Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Thirteen Orphans posted:

I mean, I know you can be a troll sometimes, but even if you don't agree with it it's pretty clear my post isn't infantilizing so much as engaging modern dialogue.

Modern dialogue is not trying to convince people that the swastika is bad. You missed that by about 70 years and anyone that still thinks it is cool can safely be ignored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.
Did you read my first post? I was referring to White Power, basically coming from the train of thought that language of violence and oppression should be excluded from our vocabulary entirely, including uses as humor, with the exception of scholarly (especially historical) contexts. This isn't new for things like Nazi symbolism in Germany, but it is newer in the United States in applying it to our context of institutional racism.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Thirteen Orphans posted:

Did you read my first post? I was referring to White Power, basically coming from the train of thought that language of violence and oppression should be excluded from our vocabulary entirely, including uses as humor, with the exception of scholarly (especially historical) contexts. This isn't new for things like Nazi symbolism in Germany, but it is newer in the United States in applying it to our context of institutional racism.

ZEEZ VERDS ARE VERBOTEN!

\o

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.
Yeah I don't agree with Germany's stance on making them illegal, I just think we should be avoiding it as a cultural eventually making it taboo.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Thirteen Orphans posted:

Yeah I don't agree with Germany's stance on making them illegal, I just think we should be avoiding it as a cultural eventually making it taboo.

I think we should laugh at all the stupid things.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Thirteen Orphans posted:

I agree that the use of these in humor may lead the ignorant down the wrong path, and that plenty of people use them seriously. But who cares. You, I and anyone who has a semblance of wisdom knows those people don't matter. . Their beliefs and words do not dictate your life. You make a difference by being positive and enacting change, not limiting another's actions. Language is the most amazing tool we have and to repress that in any way is not good.

And hey, you should try having a laugh about tragedy or something you are sad about. It doesn't help to fee negative emotions.

goodness has a new favorite as of 08:46 on Sep 2, 2015

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice

Those are some old lady faced angels.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Now you're sexualizing angels?
When will your reign of terror end PCOS Bill?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

CherryCat posted:

Those are some old lady faced angels.

The one on the right is Buscemi-faced.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bighead mode activated

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Joke's on her, that's not accurate female anatomy (timg in case educational anatomy textbooks are nws?)

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 17:56 on Sep 2, 2015

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Thin Privilege posted:

Joke's on her, that's not accurate female anatomy (timg in case educational anatomy textbooks are nws?)

Maybe she drives a Dodge.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Stoatbringer posted:

Maybe she drives a Dodge.

Probably just a Dr. Who fan.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Thin Privilege posted:

Maybe she's exaggerating her ovary size out of self consciousness. Like those guys that get the leg penis tattoos.
Although big ovaries would be more like big balls.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Why is it so.. hairy? Hope she like banging in the dark.

Maaaaaan, I really want to like this one but looking at it for more than a second and it starts to hurt the rational brain. At least it's nice and colourful.

e:

lol, think he knew going in?

Reminds me of this old hat:

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

JoelJoel posted:

Why is it so.. hairy? Hope she like banging in the dark.

Maaaaaan, I really want to like this one but looking at it for more than a second and it starts to hurt the rational brain. At least it's nice and colourful.

e:

lol, think he knew going in?

I think it's a hairy pregnant lady, and it's a cover of the ovaries tattoo

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

ChairmanMeow posted:

I think it's a hairy pregnant lady, and it's a cover of the ovaries tattoo

I guess someone took "aim for the ovaries" too literally.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

JoelJoel posted:

Reminds me of this old hat:

Yeah, that's why men like them, not because they're good trucks.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Khazar-khum posted:

Yeah, that's why men like them, not because they're good trucks.

I don't think you know what a joke is.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -