Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

quote:

suddenly sponby

Yep, 3 years later and every once in awhile I still get poo poo for that, with even more details wrong. Someone the other day thought Spoony and I were dating and me breaking up with him caused the whole thing. It's super cool when every fact is entirely wrong.

All I'll say is Noah quit of his own accord, we both apologized to each other for the sniping, and we're totally cool now. Pretty much ended it immediately after I received death threats at my house for this dumb bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Are people giving you poo poo for cutting ties with Channel Awesome?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
She didn't cut ties, she got fired cause she was away from her computer for 15 minutes.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

By the way, all of this poo poo. Doug, Rob and Mike not even once apologized after what is getting up to a year since they burned all the bridges.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Leal posted:

Someone talking about their dissatisfaction about an internet critic inside the internet critic discussion thread? The gently caress is this poo poo, next you'll be telling me the parts picking thread in SC/HC will discuss computer parts.

Whats funny is going back to watch some of Spoony's old videos and watching his ask spoony ones, where he specifically says he doesn't want money cause it causes expectations of his work. Now he directly asks for money and doesn't follow up on the expectations of his work!

Unfortunatly, I feel it will never change until he hits rock bottom, because until then, it will be excuse after excuse.

Leal posted:

She didn't cut ties, she got fired cause she was away from her computer for 15 minutes.

I know it happened, and I still have trouble believing it. It's so stupid.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Has CA just turned into an experiment in seeing how many people they can churn through and fire hilariously? I'm kinda conflicted seeing Brad Jones and MarzGurl still on there, even though I never really followed them much my understanding was that they were decent people. You gotta pay the bills I guess.

e: Linkara seems cool too. I actually liked this site back in the glory days.

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Sep 2, 2015

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

DeusExMachinima posted:

Has CA just turned into an experiment in seeing how many people they can churn through and fire hilariously? I'm kinda conflicted seeing Brad Jones and MarzGurl still on there, even though I never really followed them much my understanding was that they were decent people. You gotta pay the bills I guess.

It's what happens when you give a bunch of nerds with no proper business training and experience in charge of running a site where money is a big factor.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

DeusExMachinima posted:

There's a couple of people I know who've quit reviewing. JesuOtaku is done with anime reviews but she's still active on Twitter; and I don't think anyone noticed MarzGurl recently, not even CA, but she's reuploading her Blip videos, I archived some of them just before Blip shut down in case anyone forgot to save them, so I guess that's not a problem anymore...I'm only missing the Fubuki Arcade Gamer review but god knows if it'll ever come back.

I do have 3 of Mues's Blip videos though if anyone's interested. Okay I know he may not be CA-related, although he used to be part of 'Reviewtopia' so I guess there's that.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DeusExMachinima posted:

e: Linkara seems cool too. I actually liked this site back in the glory days.

With Brad, it's not so bad. He's got his own site where he mirrors his stuff at, and all his videos are hosted on YouTube now. Same with Linkara and a few others. So you can pretty much bypass CA entirely for a lot of the good talent that's still on there. I just use it as a reference point to check what new stuff has been uploaded then go watch it on Brad, or Chuck, or Nash's actual site rather than give Michaud and the Walkers any more sweet sweet click dollars.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

BigRed0427 posted:

Speaking of Lupa, her new Movie Nights is up. It's a very 90s movie called Twin Sitters and...You're not ready. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxMq9OHLTsw
Lupa looks like she comes straight out of saved by the bell. I love me some gaudy fashion, but I am nowhere close to being able to pull it off. :v:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I should say Lupa that I'm sorry for acting like an rear end a couple years ago when all this poo poo went down. I said I didn't have much sympathy for anyone involved, but at the time I wasn't aware of just how much of a shithead Spoony actually was. So, sorry about that. I think that particular derail killed the last Internet Trainwreck thread, actually.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Junior Jr. posted:

There's a couple of people I know who've quit reviewing. JesuOtaku is done with anime reviews but she's still active on Twitter; and I don't think anyone noticed MarzGurl recently, not even CA, but she's reuploading her Blip videos, I archived some of them just before Blip shut down in case anyone forgot to save them, so I guess that's not a problem anymore...I'm only missing the Fubuki Arcade Gamer review but god knows if it'll ever come back.

I do have 3 of Mues's Blip videos though if anyone's interested. Okay I know he may not be CA-related, although he used to be part of 'Reviewtopia' so I guess there's that.
It sounds like Lindsay is basically done making 'reviews', but does videos on other things

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Annointed posted:

It's what happens when you give a bunch of nerds with no proper business training and experience in charge of running a site where money is a big factor.

