Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Son of Rodney posted:

Game owns and jesus christ how can grown people care so much about what someone else says about a goddamn game

Game reviews have been hosed for forever, at least now you can watch some random youtube/twitch streamer play it for a significant time and make up your own mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I am actually really amped to play this but its 60 bones I dont have atm, is Nuuvem an ENglish copy? I searched page few pages sorry if someone already asked. Or where else is good to get it for around that price (30 bucks some people mentioned)?

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Meowbot posted:

I am actually really amped to play this but its 60 bones I dont have atm, is Nuuvem an ENglish copy? I searched page few pages sorry if someone already asked. Or where else is good to get it for around that price (30 bucks some people mentioned)?

Greenmangaming's got it for $36.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

I accidentally smoked one of the sidequest givers out in the world with the car because I couldn't brake in time, and then it gave me "quest complete: mercy kill" :stare:

You can finish every Minefield by just driving over all the mines. Once you get some upgrades on the Magnum Opus all three barely dent it. :ssh:

Once you get the Thunderpoon, it's even easier, since you can just blast the ground to smithereens and you''ll AoE hit all the mines.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Thanks! I just bit the bullet and it worked on Nuuvem for $24.66 downloading on US steam account now. Woot!!

This game is GORGEOUS

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

TotalHell posted:

It may be less about where and more about when. Buzzards only come out at night.

Also their home turf is the eastern desert.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Who gives a poo poo what some guys with some fancy shmancy words and bachelors in linguisticating think? Watch part of an LP, watch some fat bald nerd talk about why it's the best/worst/:mediocre: game ever. Then just drop some money on it when it's 5 bucks on steam next christmas. That's what I'm doing. :smuggo:

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Day Three. Unlike previous excursions into the Wasteland, this time I have my car and it's coming along nicely. Today I awoke, climbed into my Interceptor and drove out into the endless sand without too much of destination in mind. I came upon yet another wrecked ship in the desert, but this one was buried all the way up to it's deck.. coming closer and there was a hatch leading down..

Inside, it's clearly more than a wreck. I'm Mad Max (properly now, I've got the jacket and all).. creeping through the hold of a converted ship.. in the middle of the Wasteland.. with my Interceptor waiting outside. When I've searched this feature I'll get back into my car and either continue on my wanderings or at any point just fast travel back to something more structured to do (it doesn't break my immersion. Max manages to drive himself somewhere unaided, I believe that).

I just find it a lot more fun than Witcher 3 and GTAO is awesome but ends up pretty limited pretty quickly. I don't want to walk around like in Fallout 3, I wanna drive and preferably in a style akin to Mad Max movies. This game obviously doesn't have depth (or budget?) of a game like Fallout 4 but I'll be hosed if I'm going to just hike everywhere again.

Evil Canadian posted:

I accidentally smoked one of the sidequest givers out in the world with the car because I couldn't brake in time, and then it gave me "quest complete: mercy kill" :stare:

Yeah me too lol. Just couldn't stop in time and smushed him before I could do anything. Got the tick box too and laughed.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Anyone playing on PC have an issue where it reverts to 50Hz instead of higher? It's a fun game so far, but this is bugging the piss out of me.

Yeah, it's stuck on 50 for me too. You change it and it does nothing at all, then when you come back it's back to what it was. I've just put up with it.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Rookersh posted:

You can finish every Minefield by just driving over all the mines. Once you get some upgrades on the Magnum Opus all three barely dent it. :ssh:

Once you get the Thunderpoon, it's even easier, since you can just blast the ground to smithereens and you''ll AoE hit all the mines.

I like the cut of your jib sir. I actually like the minigame of clearing mines with Dog, it's a fun idea. But then I open the map and realise it's two per region, and there a fuckton of regions. The only problem is that you have to leave your nitro-boosted harpoon slinging death machine at home while you do it. If Dog could ride in the Magnum Opus, and got out to clear mines, wouldn't be an issue. i like to mess with whatever I see while roaming the wasteland, and finding a container I can't open without a harpoon simply because I'm in the buggy annoys me.

I'll just blast them out of the ground then. Wonder if gas cans work, hmm...

Minefields are the only content that had me look at the map and get a slight sinking feeling, for the above reasons. I like all the rest. Even the "checklist" scavenger sites are totally fine with me as so many of them are in really unusual places, they've been crafted instead of being clonestamped across the world.

Sure wish the game had bikes though.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I think my top five realistic (as in they could do it) dlc options would be:

Motorbike gangs. I get it if making them for the player doesnt work but having some rockraiders would be awesome.

War Rig convoy. Special convoy, perhaps only every few days and doesn't go on a loop, that way you only get one shot at taking it out. Allow for combat on vehicle if possible (like just cause)

Gyrocopter. Take dog, room for a fuel can and dlc includes molotovs you can drop while flying (also a snake) Bruce Spence npc mission giver.

