cervixalot posted:

Sigmund Bloom and some other Fantasy Twitter guys keep banging the drum on Zenner as a late round flier this year. If Bell were to get re-injured or not recover well from whatever mystery surgery he got (some are speculating micro-fracture), there's a chance Zenner takes over the between the tackles work in Detroit.

Still, I'd rather have Boldin who should be a solid flex play this year or at the very least, have some kind of trade value to a WR-needy team.

Still not sold on Zenner, even though he's had a pretty amazing pre-season. He's the kind of guy I wouldn't draft, but I would put at the top of my watch list. As soon as I hear a whiff of news relating to a Bell injury, I'd pull the trigger on him.

Gearman fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 1, 2015

• Locked thread