Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Tremek posted:

New pads, turned rotors, and Motul RBF 600 for the -V today. Pads - for both axles - a whopping $50 delivered by Amazon Prime. Some quirk in the Matrix means pads for these big Brembos are dirt cheap.

This all in preparation for the Virginia City Hillclimb this weekend. May be the only wagon representing! Pics/cool poo poo to follow.

I love you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Goldie UK17s? A fantastic choice.

His are painted stock 16s.

:spergin:

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.

Slow is Fast posted:

True story.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Slow is Fast posted:

I knew that, sure I did, I just wanted to post my old car :(

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Aug 28, 2015

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

nm posted:

Huh? The mazda6 wagon is just a fusion wagon and those are pretty solid driverrain wise.

But its not and the fusion is a rolling piece of garbage in ford or mercury form. Plenty of timing chain issues on the mercury version. That was the number one car that would get traded for new subarus, at my once Lincoln mercury now Mazda Subaru dealer. They are poo poo if there a mazda ford or mercury. And the Mazda wagons HAD HORRIBLE RUST ISSUES. I'm in the rust belt so it scews my view but up until they changed the body again in like 09 or 10 mazda still had horrendous rust problems and evap problems thanks to spiders and retarded dealer techs who couldn't perform the recalls right.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Mazda has hosed up so hard with rust in the rust belt. Subaru too. You'll see the occasional 5 year old one with rust starting, and pretty much every 10+ old one will have major rust holes. Just unexcusable, when all my toyota cars have gone 15-20 years with minimal rust while driving in the same conditions.

You can literally hear someone has a mazda 3 for example, and you just instinctively know it's rusted up.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Tremek posted:

New pads, turned rotors, and Motul RBF 600 for the -V today. Pads - for both axles - a whopping $50 delivered by Amazon Prime. Some quirk in the Matrix means pads for these big Brembos are dirt cheap.

This all in preparation for the Virginia City Hillclimb this weekend. May be the only wagon representing! Pics/cool poo poo to follow.

Nice deal. The brembos I had on my V1 were common on a bunch of cars (evo, 350z, etc) and were loving nuts. With SS lines and HP+ pads it would nearly break my neck just sneezing on the the pedal. I had to go back to stock pads because it was too aggressive for street driving. :allears:

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

Tremek posted:

How big are those?

I have the J55 brakes (f-13.6" r-13.4") on my 2010 wagon and parts guy was like are these rotors for a van? I said no a station wagon.

Still find it amusing that a CTS4 tops the scales at 4300+ pounds.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

KennyLoggins posted:

How big are those?

I have the J55 brakes (f-13.6" r-13.4") on my 2010 wagon and parts guy was like are these rotors for a van? I said no a station wagon.

Still find it amusing that a CTS4 tops the scales at 4300+ pounds.

I want to say 14". Same size as a C6.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I remember the V1 rotors being bigger than my miata's wheels. So 14" or just north of it.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
Beater wagon incoming.

See more here.

jhcain
Nov 8, 2005

EXCEEDING THE LIMIT? I'LL RUN YOUR ASS OFF THE ROAD 'CUZ I'M A PASSIVE-AGRESSIVE SPHINCTER-SUCKER. I FEEL INADEQUATE AS A MAN.
I like my wagon.

https://youtu.be/ipNSW3nr0mg

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!
Hey guys, I'm in the club :v:

Rnr
Sep 5, 2003

some sort of irredeemable trash person
:getin:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Is that an E39 wagon? That's sexy as hell

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Stefan Prodan posted:

Is that an E39 wagon? That's sexy as hell

Looks like a 3 Series to me, so it's probably an E46.

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!
Yup, it's an E46. I'm a BMW person AND a wagon person, now :getin:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Hell yeah e46 wagons!

My 2003 325i 5MT. I love it but it is getting a little small..

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

drat, now I am looking for R3x Skyline/Pintara wagons as a dream project, put a LSx V8 in it

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

priznat posted:

Hell yeah e46 wagons!

My 2003 325i 5MT. I love it but it is getting a little small..

Sell it to me then plz

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

8ender posted:

Sell it to me then plz

I'll keep that in mind! It is such a great car and none of the newer cars I have tried have anything like the combo of practicality and fun.

It was the most fun a couple days ago when we got our first rain in ages so the streets were a little greasy. Just enough power to break the rear out a bit but not enough to get in any trouble (ESC off of course)

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I want an E39 5-series wagon and I'm not entirely sure why.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

StandardVC10 posted:

I want an E39 5-series wagon and I'm not entirely sure why.