Then some stuff like alternate characters for a newgame+ option or somerhing like the Arkham games. Mel Gibson Max model, Tom Hardy Max model, Furiosa, Toecutter, Goose.

More cars. MM1 Main Force Patrol pursuit interceptors Holden HQ Monaro & Ford XB Falcon and the two paintjobs for them.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I made a Fury Road SweetFX+Reshade preset.

Here are some screens:

Here is the download.

EDIT: Completely re-did the colors. Originally had too much blue, and sand kicking up/sun made it impossible to see the ground.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Sep 3, 2015

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I hope there's some mods that come along that spawn random convoys because good lord they are fun to take apart.

Especially with the final shotgun upgrade.

:omarcomin:

Jackapol
Sep 16, 2007
Huh huh buhhh.
Wow this game is such a breathe of fresh air for me. I LOVE the fact that there is almost nothing overtly original in any of the core game play mechanics. It just feels as if game developers always feel like they need to reinvent the wheel for every single game or sequel. Just give me tried and true game mechanics that have not only been shown to work, but have proven themselves to be just a blast to play. Maybe if I played games a hell of a lot more games nowadays this might feel a bit rip off-ish,(which might explain some reviews, seriously idiots get out of the gaming mindset every once in a while) but I don't and this game is just a joy to play.

The car combat, unarmed fighting, and the whole open world aspects are pretty much taken from other sources almost wholesale but who gives a poo poo. We know it works, it works well, and its a loving blast to play, anything more is just pointless details. The Mad Max aesthetic just elevates everything about the game; no faux 50s veneer, no annoying robot or dubstep, just the purest uncut loving post apocalyptic world that started it all.

Now I have a sun to grab and some schlangers to explode.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

Jackapol posted:

Wow this game is such a breathe of fresh air for me. I LOVE the fact that there is almost nothing overtly original in any of the core game play mechanics. It just feels as if game developers always feel like they need to reinvent the wheel for every single game or sequel. Just give me tried and true game mechanics that have not only been shown to work, but have proven themselves to be just a blast to play. Maybe if I played games a hell of a lot more games nowadays this might feel a bit rip off-ish,(which might explain some reviews, seriously idiots get out of the gaming mindset every once in a while) but I don't and this game is just a joy to play.

The car combat, unarmed fighting, and the whole open world aspects are pretty much taken from other sources almost wholesale but who gives a poo poo. We know it works, it works well, and its a loving blast to play, anything more is just pointless details. The Mad Max aesthetic just elevates everything about the game; no faux 50s veneer, no annoying robot or dubstep, just the purest uncut loving post apocalyptic world that started it all.

Now I have a sun to grab and some schlangers to explode.

This game is actually very good and at first your post sounded like it was going to be negative, but I kinda agree. Why reinvent the wheel when it doesn't need to be for this game? What kind of mechanic could possibly have made this beter? I just love powering up big punches and knocking dudes the gently caress out and I'm only a few missions in. Game is pretty great. I can't wait to be doing suplexes and power bombsl eft and right.

Can't stress enough how beautiful it is

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Parkingtigers posted:

Yeah, what is with that. I get time constraints or whatever, but bikes aren't just a fleshing out addition for the gameworld.. they're a central theme and plot device from the original story. I read a screenplay that was amazing and basically it ended it up being bad guys (Toecutter and gang) on bikes and generally good guys (cops) in cars. But it was a time when Max was still a cop, but society was still hosed. It was set when the first movie was set, which is a long time before the second. By the second everything has broken down and it's the Wasteland proper, it stays that way for Thunderdome and then Fury Road. But the first movie (which is so old and poo poo I can't watch it) and this book are set in what I find an actually more interesting time.

The story opens and it's before Max is given the black on black Pursuit Special. There is a transcontinental highway and young hoodlums do something called the 'Death Run' or something similar, where they get hopped up on stimulants and commit some minor offence at one end of the country (which isn't specifically Australia.. it's just a general dustbowl through the centre) and then try to make it all the way to the other. They'll prepare for months, tuning their car, getting the right mix of pills.. then it's like a few days straight of insanity to earn your stripes in a hardcore gang like the Toecutters. In the end of the highway, the last cop before the border and they lose you.. is Max. There is an amazing chase and it ends with the kid and his girl smooshed and Max looking on sagely as you'd expect.