It's also what happens when you have a closely-working team (with all the interpersonal poo poo-flinging and low-level drama inherent to em) who happen to be nerds/geeks with access to social media, with no understanding to keep the drama in-house and amongst those involved with it.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Sep 2, 2015

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

MonsieurChoc posted:

Actually, there are multiple Gifts the will enable a Werewolf to do it:
- The Rank 3 Homid Gift Reshape Object
- The Rank 5 Metis Gift Totem Gift
- The Rank 5 Black Fury Gift Wyld Warp
- The Rank 3 Glass Walker Gift Elemental Favor
- The Rank 4 Uktena Gift Call Elemental
- Convincing an appropriate spirit to do it (or force it using the Command Spirit gift)
- Crafting a fetish to do it
And that's without going into the supplements, as well as ignoring all the different ways Werewolf can just destroy steel beams without needing to melt them. :colbert:

:golfclap:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Junior Jr. posted:

Is JO still writing for ANN?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is JO still writing for ANN?

Actually yes as an editor.

http://jesuotaku.tumblr.com/

Here's the list on here. Because ANN doesn't have a page for a reviewer's reviews for some strange reason.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Annointed posted:

Actually yes as an editor.

http://jesuotaku.tumblr.com/

Here's the list on here. Because ANN doesn't have a page for a reviewer's reviews for some strange reason.

Well I guess she's moved on to a higher level like Lindsay.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

Are people giving you poo poo for cutting ties with Channel Awesome?

Honestly, not really? Even out of the people still currently on the site, maybe two of them said anything about having a problem with it. The response to leaving was surprisingly positive, and I lost literally no friends over it. I'd stopped posting to CA for like a month before they dropped me (their new layout sucked and I didn't want to bother), so a lot of people had moved on anyway. No one commented much anymore on CA, especially with the new layout that buried you instantly, so...I experienced little to no change, outside of being loads happier. Leaving CA was the best thing that could've happened honestly.

Arcsquad12 posted:

I should say Lupa that I'm sorry for acting like an rear end a couple years ago when all this poo poo went down. I said I didn't have much sympathy for anyone involved, but at the time I wasn't aware of just how much of a shithead Spoony actually was. So, sorry about that. I think that particular derail killed the last Internet Trainwreck thread, actually.

Aw, thanks! It's all good now. And honestly guys, Noah is a lot better than he was and we get along fine. I can't speak for his work, but at least on a personal level, he seems in a much better place. His girlfriend April is also a super nice person and she's always been great to me.

Zedd posted:

Lupa looks like she comes straight out of saved by the bell. I love me some gaudy fashion, but I am nowhere close to being able to pull it off. :v:

Ha ha, thanks! I desperately wanted an excuse to wear that jacket. Early 90s tacky is the best aesthetic!

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I picked up So Bad, It's Good 2: Electric Bookaloo for holiday reading, and rather enjoyed it. The writer seems more confident this time, and there's a good vairety of obscure material in there. Lupa, did you write the Baywatch Nights entry, or just the Baywatch one? The formatting confused me a bit there. I was suprised to learn that Baywatch Nights ran AT THE SAME TIME as the the main show. I thought it was a spin-off made after the show ended, but nope, Mitch apparently goes from being a lifeguard in the day to fighting vampires at night. :stare: Have you ever considered writing a book about bad movies, I like your writing style.

Speaking of Internet Critics and books, does anyone know if Todd has said when his book is coming out? Pat the NES Punk is doing one too, which should be interesting.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

How many people wrote/are writing books?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
JonTron put out another Starcade video. And it still isn't loving Tie Fighter. He's been stalling on it, dammit.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

OldMemes posted:

I picked up So Bad, It's Good 2: Electric Bookaloo for holiday reading, and rather enjoyed it. The writer seems more confident this time, and there's a good vairety of obscure material in there. Lupa, did you write the Baywatch Nights entry, or just the Baywatch one? The formatting confused me a bit there. I was suprised to learn that Baywatch Nights ran AT THE SAME TIME as the the main show. I thought it was a spin-off made after the show ended, but nope, Mitch apparently goes from being a lifeguard in the day to fighting vampires at night. :stare: Have you ever considered writing a book about bad movies, I like your writing style.

Thanks! I only wrote the Baywatch entry. I thought about writing a bad movie book once, but it's hard to keep motivation sometimes. So maybe?

emeriin
Feb 1, 2015
You could do a Quantum Leap book? ;)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Miss Wallace posted:

Ha ha, thanks! I desperately wanted an excuse to wear that jacket. Early 90s tacky is the best aesthetic!
Once I reach my first weight goal I am going to rock a flashy tracksuit I still have. :c00l:

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

emeriin posted:

You could do a Quantum Leap book? ;)

Haha, Guide to Being a Quantum Leap Nerd!