Because they are the best looking wagon?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

nm posted:

:agreed:

I love my e46 but e39s are just so fine.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

SyHopeful posted:

I love you.

You guys are so sweet. <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw5sJ_o0z7Y

My footage of my 3:51 run

My album of photos from the event

Someone's video of one of my launches

I ended up 10 seconds faster this year than last, at 3:51, which put me in (very) good company. Fantastic weekend, lots of fun.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

nm posted:

E34s look better but I'm a sucker for those quad headlights

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Left Ventricle posted:

Beater wagon incoming.

See more here.

Nice, this is what I want if anything ever happens to my Subaru. Is it the 3.3? My mom had a 1990 sedan with that engine and it ran forever with minimal care. The only reason she got rid of it is because it got stolen and the people that took it smoked crack in it, broke the front seat so that it would recline and put big speakers on the rear deck. She cried when she saw it since she had it for like 10 years and my sister and I grew up with that car.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Fart Pipe posted:

Nice, this is what I want if anything ever happens to my Subaru. Is it the 3.3? My mom had a 1990 sedan with that engine and it ran forever with minimal care. The only reason she got rid of it is because it got stolen and the people that took it smoked crack in it, broke the front seat so that it would recline and put big speakers on the rear deck. She cried when she saw it since she had it for like 10 years and my sister and I grew up with that car.

It is! I'm still not sure what I'm doing with it, but I couldn't pass it up for $200. It's rough, as you can see in the thread I linked, but it should be serviceable.

I am also, unfortunately, familiar with the ease in which these cars are stolen. I have a '96 Century wagon that got stolen from my driveway with literally a screwdriver.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Yea we were wondering why they stole her car cause it was so old and a Buick but the cops said the same thing about how easy they are to steal. I loved that engine, it has 160hp and it was faster than the 1990 Z24 3.1 I had at the time which was 130 or 140hp or something like that.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Fart Pipe posted:

Yea we were wondering why they stole her car cause it was so old and a Buick but the cops said the same thing about how easy they are to steal. I loved that engine, it has 160hp and it was faster than the 1990 Z24 3.1 I had at the time which was 130 or 140hp or something like that.

Most of the cars stolen are older cars now because they are way easier to steal than modern cars.
Most of my clients seemed to have been arrested in 90s hondas for a reason.
Older cars also have better market for used parts as owners of new cars tend to buy new parts/have warranties.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Often you can jack an old gm just by having some other old gm key. The ignition lock cylinder gets so worn any gm key will start 'em.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was the same for hondas.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Buddy of mine once hijacked my Shiro with a screwdriver. He only knew about it because we were bombing around on some back roads a few nights earlier and my keys flew out of the ignition going around a hard left.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

There's a local guy that's always parking his lovely truck where I work when he knows he's not supposed to. One day I saw him put his keys inside the fuel door after he got out of it. I drove his truck across the street behind a gas station and hilarity ensued when he was trying to find it at 2am.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Often you can jack an old gm just by having some other old gm key. The ignition lock cylinder gets so worn any gm key will start 'em.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was the same for hondas.

A friend in high school had a Celebrity wagon (with wood grain trim!) that you could start without any key at all just by turning the cylinder. We used to stop by his work and move it all the time because the door locks didn't work either.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

There's a local guy that's always parking his lovely truck where I work when he knows he's not supposed to. One day I saw him put his keys inside the fuel door after he got out of it. I drove his truck across the street behind a gas station and hilarity ensued when he was trying to find it at 2am.

That's excellent. What kind of idiot stores their keys there anyways?

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

DropShadow posted:

A friend in high school had a Celebrity wagon

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

That's excellent. What kind of idiot stores their keys there anyways?

A special kind of idiot. The truck is a pile of poo poo Isuzu S-10 so I guess he figures no one would take it. He still puts his keys there, I've checked.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

leica posted:

A special kind of idiot. The truck is a pile of poo poo Isuzu S-10 so I guess he figures no one would take it. He still puts his keys there, I've checked.

So you continue to move it, right?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I have a habit of storing my keys there when I'm at the local beaches. Mostly because shithead kids out of school for the summer were going into people's bags while they were out swimming, grabbing their keys and stealing anything not nailed down in the cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!
All ready for the trip across country :getin:

• Locked thread