Max needs a break and tells his Chief he is going to quit, so the Chief presents him with the Pursuit Special ('one of the last of the V8s'). If I remember rightly then Max still refuses, goes on a break with his wife Jesse (and a son they name 'Sprog' which I found ridiculous at 14 when I read it) and the Toecutter hunts them down and eventually kills Jesse and his kid. Bent black by hate and rage, Max returns to his Chief and basically says 'give me those keys, I've got cunts to kill' and he then hunts Toecutter down and ends up smooshing him real good (just like it happens in the first movie).

tl:dr I get that Max drives but not having your super bad guys be bikers is disappointing.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Jackapol posted:

Now I have a sun to grab

:sun:

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Tony Montana posted:

Yeah, what is with that. I get time constraints or whatever, but bikes aren't just a fleshing out addition for the gameworld.. they're a central theme and plot device from the original story.

There is actually a part in the game where Max picks up a photo of a motorbike (looks like a 500cc) and the writing on the back is "What is this?". Made me smile in the context of the game vs the first movie.

Tony Montana posted:

(and a son they name 'Sprog' which I found ridiculous at 14 when I read it)

Sprog is actually slang for kid in various parts of the commonwealth.

midge fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Sep 3, 2015

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Hah that first chase scene, that's with the Nightrider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOi1l_Dkl-A

The script is exactly what I remember, 'I'm hotter than a rolling die!' and 'watch me lay down a rubber road to freedom!' is word for word what the Nightrider says in this book. You just have to ignore what are laughable old Kingswoods (the Nightrider's car is pretty cool though), the dumb music and some of the 'action' (like the car going through the caravan.. but that's me with my 2015 Fury Road view of the world heh).

Otherwise it's a pretty cool scene. Nightrider loses it way too quick, I think Max sticks with him for a hour or something in the book.. his bumper glued to the Nightrider's rear and he just can't shake him. Eventually he starts blubbering to his girl (who starts blubbering too lol) and that's why he misses the dude trying to slow him down.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

drunkill posted:

I think my top five realistic (as in they could do it) dlc options would be:

Motorbike gangs. I get it if making them for the player doesnt work but having some rockraiders would be awesome.

War Rig convoy. Special convoy, perhaps only every few days and doesn't go on a loop, that way you only get one shot at taking it out. Allow for combat on vehicle if possible (like just cause)

Gyrocopter. Take dog, room for a fuel can and dlc includes molotovs you can drop while flying (also a snake) Bruce Spence npc mission giver.

Then some stuff like alternate characters for a newgame+ option or somerhing like the Arkham games. Mel Gibson Max model, Tom Hardy Max model, Furiosa, Toecutter, Goose.

More cars. MM1 Main Force Patrol pursuit interceptors Holden HQ Monaro & Ford XB Falcon and the two paintjobs for them.

This list is spot on, these are the things I'd like too.

I'd also like a NG+ option which was a super tough survival mode. No Griffa upgrades, more enemies, tougher enemies, less ammunition, less health gained from food. I've never had to eat rats yet, and I'm pretty sure I should be earing rats.

Would be nice to be able to carry a melee weapon in your car too.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Jackapol posted:

Wow this game is such a breathe of fresh air for me.

For me, a setting I like and solid open-world mechanics are much more important than 'taking risks' for the sake of it.

All open-world game mechanics are variations on the same things - melee, shooting, driving, stealth, climbing things/exploration. There's only so many varieties of activities/encounters/missions you can use them in.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

OhGreatAGinger posted:

So I've got the same problem as this guy, but disabling steam overlay didn't fix it. Also tried reinstalling DirectX and vcredist and changing from fullscreen to borderless, that didn't work either. Funny thing is, the game plays smoothly

My graphics card is a GTX 650 1GB, is that my problem, is this what happens with not enough vram? Is someone gonna tell me I actually have to meet the minimum specs as advertised? loving capitalism ruining my computer games...

Funny thing is, the game plays smoothly, its just this ugly purple contrasty mess like the screenshot above.

I have the same graphics card and the game looks just fine for me. I run it on a 1280*1024 monitor, so I guess you might have a different one? I have the settings on high, so the card can definitely run the game despite being below the specs. I upgraded the NVIDIA drivers just before I started playing and have had no problems at all. Whatever the problem is on your end, keep checking the forums since some others have had the same issue. I'm sure they'll find the cause eventually.

I don't care what reviewers say, personally. Good word of mouth from players says more anyways. The game is good if you're not burned out on the genre, and I myself am not. I hope the game sells well, because it would be nice to see the devs get rewarded for good work. And sequels might be nice too.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

The number one DLC this game needs is car horns, seriously. I want to be an annoying jerk while I rip cars and people apart.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
I'm pretty happy; I had a random enemy call me 'smeggo' and he called one of his buddies 'cackpants'. Then I shanked them violently against a wall.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Someone said it earlier, but the Cleanup Crew picks up the scrap from random encounters with cars.

You get it, then you smash all day and never get out and pick up all the scrap. It's wonderful.