Zedd posted:

Once I reach my first weight goal I am going to rock a flashy tracksuit I still have. :c00l:

Hell yeah! Pics or it didn't happen.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Out of curiosity, was there news of a Quantum Leap revival?

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Mraagvpeine posted:

A couple times, but neither seems to have gone anywhere.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

I think it's had rumors about that and a movie for a long time now, but that's any semi-popular show really. I doubt anything is actually underway at the moment.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Jack Gladney posted:

I can't believe they liked those garbage Hobbit movies. They're like everything RLM hates distilled into one 12-hour package.

They didn't. Which is what's so funny about his tweets.

They liked Chronicle ( they even bring it up in other reviews about how much they liked it) and they hated the Hobbit. He just wanted an excuse to dismiss their opinion but even five seconds of research will tell you he's wrong.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I somehow landed on the Cinema Snob twitter account, and in doing so I discovered my new favorite thing: Brad's amazing poo poo-eating grin selfies in front of religious movie posters. :allears:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Arcsquad12 posted:

JonTron put out another Starcade video. And it still isn't loving Tie Fighter. He's been stalling on it, dammit.
I was surprised he did X-Wing since most people prefer Tie Fighter and the former is somewhat forgotten now.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

FlamingLiberal posted:

I was surprised he did X-Wing since most people prefer Tie Fighter and the former is somewhat forgotten now.

It looked like he was doing that as warm up for Tie Figther, with the ending* but got side tracked. Personally I'm finding this Star Wars marathon to be subpar in laughs and info, though the production values are pretty impressive, for a video review show.

*Unless Jon believes Chess is a tool of the dark arts.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Production values are great, laughs are fine and info... what info? Really disappointed by that.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Some old trailers are like five mintue long and tell the entire movie. Other are loving brilliant.

It kind of helps when you start with a masterpiece as your source material.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
JonTron's StarCade stuff was okay I guess, the productions values are most impressive, the laughs are only good the first time and then they're meh, and there's very brief info about the games.

Oh yeah, I think in the first episode (and bits of the trailer), there was supposed to be some canon storyline that ties all of this together, but after that happened they forgot all about it and just focused on the games.

CaptainQuirk
May 9, 2009

Miss Wallace posted:

And honestly guys, Noah is a lot better than he was and we get along fine. I can't speak for his work, but at least on a personal level, he seems in a much better place. His girlfriend April is also a super nice person and she's always been great to me.

I feel like I have to give my own opinion on this. Yeah, he seemed like he was in a bad condition mentally and in addition to those problems I remember some vlog of his where he talked about some physical condition of his that doctors were trying to figure out. After that melt-down period I stopped visiting his site for like a year because I didn't want to watch him go off the deep end.

If I've ever seen a case of "woman making a man", this would be the one. April's effect on him seems simply astounding.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

Miss Wallace posted:

... first hand facts...

CaptainQuirk posted:

I feel like I have to give my own opinion on this.

Don't feel that you have to. Really.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

BigRed0427 posted:

Speaking of Lupa, her new Movie Nights is up. It's a very 90s movie called Twin Sitters and...You're not ready. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxMq9OHLTsw

I don't mean to quote myself but I gotta get this out there.

The two leads of this movie are so god drat ridiculous, even for the 90s, that I don't believe they exist. I think this video is some kind of Pynchon like hoax that Lupa created in order to make anyone who digs deeper into the history of the Barbarian Brothers to go insane.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 4, 2015

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

BigRed0427 posted:

I don't mean to quote myself but I gotta get this out there.

The two leads of this movie are so god drat ridiculous, even for the 90s, that I don't believe they exist. I think this video is some kind of Pynchon like hoax that Lupa created in order to make anyone who digs deeper into the history of the Barbarian Brothers to go insane.

Their rapping on some Japanese show was the best. Just so bizarre. This is the only movie I saw of theirs, but I bet their others are brilliant. According to an imdb review from someone who was an extra on their Barbarians movie, it was done as a tax break, which I'd be inclined to believe. Such a strange moment in time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

X-Wing is largely forgotten about vis-a-vis TIE Fighter because TIE Fighter was a vastly superior game. And this isn't me being glib, TIE Fighter took everything X-Wing started with and improved upon it immensely. Plus there was something unique at the time about a Star Wars game that actually let you play as the Empire, rather than fighting against them, so it's a very big nostalgia piece.

• Locked thread