The other upgrades are great too, once you've got a decent ammo belt and fill it every time you go to a stronghold, you've got plenty of shotgun shells to not gently caress around. Also I ignore the last scrap at a site now, if I've got the insignias and destroyed the camp, got the project part I came for.. I'm not faffing around for completeness. Just fast travel the gently caress out of there and somewhere more exciting.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Almost wallpaper! Although I don't think the boat fits the composition :ohdear:

You'd think they wouldn't fall for their own bear traps... Saved me the work.

It was a bit poo poo getting 18 scrap for a Wasteland quest, wow what a loot cache lady!

Carecat fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Sep 3, 2015

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Niggurath posted:

I'm pretty happy; I had a random enemy call me 'smeggo' and he called one of his buddies 'cackpants'. Then I shanked them violently against a wall.

The fight to get to LP this game first will be brutal.

Parkingtigers posted:

The only answer for it is a piece of history where someone wrote "What the hell is this thing?" on the back of a picture of a motorcycle.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Minefields, balloons and hunting down that last piece of scrap in a camp are annoying, but otherwise the game is great.

Also, let me retain equipment look without losing the modifiers, damnit. Upgraded Max looks silly. Although if combat keeps the level of difficulty, maybe increasing it a bit by not wearing top notch stuff is a good thing.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Took out my first top dog for the black tar paint job and its a janky two-tone thing. I'm not gonna be able to recreate the interceptor am I? :(

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Where'd you get that sickass wrench? :swoon:

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
In the ship, bro. First time I'd seen it too, along with the setting - hence the screenshot.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
You get a random selection of weapons depending on where you are from picks, cleavers and maces to wrenches, spears and an odd assortment of shivs. There are seemingly no machetes or swords in the Wasteland which is kind of refreshing to be honest.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I'm considering picking this up due to how much people are calling bullshit on reviewer opinions. Someone compare it to another game or two, and help me decide.

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

Xaerael posted:

I'm considering picking this up due to how much people are calling bullshit on reviewer opinions. Someone compare it to another game or two, and help me decide.

It's like Shadow of Mordor with cars in a Mad Max world.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Xaerael posted:

Shadow of Mordor with cars instead of caragors and not set in generic fantasy universe #546

I had plenty of fun in SoM. I'm having plenty of fun in Mad Max too but for different reason. And it manages to be even prettier.

efb

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Green man gaming just sent me a new key. Going to try tonight but probably the ripper preorder bonus

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I am going break up the good vibes parade for a second; there are some parts of this game that are rough. I fell through a floor while taking a camp and got stuck inside a cage I was very not supposed to be in. Cars have despawned right in front of me multiple times, while I was in the middle of fighting them. I got teleported around during one fist fight for what seemed like no reason. The collision physics during fist fights in general can get real jumbled sometimes, though sometimes this is a positive. I haven't gotten anything Arkham Knight bad yet, and it doesn't feel like I will, but at times it does feel like the game is working against itself.

I still really, really like this game. It's really good at producing cool moments that I wish I had screenshotted, and the car combat is pretty drat satisfying.

Xaerael posted:

Someone made a by-the-numbers Ubisoft/Shadow of Mordor style open world game, but with the Just Cause art crew so everything looks gorgeous and there is a grappling hook.

Also the goofy orc you befriend in Shadow of Mordor for five minutes rides in your car now and spouts car related blessings. Despite how this sounds, it is great and he is great. Praise be! Praise be!

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Maduo posted:

The collision physics during fist fights in general can get real jumbled sometimes

I wish I was recording it because a few times I had Max backflip like a crazy ragdoll for no reasons and it was so hilarious (in a Skyrim physics bug kind of way) that it actually made me appreciate the game even more.

e: kind of like this

SpaceGoatFarts fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Sep 3, 2015

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Xaerael posted:

It's Sleeping Dogs in the wasteland. It's Just Cause 2 after a nuclear war. It's Carmageddon after armageddon.

If you like punching things, long car chases ramming bad bastards off the road, explosions, and the Mad Max films, you will have fun with this game.

Edit: The vid is still processing, but here's 8 minutes I spent taking down a convoy earlier. http://youtu.be/NIeFIoMbEvA I'm on my 3rd day of constant playing, still haven't made it to Gutgash's place yet as I keep getting distracted in the best way.

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Sep 3, 2015

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Shadow of Mordor with cars instead of caragors and not set in generic fantasy universe #546

I'm not sure Middle Earth really deserves the title "generic fantasy universe" considering it's probably the main original fantasy universe that is constantly ripped off by all the generic ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Hahaha when you beat up all his goons, the war criers will just slowly turn on their dumb crane things all pathetic like, and tell you "You know I didn't mean those things that I cried at you"

e: I just loving tombstoned a guy

Son of Rodney fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Sep 3, 2015

• Locked thread